What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022: Which NFL franchise is currently the most dysfunctional? (1 Viewer)

Which NFL Team gets your vote as the #4 dysfunctional organization?

• Houston Texans

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 24 9.0%
  • Washington Commanders

Votes: 53 19.9%
  • Detroit Lions

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Chicago Bears

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • Other Team (please post which team)

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters
I think it might be Denver. Coach that looks like one of the all time worst hires and what's looking like a monumental blunder of a trade for Wilson.

Yeah, how in the world is Denver not an option for this poll?

Never got an answer here but starting 0-2 with home losses to Washington and Las Vegas I'll ask again - How in the world was Denver not an option for this poll?
They've lost two games by a grand total of 3 points. It's a slow start in a new regime, but how is that "dysfunctional?"

first team to ever start 0-2 with a point differential of 3

(and no, so far no has started 0-2 with -2 differential)
They were also just purchased by the wealthiest owner now in the league and hired, presumably still one of the best coaches.

Impatient much?

I asked the question last year when this thread was started and Payton wasn't their coach. So......
So...things have gotten better since then?

Mega rich owner, great HC etc.

All the owners are mega rich. Having more money than Jerry Jones or Arthur Blank doesn't help in any way, shape or form. Just go ask, well, Jerry Jones. Salary cap is the great equalizer in the NFL. This isn't baseball and by all accounts, this mega rich owner cares about football about as much as my wife does.

Payton had success, yes. He has won a Super Bowl, yes. George Siefert won two, how are we measuring Payton's greatness? Regular season success? Getting the most out of Drew Brees?

Denver has to go to Miami this week, I'm not liking their chances. Good news is they have Chicago and the Jets after that. Bad news is they have KC, Green Bay, KC and Buffalo. Yikes.
This is a thread about most dysfunctional franchises, take your billions and your fancy new coach and take it to the My Team Isn't Very Good This Year thread.

Denver hasn't been good in many years. That's the point. And they are doing it through dysfunction.
They won a Super Bowl eight years ago.

Must suck rooting for a franchise where that seems like a long time.

The Giants won 2 Superbowls in the last 15 years. They made the poll. They've also been to the playoffs more recently than Denver.
And I have no idea why they're on this list.

I think it might be Denver. Coach that looks like one of the all time worst hires and what's looking like a monumental blunder of a trade for Wilson.

Never got an answer here but starting 0-2 with home losses to Washington and Las Vegas I'll ask again - How in the world was Denver not an option for this poll?
They've lost two games by a grand total of 3 points. It's a slow start in a new regime, but how is that "dysfunctional?"

They were also just purchased by the wealthiest owner now in the league and hired, presumably still one of the best coaches.

Impatient much?

I asked the question last year when this thread was started and Payton wasn't their coach. So......

Broncos are impatient. They are flailing around in their decision making throwing stuff against the wall. The "positives" you mention are a symptom.
Mega rich owner wants to win now even though the roster is in shambles and they have no draft picks.

Sweet, what do they do? Trade a 1st and a 2nd for a freaking head coach? You've got to be kidding.
You think the Sean Payton deal was bad after two games?

New ownership gets one move, two games and immediately they're out of control and dysfunctional.

You want to talk about living a dysfunctional nightmare?

Raiders fans: "Hold my beer."
Commanders fans: "You have beer???"

As a Raiders fan I actually think they are headed in a good direction. Think about that for a minute.

Hurry though, before Chandler Jones finds the keys to his socials.

Impatient much?

Broncos are impatient. They are flailing around in their decision making throwing stuff against the wall. The "positives" you mention are a symptom.
Mega rich owner wants to win now even though the roster is in shambles and they have no draft picks.

Sweet, what do they do? Trade a 1st and a 2nd for a freaking head coach? You've got to be kidding.

New ownership gets one move, two games and immediately they're out of control and dysfunctional.
Save your energy, Chaka. Not everyone sees the long game like you.

The narrative about the Broncos won't change until it actually shows up in the W-L column, regardless of positive foundational precursor moves.

Last year the Detroit Lions were 1-6 and viewed as the same 'ole sad sack organization...until suddenly all their turnaround moves began to mature...and now here we are with them beating the Chiefs.

If the Broncos aren't highly competitive by the second half of the year, I'll eat my words, but until then it's just growing pains IMO.

Impatient much?

All the owners are mega rich. Having more money than Jerry Jones or Arthur Blank doesn't help in any way, shape or form. Just go ask, well, Jerry Jones. Salary cap is the great equalizer in the NFL. This isn't baseball and by all accounts, this mega rich owner cares about football about as much as my wife does.

Payton had success, yes. He has won a Super Bowl, yes. George Siefert won two, how are we measuring Payton's greatness? Regular season success? Getting the most out of Drew Brees?

Denver has to go to Miami this week, I'm not liking their chances. Good news is they have Chicago and the Jets after that. Bad news is they have KC, Green Bay, KC and Buffalo. Yikes.
This is a thread about most dysfunctional franchises, take your billions and your fancy new coach and take it to the My Team Isn't Very Good This Year thread.

Denver hasn't been good in many years. That's the point. And they are doing it through dysfunction.

The Giants won 2 Superbowls in the last 15 years. They made the poll. They've also been to the playoffs more recently than Denver.

Impatient much?

The narrative about the Broncos won't change until it actually shows up in the W-L column, regardless of positive foundational precursor moves.

Last year the Detroit Lions were 1-6 and viewed as the same 'ole sad sack organization...until suddenly all their turnaround moves began to mature...and now here we are with them beating the Chiefs.

If the Broncos aren't highly competitive by the second half of the year, I'll eat my words, but until then it's just growing pains IMO.

What was it last year?

Impatient much?

Impatient much?

What was it last year?
Bad.

But does it really rise to the level of dysfunction when the current ownership wasn't even in place when last year's team was assembled?

Don't be so anxious to be counted among the contenders in this thread. Life looks good in Denver. Your team has reason for optimism. Go out and enjoy the clean air, beautiful scenery, snazzy downtown area and all the legal weed you can shake a stick at.

Impatient much?

Impatient much?

What was it last year?
Bad.

But does it really rise to the level of dysfunction when the current ownership wasn't even in place when last year's team was assembled?

Don't be so anxious to be counted among the contenders in this thread. Life looks good in Denver. Your team has reason for optimism. Go out and enjoy the clean air, beautiful scenery, snazzy downtown area and all the legal weed you can shake a stick at.

Do you......do you think I live in Denver and root for the Broncos? Weird.

Okay, let's give new ownership and new head coach another few games and revisit. I think the Broncos will be 3-6 at best and possibly 2-7 by Nov. 19. Tell Bronco fans to be patient then for I am not one of them. Going outside to smoke legal weed and play discgolf under the clean air of Oregon. Shall root on my Super Bowl bound Cowboys on Sunday.

I still say its the Browns. Its like whack-a-mole with that team. Hall of Fame LT? Rest of team is garbage. Great defense? $255M man they never should have paid is...garbage.

Impatient much?

Impatient much?

What was it last year?
Bad.

Do you......do you think I live in Denver and root for the Broncos? Weird.

Okay, let's give new ownership and new head coach another few games and revisit. I think the Broncos will be 3-6 at best and possibly 2-7 by Nov. 19. Tell Bronco fans to be patient then for I am not one of them. Going outside to smoke legal weed and play discgolf under the clean air of Oregon. Shall root on my Super Bowl bound Cowboys on Sunday.
IDK man. My notebook burned up in the iFire 3.0 back in ought-nine.

I tend to look at this as a top down vote. Like ownership sucks so bad that nothing can operate right. On the field. Off the field. In the press. In the admin offices. Seems like HOU CHI and ARI are topping the list for me. I mean HOU has been a cluster for a long, long time. 3-4 years now since Watson made it into a mess. And the front office didn't get out of it right personnel wise or in the media. 5 coaches in 4 years. A myriad of QBs. They are averaging about 110 points differential per year. I have always been a Stroud fan, but man this team stinks

Impatient much?

You want to talk about living a dysfunctional nightmare?
the
Raiders fans: "Hold my beer."
Commanders fans: "You have beer???"
Sean Payton really might work out, I have no idea.

But what is the history of hiring coaches out of the broadcast booth?
Maybe I'm wrong , but it generally happens with franchises with no direction and no trust in the front office to go find the right coach. Finding the right coach is hard. Why not give up draft capital and $100M to the biggest name out there.

I genuinely understand I could be wrong , but throwing money at the biggest name in the booth doesn't seem to work out so well, does it?

And I'm not saying Payton doesn't care about winning, but if that was the main concern....a team locked into Russell Wilson for the next half decade and no draft picks seems like an odd fit. Make some wonder if he was just looking for a payday. And good for him.

Last edited:
I’m going to try to find some time to create the 2023 version of this thread and the polls - keep the suggestions coming for teams that need to be added and dropped off the polls.

What does everyone think with regards to the Commanders? Does the change over on the ownership qualify them from removal as a top 10 dysfunctional team?

Bears are bad, for sure, but they did just pull the Panthers pants down in that draft day trade.

Best thing Fields could have done for the franchise was play just well enough to cause them to trade out of the 2023 #1 pick for some 2024 draft capital.

Impatient much?

Bears are bad, for sure, but they did just pull the Panthers pants down in that draft day trade.

Best thing Fields could have done for the franchise was play just well enough to cause them to trade out of the 2023 #1 pick for some 2024 draft capital.
Should've traded Fields. They could have had Stroud and Carter right now.

Impatient much?

Should've traded Fields. They could have had Stroud and Carter right now.
QBs next year are much better.

Impatient much?

Impatient much?

What was it last year?
Bad.

So... about that...

I’m going to try to find some time to create the 2023 version of this thread and the polls - keep the suggestions coming for teams that need to be added and dropped off the polls.

What does everyone think with regards to the Commanders? Does the change over on the ownership qualify them from removal as a top 10 dysfunctional team?
I could go either way on the Commies. The new ownership will be a big help, but I think the on field results aren't going to end up good this year.

Panthers moving up the rankings quickly. 0-3 without either of their next two first rounders. 29-56 since David Tepper bought the team. Passed on an interim coach that went .500 and grew up in Charlotte.

Tepper also failed to build a new training facility that ended up costing $100mm in settlements.
And their new qb is 4 feet tall. Could set the franchise back 5 years when they give up on him in 2025.

I could go either way on the Commies. The new ownership will be a big help, but I think the on field results aren't going to end up good this year.

And yet just a post ago you mentioned how new ownership has been an abject failure in Carolina. It takes more than deep pockets and fresh ownership to succeed in the NFL.

Panthers moving up the rankings quickly. 0-3 without either of their next two first rounders. 29-56 since David Tepper bought the team. Passed on an interim coach that went .500 and grew up in Charlotte.

Tepper also failed to build a new training facility that ended up costing $100mm in settlements.
And their new qb is 4 feet tall. Could set the franchise back 5 years when they give up on him in 2025.
I'd advise Panther fans to not watch any Houston games this (or any) season. Stroud is getting better and better fast.

And yet just a post ago you mentioned how new ownership has been an abject failure in Carolina. It takes more than deep pockets and fresh ownership to succeed in the NFL.
Yes, just that Snyder was an outlier terrible owner.

I'd advise Panther fans to not watch any Houston games this (or any) season. Stroud is getting better and better fast.
What would you advise a Bronco fan who lives in Charlotte? :bag:

At least Wyoming looks good.

Maybe take up an instrument

At least Wyoming looks good.
Beating App State is pretty sweet.

Riley Leonard and Duke football 4-0!!!!

Indy games too.

Great breweries there.

Great breweries there.
indeed. I know most of them, some better than others.

Users who are viewing this thread