What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022: Which NFL franchise is currently the most dysfunctional? (1 Viewer)

Which NFL Team gets your vote as the #4 dysfunctional organization?

• Houston Texans

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 24 9.0%
  • Washington Commanders

Votes: 53 19.9%
  • Detroit Lions

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Chicago Bears

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • Other Team (please post which team)

Votes: 14 5.2%

• Total voters
Broncos just lost to the Jets.

At home.

Against a team who's offensive coordinator was skewered by their current head coach for being a terrible head coach when he was at Denver.

I don't believe in god. But if I did, I'd swear he has a sense of humor.

Dysfunction thy name is Denver!

:lmao:

I think it might be Denver. Coach that looks like one of the all time worst hires and what's looking like a monumental blunder of a trade for Wilson.

Yeah, how in the world is Denver not an option for this poll?

Never got an answer here but starting 0-2 with home losses to Washington and Las Vegas I'll ask again - How in the world was Denver not an option for this poll?
They've lost two games by a grand total of 3 points. It's a slow start in a new regime, but how is that "dysfunctional?"

first team to ever start 0-2 with a point differential of 3

(and no, so far no has started 0-2 with -2 differential)
They were also just purchased by the wealthiest owner now in the league and hired, presumably still one of the best coaches.

Impatient much?

I asked the question last year when this thread was started and Payton wasn't their coach. So......
So...things have gotten better since then?

Mega rich owner, great HC etc.
Broncos are impatient. They are flailing around in their decision making throwing stuff against the wall. The "positives" you mention are a symptom.
Mega rich owner wants to win now even though the roster is in shambles and they have no draft picks.

Sweet, what do they do? Trade a 1st and a 2nd for a freaking head coach? You've got to be kidding.
You think the Sean Payton deal was bad after two games?

New ownership gets one move, two games and immediately they're out of control and dysfunctional.
Save your energy, Chaka. Not everyone sees the long game like you.

The narrative about the Broncos won't change until it actually shows up in the W-L column, regardless of positive foundational precursor moves.

Last year the Detroit Lions were 1-6 and viewed as the same 'ole sad sack organization...until suddenly all their turnaround moves began to mature...and now here we are with them beating the Chiefs.

If the Broncos aren't highly competitive by the second half of the year, I'll eat my words, but until then it's just growing pains IMO.

You still think these are "growing pains"?

I think it might be Denver. Coach that looks like one of the all time worst hires and what's looking like a monumental blunder of a trade for Wilson.

Never got an answer here but starting 0-2 with home losses to Washington and Las Vegas I'll ask again - How in the world was Denver not an option for this poll?
They've lost two games by a grand total of 3 points. It's a slow start in a new regime, but how is that "dysfunctional?"

They were also just purchased by the wealthiest owner now in the league and hired, presumably still one of the best coaches.

Impatient much?

I asked the question last year when this thread was started and Payton wasn't their coach. So......

Broncos are impatient. They are flailing around in their decision making throwing stuff against the wall. The "positives" you mention are a symptom.
Mega rich owner wants to win now even though the roster is in shambles and they have no draft picks.

Sweet, what do they do? Trade a 1st and a 2nd for a freaking head coach? You've got to be kidding.

New ownership gets one move, two games and immediately they're out of control and dysfunctional.

The narrative about the Broncos won't change until it actually shows up in the W-L column, regardless of positive foundational precursor moves.

Last year the Detroit Lions were 1-6 and viewed as the same 'ole sad sack organization...until suddenly all their turnaround moves began to mature...and now here we are with them beating the Chiefs.

If the Broncos aren't highly competitive by the second half of the year, I'll eat my words, but until then it's just growing pains IMO.

They don't look particularly good that's for sure.

But I'm not a click-bait tok-tweeter who demands immediate certitude. I like to believe there is still room for nuance and patience in the world.

But if you want to get rid of Payton, Wilson and any/everyone else just pony up $7B and go nuts.

Until then grab a soda or adult beverage and enjoy having three hours to dedicate to couch time.

Impatient much?

They don't look particularly good that's for sure.

But I'm not a click-bait tok-tweeter who demands immediate certitude. I like to believe there is still room for nuance and patience in the world.

But if you want to get rid of Payton, Wilson and any/everyone else just pony up $7B and go nuts.

Until then grab a soda or adult beverage and enjoy having three hours to dedicate to couch time.

Or you can just say - "Yes GM. You are right. This is a dysfunctional team. And I'm sorry".

Please begin a new group chat as the one Android user is preventing me from leaving

TIA

I am begging you to stop quoting each ofher

I’m getting noticed bc 40 nested quotes ago I put up a factoid which has since been deleted. Yet I still get notified.

Please. Just this once.

Please begin a new group chat as the one Android user is preventing me from leaving

TIA

I’m getting noticed bc 40 nested quotes ago I put up a factoid which has since been deleted. Yet I still get notified.

Please. Just this once.

No idea what you're upset about here. I'm not supposed to post here?

Android user, right?

Edit: don’t let my discomfort dissuade you, I’ll manage.

TIA

Please. Just this once.

No idea what you're upset about here. I'm not supposed to post here?
I think the unseen nested responses are getting to him.

TIA

Please. Just this once.
Happens to me all the time. You're saying it's an android thing?

And, BTW, there have been 5 posts in this thread since 10/1. Is that really so intrusive?

Or you can just say - "Yes GM. You are right. This is a dysfunctional team. And I'm sorry".
GM, there are many things I am happy to say about you: Back when I used to spend time in the FFA you were one of my favorite posters and I would always find pleasure when one of my posts captured your notice I find you intelligent, insightful, engaging, funny and my impression is that you are generally a really good person.

But, as a Raiders fan to hear any Broncos fan strive to be included in the conversation for "most dysfunctional franchise" you can go kick a rock up a tree.

Said with sincere love brother.

Those are some growing pains in Denver.

:coffee:
Oh. Were you looking for me to respond to this?

- Four straight wins, including three straight over last year's playoff teams

- 5-2 in last seven games

- Top 5 scoring defense last 5 games

No. The Broncos are not a dysfunctional team. Yes. Your troll posts are sorry.

I have been impressed by the turnaround for sure.

Definitely takes a big man hiding behind an alias account to respond to me weeks after the fact. Kudos, though guy.

Definitely takes a big man hiding behind an alias account to respond to me weeks after the fact. Kudos, though guy.
They just turned a winning record at 6-5 in Week 12, when did you want him to chime in, after they lost 70-20?

Nice deflection attempt, troll. Try and make it personal about me. I only brought it up on Nov 20 because you didn't have the balls to bring up yourself*.

Okay, let's give new ownership and new head coach another few games and revisit. I think the Broncos will be 3-6 at best and possibly 2-7 by Nov. 19. Tell Bronco fans to be patient then for I am not one of them.

*Not quoted directly due to nested quotes. But those are your words. Should feed an army of trolls this holiday season.

Last edited:

Nice deflection attempt, troll. Try and make it personal about me. I only brought it up on Nov 20 because you didn't have the balls to bring up yourself*.

Okay, let's give new ownership and new head coach another few games and revisit. I think the Broncos will be 3-6 at best and possibly 2-7 by Nov. 19. Tell Bronco fans to be patient then for I am not one of them.

*Not quoted directly due to nested quotes. But those are your words. Should feed an army of trolls this holiday season.

An alias calling somebody out for being a troll. Rich.

Yeah, it's gotta be Carolina at the moment. One of the worst off-seasons in history, the year after they traded up in the draft to take Matt Corral (instead of Sam Howell).

The bigger issue is that I'm not sure how they are able to find the right GM and coach to dig out of this mess. Impatient, meddling owner that just forced a trade up for the wrong guy then threw the coach out 11 games in doesn't seem like a recipe for attracting the best and the brightest.

But I guess things can turn around quick. Houston was 3rd in the voting here a year ago. There's only 32 of these jobs, so you can still find the right coach/GM in spite of yourself, I guess.

2 division titles in 55 years…..you almost have to try not to win. and just look at those drafts and missed QBs. butt fumble, fail mary, fake spike, heidi, it goes on…..

2 division titles in 55 years…..you almost have to try not to win. and just look at those drafts and missed QBs. butt fumble, fail mary, fake spike, heidi, it goes on…..
Is that for real? 2 in 55 years? Wow ...
I remember when they had the tremendous defense and went to back-to-back AFC Championship Games, but that's the only real success I recall in the 20 years I've been watching.

Is that for real? 2 in 55 years? Wow ...
I remember when they had the tremendous defense and went to back-to-back AFC Championship Games, but that's the only real success I recall in the 20 years I've been watching.
7 home playoff games in total over 64 seasons. last one was 2002 season, 1/2003.

Users who are viewing this thread