What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: end of bench player on Knicks roster feeling self-conscious about not having crippling, season-ending injury (16 Viewers)

i think if nothing else they’ll win more games in the regular season with Bud which will give them an easier opponent in round 1. Still don’t think they can win it all or even come close really.

i think if nothing else they’ll win more games in the regular season with Bud which will give them an easier opponent in round 1. Still don’t think they can win it all or even come close really.
I don’t know, if they have the same health, will Bud really win more than 49 games? I think they’re better hope is that the clippers slide and maybe Dallas has a slightly worse regular season.

I don’t know, if they have the same health, will Bud really win more than 49 games? I think they’re better hope is that the clippers slide and maybe Dallas has a slightly worse regular season.
Which is a rough hope, given how much better Dallas has been post deadline than pre-deadline.

Which is a rough hope, given how much better Dallas has been post deadline than pre-deadline.
Yeah, although I don’t know if that will definitely translate for a full season. I do think that Gafford and Washington have helped their defense more than I expected because they have been able to switch a lot. They have also deployed Washington a ton on the wing since they got him, which I Didn’t necessarily expect. In any event, they defensive versatility is great in the playoffs but doesn’t always translate to huge regular season win totals.

Great step forward for Orlando this year. Their future is bright. Nice win for the Cavs as well. Look back through the series—through the first 4 games—Jarrett Allen was their best player—-and they beat a solid Orlando team without arguably their second/third best player. I think that if Allen is healthy—I think the Celtics win in 6 games—with 2-3 of those games being very well contested. If Allen misses some time—I’d predict Boston in 5.
I thought Cleveland would take a game even without Allen. Will be interesting to see the availability of Allen and Porzingis as this series progresses. Nice win for the Cavs- but probably just a bump in the road for the Celts.
On one hand, probably. But on the other hand, the means to that win may not be a fluke (if you squint). That squinting part is Mobley. I figured Mitchell was gonna light a fire under Mobley's *** between games, but that was unexpected. Can he do it again? All the pieces fall in place when he plays like that as Garland's not asked to do too much, Mitchell can pace himself, Okoro and Strus settle into role positions, and we only have a couple CARIS PASS THE ****ING BALL moments instead of constant. Curious what the Celts do to counter assuming Porzingis is still out. Cavs won't take both, but more of that from Mobley (maybe Allen will return and give him more quality rest?) and I like our chances of splitting 3 and 4.

Yeah, although I don’t know if that will definitely translate for a full season. I do think that Gafford and Washington have helped their defense more than I expected because they have been able to switch a lot. They have also deployed Washington a ton on the wing since they got him, which I Didn’t necessarily expect. In any event, they defensive versatility is great in the playoffs but doesn’t always translate to huge regular season win totals.
PJ's wingspan is a lot nicer to have on the wing than resorting to using him as 5 because you cannot build a roster.

I don’t think they’ll win more games. Two of their best players will have age related regression and their young star isn’t exactly an iron man.

I'm not sure I follow so want to make sure I understand what you said: Defensive versatility, which helps win more games against the best teams, doesn't translate well to winning games against all the other teams too? Like they wouldn't go 18-9 in the regular season after, theyd stay about the same as pre-trades but be better in the playoffs?

I'm not sure I follow so want to make sure I understand what you said: Defensive versatility, which helps win more games against the best teams, doesn't translate well to winning games against all the other teams too? Like they wouldn't go 18-9 in the regular season after, theyd stay about the same as pre-trades but be better in the playoffs?
The defensive versatility is really useful when designing specific game plans in a series but isn’t always as helpful during the regular season when you dont have time to tailor game plans. A clear base set that you always execute often translates more to regular season wins, like the jazz from 2018-2022 of hawks from 2015-2018. But versatility is more useful in the playoffs, like the heat from the past few years

Bud contract with Suns official. 5 years/50+. I guess Ishbia doesn’t care but they should hope that Vogel gets another job soon….
The Lakers need a coach who can win a championship with LeBron for a major media market

/s
I enjoyed Bill Simmons idea ...since the NBA (apparently) doesn't allow player-coaches anymore, make the Lakers head coach Maverick Carter. 😀

I never thought of DiVincenzo as anything more than a role player but man he's been impressive this playoffs. Making clutch shots, great passes, playing good d, etc. Great pick up for NYK.

The defensive versatility is really useful when designing specific game plans in a series but isn’t always as helpful during the regular season when you dont have time to tailor game plans. A clear base set that you always execute often translates more to regular season wins, like the jazz from 2018-2022 of hawks from 2015-2018. But versatility is more useful in the playoffs, like the heat from the past few years
Right. We may have to agree to disagree here. The average defensive ability at every position went up. I have a really hard time seeing how also adding versatility would be a negative lol. But just straight up improving on defense (like going from, say bottom ten to top 10), regardless of the reason, for 1/3 of the season, wouldn't translate? Like if a team made trades, then went 18-9 AND performed well in the playoffs, your assumption is that the defense is too versatile to overcome the raw skill improvements for a full season, and the 18-9 was a fluke?

The T Wolves don't look afraid and play so calm. When you look at Indiana or even the Knicks they are so scattered at times and look nervous especially at the end of games.

Sure looks like the T-Wolves have gotten the Nuggets undivided attention right now, things can change but Denver appears like they want to send a message, not just win a close one.
Playing like reigning World Champions tonight

Users who are viewing this thread