What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: end of bench player on Knicks roster feeling self-conscious about not having crippling, season-ending injury (28 Viewers)

"Ref you suck" chants for a team down 20....lol.
Both things can be true.

What did the refs do in this game that "sucked"?

Enlighten us, Scott Foster.
🤡

26 point game at the half. Probably the refs.
Why you trolling me *******?

I like Minnesota. They are playing great which is exactly what I was saying.

Oh, settle down, Beavis. You replied to me, not vice versa. Go enjoy your halftime.

Both things can be true.

🤡

Oh, settle down, Beavis. You replied to me, not vice versa. Go enjoy your halftime.

You are so cool, GM. Love how awesome a person you are and I'm sorry I've ever thought about crossing you.
I like both you dudes. Hug it out please

(rows out to an island)

this is the worst 3-man booth in sports

Crawford isn't ready, Reggie is just bad and Harlan screaming over a 12 foot jumper to make the game 2-0 with 11:48 on the clock grinds my molars

Both things can be true.

🤡

You are so cool, GM. Love how awesome a person you are and I'm sorry I've ever thought about crossing you.

Oh stop, I'm a giant doooosh candle, cross anytime!

Rudy = least valuable Wolf?

Rudy is valuable, but to try to clear up my horribly bizarre take from earlier(at least so I am told). You can't win with him as your second best player. Utah kind of proved that. I believe Minnesota will succeed where Utah failed because Ant is a tier better than the Utah version of Mitchell and because Utah didn't have a version of KAT to be the next best player.

(rows out to an island)

Crawford isn't ready, Reggie is just bad and Harlan screaming over a 12 foot jumper to make the game 2-0 with 11:48 on the clock grinds my molars
I switched to the Dodgers game in the second quarter mostly for that reason. Those dudes were driving me nuts. I wasn't even sure why, but it was awful.

(rows out to an island)

I switched to the Dodgers game in the second quarter mostly for that reason. Those dudes were driving me nuts. I wasn't even sure why, but it was awful.
Does Miller call gams all season? How do you people do this? I'm ready to start a gofundme to buy out his contract.

I never understood how Kyle Anderson gets playing time. Always looks like an uncoordinated doofus out there.
He's an excellent defender, interior scorer and passer, and can run the offense in a pinch. Just should never ever shoot outside of 12 feet.
Surprisingly not horrific from 3 for his career (though he has been this year), he just needs 5 seconds to be able to get his shot off.
He has a revolutionary musket outside jumper.

These 5280 jerseys are dumb. Number of feet in a mile. Great. Might as well just put the Denver zip code
Agree 100%. Someone else said it's going to be shameful when prime Jokic highlights feature lame Mile High City & 5280 gear.

(rows out to an island)

Does Miller call gams all season? How do you people do this? I'm ready to start a gofundme to buy out his contract.
The only way Reggie Miller could be worse tonight would be him calling the earlier Pacers / Knicks game.

(rows out to an island)

The only way Reggie Miller could be worse tonight would be him calling the earlier Pacers / Knicks game.
Wait'll Wednesday

(rows out to an island)

IMO he's actually the best of those three. The other two are mega clowns, not sure who they are.

KAT heard some of you guys dissing him.
KAT is one of the major reasons why the Wolves are a touch matchup. He can post up, he has great range for a big guy—and even though his defensive metrics might not look great on paper—he is a big body that can show flashes of defense against bigger opponents. If the blueprint of the team is to have a twin tower lineup that puts pressure on opponents—having a guy like KAT is a wonderful balance to a very offensively limited player like Rudy. The Timberwolves roster was almost created to be able to compete with a team like the Nuggets. When the Wolves are healthy, motivated are are playing solid—they are going to be a very difficult team to beat. They have size, they have length, they have youth, they have quickness, they have veteran leadership. They are one of a few teams that has depth at the big position, they have depth at the wing positions, and they have depth at the guard position. It will be interesting to see how game 3 looks. I personally think that Murray deserves a suspension for throwing that heat pack on the floor from the bench—but we’ll see.

So I’ve heard the following chants in Denver tonight:

“Let’s go Wolves!”
“MVP!” - for Ant
“Wolves in four!” As time expires

I hate to say this, but I do not know any adjustments Denver can make to counter what Minnesota is doing.

Murray is ice cold. Joker is really acting disinterested in this series. His turnover numbers are terrible I get that it is hard to repeat, but you at least have to have the fire.

I really do not know if Denver is going to bring the series back to Denver. ☹️

I was at the game so I wasn't keeping up with this thread, and not about to at this point, but holy **** was that an embarrassing effort. The Wolves came out overly physical with Gobert out and dared the refs to call fouls. When they didn't, the whole team melted down. This has happened to the Nuggets on occasion - the Nuggets match physical play and no whistles with cheap shots and bitching rather than matching how the game is being refereed.

Beyond that, the Nuggets have gotten absolutely zero from their guards this post season. It's pretty clear that Murray and KCP are both slowed by injuries, and Reggie Jackson is trash. One thing I would have considered early in the second Q was playing Watson and Braun ahead of KCP, Murray, and the rest of the bench and try to turn some defensive plays/stops into offense.

The thing that has been so weird this whole playoffs for the Nuggets is Jokic has seemed incredibly passive and uninterested. He's still going to put up stats because he's amazing, but his effort level has been so low. All 7 games of the playoffs, Jokic has come out looking to set up others rather than putting any pressure on the defense himself. I assumed with Gobert out, Jokic was going to come out and bully KAT but he didn't seem even a bit interested in doing that.

KAT = God

I was at the game so I wasn't keeping up with this thread, and not about to at this point, but holy **** was that an embarrassing effort. The Wolves came out overly physical with Gobert out and dared the refs to call fouls. When they didn't, the whole team melted down. This has happened to the Nuggets on occasion - the Nuggets match physical play and no whistles with cheap shots and bitching rather than matching how the game is being refereed.

Beyond that, the Nuggets have gotten absolutely zero from their guards this post season. It's pretty clear that Murray and KCP are both slowed by injuries, and Reggie Jackson is trash. One thing I would have considered early in the second Q was playing Watson and Braun ahead of KCP, Murray, and the rest of the bench and try to turn some defensive plays/stops into offense.

The thing that has been so weird this whole playoffs for the Nuggets is Jokic has seemed incredibly passive and uninterested. He's still going to put up stats because he's amazing, but his effort level has been so low. All 7 games of the playoffs, Jokic has come out looking to set up others rather than putting any pressure on the defense himself. I assumed with Gobert out, Jokic was going to come out and bully KAT but he didn't seem even a bit interested in doing that.

KAT = God

Ant = God, so that would make KAT Jesus.

Reactions: Zow

KAT = God
Exactly this. Jokic should have been bullying KAT (and Reid and Anderson and…) in the post all game. And he never did. Denver really needed to put some foul pressure on KAT because the Wolves would’ve had some issues without him as an option and/or playing passively, but I think KAT ended up with only 1 foul in the first half.

And yeah, Denver absolutely wilted to the Wolves’ physicality, which was amazing to watch. This Wolves team is an absolute joy to watch right now.

Damn game 3 isn’t till Friday night??
Yeah, odd. Celtics/Cavs and Mavs/Thunder both play tonight and Thursday. I guess they need to catch up but seems strange to not bump Wolves/Nuggets up a day and one of those others back a day.

My brother is a massive Knicks fan so I'm rooting for them.....but man last night was just weird from an officiating standpoint. The Brunson foul being overturned....the phantom kick.....the missed moving screen on Divncenzo and then him getting the benefit of that same call at the end by flopping....just odd.

Any ONE of those calls could MAYBE be seen as a flukey mistake...but all of them together just smells bad. It really does.

Users who are viewing this thread