What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Kawhi introduces playoff load management (6 Viewers)

Siakim has made himself a lot of money this year and could really be a nice get for a contender this offseason.
I don’t think anybody can beat the max the Pacers allegedly promised him.
He's also basically been the same player for 3 straight years. This year didn't earn him anymore money than he was already gotta get

I disagree. Changing teams mid seaspn and still being his consistent self is extremely impressive.

This game is fun!

Is it just me or does OKC have an unusual amount of artificial stadium noise pumped into it vs other teams? Seems over the top but I'm on meds.

This game is fun!

Is it just me or does OKC have an unusual amount of artificial stadium noise pumped into it vs other teams? Seems over the top but I'm on meds.

Agreed. I didn't give Nola a chance without Zion but great seeing them hang tough in OKC.

As for the stadium noise, Thunder fans are good bots and do as they're told wearing cute, complimentary shirts and making as much noise as possible. I know because I went to a game there and refused to wear one of those cheap *** t shirts. I got a lot of crap from the crowd to comply.

This game is fun!

It seems like they still play the piped in noise during possessions. I know the Wolves only do it between possessions or at most when they're in the backcourt. I thought all teams did it that way.

This game is fun!

Agreed. I didn't give Nola a chance without Zion but great seeing them hang tough in OKC.

As for the stadium noise, Thunder fans are good bots and do as they're told wearing cute, complimentary shirts and making as much noise as possible. I know because I went to a game there and refused to wear one of those cheap *** t shirts. I got a lot of crap from the crowd to comply.
Who! Who does not want to wear the ribbon shirt

:wall: Really felt like we let that one slip away from us. ABout 3 brutally questionable foul calls against us in the third and fourth that I felt like swung the momentum at the time. But also, we had a couple of chances and blew those. Gotta be better in the clutch. Not unhappy with how we played. Just really need to get the next one Wednesday.

Watching the OKC-NO game this morning (old man bedtime last night)

Nice to see a close, competitive game

Finally
Sportcenter last night showed a crazy stat.

There were 20 lead changes in the OKC/NO game last night.

There were 19 lead changes COMBINED in the other 7 first round games.
I was impressed with New Orleans resiliency. They would get down 7 or 8 and then go on a quick run to tie it or take the lead. Seemed like that happened about 10 times in the 2nd half. Not sure if it's a credit to NOP or an indictment of OKC. Probably a little of both.

Herb Jones is a huge PITA for Shai, good grief. Thunder looked like a team with not a lot of playoff experience but a win is a win. I’m expecting a more “normal” performance on Wednesday. JV is going to kill them on the boards, it is what it is, the Thunder need to shoot better from 3 and turn it over less or this will be a coin flip.

Never too early for some draft talk. NBA broke some ties in the draft order today. (They don’t just use reverse of the playoff tie breakers for draft order).

Tiebreak #1:
#3 Charlotte
#4 Portland

Tiebreak #2:
#13 Sacramento
#14 Golden State (goes to Portland if not 1-4)

Tiebreak #3
#21 Milwaukee (to be swapped to #23 NO)
#22 Phoenix
#23 New Orleans (to be swapped to #21 Mil)

Tiebreak #4
#28 Denver
#29 OKC (to go to Utah)

Sorry @General Malaise on losing both tie breaks.

Missed one.

#16 Philadelphia
#17 Lakers (if NO doesn’t want it)
#18 Orlando
#19 Indiana (goes to Toronto)

Lots of tiebreakers this year.

Never too early for some draft talk. NBA broke some ties in the draft order today. (They don’t just use reverse of the playoff tie breakers for draft order).

Tiebreak #1:
#3 Charlotte
#4 Portland

Tiebreak #2:
#13 Sacramento
#14 Golden State (goes to Portland if not 1-4)

Tiebreak #3
#21 Milwaukee (to be swapped to #23 NO)
#22 Phoenix
#23 New Orleans (to be swapped to #21 Mil)

Tiebreak #4
#28 Denver
#29 OKC (to go to Utah)

Sorry @General Malaise on losing both tie breaks.

Eh, I prefer all my beatings in life to come at once. This tracks.

KAT #27. Hard for me to like an all offense no defense center that lead his team to 16th in offensive rating. Salary excluded, is there anybody that would take him above guys like OG Anunoby, Mikal Bridges, Jrue Holiday, or Desmond Bane? Maybe if you needed some offense as the Hornets or Pistons or something.
I would take KAT over all those guys you listed.
Overpaid offensive big that has an injury history and plays with questionable defense? I'd argue any of those other players listed would immediately improve the Timberwolves straight up vs having KAT.

Looks like Illinois UConn. Even if you account for the ridiculous Harden foul baiting (somehow the only playoff game that crap has been called) it's still a 20 point game lol.

Beat off the dribble. Turning it over. Beat on the glass. Beat on intensity. Beat on running actual offensive motion.

Let's see the second half I guess but this is embarrassing.
Bad news: Jason Kidd is still the Mavericks head coach.
Good news: James Harden only gets worse as a playoff series progresses.

Herb Jones is a huge PITA for Shai, good grief. Thunder looked like a team with not a lot of playoff experience but a win is a win. I’m expecting a more “normal” performance on Wednesday. JV is going to kill them on the boards, it is what it is, the Thunder need to shoot better from 3 and turn it over less or this will be a coin flip.
Herb Jones may be the single best defensive player in the NBA. I get why basketball nerds love them some defensive bigs, but players like Jones are seriously underrated IMO.

Missed one.

#16 Philadelphia
#17 Lakers (if NO doesn’t want it)
#18 Orlando
#19 Indiana (goes to Toronto)

Lots of tiebreakers this year.
Argh, missed another one (since it didn’t really matter)

#24 Dallas (goes to Knicks)
#25 Knicks

I should apologize to Brunson. I thought he would leave Dallas and be an overpaid role player.

He is probably the best contract in the entire NBA.

Embiid wants to be Boban with these free throws.
I don't think I've ever seen Joel miss 2

I think he has missed four in a row.
Doesn't matter. He's going to shoot 7,000 before the game is over. All he has to do is fall down flailing and yell "Hey!!" and the whistle blows. They gave a zero contact foul to Hartenstein earlier because Embiid fell down in front of him. It's so freaking ridiculous.

Embiid wants to be Boban with these free throws.
I don't think I've ever seen Joel miss 2

I think he has missed four in a row.
Doesn't matter. He's going to shoot 7,000 before the game is over. All he has to do is fall down flailing and yell "Hey!!" and the whistle blows. They gave a zero contact foul to Hartenstein earlier because Embiid fell down in front of him. It's so freaking ridiculous.

The flop Embiid chants are nice.

It is pretty interesting the joy people get in here bashing Embiid and Philadelphia. I get when he was in his early 20's he was a bit immature, but it is kind of sad you completely miss one of the most gifted centers in the league for a good decade to just hate-watch.

I mean do you really think Embiid is getting gift calls in the playoffs in a home game for the Knicks?

On a game note, I wonder if Nurse is going to try Embiid for the whole 4th Q. The defensive effort with both of these teams makes me think it will be tiring for whoever gets out of this match-up

It is pretty interesting the joy people get in here bashing Embiid and Philadelphia. I get when he was in his early 20's he was a bit immature, but it is kind of sad you completely miss one of the most gifted centers in the league for a good decade to just hate-watch.

I mean do you really think Embiid is getting gift calls in the playoffs in a home game for the Knicks?

On a game note, I wonder if Nurse is going to try Embiid for the whole 4th Q. The defensive effort with both of these teams makes me think it will be tiring for whoever gets out of this match-up
LOLOLOLOL

Even Van Gundy said the Hartenstein call was absolutely not a foul. Embiid has shot 11 FT's already.

Do we need to hunt down all of your Tatum/Celtics bashing posts in here?

LOLOLOLOL

Even Van Gundy said the Hartenstein call was absolutely not a foul. Embiid has shot 11 FT's already.

He did get screwed on the technical though.

I like Joel and the Sixers. He's pretty darned close to the point where it would be in his best interests to go somewhere else to team with better players for a chance to win a championship AND for the Sixers to move him so they can get the best value for him.

His health is just not reliable enough for one to be confident that he can be the 1A to bring a championship home.

Users who are viewing this thread