What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-24 NBA (Playoffs!) Thread: Message board poster furiously types out one more horrible post before thread closes (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Brown...a lot of people thought he was not a good pick at #3...than many thought he was overpaid...now he is the finals MVP...could not be more impressed with Tatum...many want him to be something he is not but he has really matured and withstood a lot of the barbs and remained level-headed and not tried to become something he is not...this will not be the last ring for these two.

Good for Brown...a lot of people thought he was not a good pick at #3...than many thought he was overpaid...now he is the finals MVP...could not be more impressed with Tatum...many want him to be something he is not but he has really matured and withstood a lot of the barbs and remained level-headed and not tried to become something he is not...this will not be the last ring for these two.
I’m glad you figured out that you could use one period to close a sentence by the end of that paragraph. ;)

I’m glad you figured out that you could use one period to close a sentence by the end of that paragraph. ;)

Thanks...

Mazzulla is getting a lot of love from everyone in the organization in the post-game interviews...players love him...he is also 3 years younger than Horford.

thank you celtics for hurting the la lakers over important entitlement tonight and taking the lead on titles take that to the bank brohans
This is one of the dumbest items in sports. The titles won in Minneapolis shouldn't count for Los Angeles. It makes very little sense.

Just like there are no fans in Oklahoma City looking to commemorate the Sonics championship from 1979.

Congrats to Boston on a legit 18th championship.

Mazzulla is getting a lot of love from everyone in the organization in the post-game interviews...players love him...he is also 3 years younger than Horford.
Non Boston fans might not know one, proably only one, but this is craszy to me. These 5 guys were all in the same draft class

Kyrie Irving, Isiah Thomas, Kemba Walker, Joe Mazzulla, Brad Wannamaker

thank you celtics for hurting the la lakers over important entitlement tonight and taking the lead on titles take that to the bank brohans
This is one of the dumbest items in sports. The titles won in Minneapolis shouldn't count for Los Angeles. It makes very little sense.

Just like there are no fans in Oklahoma City looking to commemorate the Sonics championship from 1979.

Word

It’s still 12-7 Lakers in my lifetime, and that’s all that matters to me since I’m so self-centered.

It’s still 12-7 Lakers in my lifetime, and that’s all that matters to me since I’m so self-centered.
😆 Plus Mookie Betts. :winning:

😆 Plus Mookie Betts. :winning:
Hoping this is about Dodgers stealing him from Boston and not about him getting hurt yesterday.

Also, In-Season Tournament championships:

Lakers 1, Celtics 0

Celtics back to the most titles in NBA history: as God intended.
That's the best part about this, seeing Lakers fans lose their minds about this on social media. A lot of goal post moving, as if only championships this century count or ones pre-Magic and Bird don't count. Given how awful their franchise is run these days, I guess Lakers fans have to cling to something.

That's the best part about this, seeing Lakers fans lose their minds about this on social media. A lot of goal post moving, as if only championships this century count or ones pre-Magic and Bird don't count. Given how awful their franchise is run these days, I guess Lakers fans have to cling to something.
I mean counting titles from the 50s and even 60s is pretty stupid. It was a league with a few teams and for a while almost no racial diversity. It’s the same as college football teams plastering 1954 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS across their stadium while black players weren’t allowed to play. That said, it really doesn’t matter.

I mean counting titles from the 50s and even 60s is pretty stupid. It was a league with a few teams and for a while almost no racial diversity. It’s the same as college football teams plastering 1954 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS across their stadium while black players weren’t allowed to play. That said, it really doesn’t matter.
This sounds like someone who doesn't root for the winningest franchise in NBA history. :coffee:

This sounds like someone who doesn't root for the winningest franchise in NBA history. :coffee:
Definitely had the best team this year but 2 titles in 38 years doesn’t signify greatest franchise to me. You’d rather have all the titles from the 50s than what Laker fans had with the Kobe era? Doesn’t make sense to me. Who cares what your paw paw got to celebrate.

Didn't you start rooting for the Celtics in 09?

Definitely had the best team this year but 2 titles in 38 years doesn’t signify greatest franchise to me. You’d rather have all the titles from the 50s than what Laker fans had with the Kobe era? Doesn’t make sense to me. Who cares what your paw paw got to celebrate.

It was mainly the 60's and yes...it connects generations in a part of the country where a lot of people have deep roots.

Last edited:
Updated Basketball Reference HOF probabilities:
Tatum - 0.1770
Horford - 0.1223
Holiday - 0.0075
Brown - 0.0032
White - 0.0006
Porzingis - 0.0004

Didn't you start rooting for the Celtics in 09?
More like 2013-14.

Why do you say 2 titles in 38 years rather than 5 in 44?

If I read the graphic on ESPN properly, Tatum became the first player on a Finals winning team to lead his team in points, rebounds, and assists to NOT be selected Finals MVP. He also led the team in the same categories in the ECF's and didn't win MVP in that series either. Not saying he should or should not have been MVP in either one, only that it's rare when someone else gets the hardware. IMO, Brown had more impactful plays and clutch moments, so I can see why he got the hardware (Tatum missed a lot of shots, especially late in games).

Talk shows need to do a better job of matching up the highlight reels with the topics they are discussing. On both ESPN and Fox, they were talking about JB playing lock down defense on Luka, but the clips they were showing all showed other Celtics defending Doncic and forcing turnovers or missed shots (none with Brown defending him). (Not saying he didn't play tough defense . . . they just didn't show any plays with him involved defensively).

Gophers National Champs in Football in 1904, 1911, 1915, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, and 1960 and tied with your precious Seminoles for total titles won. No wonder you'd say something like this.

I'd have to then ask what's your window of relevance?

Those Kobe/Shaq chips are over 20 years old at this point. How much longer do people get to care?

If I read the graphic on ESPN properly, Tatum became the first player on a Finals winning team to lead his team in points, rebounds, and assists to NOT be selected Finals MVP. He also led the team in the same categories in the ECF's and didn't win MVP in that series either. Not saying he should or should not have been MVP in either one, only that it's rare when someone else gets the hardware. IMO, Brown had more impactful plays and clutch moments, so I can see why he got the hardware (Tatum missed a lot of shots, especially late in games).

Talk shows need to do a better job of matching up the highlight reels with the topics they are discussing. On both ESPN and Fox, they were talking about JB playing lock down defense on Luka, but the clips they were showing all showed other Celtics defending Doncic and forcing turnovers or missed shots (none with Brown defending him). (Not saying he didn't play tough defense . . . they just didn't show any plays with him involved defensively).
he didn't win it because he just doesn't seem to want to help the team win

empty numbers. bad body language. selfish player.

:mellow:

Why do you say 2 titles in 38 years rather than 5 in 44?
Because it’s funnier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread