What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (4 Viewers)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
The Autumn Wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.

His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn Wind is a raider,
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won.

Last edited:
I would love an ultra-aggressive move at QB. Love, Stroud, whatever. Just go hard and of course get it right. We had a shot at Fields two years ago and how stoked would be be even if we had the exact same record this year but saw from Fields what CHI saw? Adams, Waller, Renfro, and Jacobs to line up with him?

This team needs a huge mid-grade talent infusion. We don't have to go all spendy Christian Kirk style at all positions, just get a dozen solid veterans that when they are called on to play they don't kill us. Masterson, Butler, Hall, these guys have no business being on the field. I love them, their guts, their heart, but come on the talent just can't be that level. Gotta bulk up. If we had 5 more Perryman/Harmon types we'd be looking at an entirely different January schedule.

Well we got all the help we could ask for. ATL and CAR both win, we're currently sitting at #7. I don't think we can get to 6 even if LAR win based on SOS but I could be wrong there. Go Rams just in case!

Well we got all the help we could ask for. ATL and CAR both win, we're currently sitting at #7. I don't think we can get to 6 even if LAR win based on SOS but I could be wrong there. Go Rams just in case!
At least we have something positive today! The attempted run with what we had in 2022 failed but let’s hope 2023 is the year that LV builds a team methodically over two or three years. I don’t see any other way since the cupboard is bare.

At least we have something positive today! The attempted run with what we had in 2022 failed but let’s hope 2023 is the year that LV builds a team methodically over two or three years. I don’t see any other way since the cupboard is bare.
I disagree. Adams, Waller and Renfro combo has to be top 10 in the league when healthy. I think they resign or franchise Jacobs. He is arguably top 12 at his position. The oline needs work but showed improvement. If, and this is a big if, they can hit on 1 oline pick the group will show improvement.

The defense has an anchor on defense with Crosby. Where they currently sit they have a great opportunity to build the dline. A strong dline will mask a lot of backend issues. I am just hoping they use the 9er blueprint and build the defense up. The only way they are going to be competitive in this division is to be capable of putting constant pressure on Mahomes and Herbert.

HOME

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Pittsburgh Steelers

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

New York Giants

AWAY

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Buffalo Bills

Indianapolis Colts

Miami Dolphins

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

17-0.

HOME

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Pittsburgh Steelers

Green Bay Packers

Minnesota Vikings

New York Giants

AWAY

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

Los Angeles Chargers

Buffalo Bills

Indianapolis Colts

Miami Dolphins

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

17-0.
Maybe split at home and maybe 3 wins on the road. feels like 7-8 wins max.

Report Seems to Indicate that the Raiders Have Settled on Tom Brady as their QB Target for Next Year

By just about every account, the driving force behind the Raiders interest in Brady is team owner Mark Davis. He has wanted Brady since 2020 and it sounds like next year it could realistically happen.

Posted this in 2022 thread, probably belongs here.

I don't have a feel for the top of the board yet. Any chance that big body from the Georgia d-line is available at 1.7 or would the Raiders have to trade up to get him?

Posted this in 2022 thread, probably belongs here.

I don't have a feel for the top of the board yet. Any chance that big body from the Georgia d-line is available at 1.7 or would the Raiders have to trade up to get him?
Don't think there is any chance Carter is there is at 7. Even if 3 QBs go in the top 5 the other two players will be him and Will Anderson.

If they go oline is 1.07 too early for a guard or a RT?
The top two OTs are Peter Skoronski from Northwestern and Paris Johnson from Ohio State. Right now I'd say the most likely guys the Raiders could take at 7 are Skoronski or DT Brian Bresee from Clemson.

Report Seems to Indicate that the Raiders Have Settled on Tom Brady as their QB Target for Next Year

By just about every account, the driving force behind the Raiders interest in Brady is team owner Mark Davis. He has wanted Brady since 2020 and it sounds like next year it could realistically happen.​

NICE!

Should have a big bounce back year, get the team to 10-7 or so, make the wild card, then lose to the Chiefs in the post-season, come back for a final season at 50 years old, the NFL makes some realllllly nice promo videos saying goodbye, and the team fades back to 7 or 8 wins, still too high to actually get a franchise QB, and by the 2026 draft, Raiders should be ready to go after a young QB.

The top two OTs are Peter Skoronski from Northwestern and Paris Johnson from Ohio State. Right now I'd say the most likely guys the Raiders could take at 7 are Skoronski or DT Brian Bresee from Clemson.
Others in this hype range are Myles Murphy DE Clemson and Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame. If we don't solve QB here either with pick or trade I would prefer Johnson. He handles RT right away and can play swing as needed. I would also cheer a trade down and add assets, we need depth of bodies badly.

Others in this hype range are Myles Murphy DE Clemson and Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame. If we don't solve QB here either with pick or trade I would prefer Johnson. He handles RT right away and can play swing as needed. I would also cheer a trade down and add assets, we need depth of bodies badly.
I would love Murphy at 7. Johnson would be ok. We have to solve RT this offseason. There was a lot of hype last year with multiple QBs projected in first round and that didn't materialize. It will be interesting to see what the NFL really thinks of the non-Young/Stroud prospects.

By just about every account, the driving force behind the Raiders interest in Brady is team owner Mark Davis. He has wanted Brady since 2020 and it sounds like next year it could realistically happen.​

NICE!

Should have a big bounce back year, get the team to 10-7 or so, make the wild card, then lose to the Chiefs in the post-season, come back for a final season at 50 years old, the NFL makes some realllllly nice promo videos saying goodbye, and the team fades back to 7 or 8 wins, still too high to actually get a franchise QB, and by the 2026 draft, Raiders should be ready to go after a young QB.
How close to the edge of the cliff is he at 46 when the season starts?

Yes.

You draft guards in the top 10, you wind up with good draft grades and a crap team. See: Colts.
Not sure I agree. The Colts had Andrew Luck when they drafted Nelson, if they didn't maybe they take Josh Allen, who had a ton of question marks coming into the NFL, instead but I doubt the Colts regret having an all decade talent on their offensive line.

Yes.

You draft guards in the top 10, you wind up with good draft grades and a crap team. See: Colts.
Not sure I agree. The Colts had Andrew Luck when they drafted Nelson, if they didn't maybe they take Josh Allen, who had a ton of question marks coming into the NFL, instead but I doubt the Colts regret having an all decade talent on their offensive line.
Nelson had a bad year to go with the rest of the OL. They’re a decent run blocking unit, but horrible at pass blocking. Losing Castonzo to retirement had a huge impact.

Yes.

Nelson had a bad year to go with the rest of the OL. They’re a decent run blocking unit, but horrible at pass blocking. Losing Castonzo to retirement had a huge impact.
Yes he had a down year. He's also a 3x 1st team All-Pro and 1x 2nd team All-Pro in his first five seasons. I doubt they have any regrets.

It's probably not a pick to make if Luck wasn't on the team with Josh Allen on the board of course, but Allen had a ton of question marks and there is no guarantee he would have flourished anywhere but under Brian Daboll. Plus Josh Rosen went top 10 that year as well. Nelson was as much of a mortal lock on the board as any player insider the top 11 (I have to extend to 11 because somehow Rosen went 10th and that just ain't right).

I would rather they not draft a QB at 7 but, hey, Herbert went 6, Allen 7, Mahomes 10, Deshaun 12... so maybe Levis is one of those guys???

If they're not keeping Carr I kinda agree with @DocHolliday, tear it down and go all in on Caleb Williams in 2024.

If we take a Hall of Fame guard at 7, and let a franchise QB or edge rusher go by, we have made a terrible mistake.

If we take a Hall of Fame guard at 7, and let a franchise QB or edge rusher go by, we have made a terrible mistake.
And if they draft the next Josh Rosen over the next Quenton Nelson?

drafting Josh Rosen instead of Quenton Nelson is bad, but drafting Sony Michel instead of Lamar Jackson is much, much worse. I am 100% behind the concept of passing on a QB at 7, but QB needs to be the first priority. It's not like deciding between a LB and a S. If you have an OT ranked 4th overall, and a QB ranked 9th overall, I want the QB.

drafting Josh Rosen instead of Quenton Nelson is bad, but drafting Sony Michel instead of Lamar Jackson is much, much worse. I am 100% behind the concept of passing on a QB at 7, but QB needs to be the first priority. It's not like deciding between a LB and a S. If you have an OT ranked 4th overall, and a QB ranked 9th overall, I want the QB.
I completely get the sentiment, and I mostly agree. Although I also believe in building a team from the lines out.

As I understand it, if they stick at #7 that means Levis.

I don't follow college ball too closely. Does anyone think this kid can be Herbert or Allen? Or is it more like Jay Cutler?

Last edited:
I completely get the sentiment, and I mostly agree. Although I also believe in building a team from the lines out.

As I understand it, if they stick at #7 that means Levi's.

I don't follow college ball too closely. Does anyone think this kid can be Herbert or Allen? Or is it more like Jay Cutler?
There seems to be concern that Levis makes poor decisions. That is a major issue for QBs.

As I understand it, if they stick at #7 that means Levi's.

There seems to be concern that Levis makes poor decisions. That is a major issue for QBs.
If Levis does in fact make poor decisions then he`ll fit perfectly with the Raiders

Levis has a great arm.....so did Kyle Boller. The Josh Allen comparisons do not ring true from what I have seen, he is nowhere near the running threat Allen is. And yes, he does make poor decisions and turns the ball over. I'm a no on Levis.

On paper Levis doesn't seem bad. Good completion % & Y/A. Not thrilled about a 1.6:1 TD:INT ratio but maybe that's fixable. What I really don't like is he's only a two year starter at Kentucky.

Anyone have the story on why he couldn't beat out Sean Clifford at Penn State? Is Clifford even going to get drafted?

As I understand it, if they stick at #7 that means Levis.

I'm fine with rolling the dice regardless. There's no predicable way to determine if someone is Allen or Cutler without putting them on the field with a ball in their hands. Do it. If we miss we'll get another chance, that's for sure, because we're going to be in the top 10 for a while without great QB play.

Nah. Now's the time for blanket statements made confidently with zero accountability.
Well in that case - trade 1.07 to Chi for Fields and BAL's 2nd. We get a QB, we keep a reasonably early pick to add to OL/WR/DEF, and we get a Buckeye so I can die a happy fan.

People seem to forget how he mentally imploded against Kentucky.
Yes because once a QB mentally implodes once his NFL prospects go negative.
It isn't the final verdict, but it does offer some insight into the person. Sure, take a swing at him late in start 1qb drafts, but it's a big risk early in superflex IMO. The guy is even more raw than Malik Willis was last year. Are you willing to throw an early pick at him to take that chance? I believe he has a very high probability of being a bust.

Users who are viewing this thread