What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Las Vegas Raiders - RIP Jack - one of the greatest Super Bowl moments ever (1 Viewer)

People seem to forget how he mentally imploded against Kentucky.
Yes because once a QB mentally implodes once his NFL prospects go negative.
It isn't the final verdict, but it does offer some insight into the person. Sure, take a swing at him late in start 1qb drafts, but it's a big risk early in superflex IMO. The guy is even more raw than Malik Willis was last year. Are you willing to throw an early pick at him to take that chance? I believe he has a very high probability of being a bust.
This is the Raider thread bro, where are you getting fantasy talk from?

It isn't the final verdict, but it does offer some insight into the person. Sure, take a swing at him late in start 1qb drafts, but it's a big risk early in superflex IMO. The guy is even more raw than Malik Willis was last year. Are you willing to throw an early pick at him to take that chance? I believe he has a very high probability of being a bust.
I thought this was a fantasy football forum with a Raiders thread to talk fantasy football?

I completely get the sentiment, and I mostly agree. Although I also believe in building a team from the lines out.

As I understand it, if they stick at #7 that means Levis.

I don't follow college ball too closely. Does anyone think this kid can be Herbert or Allen? Or is it more like Jay Cutler?
I'm fine with rolling the dice regardless. There's no predicable way to determine if someone is Allen or Cutler without putting them on the field with a ball in their hands. Do it. If we miss we'll get another chance, that's for sure, because we're going to be in the top 10 for a while without great QB play.
I'd rather they miss with a Rosen than a Cutler, though.

At least with a Rosen miss you know to cut bait a whole lot sooner.

I thought this was a fantasy football forum with a Raiders thread to talk fantasy football?
Nope. Magic football forum. Raider thread where we cry and play GM/coach.

And in terms of NFL draft I already stated that yes, I'd be willing for the Raiders to spend a "high" pick on him. Probably not 1.07 but if we can trade down and pick up some equity and still take the shot at him I'd love it.

2nd round?
If he lasts that long I would be estatic to take roll the dice on him. It's the NFL though, and QB are too premium I think for someone of his profile and upside to last that long. I think pre-draft can only move him up. We've seen the bad, everyone knows the downside risk, but man that profile/upside is too tempting to pass in the late 20's for NFL teams.

Report Seems to Indicate that the Raiders Have Settled on Tom Brady as their QB Target for Next Year

By just about every account, the driving force behind the Raiders interest in Brady is team owner Mark Davis. He has wanted Brady since 2020 and it sounds like next year it could realistically happen.​

I think that is their target for sure. Does he want it? We shall see. Ready to win now teams that need a QB are somewhat slim and then you have the McD connection. He can go back to the system he has been comfortable with and won with for the last century.

Report Seems to Indicate that the Raiders Have Settled on Tom Brady as their QB Target for Next Year

By just about every account, the driving force behind the Raiders interest in Brady is team owner Mark Davis. He has wanted Brady since 2020 and it sounds like next year it could realistically happen.​

I think that is their target for sure. Does he want it? We shall see. Ready to win now teams that need a QB are somewhat slim and then you have the McD connection. He can go back to the system he has been comfortable with and won with for the last century.
Are you suggesting the Raiders are ready to win now?

Don’t they suck defensively? I don’t see Tom Brady helping that

@Chaka That is meant to day that there does not seem like a lot of landing places that would be automatically more appealing to Brady. The teams we talked about for Carr are those possible but they mostly have young teams (Jets fiexample

Why cant they shore up the defense with FA and the draft?
They have some really good defensive players to build around

Why cant they shore up the defense with FA and the draft?
They have some really good defensive players to build around
They can, but I’m not sure Brady is game.

Pretty sad when the only enjoyment during the playoffs is watching a team like the Chargers blowing a 27 point lead and losing .

It`s going to feel amazing when the Raiders finally build something special and go to ,then win, the Super bowl

Pretty sad when the only enjoyment during the playoffs is watching a team like the Chargers blowing a 27 point lead and losing .

It`s going to feel amazing when the Raiders finally build something special and go to ,then win, the Super bowl

to make us feel worse is when teams like the 9ers and Dolphins roll out 3rd string QBs and play great in the playoffs. We suck.

ETA: ok, Skylar Thompson didnt play great, per se, but still, our team with all those offensive weapons and our 9 year vet solid QB are playing golf this weekend. So frustrating.

Hopefully we are still alive to see that day

to make us feel worse is when teams like the 9ers and Dolphins roll out 3rd string QBs and play great in the playoffs. We suck.

ETA: ok, Skylar Thompson didnt play great, per se, but still, our team with all those offensive weapons and our 9 year vet solid QB are playing golf this weekend. So frustrating.
it does suck to see various former raider oline men starting on playoff teams. and man, a mobile qb is fun to watch.

So be truthful
How many of you (myself included) , will be watching Tom Brady a little bit closer than normal tonight to see whats left in the tank because he could seriously be the Raiders QB next season?

So be truthful
How many of you (myself included) , will be watching Tom Brady a little bit closer than normal tonight to see whats left in the tank because he could seriously be the Raiders QB next season?
Not me. I don’t think he’s coming. And if he does, there’s plenty of tape on Brady.

So be truthful
Not me. I don’t think he’s coming. And if he does, there’s plenty of tape on Brady.
Not me. I still hope he’s not coming. I’m hoping the Raiders build a young team over 2-3 years that can be competitive for years and quit trying to put old bandaids on big holes. The Raiders need to follow the methods of the Jags, Lions, Bengals, Giants, Chiefs, Cowboys and break out of their 70s thinking that old players are the answer. It’s time for this team to try something new since the old way hasn’t worked for decades.

I was happy with the McDaniels/Ziegler signing, still am... mostly, but Daboll was my first choice.

Watching the Giants this season convinces me he is the kind of coach who identifies the strengths of his players and modifies the system to maximize their production. Unlike McDaniels who seems locked into his system trying to hammer square pegs into the round hole.

Frustrating.

The Giants are probably going to franchise Daniel Jones and try to sign him long term. And playing against the Vikings defense probably makes most QBs look like HoFers, but man it would be nice to have a truly mobile QB who can also throw.

Jones is no Mahomes but he has top notch athleticism and seems to make good decisions when he has quality coaching.

ETA: #### Brady.

I was happy with the McDaniels/Ziegler signing, still am... mostly, but Daboll was my first choice.

Watching the Giants this season convinces me he is the kind of coach who identifies the strengths of his players and modifies the system to maximize their production. Unlike McDaniels who seems locked into his system trying to hammer square pegs into the round hole.

Frustrating.

The Giants are probably going to franchise Daniel Jones and try to sign him long term. And playing against the Vikings defense probably makes most QBs look like HoFers, but man it would be nice to have a truly mobile QB who can also throw.

Jones is no Mahomes but he has top notch athleticism and seems to make good decisions when he has quality coaching.

I also thought Daboll was the top guy last cycle. I was good with the McDaniels hire, but after he was hired I was hoping for Martindale for DC. Giants did a great job with their whole coaching staff. I give them a decent shot next week because they won't lose because they were outcoached or because their game plan sucked.

Frustrating.

I don't agree with this at all. New England constantly adapted their offense to fit the weapons they had:
2006 pound away with Dillon/Maroney, spread around a terrible WR corp, trust the D
2007-8 bombs away to Moss, redefining slot WR in the NFL with Welker/Edelman and went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel at QB.
2009 Tebowmania, won a playoff game!
2010 turned Kyle Orton and Brandon Lloyd into a thing - Lloyd had 1400 yards, and never over 750 again in his career
2011 lost year with Rams but no one could fix Bradford
2012 He didn't create the two TE monster but rolled with it when he returned to NEP
2013-15 Feature TE passing game with full-on RBBC support
2016 back to pounding with Blount, slot WR/TE feature
I'll stop now
No I won't
2017 back to full JAG RBBC and feed Gronk/Cooks
2018 more JAG RRBC, full spread out the pass targets and James White nearly becomes a feature weapon
Ok now I'll stop

McD has been one of the premiere system minds of this era. He invented the slot WR era and made stars/borderline HOF/borderline stars out of guys that 10 year prior would have been one-and-done after rookie contracts. I mean he won a playoff game with Tim freaking Tebow at QB. The same QB that got run out of the position what, one year later?

He's definitely not pounding pegs. If anything he's looking for rounder pegs than Carr is/can be. I think McD is just a cold-blooded chameleon and he doesn't care who it is, he'll figure it out. Sounds like Davis is more behind this than anything else. This is one of the reasons I was most excited about getting McD because if he doesn't implode the team like he did in DEN he's one of the most adaptive/dynamic offensive forces we've seen recently. If Carr gets any decent support from the D we go 10-7 or better so McD showed he can work with him just fine.

Martingdale was my first choice for DC and tgen we got Graham and he win me over... now... maybe Graham is more suzzle than steak. The difference in the Giant defense is impressive. Hopefully Graham just needs more talent.

So be truthful
I will be watching closely to hopefully see Brady embarrassed and knocked out of the playoffs.

And then we’ll sign him and I’ll have to grin and bear it, til that plan inevitably fails and we start yet again.

Looks old and not so good so far.
Please no. We will go from below average to embarrassing. Then again......I do like losing pointless games for draft capital.

Agreed. The situation reminds me of when Peyton Manning wanted to go to the Texans orginally (instead of Denver) but Kubiak nixed the idea because Schaub was their guy. After a few years and a championship later when Manning was clearly washed up, the Texans entertained the idea again. Never good to be compared to the Texans.

Per Hondo... "though the average fan will have no idea, Carr spent significant time over his years calming players and dealing with what some saw as organization's dysfunction."

Per Hondo... "though the average fan will have no idea, Carr spent significant time over his years calming players and dealing with what some saw as organization's dysfunction."
Pretty sure that we can all agree Carr is a great guy but QBs are going to get blamed for losing records right after the HC. Carr has been a good but not great QB. Will be interesting to see how he does for another team.

Pretty sure that we can all agree Carr is a great guy but QBs are going to get blamed for losing records right after the HC. Carr has been a good but not great QB. Will be interesting to see how he does for another team.
What I find most interesting about that comment is how will the new income starter do around this? Hopefully Sandra solidifies the front office to be professional and drama free... she strikes me as someone who is up to the challenge but usually organizations do not change over night. Is it a place for a rookie to come in and thrive in? How will brining in a vet who may be use to things being done one way and then coming to the Raiders react?

What I find most interesting about that comment is how will the new income starter do around this? Hopefully Sandra solidifies the front office to be professional and drama free... she strikes me as someone who is up to the challenge but usually organizations do not change over night. Is it a place for a rookie to come in and thrive in? How will brining in a vet who may be use to things being done one way and then coming to the Raiders react?
My hope is that mcZ and co are bringing stability. Gruden was a clown. The parade of garbage before that was obviously dysfunctional i really want to believe that McZ is.running a tight ship. It actually would make the Carr stuff make even more sense, if he was interfering with their management of the team. Since he was one of the calming, centering leaders. Players might have been looking to Carr, rather than McZ. 🤷‍♂️ Since all they’ve known is crap.

aawtfdik

That article was impressively vague.
Ha. The Raiders GM wants the team to stay good where they are already are and improve where they are not. Just the typical article you would expect to see after the season from someone that covers the team. Lots of typical GM speak and it was ok just to hear his thoughts directly from him.

Here is the title of an article on espn today that did not need to be written and was just done to take up space:
"Bengals owner wants to keep Burrow for long haul"

That article was impressively vague.
Ha. The Raiders GM wants the team to stay good where they are already are and improve where they are not. Just the typical article you would expect to see after the season from someone that covers the team. Lots of typical GM speak and it was ok just to hear his thoughts directly from him.

Here is the title of an article on espn today that did not need to be written and was just done to take up space:
"Bengals owner wants to keep Burrow for long haul"
So.... I may or may not have posted it before actually reading it. I will neither confirm or deny. I didn't realize SI has turned into a clickbait churning operation.

After that Bucs game.... is there anyone here that is going to say they want Brady?
There will be more than one Raider fan that wants Brady based on his past incredible success. The Dallas game showcased Brady’s limitations as an old man that has lost his mobility as a QB. With an all-Pro O line and great receivers Brady could still play well due to his great football IQ and quick decision making abilities. Few teams can offer enough supporting cast for Brady to succeed and the Raiders don’t come close.

Users who are viewing this thread