What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (7 Viewers)

Tommy Eichenburg -> RAIDERS6'2.5 233 lbs- played the Mike LB for Ohio St- won the Big 10 LB of the Year in 2023- an above-average run defender, but struggles in coverage- Coaches and scouts raved about his character, intensity, and his work ethic-
He's a dawg.

Im gonna call this kid the water boy all season...hes a tackling machine

PbcwtUri_normal.jpg

Vic Tafur

@VicTafur
·
16m

A physical player who lacks speed, Eichenberg led Ohio State in tackles in 2022. The inside linebacker is good at reading plays and making tackles, but will not be asked to drop back into coverage for obvious reasons.

So there`s a general consensus that Brock Bowers demeanor when he arrived at Raiders headquarters was less enthusiastic than expected , and of course the internet GMs are all saying he doesnt want to be there . I watched the clips on Instagram and he IS very disengaged while meeting AP and Mark Davis . Could it just be his personality? is he overcome by the moment? Is he having some anxiety ? Its a stark comparison to Powers-Johnson`s reaction ,who seemed VERY happy ,making some great selfie videos saying hello to Raider Nation . Not reading to much into it, just conversation fodder .
Show me a comparison to his demeanor before in similar circumstances. Plus, he is a 21 year old kid.... who just got drafted in the NFL meeting these people.... that is a lot to take in.

Until someone shows me him being the king of the room with people he just met, I am not worried
I am a little concerned that other people picked up on this. I thought it was just me. He said more than once “the next couple years “ with the Raiders. You plan on going somewhere before your 5th year option kid??? Very strange…. I’m sure it’s nothing, just a young and awkward kid.

I did see this:

“I was really shocked. … When that phone call came from Las Vegas, Nevada, I was juiced,” Bowers said, per an April 25 X post from ESPN’s Paul Gutierrez.

Maybe the other stuff is nothing.

UDFA signings

Carter BradleyQBSouth Alabama
Clark BarringtonGBaylor
Andrew CokerTTCU
Jeff ForemanWRArkansas State
Tomari FoxDTNorth Carolina
TJ FranklinDEBaylor
Amari GainerDENorth Carolina
Demarcus GovernorCBNorthern Iowa
Lideatrick GriffinWRMississippi State
Jake JohanningGFurman
Ramel KeytonWRTennessee
Will PutnamCClemson
Phalen SanfordSNebraska
Noah ShannonDTIowa
Ja'Quan SheppardCBMaryland
Ron StoneDEWashington State
Rayshad WilliamsCBTexas Tech

UDFA signings

Clark BarringtonGBaylor
Andrew CokerTTCU
TJ FranklinDEBaylor
Jake JohanningGFurman
Ramel KeytonWRTennessee
Will PutnamCClemson
Phalen SanfordSNebraska
Noah ShannonDTIowa

UDFA signings

Clark BarringtonGBaylor
Andrew CokerTTCU
TJ FranklinDEBaylor
Jake JohanningGFurman
Ramel KeytonWRTennessee
Will PutnamCClemson
Phalen SanfordSNebraska
Noah ShannonDTIowa
That definitely appears to be a bunch of guys. No idea on any of them

Got locked in on OT and then just took the scraps they left us. Reach at CB early 4th. I'm thrilled with the first two picks, and those are by far the most important, but the rest just looks meh. I would have much preferred TJ Tampa or Khyree in the 3rd and then a 4th round OT - a bunch of guys in that tier were there and Glazer may have been too. Eichenberg is a gamer, his 2022 play was far better. I think the DC used them very differently last year because OSU got diced to pieces when they let them run but that was mostly a DL deficiency. He might have coverage issues but he's a two down thumper supreme.

Telesco has a history of going off the rails later in drafts and not maximizing value so we'll see how this one ends up. But man I love those first two picks so give this a B+ based on them.

Bowers played 52.2 percent of his snaps at Georgia as a slot receiver, 36.6 percent inline and 9.5 percent outside, while also lining up in the backfield as an H-back. The dude is going to be a match up nightmare for other teams and even more so when you also put Mayer on the field. You got a big fast guy? Great. Do you have two?

Bowers entire family launching into a Raiders chant.

Perhaps some body language experts can weigh in here and spot the people that are unhappy he was chosen by the Raiders, as I cannot spot them.
Look for the pics of “Brock’s uncle” at the draft. He’s the one leading the raiders chant. There’s some good memes out there already

No question about his talent. The big question now: Is Getsy creative enough to take full advantage of Bowers’ skills?

Kirby Smart said Bowers was the best RB on the team. 👀
Though I do see more Bears games than I would like to, I don't pay a ton of attention to them. However, I did read somewhere that Getsy did move Kmet around a lot. I don't recall a lot of two TE sets but they had Tonyan and Lewis as the other TE's. Not bad depth but not guys you want to get on the field either.

No question about his talent. The big question now: Is Getsy creative enough to take full advantage of Bowers’ skills?

Kirby Smart said Bowers was the best RB on the team. 👀
Though I do see more Bears games than I would like to, I don't pay a ton of attention to them. However, I did read somewhere that Getsy did move Kmet around a lot. I don't recall a lot of two TE sets but they had Tonyan and Lewis as the other TE's. Not bad depth but not guys you want to get on the field either.
Seems like a no brainer that they will run a lot of 12 sets, with Bowers and Meyers on the roster. Bowers would play the slot, but could be deployed in tight, motioned, or in the backfield. He would represent a serious mismatch vs a slot CB. Also, the Raiders could split Bowers out wide and line DA in the slot. 👀

I watched a video earlier today.... fan reactions to their team drafting players like the team did the dumbest thing in the world. Just completely rejected. Screaming and yelling etc..... some of the players on that video.... Mahomes, Hurts, Allen and more.

I will say that when the Chefs drafted Mahomes I thought "That is dumb, you already got a QB, give him a team around him."

The only Raider pick that I remember getting really upset about was DHB. I was driving and listening on the radio. I remember hitting the steering wheel in disgust. So, it was the right reaction..... and on the other end, I was happy that we drafted one of the biggest draft busts in history... the laziest QB ever.... Russell.

All to say, I still allow myself to like or not like picks but I certainly take it all in with heaping piles of salt for what I think because just as much as all these professionals who have spent their entire adult lives in football and get paid millions to make these decisions as a job get it right about 50% of the time... what the hell do I know?

The second round of FA is off and running....

A few positions that we could/need to go to the bargain bin....

QB- There really isn't anything to compete for starter but Tannehill is still available and could add good depth.

WR- We really need depth. Gallup? Maybe Boyd but if I am getting a WR now, I would prefer a guy that can only lineup outside versus a guy that is only a slot guy we have plenty of guys who can go slot if need be.

OT- We drafted some OL and I think we are well covered inside. I wouldn't mind a vet to compete. Becton could be interesting though I am not sure he can play RT or is a LT only guy.

CB- I am not 100% confident that Bennett can lineup as a starter and Hobbs, I think, is best in the nickle spot. Nelson? Gilmore? Howard? Herndon? Wallace? Jackson? Two of them?

The second round of FA is off and running....

A few positions that we could/need to go to the bargain bin....

QB- There really isn't anything to compete for starter but Tannehill is still available and could add good depth.

WR- We really need depth. Gallup? Maybe Boyd but if I am getting a WR now, I would prefer a guy that can only lineup outside versus a guy that is only a slot guy we have plenty of guys who can go slot if need be.

OT- We drafted some OL and I think we are well covered inside. I wouldn't mind a vet to compete. Becton could be interesting though I am not sure he can play RT or is a LT only guy.

CB- I am not 100% confident that Bennett can lineup as a starter and Hobbs, I think, is best in the nickle spot. Nelson? Gilmore? Howard? Herndon? Wallace? Jackson? Two of them?
QB - I don't think adding Tannehill would be a good move. If they didn't sign Minshew then I would be cool bringing him in. Just let AOC and Minshew split the reps and then start whoever they think is better.

WR - Wouldn't mind seeing who is out there and maybe adding one.

OT - Becton is signing with the Eagles. Not sure who else is out there, but anyone who could be decent deserves a look.

CB - I think the focus should be adding another corner.

Saw on twitter/X a suggestion that the Raiders should look at trading for a young QB stuck on someone else depth chart. It's a fun thought, that probably never becomes reality. But the name specifically mentioned was Hooker.

A quick run through the depth charts, others could be; Desmond Ridder (ARZ), Penix (ATL - HAHAHA), Tyler Huntley (Browns), Trey Lance (Dal), Stidham (Den), Davis Mills (Hou), Jacoby Bissett, Malik Willis (Ten)...

To be clear, I'm not advocating for this. Just seemed like a fun topic to shoot around.

Saw on twitter/X a suggestion that the Raiders should look at trading for a young QB stuck on someone else depth chart. It's a fun thought, that probably never becomes reality. But the name specifically mentioned was Hooker.

A quick run through the depth charts, others could be; Desmond Ridder (ARZ), Penix (ATL - HAHAHA), Tyler Huntley (Browns), Trey Lance (Dal), Stidham (Den), Davis Mills (Hou), Jacoby Bissett, Malik Willis (Ten)...

To be clear, I'm not advocating for this. Just seemed like a fun topic to shoot around.
It could make sense to bring in a project. It should be AOC/Minshew all year but a guy like Lance or Willis where there is natural talent that could potentially develop into a starting QB level.... if you get them on the cheap, sure. Penix isn't going anywhere and AZ just traded for Ridder.

It could make sense to bring in a project. It should be AOC/Minshew all year but a guy like Lance or Willis where there is natural talent that could potentially develop into a starting QB level.... if you get them on the cheap, sure. Penix isn't going anywhere and AZ just traded for Ridder.

Penix was a joke to make fun of the poor decision by Atlanta! haha

CB - I think the focus should be adding another corner.

This is my #1 priority for sure.

3rd Qb should be a project imo

Always good to bring in more depth at OL.

WR should be a project as well.

I'm advocating for Hooker. Hell yes. No one else here is interesting to me over AOC.

Users who are viewing this thread