What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 NY Giants - (Schoen & Daboll episode 2 – Danny turns Dimes into Dollars) (1 Viewer)

Fing Eagles
This is similar to what I was suggesting the Giants do earlier
If you value a player now ... give up the capital next year. You probably wont be able to get a player like Kelee Ringo in the 3rd rd next year
The Eagles 2024 3rd rd pick is going to be about 10 spots better then this pick

The Eagles trading a 2024 third-round pick to leap into this spot tells you just how much they wanted yet another UGA defender on their roster. Ringo is a rare athlete whose NFL role could be TBD. His traits are worth a shot here. -- by Eric Edholm

Fing Eagles
If you value a player now ... give up the capital next year. You probably wont be able to get a player like Kelee Ringo in the 3rd rd next year

The Eagles trading a 2024 third-round pick to leap into this spot tells you just how much they wanted yet another UGA defender on their roster. Ringo is a rare athlete whose NFL role could be TBD. His traits are worth a shot here. -- by Eric Edholm
Works great, until you become the rams. Pretty sure I saw a stat where they’ve gone 7-8 years in a row without a first round pick.

Fing Eagles

Works great, until you become the rams. Pretty sure I saw a stat where they’ve gone 7-8 years in a row without a first round pick.
The Eagles have 2 first round picks every year

Giants like always just throwing away picks at the bottom of the Draft

Completely wasted 6-32 on CB that prob wouldn't have been drafted, Still Available - Jaylon Jones CB or Cory Trice Jr. CB, should have been the picks if they were looking for a CB
Andre Carter II Edge - was also available

I don't like the pick from a depth/need perspective. They have Brightwell already, plus why sign Brieda to that extension if you're going to pick a RB that high in the draft? Could've used that for OG or something.

Because of the post-draft UDFA period and the pre-training camp "FA" period, it's not like Giants can't sign a vet-minimum RB that gets cut from a team to serve as special teams/5th RB."

Last edited:
I don't like the pick from a depth/need perspective. They have Brightwell already, plus why sign Brieda to that extension if you're going to pick a RB that high in the draft? Could've used that for OG or something.

Because of the post-draft UDFA period and the pre-training camp "FA" period, it's not like Giants can't sign a vet-minimum RB that gets cut from a team to serve as special teams/5th RB."
IMO Gray is an upgrade over their backups, which was needed. If all they ever go after is UDFAs and cheap vets, that's what they will get. Gray should be better than that. I like the pick.

Overall, I'm happy with this draft. I think they got 3 potential starters in the first 3 rounds. I think Tillman might have been better at WR, but I like Hyatt too and clearly Daboll has a type at WR so he should be a good fit for the offense. I really loved the first 2 picks and I think the first 3 picks overall were best case scenario going into the draft.

And if Saquan holds out ... Brightwell is our RB1 ???
Go watch Gray's highlights ... This guy looks like a very solid NFL RB. Over 700 yds after contact .. 3rd best in big 12, great at pass protection, and soft hands good receiver, 3 down back

This is likely Saquans eventual replacement

During his time at Oklahoma running back Eric Gray did a little bit of everything — ran the ball, caught the ball, blocked, returned punts and kicks, and even tossed a couple of passes on trick plays.
Gray doesn’t just have good hands as a receiver, he’s also very careful with the ball. Between his 549 rushing attempts and 99 receptions in college, he never once fumbled.

96.2 elusive rating that was one of the best marks in this running back class.

Last edited:

IMO Gray is an upgrade over their backups, which was needed. If all they ever go after is UDFAs and cheap vets, that's what they will get. Gray should be better than that. I like the pick.

Overall, I'm happy with this draft. I think they got 3 potential starters in the first 3 rounds. I think Tillman might have been better at WR, but I like Hyatt too and clearly Daboll has a type at WR so he should be a good fit for the offense. I really loved the first 2 picks and I think the first 3 picks overall were best case scenario going into the draft.
I agree, I didn't know much about Gray but he looked pretty good on the tape they showed

Giants expected to sign monster UDFA WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton

6'4" 220 4.38 40

The #1 Athletic score for all WRs in the draft, projected 4th rd Pick, monster on 50/50 balls Good hands but cant run routes

Would Love this signing !

Last edited:
frankenberry doesn't like a 5th round pick on a RB, ok
Right, I don't because they can stock up on offensive line/Saftey where you maybe you hit on upside. The Giants already have shown how they feel about the RB position ... so why the investment? Nitpick sure, but it's something to be mindful of down the line.

frankenberry doesn't like a 5th round pick on a RB, ok
Right, I don't because they can stock up on offensive line/Saftey where you maybe you hit on upside. The Giants already have shown how they feel about the RB position ... so why the investment? Nitpick sure, but it's something to be mindful of down the line.

It was 5th round compensatory pick so Essentially a 6th rd pick for a guy projected to go in the 4th ... it was a very smart pick. Very high floor pick and he will immediately be the 2nd best back on the team.

I found out today that Wheaton use to live in the same sub-division as one of my good friends. My friend’s son is friends with Wheaton’s older brother. Hope the kid sticks but he has a lot of competition.

I don't understand why that's so suprising. The word was that barring a setback, he should be ready for Week 1, meaning he'd probably be ok to go sometime during Training Camp.
I'm a little surprised, I thought he got hurt fairly late in the season. November if I recall correctly.
Week 11 vs Det ... Nov 20 so yeah it is a quick recovery even by today's standards on ACL recovery
I saw something today that said Robinson had surgery in mid-December.

@Yenrub
https://twitter.com/DDuggan21
@DDuggan21

The knee injury that Giants CB Aaron Robinson suffered in Week 4 was a partially torn ACL and a torn MCL, per source. Robinson had surgery four weeks ago and is looking at a recovery timeline of approximately nine months. Injuries have been a hurdle for the 2021 third-round pick.
2:17 PM · Dec 9, 2022
Tore his ACL/MCL and had surgery for it in early November, and should be cleared for Training Camp in August.

Separate topic, I really like the signing of WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton. Expected to go anywhere from 4th-6th round, elite measurables but raw and inconsistent at West Virginia. Plus, he has a trait that Daniel Jones needs to unlock to progress as an NFL QB: he's a tall contested catch/jump ball guy. If it doesn't work out with him big deal, he's a UDFA. Good low risk-high reward signing.

I don't understand why that's so suprising. The word was that barring a setback, he should be ready for Week 1, meaning he'd probably be ok to go sometime during Training Camp.
I'm a little surprised, I thought he got hurt fairly late in the season. November if I recall correctly.
Week 11 vs Det ... Nov 20 so yeah it is a quick recovery even by today's standards on ACL recovery
I'm going to assume Robinson and Shephard will not be ready for the start of th season (worst case) ... In that case the WR Group would look something like this . Somehow stilll not that great a group of WRs ... but if healthy Waller will be the primary target which makes them look a lot better

Rostered
  • Slayton
  • Hodgins
  • Cambell
  • Crowder
  • Hyatt
  • Smith (Special Teams)
PUP
  • Robinson / Shephard
Practice Squad
  • Bryce Ford-Wheaton
  • Collin Jonson

@Yenrub
https://twitter.com/DDuggan21
@DDuggan21

The knee injury that Giants CB Aaron Robinson suffered in Week 4 was a partially torn ACL and a torn MCL, per source. Robinson had surgery four weeks ago and is looking at a recovery timeline of approximately nine months. Injuries have been a hurdle for the 2021 third-round pick.
2:17 PM · Dec 9, 2022
Tore his ACL/MCL and had surgery for it in early November, and should be cleared for Training Camp in August.

Separate topic, I really like the signing of WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton. Expected to go anywhere from 4th-6th round, elite measurables but raw and inconsistent at West Virginia. Plus, he has a trait that Daniel Jones needs to unlock to progress as an NFL QB: he's a tall contested catch/jump ball guy. If it doesn't work out with him big deal, he's a UDFA. Good low risk-high reward signing.
Well since we speaking about ACL injuries & tall WR’s

I think we are all sleeping on Collin Johnson. He was having a really nice training camp before he tore his ACL in camp. It looked like he was building a nice rapport with DJ and was on track to be a starter last year.

I'm going to assume Robinson and Shephard will not be ready for the start of th season (worst case) ... In that case the WR Group would look something like this . Somehow stilll not that great a group of WRs ... but if healthy Waller will be the primary target which makes them look a lot better

Rostered
  • Slayton
  • Hodgins
  • Cambell
  • Crowder
  • Hyatt
  • Smith (Special Teams)
PUP
  • Robinson / Shephard
Practice Squad
  • Bryce Ford-Wheaton
  • Collin Jonson
If I recall correctly, the Giants broke camp with 7 WR rostered last year. I think Collin Johnson moves up from the PS to the active roster

I was looking at 40 times.
I’m not sure how it’s going to translate to football but dang we have a ton of speed at WR.

Parris Campbell 4.31
J. Hyatt 4.40
Slayton 4.39
BFW 4.38
Wan’Dale 4.38

I was looking at 40 times.
I’m not sure how it’s going to translate to football but dang we have a ton of speed at WR.

Parris Campbell 4.31
J. Hyatt 4.40
Slayton 4.39
BFW 4.38
Wan’Dale 4.38
Definitely much faster now but I see Wan'Dale listed at 4.44 at the combine ... yuck it kills me when I look at his draft projection rd 4-5

We've known the opponents. We've known the locations. Soon ... we will know the dates.

The 2023 NFL schedule will be released on Thursday, May 11, at 8 pm. ET. Per the league rotation, the NFC East will face the NFC West and the AFC East this season, and NFC teams will play nine road games next season.

The New York Giants' 2023 opponents:

Home: Cowboys, Commanders, Eagles, Rams, Seahawks, Patriots, Jets, Packers
Away: Cowboys, Commanders, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, Saints

So, how "tough" is the schedule?
Based on combined winning percentages from the 2022 season, the Giants are tied with the Patriots and Cowboys for the third-toughest schedule. They trail only the Dolphins (0.554) and Eagles, who have the "toughest" lineup with a combined opponent winning percentage of 0.566. The Falcons have the "easiest" at 0.417.
fun...

We've known the opponents. We've known the locations. Soon ... we will know the dates.

The 2023 NFL schedule will be released on Thursday, May 11, at 8 pm. ET. Per the league rotation, the NFC East will face the NFC West and the AFC East this season, and NFC teams will play nine road games next season.

The New York Giants' 2023 opponents:

Home: Cowboys, Commanders, Eagles, Rams, Seahawks, Patriots, Jets, Packers
Away: Cowboys, Commanders, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, Saints

So, how "tough" is the schedule?
Based on combined winning percentages from the 2022 season, the Giants are tied with the Patriots and Cowboys for the third-toughest schedule. They trail only the Dolphins (0.554) and Eagles, who have the "toughest" lineup with a combined opponent winning percentage of 0.566. The Falcons have the "easiest" at 0.417.
fun...
I saw the season win total over under for the Giants was at 8.5.
That seems about right to me. I think the Giants have improved but they do have a tougher schedule than last season.
Offensively you wonder if Neal is ready to step up and how soon Jones and the new weapons (Waller, Campbell & Hyatt) can get on the same page.
Defensively how long will it take for a legit #2 CB to step up

Week Date Opponent Kickoff (ET) TV channel
1 Sept. 10 vs. Cowboys (SNF) 8:20 p.m. NBC
2 Sept. 17 at Cardinals
3 Sept. 21 at 49ers (TNF) 8:15 p.m. Amazon Prime
4 Oct. 2 vs. Seahawks (MNF) 8:15 p.m. ESPN
5 Oct. 8 at Dolphins
6 Oct. 15 at Bills
7 Oct. 22 at Commanders
8 Oct. 29 vs. Jets 1 p.m.
9 Nov. 5 at Raiders
10 Nov. 12 at Cowboys
11 Nov. 19 vs. Commanders
12 Nov. 26 vs. Patriots
13 Dec. 3 BYE
14 Dec. 11 vs. Packers (MNF) 8:15 p.m. ESPN
15 Dec. 17 at Saints
16 Dec. 25 at Eagles 4:30 p.m. ET Fox
17 Dec. 31 vs. Rams
18 Jan. 6/7 vs. Eagles

The early prediction (makes more sense to wait until Training Camp starts) I get is 7-9 and 1 toss-up.

Last edited:
Week Date Opponent Kickoff (ET) TV channel
1 Sept. 10 vs. Cowboys (SNF) 8:20 p.m. NBC
2 Sept. 17 at Cardinals
3 Sept. 21 at 49ers (TNF) 8:15 p.m. Amazon Prime
4 Oct. 2 vs. Seahawks (MNF) 8:15 p.m. ESPN
5 Oct. 8 at Dolphins
6 Oct. 15 at Bills
7 Oct. 22 at Commanders
8 Oct. 29 vs. Jets 1 p.m.
9 Nov. 5 at Raiders
10 Nov. 12 at Cowboys
11 Nov. 19 vs. Commanders
12 Nov. 26 vs. Patriots
13 Dec. 3 BYE
14 Dec. 11 vs. Packers (MNF) 8:15 p.m. ESPN
15 Dec. 17 at Saints
16 Dec. 25 at Eagles 4:30 p.m. ET Fox
17 Dec. 31 vs. Rams
18 Jan. 6/7 vs. Eagles

The early prediction (makes more sense to wait until Training Camp starts) I get is 7-9 and 1 toss-up.
11-6

Anonymous GM says Giants screwed up signing Daniel Jones.
Who was going to pay him?
This is some serious garbage reporting .. First off there is not a mention of a GM anywhere in that article so not sure where that came from
A) What is an NFL exec ? There are a whole lot of different executive positions and departments in an NFL organization in charge of lots of things unrelated to football (Cleaning, Cooking, Security, Parking, Facilities etc .. ) At least Tell us what this NFL exec or execs are responsible for
B) Any NFL Exec that has Football Operations / Front Office responsibilities that doesnt have the balls to to stand behind their comments doesnt have an ounce of credibilty
Its probably better to focus your energy on trolling other teams threads instead of defending your Giants stupidity.

Anonymous GM says Giants screwed up signing Daniel Jones.
Who was going to pay him?
This is some serious garbage reporting .. First off there is not a mention of a GM anywhere in that article so not sure where that came from
A) What is an NFL exec ? There are a whole lot of different executive positions and departments in an NFL organization in charge of lots of things unrelated to football (Cleaning, Cooking, Security, Parking, Facilities etc .. ) At least Tell us what this NFL exec or execs are responsible for
B) Any NFL Exec that has Football Operations / Front Office responsibilities that doesnt have the balls to to stand behind their comments doesnt have an ounce of credibilty
Its probably better to focus your energy on trolling other teams threads instead of defending your Giants stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread