What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (20 Viewers)

I was debating going to SF for the game, or coming to Detroit to watch it at a bar or the stadium or wherever.

Decision made. I want to be with my peeps. Detroit trip booked! 🥃

The Lions are hosting an NFC Championship watch party at Ford Field on Sunday.

I will be there with my best bud! Tickets all booked from Phoenix.

I'd appreciate you posting how to get tickets once they go on sale. I'll be looking but I have a feeling you'll know before me. Hell, you'll probably know before the Lions know...

The Lions led the Rams for 49:30; took the lead on the opening drive and never relinquished it.

Yesterday Detroit led ~ just under 33 minutes and it was tied 27.xx minutes.

They have not trailed in this preseason.

The Lions led the Rams for 49:30; took the lead on the opening drive and never relinquished it.

Someone in the SF thread pointed out than until coming from behind vs GB, Shanahan was 0-30 in games trailing heading into the 4th quarter.

Someone in the SF thread pointed out than until coming from behind vs GB, Shanahan was 0-30 in games trailing heading into the 4th quarter.
Not trailing, but trailing by like 5 or 6 or something. Heres some coaches records when trailing by 3+ going into the 4th quarter, since 2017:

Shanahan: 1-29
McVay: 3-25
Harbaugh: 4-21
Belichick: 4-25

Everyone killing Shanahan over this, but the NFL average is 13.3 win percentage in that situation. Shanahan's at 3.3%.

Not trailing, but trailing by like 5 or 6 or something. Heres some coaches records when trailing by 3+ going into the 4th quarter, since 2017:

Shanahan: 1-29
McVay: 3-25
Harbaugh: 4-21
Belichick: 4-25

Everyone killing Shanahan over this, but the NFL average is 13.3 win percentage in that situation. Shanahan's at 3.3%.

Well, don't get behind. Pile it on early :hifive:

The one segment on 97.1 The Ticket I try to always catch. They do a good job and it’s easy to appreciate that they actually know what they’re talking about. 17 years as NFL OL starters between them.

Today was an exceptionally good episode. Although it’s possible I’m just in an exceptionally good mood.

Necessary Roughness - Jon Jansen & T.J. Lang break down the Lions Division Playoff Win over the Bucs
Excellent podcast, a lot of good insight.

Agreed. I’m like 10 mins in and TJ Lang has pretty much gone on a soliloquy of a myriad of sharp and perceptive points of varying topics. Great stuff

I will admit going to the game in person is great for all the hoopla and energy and I would not trade today for anything..but for watching the actual game, concentrating on the play by play, at home on a big screen is better. At the game you get caught up in the crowd, the TV timeouts seemed so long today.
Yesterday's game was probably a better one to get caught up in the crowd. Not just because the crowd was awesome, but the minutiae of the game wasn't a lot of fun. Bucs were killing us statistically until the 4th quarter, and watching the replays and looking at the numbers was making me super nervous. But we never actually trailed, and I probably wouldn't have been worried if I was there yelling with a bunch of other Detroit fans.

I will admit going to the game in person is great for all the hoopla and energy and I would not trade today for anything..but for watching the actual game, concentrating on the play by play, at home on a big screen is better. At the game you get caught up in the crowd, the TV timeouts seemed so long today.
Yesterday's game was probably a better one to get caught up in the crowd. Not just because the crowd was awesome, but the minutiae of the game wasn't a lot of fun. Bucs were killing us statistically until the 4th quarter, and watching the replays and looking at the numbers was making me super nervous. But we never actually trailed, and I probably wouldn't have been worried if I was there yelling with a bunch of other Detroit fans.
Interesting, it felt to me like we were always in control. Being tied at half was annoying but it felt like things were coming much easier for the Lions than the Bucs. I was also in a packed bar that was loud and energetic so maybe that eliminated any worries.

Interesting, it felt to me like we were always in control. Being tied at half was annoying but it felt like things were coming much easier for the Lions than the Bucs. I was also in a packed bar that was loud and energetic so maybe that eliminated any worries.

I was concerned but felt the game was somewhat in control. Was worried though about the way Sutton was getting burned.

Used to go to bars to watch games all the time until the last couple of years. I like the noise and energy but in big games like Michigan's playoff game and the National title game I wanted to stay home and watch with only a couple people. Same with last weeks Lions game. At parties and bars i get too distracted.

I watched the Lions game today and did not realize how much game I actually missed sitting at the game. The crowd energy was awesome but I got caught up in it, drinking a few beers, talking to people. Again the TV timeouts are killers at the game. At home you don`t realize because you get up, get something from the fridge or whatever. Where did you watch it at?

We went to Nemos for a beer after and it was jamming.

That seems like a recipe for success, they should do that next game too.

I don’t understand why Ben Johnson only calls 3-4 touchdown plays per game.

I was concerned but felt the game was somewhat in control. Was worried though about the way Sutton was getting burned.

Used to go to bars to watch games all the time until the last couple of years. I like the noise and energy but in big games like Michigan's playoff game and the National title game I wanted to stay home and watch with only a couple people. Same with last weeks Lions game. At parties and bars i get too distracted.

I watched the Lions game today and did not realize how much game I actually missed sitting at the game. The crowd energy was awesome but I got caught up in it, drinking a few beers, talking to people. Again the TV timeouts are killers at the game. At home you don`t realize because you get up, get something from the fridge or whatever. Where did you watch it at?

I watched it at Hermanns in Plymouth. I didn't miss a single play. Everyone there was 100% locked into every play. There was a lot of singing, dancing on the bar, just general pandemonium. It was one of the funnest days of my life.

I watched it at Hermanns in Plymouth. I didn't miss a single play. Everyone there was 100% locked into every play. There was a lot of singing, dancing on the bar, just general pandemonium. It was one of the funnest days of my life.

Old Hermans..was there a few weeks ago!

That's my spot, near my house and been going there damn close to 20 years now.

Used to go there years ago when the female bodybuilder was a server and bartender.

Used to go there years ago when the female bodybuilder was a server and bartender.
I am pretty sure she's there, just 1 day a week. Something weird like a Tiuesday or Wednesday.

Highest Offensive Tackle Playoff Game PFF Grade since 2020:
1. DET Penei Sewell - 94.1 (2023 DP vs TB)
2. DET Taylor Decker - 93.6 ('23 DP vs TB)
3. TB Tristan Wirfs - 91.7 ('20 SB vs KC)
4. LAR Rob Havenstein - 90.1 ('21 CC vs SF)
5. PHI Jordan Mailata - 87.2 ('22 CC vs SF)
Mauling people. We need that same level of play next Sunday.

I was debating going to SF for the game, or coming to Detroit to watch it at a bar or the stadium or wherever.

I'd appreciate you posting how to get tickets once they go on sale. I'll be looking but I have a feeling you'll know before me. Hell, you'll probably know before the Lions know...
Looks like the watch party is already sold out. No tickets available on Ticketmaster.

Looks like the watch party is already sold out. No tickets available on Ticketmaster.

Wow

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised

Detroit set records for highest priced Wild Card ticket ever, and then highest priced Division Round ticket ever

TJ and Jansen were talking about Penei today (link upthread) and they’re both amazed how easy it is for him right now. “He’s like a lion playing with his food, you almost wonder if he’s bored. Just dominating every snap.”

That’s not a couple homers, that is a 7-year and a 10-year NFL OL starters. They were saying he’s playing in a way they’re unfamiliar with, it’s at such a high level.

TJ and Jansen were talking about Penei today (link upthread) and they’re both amazed how easy it is for him right now. “He’s like a lion playing with his food, you almost wonder if he’s bored. Just dominating every snap.”

That’s not a couple homers, that is a 7-year and a 10-year NFL OL starters. They were saying he’s playing in a way they’re unfamiliar with, it’s at such a high level.
I stand by what I said a few weeks ago that he should have been in the MVP conversation. Of course an OL isn't winning it but he deserved to have his name in the discourse given how wide open the field was this year.

How good was last night’s game sealing interception?

Derrick Barnes flat out whiffed on a safety sack in Dallas; play resulted in a 92 yard TD to CeeDee. He probably felt like “I’m the reason we didn’t get the 2 seed or have a shot at the top spot.”

Then GB bails us out and we end up with the 2nd home game anyway.

Heckuva time to get your first career INT. He really took a big step up this year, and that was an incredibly athletic pick.

Who brings in their seldom utilized RB3 on 4th and goal at the 1 and then give him the carry on a dive play?

When the top 2 have 27 TDs lol….Campbell was nonchalant today….”well that package called for Craig to run it, so….thats what we did.”

Love how the second longest explosive of the game was Brock Wright on a TE leak.

Every other final four team plays hero ball; Detroit is a team effort across the board.

As I’m sure most of you are aware, Jonah Jackson had meniscus surgery today.

Ragnow played 12 days after his procedure, but he’s a mutant. MCDC said today there’s a chance he could be back for the Super Bowl in 20 days.

Who brings in their seldom utilized RB3 on 4th and goal at the 1 and then give him the carry on a dive play?

When the top 2 have 27 TDs lol….Campbell was nonchalant today….”well that package called for Craig to run it, so….thats what we did.”
If they had Gibbs or especially Monty back there I would have guessed a run. By using the #3 guy maybe the defense assumed he was there as a blocking back for a passing play.

Still processing my thoughts from yesterday. Man, I love this team so much. It's just so weird to have this much faith in the leadership. Not that they'll win every game or get every call right, but that they know what they're doing. All the signature wins of the past two years -- Packers last year, Chiefs in the opener, the two playoffs -- were not even close to being perfect games, but they consistently did what needed to be done. When they got the ball with four minutes yesterday, I felt fully confident that Tampa wouldn't get the ball back. And when they did, not that I didn't get a little nervous, but I still fully expected the defense to come up with a stop.

They're not as good a team as the Niners, and they may well lose next weekend. But if they do, that will be the reason; SOL is truly dead and buried. And that's also the reason that, even though they're dogs, they have a legit shot at knocking off the Niners

Last edited:
If Super Bowl tickets were not $8000, I would have flown to vegas for the Super Bowl
Oh I'm going no matter what if we make it.
You know how the benefit of buying a lottery ticket isn't that you might win -- you won't -- but that it allows you to indulge in the fantasy of what you'd do if you did? There's no way I could meet up with my dad in Vegas for the Super Bowl; financial constraints aside, my mom is not in great shape and it would be too much for him to leave her for the weekend. But if the Lions win on Sunday, will that stop me from pricing out the entire trip just to keep the dream alive for a little bit longer? What do you think?

Jeebus I'm getting pumped for this. With all the bs "we" went through with the way "our" game ended, here's a Cowboy fan pumped for you guys. Anything can happen. It can be done, dammit! When Dallas had that mini-dynasty in the 90s, the media and fans were all about the triplets, ya know, troy mike and emmitt. But in that locker room 5 guys had a saying - Larry Allen, Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Erik Williams, Mark Tuinei.

We don't get the glory. We don't want the glory. WE ARE THE REASON FOR THE GLORY!

It was 100% truth. In the Bucs thread I confessed once my team is eliminated (in any sport), I pull for upsets. But I also said it's very difficult not to root for Campbell. He'll always be a Cowboy to me btw. :) sry 'bout dat gents...

Anyway, ya got the longest odds so you got my full support going forward, which is unimportant. What's important is that you have the best OL remaining. Now go shock the world.

Last edited:
If Super Bowl tickets were not $8000, I would have flown to vegas for the Super Bowl
You know how the benefit of buying a lottery ticket isn't that you might win -- you won't -- but that it allows you to indulge in the fantasy of what you'd do if you did? There's no way I could meet up with my dad in Vegas for the Super Bowl; financial constraints aside, my mom is not in great shape and it would be too much for him to leave her for the weekend. But if the Lions win on Sunday, will that stop me from pricing out the entire trip just to keep the dream alive for a little bit longer? What do you think?

So I should buy airline tickets and get a room just in case?

Obviously. And ask them for a rollout cot in case I need somewhere to crash

I’ve booked my room, but I can cancel any time. And airfare is basically free for me since I travel so much.

My problem is I have to foot the bill for four people (my daughter, my best friend who married my sister, and my sister). But hell. No way I’m missing this.

Last edited:

[Rapoport] “Lions All-Pro center Frank Ragnow suffered both a sprained knee and a sprained ankle in Sunday’s win over the #Bucs, sources say. Ragnow missed a few plays, then somehow went back in. He is expected to play in the NFC Championship Game.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/detroitlions/comments/19d4zrl/rapoport_lions_allpro_center_frank_ragnow/

https://www.reddit.com/r/detroitlions/comments/19d4zrl/rapoport_lions_allpro_center_frank_ragnow/
Warrior. Got rolled up from behind by a teammate twice. Refused to come out.

FTR, Rap is incorrect here - both PFF and Pro Football Reference have him at 73 snaps (100%). The first time it happened (knee) was on a sack that ended a drive, they taped him up and he was ready by the next series. The second time he got rolled up was the ankle on a touchdown play; the trainers taped him up again.

Said in the postgame "I'm good."

I think you should meet me in Vegas 🥃

I just spent a ridiculous amount for tickets to the watch party, but I have them. Just can’t wait!!

Awesome. Hope they cut away to Ford Field often....hoping they have reason to cut away for the reaction in Motown often.

It's such a special year. Honestly wondered if I would ever see it.

I think it was around Week 13 - day after beating the Saints (despite Carr dealing on us before he got hurt), I wrote

"At this point there is no real way to improve the defense in-season so either enjoy watching the team as is or check out. Anyone expecting them to win in dominating fashion is going to be miserable for two months."

The next week the Bears ran all over us. But that Week 14 loss was also the first time I saw AG starting to make adjustments. That was the week Tracy Walker was benched and Ifeatu Melifonwu played 70 snaps - after only seeing 103 defensive snaps the first 12 games. The next week the mixing of coverages continued and they started manufacturing pressure with creative fronts + sending free runners from the secondary.

Iffy saved our season. They have a lot of stars on this team but in my mind #6 is their MVP from the last 6 games - 5 wins and one (bizarre officiating snafu) loss.

Anyway, enjoy my friend. Love that you going for it!

Wow

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised

Detroit set records for highest priced Wild Card ticket ever, and then highest priced Division Round ticket ever

One of my daughters' friends has 2 season tickets. First game he sold 2 for 5 grand, second game 7500. I have sat in his seats, they were not club level seats. About 30 rows up in the corner.

Love how the second longest explosive of the game was Brock Wright on a TE leak.

Every other final four team plays hero ball; Detroit is a team effort across the board.

Ther Wright play was right in front of us, he looked so slow on that play..then he jukes the DB on top of it!!

That was same play used against Jets last year when Wright scored a long one.

Users who are viewing this thread