What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (3 Viewers)

amazing.

It was just always so hard to believe we’d get to see a Lions team go this far. Its perfectly within reach of any NFL team and most have done it at some point, yet it just seemed like such an improbability for us as we’d been starved for so long

Keep going boys !!!

How sweet it is after so many years. I go back to remember the Dempsey FG, Chuck Hughes, Andolsek, Utley, Monty Clark praying for the FG in SF, the Sterling Sharpe TD- LFG!!

When you folks have quotes, please add links as that helps a ton. Thanks. If you don't have a link, please let us know that too and that you're posting it based on what you heard or saw.

When you folks have quotes, please add links as that helps a ton. Thanks. If you don't have a link, please let us know that too and that you're posting it based on what you heard or saw.

well I'm posting quotes from the Detroit Lions Live postgame show on YouTube

@NextGenStats

Jared Goff was blitzed on over half of his dropbacks (52.2%) in the Lions Divisional Round victory but was able to limit pressure with quick passing.

Goff averaged a 2.51-second time to throw & was pressured just 5 times against the blitz (20.8%).

Pass Chart

@NextGenStats

Jared Goff was not sacked on any of his 24 dropbacks against the blitz, his 3rd game with at least 20 dropbacks & 0 sacks vs the blitz this season (Rest of NFL: 5 games).

Goff has been sacked on a league-low 4.5% of his dropbacks vs the blitz this season.

#TBvsDET | #AllGrit

@NextGenStats

Jahmyr Gibbs rushed for 74 yards and a TD on 9 carries, generating a 88.9% rushing success rate against Tampa, the 3rd-highest rate in a game by a RB since 2018 (min. 9 carries).

Gibbs also averaged a season-high 6.1 rush yards after contact per carry.

#TBvsDET | #OnePride

Carry Chart

Had a blast today. Just got home.

The game was tight and did not seem Ben was on top of his game play calling. I said early in the second half they need to get Gibbs the ball as Monty was getting stuffed.

Lions got away from the run game in the first half and all of sudden the crowd died down a bit. Second half the crowd was crazy loud. I have been to probably at least 40 Lion games in person over the years and nothing was like the second half.

Baker really played a good game in those conditions until the last INT. Really the Bucs played tough. Goff came on strong second half.

Sutton is becoming a liability. Not only did he get beat like a drum many times, there were a few you probably could not see on TV but he was torched but Mayfield was under pressure. That is about the only downside I saw.

I will admit going to the game in person is great for all the hoopla and energy and I would not trade today for anything..but for watching the actual game, concentrating on the play by play, at home on a big screen is better. At the game you get caught up in the crowd, the TV timeouts seemed so long today.

The game was tight and did not seem Ben was on top of his game play calling. I said early in the second half they need to get Gibbs the ball as Monty was getting stuffed.

Lions got away from the run game in the first half and all of sudden the crowd died down a bit. Second half the crowd was crazy loud. I have been to probably at least 40 Lion games in person over the years and nothing was like the second half.

Baker really played a good game in those conditions until the last INT. Really the Bucs played tough. Goff came on strong second half.

Sutton is becoming a liability. Not only did he get beat like a drum many times, there were a few you probably could not see on TV but he was torched but Mayfield was under pressure. That is about the only downside I saw.

I will admit going to the game in person is great for all the hoopla and energy and I would not trade today for anything..but for watching the actual game, concentrating on the play by play, at home on a big screen is better. At the game you get caught up in the crowd, the TV timeouts seemed so long today.
I’ll agree to a certain extent, but there’s just nothing like being at a big game, especially for a win. It’s an experience that can’t be replaced.

@LionsPR (all of below)

The only rookies in #NFL history to produce a postseason game with at least 70 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD & 40 receiving yards:

- Lions RB @Jahmyr_Gibbs1 (2023)
- Rams RB Cam Akers (2021)
- Raiders RB Marcus Allen (1983)

Lions TE @Samlaporta has 12 receptions this postseason.

This marks the most receptions a rookie TE has ever recorded in a single postseason in #NFL history.

#AllGrit

Lions S @Ifeatu_Mel is the #NFL 's first S to have 1.5 sacks in a playoff game since Packers S Morgan Burnett on Jan. 18, 2015.

#AllGrit

Lions QB @JaredGoff16 is the 3rd QB in franchise history to win multiple playoff games, joining Tobin Rote (1957) and Bobby Layne (1952, 1953).

Lions Head Coach Dan Campbell is the 3rd coach in team history to win multiple playoff games, joining George Wilson (1957) and Buddy Parker (1952-53).

The Lions have won two playoff games in the same postseason for the first time in the Super Bowl era.

The Lions have combined for 14 wins this season, the most they’ve totaled in a single year when combining the regular season and postseason.

The Lions have advanced to the NFC Championship game for the second time in franchise history.

The Lions drafted OT Penei Sewell, WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, LB Derrick Barnes, DT Alim McNeill, and DB Ifeatu Melifonwu in 2021.

Sewell and St. Brown are All-Pros; Barnes had the game-winning INT, McNeill has been a cog in the middle, and Melifonwu had 1.5 sacks today.

The Lions have crushed all their drafts since GM Brad Holmes and HC Dan Campbell came in. That group was the first.

What a run.

I’ll agree to a certain extent, but there’s just nothing like being at a big game, especially for a win. It’s an experience that can’t be replaced.

Agree and would not trade it. But I am going to watch the game again today as it seems a blur to me. Felt the same way when I was at Michigan-Ohio State game this year. Watched it again the next day and realized I missed quite a bit.

Have quite the hangover today. Came back home where the rest of my family and friends were and after a bunch of beers broke out the bourbon.

They were laughing because last week I made this comment "I guarantee next week Bob Seger, Jeff Daniels, Eminem will all be at the game along with Gov Whitmer" Sure enough as soon as we walked in my daughter said there is Jeff Daniels on the screen.

Looking forward, Sunday weather looks good, partly sunny and a high of 63 degrees.

DraftKings line on the game is SF -6.5 with a total of 51.

Lions sign Zach Ertz. Even if he's on the roster by Sunday, doubt he makes a huge impact, but nice to have him around

Plus hopefully Julie will be at the game.
Take that, Taylor!

Seriously, though, is there anyone else on the roster who has won a Super Bowl? Goff, CJGJ and JReynolds have been there, but didn't win.

ETA: MCDC was on the Saints roster in 2009, but spent the year on IR and didn't get a ring

Users who are viewing this thread