What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Detroit Lions: Draft complete. (6 Viewers)

I thought Jeff Okudah was solid yesterday. I was concerned when he left the game but thankfully it was just cramps.

Need to see the tape but I don't recall him giving up any of the McLaurin receptions. He's also playing the run really well this year.

Another good game from Rodrigo. I still can't believe Holmes found unearthed a player that good in the 6th round.

If Hutch stays healthy he's a solid favorite for DRotY. It's early in the year, let's see if he can maintain some consistency. Obviously whatever the thigh injury is, he was limping significantly when he walked off after the game. Didn't have the same impact after he got hurt, hope it's nothing serious. Kid has quite a motor; he's everything we hoped he would be.

ETA: Hutch coming off

Ben Johnson is everything we hoped he would be. The offense was stalling, four possessions and one first down while Washington got back in the game. Man did we need a play in the worst way, and ARSB's 58 yard reverse saved the day.

I bet Jamo is chomping at the bit wanting be part of this.

Three phase win. Mr Jack Fox is a great weapon to have given how much our defense will bend in stretches.

Detail and discipline.

Need to see the tape but I don't recall him giving up any of the McLaurin receptions. He's also playing the run really well this year.
He gave up a short reception and missed the tackle but for the most part he looked very good in coverage

In the second half....I thought they were in Quarters there but not certain. The missed tackle was no bueno but overall the team was very disciplined. Only one penalty all day, no drops, very few missed tackles - all three were a problem WK 1.

Victory Monday's are the best.

I thought Jeff Okudah was solid yesterday. I was concerned when he left the game but thankfully it was just cramps.

Another good game from Rodrigo. I still can't believe Holmes found unearthed a player that good in the 6th round.

If Hutch stays healthy he's a solid favorite for DRotY. It's early in the year, let's see if he can maintain some consistency. Obviously whatever the thigh injury is, he was limping significantly when he walked off after the game. Didn't have the same impact after he got hurt, hope it's nothing serious. Kid has quite a motor; he's everything we hoped he would be.

Ben Johnson is everything we hoped he would be. The offense was stalling, four possessions and one first down while Washington got back in the game. Man did we need a play in the worst way, and ARSB's 58 yard reverse saved the day.

Three phase win. Mr Jack Fox is a great weapon to have given how much our defense will bend in stretches.

Detail and discipline.

Hutch's problem is if they game plan for him, he can get nutralized. Eagles game planned for him and Hutch was fairly silent. Hutch got all his monster stats yesterday in the first half, then was shutdown in the second half once the Cammandors made adjustments. Hutch is going to need Harris and others to step up, or offenses will just double him or avoid him.

Detail and discipline.

Hutch's problem is if they game plan for him, he can get nutralized. Eagles game planned for him and Hutch was fairly silent. Hutch got all his monster stats yesterday in the first half, then was shutdown in the second half once the Cammandors made adjustments. Hutch is going to need Harris and others to step up, or offenses will just double him or avoid him.

Little easier to succeed in game planning for him when you have the best offensive line in the league.

I'm fascinated with what this game means for Dan Skipper. He's on his 6th different team, 3rd stint with the Lions, and his 20th NFL contract.

Takes 6 games to accrue a season. Yesterday was his 14th game - first start - so he's paid as a 3rd year Practice Squad player, $15,400 per week or $277,400 for 18 weeks.

Callup = game check. Minimum is $705K, but it bumps up to $825 and $895K after accrued seasons. So his check this week jumps up from $15.4K to $52.6K.

If they sign him to the 53 man, he is guaranteed three game checks.

Mans got twin 1 year old boys at home.

I'm fascinated with what this game means for Dan Skipper. He's on his 6th different team, 3rd stint with the Lions, and his 20th NFL contract.

Takes 6 games to accrue a season. Yesterday was his 14th game - first start - so he's paid as a 3rd year Practice Squad player, $15,400 per week or $277,400 for 18 weeks.

Callup = game check. Minimum is $705K, but it bumps up to $825 and $895K after accrued seasons. So his check this week jumps up from $15.4K to $52.6K.

I have to believe being a tackle that can also play guard has to help him. The position versatility is invaluable. He played very well and he probably only practiced a day or 2 at guard.

I have to believe being a tackle that can also play guard has to help him. The position versatility is invaluable. He played very well and he probably only practiced a day or 2 at guard.

It's hard to say how much the young guys / marginal players were getting reps when we had 85-90 guys in camp, but I know all the starters were taking reps at different OL positions. Fraley has done a great job preparing them for the inevitable adversity, knowing injuries are part of the deal.

That's what mader yesterday so impressive. They were coming off a high intensity game. They've already had five OL injuries in two weeks, four missed man games. Past Lions teams would just fold up and come out flat when the going gets a little bit tough.

It's hard to say how much the young guys / marginal players were getting reps when we had 85-90 guys in camp, but I know all the starters were taking reps at different OL positions. Fraley has done a great job preparing them for the inevitable adversity, knowing injuries are part of the deal.

That's what mader yesterday so impressive. They were coming off a high intensity game. They've already had five OL injuries in two weeks, four missed man games. Past Lions teams would just fold up and come out flat when the going gets a little bit tough.

Goff might be limited in overall physical ability, but he knows the game and where to go with the football. The WR group looks pretty good right now. Not sure Lions needed to trade up for Williams.

Goff might be limited in overall physical ability, but he knows the game and where to go with the football. The WR group looks pretty good right now. Not sure Lions needed to trade up for Williams.
Holmes mentioned WR salaries along with wanting elite playmakers. Personally I loved the trade up. Regardless, I'm excited to see Williams join this offense.

17 TDs 3 INT his last 7 starts. Hasn't thrown for 300 yards in 53 weeks and yesterday 19 of his 20 completions were short passes. He cannot unlock DJ Chark, I don't have much hope he'll elevate Jamo's game. But he is competent most of the time. We have a lot of talent around him and the offensive line and quick passes help him with his confidence. Personally I don't think he'll ever get back to 2017 and 2018 when he was one of the best deep ball passers in the league.

Titans have been successful with Tannehill being efficient while playing smash mouth and above average defense. That's pretty much the mold MCDC is going for - being very physical on both sides of the ball. I'm OK with Jared being the QB next year but I don't want them to pay Goff; from a roster construction view we need a QB on a rookie deal to free up money for UFA down the road. We're not in terrible shape Cap wise but it would help if we were on the bottom end of this list;

1. Aaron Rodgers (Packers): $50.3 million (3-year, $150.8 million contract)
2. Russell Wilson (Broncos): $49 million (5-year, $245 million contract)
3. Kyler Murray (Cardinals): $46.1 million (5-year, $230.5 million contract)
4. Deshaun Watson (Browns): $46 million (5-year $230 million contract)
5. Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs): $45 million (10-year $450 million contract)
6. Josh Allen (Bills): $43 million (6-year $258 million contract)
7. Derek Carr (Raiders): $40.47 million (3-year, $121.4 million contract)
T-8. Dak Prescott (Cowboys): $40 million (4-year, $160 million contract)
T-8. Matt Stafford (Rams): $40 million (4-year $160 million contract)
T-10. Kirk Cousins (Vikings): $35 million (1-year $35 million contract)
11. Jared Goff (Lions): $33.5 million (4-year $134 million contract)
12. Carson Wentz (Commanders): $32 million ($4-year 128 million contract)
13. Matt Ryan (Colts): $30 million (5-year $150 million contract)
14. Ryan Tannehill (Titans): $29.5 million (4-year $118 million contract)
15. Jimmy Garoppolo (49ers): $27.5 million (5-year $137.5 million contract)
16. Tom Brady (Buccaneers): $25 million (1-year contract)
17. Jameis Winston (Saints): $14 million (2-year $28 million contract)
18. Marcus Mariota (Falcons): $9.375 million (2-year $18.75 million contract)
19. Trevor Lawrence (Jaguars): $9.19 million (4-year $36.79 million contract)
20. Joe Burrow (Bengals): $9.04 million (4-year $36.19 million contract)

Goff doesn't make the players around him better. If you keep the pocket clean he can manage the offense. They run the ball extremely well and he'll make enough plays to win. Really cannot complain about anything Ben Johnson is doing right now.

Hutchinson is the fourth youngest player to ever record a 3 sack game, and the first Lions rookie. I don't think that includes Bubba Baker who had 22 sacks as a rookie when it was an unofficial stat. Still, fantastic motor, love that kid.

Holmes mentioned WR salaries along with wanting elite playmakers. Personally I loved the trade up. Regardless, I'm excited to see Williams join this offense.

Obviously ARSB is playing on a very high level, he's a Top Ten WR rn. We are getting some contribution from Josh but D.J. is clicking yet - got blanked on 4 targets yesterday. Kalif and Quintez have been invisible, barely on the field.

I really don't think you can view Jamo as a luxury we didn't really need. We have a competent WR corps but it is by no means complete. It's hard to have too many playmakers. He's more than just a burner, his intermediate route running is outstanding. Can't wait to see him when he's 100%. Which might not be until 2023, but thankfully no setbacks in his rehab so far.

17 TDs 3 INT his last 7 starts. Hasn't thrown for 300 yards in 53 weeks and yesterday 19 of his 20 completions were short passes. He cannot unlock DJ Chark, I don't have much hope he'll elevate Jamo's game. But he is competent most of the time. We have a lot of talent around him and the offensive line and quick passes help him with his confidence. Personally I don't think he'll ever get back to 2017 and 2018 when he was one of the best deep ball passers in the league.

Titans have been successful with Tannehill being efficient while playing smash mouth and above average defense. That's pretty much the mold MCDC is going for - being very physical on both sides of the ball. I'm OK with Jared being the QB next year but I don't want them to pay Goff; from a roster construction view we need a QB on a rookie deal to free up money for UFA down the road. We're not in terrible shape Cap wise but it would help if we were on the bottom end of this list;

Goff doesn't make the players around him better. If you keep the pocket clean he can manage the offense. They run the ball extremely well and he'll make enough plays to win. Really cannot complain about anything Ben Johnson is doing right now.

Hutchinson is the fourth youngest player to ever record a 3 sack game, and the first Lions rookie. I don't think that includes Bubba Baker who had 22 sacks as a rookie when it was an unofficial stat. Still, fantastic motor, love that kid.

Maybe they should have just kept Stafford. :shrug:

**** no

Much better off starting with a clean slate & molding the team the way Holmes / DC envision it. Keep Matthew - then it’s all about giving him weapons and making him comfortable and getting his buy in.

Honestly the locker room is such a breath of fresh air rn. Wouldn’t want to change it. Great having young players that don’t know any better.

Love Staff and his family, happy he got his ring; we got a decent return, and the new regime were free to do what they wanted. Can be limiting and a real pain in the *** having to cater to the face of the franchise.

ETA: big fan of the investments in both lines and the defense. We’ve gone pretty much stand pat + bargain basement on offense, and that’s fine bc of the commitment to building/maintaining a great OL. Ditto for the DL, just now starting to see the dividends.

**** no

Much better off starting with a clean slate & molding the team the way Holmes / DC envision it. Keep Matthew - then it’s all about giving him weapons and making him comfortable and getting his buy in.

Honestly the locker room is such a breath of fresh air rn. Wouldn’t want to change it. Great having young players that don’t know any better.

Love Staff and his family, happy he got his ring; we got a decent return, and the new regime were free to do what they wanted. Can be limiting and a real pain in the *** having to cater to the face of the franchise.

ETA: big fan of the investments in both lines and the defense. We’ve gone pretty much stand pat + bargain basement on offense, and that’s fine bc of the commitment to building/maintaining a great OL. Ditto for the DL, just now starting to see the dividends.

I was just kidding. Right now the team would be no better or worse with Stafford. Plus the old baggage is gone as Lions have a clean slate.

So Detroit has Minnesota next. After playing the Eagles in week 1 they'll get to sit back and watch how the Eagles attack the Vikings tonight.

As an Eagles fan, I understand you want to keep expectations low but IMO the Lions are a fun team to watch this year. Enjoy!!!

Chark's on a 1-year deal. If he works out, he probably wants more money than the Lions want to pay next year. Jamo is his replacement.

MCDC Monday presser:

Watching the tape, the key sequence was the sack/fumble for a safety following by the long return on the free kick, led to TD. That was 9 quick points and they won by 9.

Said he studies explosive runs league wide after every season and the common denominators are fast, elusive running backs & wide receivers blocking downfield. **smirk** “We got the right guys”

Early win “without all our bullets” is validation they’re headed in the right direction.

Guys are getting better at communication & discipline on D but still need to work on cleaning it up more.

Praised Fraley for not only developing lineman by teaching, but also really pushing them to pull it out of them. Great motivator.

Injuries
Cominsky - hand, being examined
Hutchinson - thigh bruise, tender but not serious
Charles Harris - sore, feels better
Oruwariye, Ragnow - both feel better, day to day
Jonah Jackson - about where he was a few days ago, no improvement; see where he is at midweek, if he can function with it.

Bubba Baker was born Dec 9, 1956. In his rookie year of 1978, he logged the following games:

Sept 9: 3 sacks vs TB
OCT. 10: 4 Sacks vs. SD
Nov. 12: 5 Sacks vs. TB

Baker was still 21 when he recorded all those. Hutch turned 22 before the season...Aug. 9th.

Bubba Baker was born Dec 9, 1956. In his rookie year of 1978, he logged the following games:

Sept 9: 3 sacks vs TB
OCT. 10: 4 Sacks vs. SD
Nov. 12: 5 Sacks vs. TB

Baker was still 21 when he recorded all those. Hutch turned 22 before the season...Aug. 9th.

Nice work, Jon. I knew that didn’t sound right but technically correct - the Baker stats have never been official.

Snap Counts

Offense

Quarterbacks

Jared Goff: 61 (100% of offensive snaps)

Running backs

D’Andre Swift: 31 (51%)
Jamaal Williams: 21 (34%)
Craig Reynolds: 9 (15%) — 11 special teams snaps (34%)
Justin Jackson: 0 (0%) — 22 (69%)

The Lions did indeed limit Swift’s pitch count due to his injured ankle, but maybe not as much as you’d think considering he only had seven touches in the game. He still played over 50 percent of the snaps on Sunday.

Jamaal Williams led the group in touches, getting 13 in just 21 snaps—a ridiculously high percentage for the Lions’ backup running back.

Notably, Craig Reynolds was the team’s RB3 on Sunday, and he was efficient (5.3 YPC) in his three touches.

Tight ends

T.J. Hockenson: 54 (89%)
Brock Wright: 22 (36%) — 12 (38%)
Shane Zylstra: 10 (16%) — 13 (41%)

The Lions went a little more tight end heavy this week, and the reasoning is likely obvious. For one, Detroit was likely looking for some extra help on their beat-up offensive line. Secondly, the Commanders are a team that doesn’t cover the middle of the field particularly well, so Detroit likely believed their tight ends provided a mismatch for them.

The production in the pass game was a bit underwhelming (four catches, 51 yards), but they remain an important part of this team’s identity, both in the passing game and as run blockers.

Wide receivers

Amon-Ra St. Brown: 52 (85%) — 1 (3%)
Josh Reynolds: 44 (72%) — 1 (3%)
DJ Chark: 40 (66%)
Quintez Cephus: 6 (10%) — 15 (47%)
Kalif Raymond: 6 (10%) — 8 (25%)

St. Brown continues to lead the way in snaps among wide receivers, and he continues to warrant every single one of those. It may be surprising to see Chark have such a limited involvement, but it’s clear he’s still finding his way in this offense and developing chemistry with Goff.

That said, kudos to both Quintez Cephus and Kalif Raymond for making the most of their opportunities. Cephus not only had a key block on St. Brown’s huge end around but tallied two special teams tackles, as well. Raymond’s big punt return sparked Detroit’s first touchdown drive. Both got a shoutout from coach Dan Campbell after the game, which could warrant more playing time down the line.

Offensive tackles

Taylor Decker: 61 (100%)
Penei Sewell: 61 (100%) — 6 (19%)
Matt Nelson: 10 (16%) — 6 (19%)

Nothing new here. The Lions continue to regularly use Matt Nelson as the sixth offensive lineman, and that was likely even more important on a day in which the Lions started three reserve interior offensive linemen.

Guards/centers

Logan Stenberg: 61 (100%) — 6 (19%)
Dan Skipper: 61 (100%) — 6 (19%)
Evan Brown: 61 (100%) — 6 (19%)
Kayode Awosika: 0 (0%) — 6 (19%)

Game ball to this entire group. It wasn’t the prettiest performance from this trio, but they played far above expectations against a talented group of Commanders interior defenders.

Mildly interesting: the Lions used Kayode Awosika—added just this week—over Drew Forbes on special teams. That’s probably not a great sign for Forbes’ future on this team.

Defense

EDGE:

Aidan Hutchinson: 60 (81%) — 2 (6%)
Charles Harris: 52 (70%) — 2 (6%)
Julian Okwara: 33 (45%) — 2 (6%)
John Cominsky: 31 (42%) — 2 (6%)

That’s a pretty huge workload again for Aidan Hutchinson, despite the fact that he was clearly playing on an injured leg for the majority of the second half. But it’s also worth noting the increased playing time for the reserves. The reason for that is pretty obvious: Detroit found themselves in a lot more obvious passing situations, allowing them to utilize their NASCAR package—which basically means throwing every passer rusher you have out there in one formation.

The team didn’t really ease Julian Okwara in, giving the third-year outside linebacker a healthy 33 snaps in his 2022 debut.

DT:

Alim McNeill: 44 (59%)
Isaiah Buggs: 40 (54%)
Michael Brockers: 25 (34%)
Benito Jones: 22 (30%)

In case you were wondering if Michael Brockers’ decreased role last week against the Eagles was a game-plan-specific anomaly, this pretty much confirms that Brockers—despite being a captain of this team—is essentially a role player right now. While that should certainly be considered disappointing considering how much the Lions are paying him, it should also be considered a feather in the cap of nose tackle Isaiah Buggs, who is playing pretty darn well.

Linebackers

Alex Anzalone: 67 (91%) — 2 (6%)
Malcolm Rodriguez: 54 (73%) — 10 (31%)
Chris Board: 16 (22%) — 25 (78%)
Anthony Pittman: 2 (3%) — 13 (41%)
Josh Woods: 0 (0%) — 23 (72%)
Derrick Barnes: 0 (0%) — 13 (41%)

After playing 22 snaps last week, Derrick Barnes was relegated to just special teams on Sunday, with even practice squad elevated Anthony Pittman getting a couple snaps in the game. While that has to be considered disappointing for the Lions’ 2021 fourth-round pick, it also speaks to the continued rise of “Rodrigo,” whose stellar play has essentially earned him a fixed, full-time role on defense.

It’s also interesting to see Chris Board with a significant role. The Lions like him best as a third-down option, capable of both blitzing (1 QB hit on Sunday) and dropping into coverage.

Cornerbacks

Will Harris: 74 (100%) — 8 (25%)
Mike Hughes: 67 (91%) — 1 (3%)
Jeff Okudah: 63 (85%)
Bobby Price: 15 (20%) — 25 (78%)
Chase Lucas: 2 (3%) — 13 (41%)

The Lions were in nickel for nearly the entire game, which is notable for two different reasons. For one, it shows that the Lions had confidence in their defensive front stopping the run without committing extra resources to it. Of course, the Commanders spent most of the day playing from behind in obvious passing situations, so that likely dictated some of Detroit’s strategy.

With Jeff Okudah dealing with cramps again, Bobby Price stepped in and played admirably, even notching an interception on one of Washington’s two-point conversion attempts. And a big congratulations to Chase Lucas on his first career NFL game, and he even got two defensive snaps out of it!

Safety

Tracy Walker: 74 (100%) — 8 (25%)
DeShon Elliott: 73 (99%) — 1 (3%)
JuJu Hughes: 0 (0%) — 21 (66%)
Kerby Joseph: 0 (0%) — 16 (50%)

After getting ejected last week, Walker made for certain he wasn’t going to leave the field in Week 2. Elliott wasn’t far behind, missing just a single snap.

One thing to keep in mind about this group is that Ifeatu Melifonwu is likely very close to returning to the lineup. It will be interesting to see how he fits into Detroit’s weekly game plan with them relying so heavily on their two starters. Will they carve out a role for him, or will he have to earn his way onto the field through special teams?

Special teams

Austin Seibert: 13 (41%)
Jack Fox: 11 (34%)
Scott Daly: 11 (34%)

Special teams are a thing, too.

Source: Pride of Detroit blog

PFF grades are in for the Lions.

Malcolm Rodriguez ranked third among all defenders against the run in Week 2, so far. Chris Board, John Cominsky, Will Harris top 3 graded Lions defenders.

Taylor Decker ranked 3rd among all tackles. Evan Brown drew rave reviews for pass pro.

PFF grades: Lions CB Will Harris delivers in relief of Amani Oruwariye​

DETROIT -- Detroit Lions cornerback Will Harris didn’t have a perfect game, getting beat downfield for a 40-yard catch, but he did more good than bad in relief of Amani Oruwariye.

Harris has taken his lumps through his four seasons in Detroit. But he’s continued to show a better grip at cornerback than he did at safety through his first two years and change around these parts. Pro Football Focus ranked Harris as the team’s second-best defender and top-ranked defensive back. Harris was tied for the team lead with eight tackles, adding one for loss and a key interception in the team’s 36-27 win against the Washington Commanders.

PFF credited Harris for allowing three catches on six targets in coverage for 45 yards and one touchdown. He allowed only three yards after the catch, with Carson Wentz averaging a passer rating of 75.0 when throwing his way. He was strong across the board, slotting fifth against the run, third in tackling and tied for ninth in coverage. As things stand, the analytics site ranks him seventh among cornerbacks with enough snaps to qualify for Week 2.

Harris made a diving interception after Wentz’s pass for tight end Logan Thomas was too high. It was a heads-up play, with the ball ricocheting off safety Tracy Walker, with Harris ready for the bounce. Washington had the ball at Detroit’s 47-yard line in a 22-7 game in the third quarter at the time of the takeaway. Jeff Okudah said that’s a play they know Harris can make, adding that it sent energy through their room of cornerbacks.

“Huge. Huge. Listen, one of the big things we talked about and put another emphasis on, you know, you emphasize it, you emphasize it, and it’s like all right, we got to emphasize it a different way,” Lions head coach Dan Campbell said. “It was about turnovers, and we got that. I mean, look, the sack fumble, essentially in the end zone, that’s a turnover. I mean, you know we get two out of it, and then Will Harris. Yeah, they were getting a little momentum and to get that, I felt like kind of reset us a little bit. Gave us a chance to breathe and it proved to be a big play. It really did. And look, I said going into this game, man, I wanted to do something. I wanted us to be the team that forced somebody to make the critical error, and we did that. We did that on the extra point. So, however, you want to cut it, man, we made the plays that we had to, to win this.”

-- Malcolm Rodriguez ranks third among all defenders against the run in Week 2 before Monday night’s games. The sixth-round rookie was the team’s highest-graded defender in the season opener. Rodriguez slotted fourth on Detroit’s defense against the Commanders, per PFF. But his work against the run will sit among the elite from the weekend. Rodriguez was tied for the team lead with eight tackles, adding one quarterback hit. The “Rodrigo” hype train steamrolls ahead into Week 3.Alex Anzalone played 91% of the defensive snaps, while Rodriguez handled 73%. That’s a tighter rotation, with Chris Board coming on for only 16 reps.

-- D’Andre Swift led the backfield in snaps while playing through an ankle injury. Swift had 31 plays, with Jamaal Williams (21) and Craig Reynolds (nine) working into the rotation. Williams had 12 carries for 53 yards. Swift ran five times for 56 yards, adding two catches for 31 yards and one touchdown. Reynolds made the most of his looks, with three attempts for 16 yards and one catch for 13 yards. PFF ranked Swift 23rd among all running backs in Week 2.

-- Taylor Decker was a rock for the team’s banged-up offensive line. He’s ranked third among all tackles this week so far. His run blocking is ranked sixth, and his pass protection slots third. He was credited with allowing one pressure and one hit against the Commanders’ stout defensive line. Evan Brown picked up where he left off last year in relief of Frank Ragnow. He was strong in pass protection, not allowing any pressure from the inside. He ranked fourth among all centers in that department. Logan Stenberg’s pass-blocking grade improved from 0.0 to 4.0 this week. He was docked for allowing six pressures, three hits, two hurries and one sack. Makeshift guard Dan Skipper received solid marks on the ground -- as seen on Swift’s 50-yard run -- while allowing three pressures, two hurries and one sack.

-- John Cominsky has proven to be a reliable hand for the defensive line rotation. He’s the team’s second-highest-ranked defender out of this victory, with strong all-around grades. “The Commish” was credited with a whopping seven pressures created and one sack across 31 snaps.

-- Jared Goff’s PFF grade wasn’t elite by any means. But he’s tied for sixth overall and ranked eighth in the passing department. The quarterback averaged 7.0 completed air yards per attempt, with 8.6 intended air yards per attempt. He had only one turnover-worthy play, with two big-time throws. T.J. Hockenson was docked for two drops, while Swift had one too.

ETA: MLive link

How does Aiden Hutchinson only get a 57.7 from PFF for week 2? Hutchinson absolutely dominated the first half. Leading the team in quarterback hits, sacks, tackles and tackles for loss.

I think the Eagles are the best team in the NFC. They seem to be handling the Vikings. They are no Buffalo or KC, but Hurts has been dismantling the Minnesota defense. That week one loss may not look bad in hindsight.

How does Aiden Hutchinson only get a 57.7 from PFF for week 2? Hutchinson absolutely dominated the first half. Leading the team in quarterback hits, sacks, tackles and tackles for loss.
That's a good question. I'm not very impressed with their scores this year.

I’m impressed with my $19 Chinese knockoff Hutchinson 97 that arrived today. Got the Honolulu blue perfect, sleeve piping matches my authentic Rodriguez 44. Stitching on the name isn’t as seamless as the real deal, but overall not bad. $110 cheaper than my Rodrigo.

Where is Detroit going to land in this weeks Power Rankings?

26+?
21-25?
16-20?

21-25...it will take a couple more wins before the Lions get respect.

not sure where we'll be, haven't had any reason to pay attention to power rankings for five years

but just noticed in the PFR SRS we are #7

not suggesting we are playoff bound or top ten, but I have a feeling most rankings won't reflect what happened in the first two weeks or the direction this club is headed

That's a good question. I'm not very impressed with their scores this year.

They're trash.

Anyway....

Top PFF-graded offensive players

• Amon-Ra St. Brown -- 87.7
  • Taylor Decker -- 81.8
  • Brock Wright -- 73.5
  • Josh Reynolds -- 68.5
  • Evan Brown -- 68.4
  • Dan Skipper -- 66.8
Top PFF-graded defensive players

• Chris Board-- 79.5
  • John Cominsky -- 78.9
  • Will Harris -- 76.5
  • Malcolm Rodriguez -- 74.2
  • Tracy Walker -- 71.2
Worst PFF-graded offensive players

• Matt Nelson -- 53.4
  • T.J. Hockenson-- 50.1
  • Shane Zylstra -- 48.3
  • DJ Chark-- 47.0
  • Logan Stenberg -- 43.6
Worst PFF-graded defensive players

• Aidan Hutchinson -- 57.7
  • Isaiah Buggs -- 57.7
  • DeShon Elliott -- 53.3
  • Benito Jones -- 52.7
  • Charles Harris -- 49.8

Buggs is surprise so far. Didn't think he would be this involved, 80 snaps the first two weeks. Then again I didn't think Brockers would regress to a rotational backup. He's *(Buggs) essentially taken the role we hoped Levi Onwuzurike would grow into this year.

I guess the PFF grades reflect the duality of the defense - suffocating in the first half, forced six punts, gave up four long TD drives in the second half. But Harris and Hutchinson were tremendous in the first half.

I have to think Hutchinson will be defensive player of the week. :thumbup:
Looks like Slay will probably get it.

He should - 5 PDs and 2 INTs

Happy 28th birthday to Dan Skipper. Something tells me this will be one of his better ones.

Swift 50 yarder vs WAS

Check it out 0:06 - after chipping Decker's man - he and Zylstra have the whole left side walled off - he engages his man in the second level, drives him back 18 yards while Swift slides by and runs to daylight.

If they sign him to the 53 man this week, he'll be the 7th oldest player on the roster. Brockers is 31, Decker is 29, and Anzalone, Daly (LS), Raymond, Sudfield are the other old (28) men.

Users who are viewing this thread