What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - waiting to see some football! (2 Viewers)

The Raiders reworked the contract of three-time Pro Bowl DE Maxx Crosby to give him a $6 million raise for the upcoming season, per league sources.

The team also moved an additional $1.2 million into 2025.

The Raiders wanted to reward their leader, culture setter, and one of the best players in the league with the intent of keeping him in Las Vegas for years to come. No new years were added to Crosby’s deal, meaning the 26-year-old still has three years left on his current contract.
Via: Adam Schefter

The Raiders reworked the contract of three-time Pro Bowl DE Maxx Crosby to give him a $6 million raise for the upcoming season, per league sources.

The Raiders wanted to reward their leader, culture setter, and one of the best players in the league with the intent of keeping him in Las Vegas for years to come. No new years were added to Crosby’s deal, meaning the 26-year-old still has three years left on his current contract.
well deserved

dude played hurt all season, even when the games meant nothing, other than just trying to win . This is why i think its crazy when people say players and teams will lose on purpose for a better draft pick...say that to guys like Maxx and see what they say .

Last edited:

well deserved

dude played hurt all season, even when the games meant nothing, other than just trying to win . This is why i think its crazy when people say players and teams will lose on purpose for a better draft pick...say that to guys like Maxx and see what they say .
Players and coaches don't lose games on purpose - front offices do.

well deserved

Exactly. You lose by moving out talent, not asking the talent to give less than 100%.

well deserved

well there's a population of fans that believe players and teams lose on purpose, personally i think its ridiculous

I love what the pay raise for Maxx does.

First, it reinforced his leadership. He shows what you have to do to be elite and does it consistently which is work hard and doesn't stop. He has started to become more vocal on the team as well. This echoes everything that other see and hear from him with the organization saying that you follow his lead, we will reward you.

Second, it didn't extend any years or anything but you have to believe that this wins a ton of goodwill from Maxx so when contract negoitations for an extension start, we are getting off to a good start from both sides.

Third, it tells Free Agents that if you come to Vegas and you ball out- we will get your back.

Finally, I love how this organization is really all about the "Once a Raider, always a Raider" with reverence for our history, mystic and people who were apart of it all. Davis going immediately to the Allegiant to light the flame for Otto instead of sending out some PR release means a lot to me. The way that they have the old guard guys come around a lot and involved, means a lot to me. Paying our best player more money when you didn't have to.... follows that same mindset.

Has there been another occasion of a player getting a pay raise like this without extending their contract?

well deserved

well there's a population of fans that believe players and teams lose on purpose, personally i think its ridiculous

Agreed. The closest I can get to players losing on purpose are when they stop playing for a HC. But that is more a level of effort put forward than a will to lose, imo.

well deserved

Agreed. The closest I can get to players losing on purpose are when they stop playing for a HC. But that is more a level of effort put forward than a will to lose, imo.
Us Raider fans have never seen that before though.

well deserved

Us Raider fans have never seen that before though.
A rolling stone gathers no Moss

It's official, plane tickets and hotel reserved for the Broncos game on 11/24!

All that's left is to get the tickets! Pumped!
If you have time, I would get the Allegiant tour... but if you do it after the game, you won't be able to get on the field because they will be doing the change over on it.

If you have time, I would get the Allegiant tour... but if you do it after the game, you won't be able to get on the field because they will be doing the change over on it.
I'm arriving later on Saturday, so I guess that's unlikely then. Leaving on Tuesday.

I'm arriving later on Saturday, so I guess that's unlikely then. Leaving on Tuesday.
You can go Monday. I went the day after the game as well. The only thing that was a little bit of a bumper was not being able to walk on to the field as they were changing it over.

So I just read that AOC ran a 4.7 forty at his pro day. That is super fast for a normal human, and decently fast for even an NFL QB, especially one with stone shoes. Maybe there is some hope here for the guy to develop more mobility than we (I) might have thought.
If anyone thinks he isnt working on his mobility than those people should go back to sleep , we`ll wake you when the season starts
He`s in fact working hard on his footwork

OK, so I know to wait on tickets based on the awesome info posted earlier. Which seats should I be looking at. I know some mentioned club seats, but how do I know which seats are cub seats? Thanks

OK, so I know to wait on tickets based on the awesome info posted earlier. Which seats should I be looking at. I know some mentioned club seats, but how do I know which seats are cub seats? Thanks
I believe all the club seats have C in front of the number. The club seats are the section nearest the field stretching from about the 15 yard line to the other 15 yard line on both sides. So, C133 row 10 is the club section 10 rows up.

IIRC, the game I went to I was in C132 row 4.

You’ll know by the price. 😂

Just do a little digging and you’ll see which sections have access. There’s not really a bad seat in the house. Club is just fun if you can swing it.

Minshew was asked what played has stood out for him either on offense or defense. Without a hesitation he said Wilkins. Saying that he is always flying around the ball.... along the lines of if he isn't there just wait a second and he will be there.

I am so dang excited about his addition to this defense.

Minshew was asked what played has stood out for him either on offense or defense. Without a hesitation he said Wilkins. Saying that he is always flying around the ball.... along the lines of if he isn't there just wait a second and he will be there.

Wilkins is going to make Maxx even better and vice versa

Wilkins is going to make Maxx even better and vice versa
With the emergence of Koonce, we have three studs on that line for sure. We have several DT's that are good pieces to move in and out with and then if Wilson makes strides to live up to his draft slot then wow.... I mean... wow. We will be killing fool's left and right. I can't wait to see the outrageous holds that the blind refs let go by when some of these linemen are stuck on Crosby or Wilkins one on one.

With the emergence of Koonce, we have three studs on that line for sure.
He didn't really get the publicity his performance warranted, because he was a late round guy who took a lil while to bloom for a mid team. But he was an impact player down the stretch. I am not sure I would take Bryce Huff over him, who just got paid, and had ONE more sack than Koonce.

With the emergence of Koonce, we have three studs on that line for sure.
He didn't really get the publicity his performance warranted, because he was a late round guy who took a lil while to bloom for a mid team. But he was an impact player down the stretch. I am not sure I would take Bryce Huff over him, who just got paid, and had ONE more sack than Koonce.
And when you look at his snap counts last season it is even more impressive for the year he had. He averaged 44% of defensive snaps but was mostly around 30-40% snaps until very late in the season. He did not play more than half of the defensive snaps until week 13. He had two sacks before that week.... after it he grabbed his 6. He will be much more part of the defense all season long. And again, if Wilson make strides to be close to what expectations were of him going into the draft.... wow, that is an awesome rotation that will destroy offenses.

And now I see Koonce is a FA after this year. That's interesting, in a not great way.

If I am team Koonce, I don't sign. He's going to want Huff money.

And now I see Koonce is a FA after this year. That's interesting, in a not great way.

If I am team Koonce, I don't sign. He's going to want Huff money.
I’d wait too. But maybe just maybe they start winning. The culture is killer and they get him to re-up early. It’s a good problem to have.

Xavien Howard accused of sending a sexually explicit photo of a woman to her underage son.

So....take him off your list.

We'd be smart to offer him a 1 year $14M extension fully guaranteed. He's only earned $3.5M on his rookie deal so that's life-changing money and it's only locking him in for one year so he can still cash in while plenty young. If he goes out and puts up 4.5 sacks this year he's not sniffing that payday. Chase Young just got a 1 year $13M deal but he's got a much stronger pedigree and has injury as an excuse - he still had 8 sacks last year playing with a loaded defense and on the road to recovery.

Darrell Taylor from the prior draft class went 0, 7, 10, and 6 sacks and just signed a 1 year $3.2M deal. Josh Uche went 1, 3, 12, 3 and signed for $3M.

We'd be smart to offer him a 1 year $14M extension fully guaranteed. He's only earned $3.5M on his rookie deal so that's life-changing money and it's only locking him in for one year so he can still cash in while plenty young. If he goes out and puts up 4.5 sacks this year he's not sniffing that payday. Chase Young just got a 1 year $13M deal but he's got a much stronger pedigree and has injury as an excuse - he still had 8 sacks last year playing with a loaded defense and on the road to recovery.

Darrell Taylor from the prior draft class went 0, 7, 10, and 6 sacks and just signed a 1 year $3.2M deal. Josh Uche went 1, 3, 12, 3 and signed for $3M.

The way the Eagles structured Huff's deal, I would sign up for this right now.

Jacobs had some things to say on the Chris Long podcast. Takling about coming from Alabama and going to the championship every year then losing his first game he was upset and not talking to anyone... a vet came to him and said "This is the NFL, you are going to lose." and his response was "You guys cool with losing?"

Then talking about working hard and not seeing results then he decided 'ya'll want me to take a discount and lose? I don't know how I feel about that."

He had a rough few years with the Raiders and I don't fault him for taking more money but it sounds like he already checked out on the team. I am even happier now we held our ground on what we would pay him and him leaving.

From what I'm reading it's O'Connell, not Minshew. I'm not saying it will stay that way, but it could.....
AP said that O'Connell had the edge at the start. I think AP is the type that you can pretty much taken him at his word.... he doesn't strike me as someone who will say things because he is playing some game or being PR about it. The defense has been performing better than the offense under either but that is also to be expected to a degree as our defense is legit and we are learning a new offensive system. I do think O'Connell has the lean lead right now but Minshew is certainly within striking distance. It might come down to whoever shows they have the mastery of the system the most as they both have very opposing strengths and weaknesses from one another.

Xavien Howard accused of sending a sexually explicit photo of a woman to her underage son.

So....take him off your list.
Don't get your hopes up for any vet CB addition...

The Raiders have two starters locked in at cornerback with Jack Jones on the outside and Nate Hobbs at nickelback. The other outside corner job, though, is up for grabs. Seven-year veteran Brandon Facyson and second-year man Jakorian Bennett have been rotating with the starting lineup during OTAs.

Facyson was injured for most of last season, and Bennett struggled to stay healthy and didn’t perform well when he was on the field, so it would seem to make sense to pursue a proven veteran option in free agency. The most notable players available are Stephon Gilmore, Xavien Howard, Patrick Peterson, Ahkello Witherspoon, Steven Nelson and Adoree’ Jackson.

Perhaps there’s an upgrade among that group, but the Raiders have been lukewarm on the cornerbacks available in free agency. Their sentiment is that most of the players still on the market may provide a marginal improvement over what they already have, but that they are older and will likely continue to decline this season.

The preference is for the coaching staff to develop someone already on the roster into a capable starter this season. Bennett, who’ll be only 24 this fall, has been praised by coaches and could improve in year two.

The sentiment now is that the Raiders won't be doing much in vet additions holding their money (6th most available under the cap in the league) for roster adjustments and likely restructing/extending players.

The Raiders have seven projected starters going into the final year of their contracts: defensive tackle John Jenkins, defensive end Malcolm Koonce, linebackers Robert Spillane and Divine Deablo, Hobbs and safeties Marcus Epps and Tre’von Moehrig. They’ll likely be looking to sign extensions with at least some of them either this year or next.

On top of that, there are a few players under contract beyond this season who are set to have massive cap hits in 2025. Receiver Davante Adams leads the way at $44.1 million, Wilkins is second at $33.8 million and edge rusher Maxx Crosby is at about $28.2 million. Restructuring at least one of those deals feels likely.

Jacobs had some things to say on the Chris Long podcast. Takling about coming from Alabama and going to the championship every year then losing his first game he was upset and not talking to anyone... a vet came to him and said "This is the NFL, you are going to lose." and his response was "You guys cool with losing?"

Then talking about working hard and not seeing results then he decided 'ya'll want me to take a discount and lose? I don't know how I feel about that."

He had a rough few years with the Raiders and I don't fault him for taking more money but it sounds like he already checked out on the team. I am even happier now we held our ground on what we would pay him and him leaving.
It was absolutely the right decision. Even if Zeus isn’t great. This team needs as much help as possible. Not sinking big money into the rb position is smart

The sentiment now is that the Raiders won't be doing much in vet additions holding their money (6th most available under the cap in the league) for roster adjustments and likely restructing/extending players.
There's no FA out there I would prefer over re-signing over Koonce, Moehrig, Spillane, or Deable.

The rollover dollars could be the difference in keeping or letting go of an Epps or Spillane.

It's early for extension talk, that's more of a July August thing, but I'll take a re-signed player over Gilmore, or one of these other stiffs.

It was absolutely the right decision. Even if Zeus isn’t great. This team needs as much help as possible. Not sinking big money into the rb position is smart
Yea, before it was 'well, that sucks but I am glad we didn't over pay him to keep him' but hearing him talk, I think it was time for him to move on. It is understandable and I have no ill will towards him after all, he went through hell during his time with the Raiders.... I mean.... the Antonio Brown drama in his rookie year, the Ruggs incident and Chuckie blowing up, going from a universally loved temp HC to perhaps one of the hated in all of sports, and I think that is just the low lights. :lmao: It has been a rough time for him with the Raiders. Sometimes it is just right to move on.

From what I'm reading it's O'Connell, not Minshew. I'm not saying it will stay that way, but it could.....
AP said that O'Connell had the edge at the start. I think AP is the type that you can pretty much taken him at his word.... he doesn't strike me as someone who will say things because he is playing some game or being PR about it. The defense has been performing better than the offense under either but that is also to be expected to a degree as our defense is legit and we are learning a new offensive system. I do think O'Connell has the lean lead right now but Minshew is certainly within striking distance. It might come down to whoever shows they have the mastery of the system the most as they both have very opposing strengths and weaknesses from one another.
AP is old school. AOC is the incumbent. It’s his job to lose. We’ll see once they get further along.

There's no FA out there I would prefer over re-signing over Koonce, Moehrig, Spillane, or Deable.

The rollover dollars could be the difference in keeping or letting go of an Epps or Spillane.

It's early for extension talk, that's more of a July August thing, but I'll take a re-signed player over Gilmore, or one of these other stiffs.
Yea, I like the approach. Telesco has said he is more about developing for long term (AP is opposite but trying to adjust to the vision). It really is the way that the teams that are consistently contenders operate. Draft, retain and use FA to supplement. I am happy with Wilkins being the outlier of it but the rest, maybe other than arguably Minshew, really fell into that thinking. And going for the most part BPA in the draft is another way for long term success.

Yea, I like the approach. Telesco has said he is more about developing for long term (AP is opposite but trying to adjust to the vision). It really is the way that the teams that are consistently contenders operate. Draft, retain and use FA to supplement. I am happy with Wilkins being the outlier of it but the rest, maybe other than arguably Minshew, really fell into that thinking. And going for the most part BPA in the draft is another way for long term success.
I was just watching a podcast, Tape Don't Lie, I think it was.

These were some pretty reasonable dudes, and even they were mildly complaining the Raiders weren't planning on more FA moves. In gthe abstract, everyone likes the ideal of being smart with your money, but once you have 30 mill in cap space, everyone is thinking about how to spend it right now.

I DO like the Marshon Lattimore trade conspiracy theory tho. That's fun.

I was just watching a podcast, Tape Don't Lie, I think it was.

These were some pretty reasonable dudes, and even they were mildly complaining the Raiders weren't planning on more FA moves. In gthe abstract, everyone likes the ideal of being smart with your money, but once you have 30 mill in cap space, everyone is thinking about how to spend it right now.

I DO like the Marshon Lattimore trade conspiracy theory tho. That's fun.
?
I am not familiar with this. Pray tell.

I am not familiar with this. Pray tell.
So the Saints have some real problems, cap-wise, and tagging Lattimore next year might be really really hard.

They re-did his deal in January, added a void year, and actually made him more trade-able. Very possible the Saints cannot re-sign Lattimore.

AP is old school. AOC is the incumbent. It’s his job to lose. We’ll see once they get further along.
Reports out of camp is even Minshew said AOC is killing it, The words laser sharp were being thrown around and i also read AOC is taking command of the huddles and is vocal during practice , hes becoming a leader .

Reports out of camp is even Minshew said AOC is killing it, The words laser sharp were being thrown around and i also read AOC is taking command of the huddles and is vocal during practice , hes becoming a leader .
Heard he has been in Vegas working basically the whole off season

Heard he has been in Vegas working basically the whole off season
I call this the Maxx effect, but add in the hyper positivity of AP and its no wonder this team is riding a wave of good vibes and hard work . I cant wait to see it translate onto the field . I keep thinking about the game they got shut out and embarrassed, then the following week they scored the most points in team history ...they took that loss real personal and actually used that feeling and turned it into a positive wave and drowned the Chargers with team effort...the Raiders are building something special here.

Users who are viewing this thread