What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (13 Viewers)

Just take BPA along OL or DL or a ready-to-start stud CB in rd 1 (unless your perceived franchise QB is available). All other positions matter much less, except perhaps elite alpha WR, if one falls (big 3 probably won't, so gimme Bren & Jerry's Rice in rd 3.)

I am good with several OT prospects but am most intrgiued by a trade down or three to select Jax Powers Johnson, who may have the best combo of safe floor and big upside in this class.

Tony Pauline
@TonyPauline
Texas DT Byron Murphy has official 30 visits set up with the
@Vikings and @Raiders
I’m all for making the Dline a super-strength as long as they address RT as well.
They could draft Murphy then take a Olineman in round 2 and maybe sign a vet like Steph Gilmore to solidify the CBs. I wouldn’t be mad at that plan.
I’m not expecting any miracles at QB, they might be rolling with O’Connell and Minshew and drafting a day 3 project. Which would be ok, as long as they build those trenches.

Four QBs minimum and three WRS are going to be taken before we pick. That means there is going to be some high end talent there at 13 at DL, OL and CB. I'm fine taking any of those positions. The one thing I don't want is QB at 13.

Last edited:
I saw a "summary" of an interview with Telesco on FB... I searched for the actual interview and could not find it so this could be BS but.... the general points were that Dline is a priority and they are not done with. Would like to bookend the young CB room with vets, a #1 and then someone that is depth. Believe Munford can play RT but would like bring someone in to compete with him, possibly move him to G. Really likes the left side of the line with Miller, Parham, and James. A few other things but that is what I remember.

One thing that I was get a kick out of... it is trendy to say that you want the BPA. But then MOST people will say "well... not THAT BPA... I want the BPA of this position or that position."

It reminds me of Inigo Montoya "You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"

One thing that I was get a kick out of... it is trendy to say that you want the BPA. But then MOST people will say "well... not THAT BPA... I want the BPA of this position or that position."

It reminds me of Inigo Montoya "You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"

BPA, while priortizing certain positions over others - not due to particular team need - but by the relative value/cost of those positions on the NFL FA market and/or general relative importance to the construction of a football team.

For me those are in order,

QB
OT
DT
Edge
Outside WR
CB
C
G
RB
TE
Slot DB
S
LB
Slot WR

BPA and our need at OLine seem to be aligning nicely for us this year.

Teams drafting at 13 frequently have enough needs that BPA aligns nicely with them and we hit this in spades this year. Almost anyone named in consensus top 20 mocks/rankings would fit need for us. As long as we don't take a pure S or second-tier WR we'll be fine. What we need to avoid is filling a need with nowhere-near-BPA picks and those will be bigger risks on days 2 and 3.

I think the key though is don't bypass a BPA just because he isn't high on the need list. If Nabers is there you take him. Period. I'm about an inch from putting Bowers on this list too. I know we just drafted Mayer but Bowers is a different beast and they can both be on the field together. If the guy's special he's special and it's up to the coaching staff to take advantage of the strengths.

A moment to vent...
On a recent episode of the Around the NFL podcast, the Raiders were called out for only signing Minshew. Flip to the next episode, and the Vikings are celebrated for signing Darnold after losing Cousins. Even going as far as saying that the Vikes can maybe build around Darnold for a run.

I don't think either team is done addressing their QB position. But funny to see how basically the same situation can lead to a very different narrative.

A moment to vent...
On a recent episode of the Around the NFL podcast, the Raiders were called out for only signing Minshew. Flip to the next episode, and the Vikings are celebrated for signing Darnold after losing Cousins. Even going as far as saying that the Vikes can maybe build around Darnold for a run.

I don't think either team is done addressing their QB position. But funny to see how basically the same situation can lead to a very different narrative.
There is a very entrenched bias against the Raiders for numerous reasons. No one can ever convince me otherwise. From the league, to the refs, to the other teams, to the media and even fans in general.

It is what it is. The lion doesn't bother itself with what the sheep think of it.

A moment to vent...

Chris Simms said on PFT that the Raiders were the last team he would want to go to if he were a rookie QB. What QB wouldn’t want to play with an up and coming stout defense? Throw to Adams, Meyers and Mayer? There’s always been a media bias towards the Raiders, even Maxx called out Simms about it during Super Bowl week. And he still bashes them.

A moment to vent...

There is a very entrenched bias against the Raiders for numerous reasons. No one can ever convince me otherwise. From the league, to the refs, to the other teams, to the media and even fans in general.

It is what it is. The lion doesn't bother itself with what the sheep think of it.
Hows that saying go?

There are 31 teams in the NFL..... then there`s the RAIDERS

I love supporting the outcasts , the original bad boys , the locker room that feels like a visit to San Quentin prison (old school)

Raider Nation is the ONLY Nation in the NFL , anyone else is trying to capture that spirit we have .

Last edited:
A moment to vent...

Chris Simms said on PFT that the Raiders were the last team he would want to go to if he were a rookie QB. What QB wouldn’t want to play with an up and coming stout defense? Throw to Adams, Meyers and Mayer? There’s always been a media bias towards the Raiders, even Maxx called out Simms about it during Super Bowl week. And he still bashes them.
I am not sure where and when someone touched him from the Raiders but he has a special hate for the Silver and Black. All of his takes on the Raiders are extremely biased against us.

A moment to vent...

I am not sure where and when someone touched him from the Raiders but he has a special hate for the Silver and Black. All of his takes on the Raiders are extremely biased against us.
Chris who???

Some insight on the offensive line strategy

Raiders General Manager Tom Telesco made a significant move by re-signing center Andre James, but he and his staff will still need to make some additions to the group soon.

Telesco discussed the Raiders’ offensive line when he joined the “2024 Raiders Free Agency Show.”

“Still a work in progress,” he said. “We re-signed Andre James, which I think was really important. Like having a center with some experience and some feel, especially when you have a young quarterback behind you, it’s a big part of it.

“And I think he’s going to fit the scheme we’re going to run really well. And I’ve watched Andre from the outside looking in for a while, he’s always been a really solid center. You got to have a good center in this league to play.

“And then, I even think this scheme with Dylan Parham is really going to accentuate what he does well as far as reaching and running and getting people. But still a work in progress. I know last year, run game wise -- offensive line, tight ends, backs, and receivers -- you have to block.

"We were in the bottom five in rushing last year -- pick whatever metric you want -- so, that has to improve. That will come from the whole group. We’re still getting that group together.”

The team lost offensive tackles Jermaine Eluemunor and Brandon Parker in free agency, but that position room is still in good hands with Thayer Munford and Kolton Miller.

“He’s [Munford] a really interesting player, whether as a tackle or guard,” Telesco said. “So, he will be in the mix there.

“And then, obviously, having Kolton Miller back healthy, which he will be, is a big part of it. He’s a big-time left tackle.”

A moment to vent...

Chris who???
His Dad had a career.

Some insight on the offensive line strategy

Raiders General Manager Tom Telesco made a significant move by re-signing center Andre James, but he and his staff will still need to make some additions to the group soon.

Telesco discussed the Raiders’ offensive line when he joined the “2024 Raiders Free Agency Show.”

“Still a work in progress,” he said. “We re-signed Andre James, which I think was really important. Like having a center with some experience and some feel, especially when you have a young quarterback behind you, it’s a big part of it.

“And I think he’s going to fit the scheme we’re going to run really well. And I’ve watched Andre from the outside looking in for a while, he’s always been a really solid center. You got to have a good center in this league to play.

“And then, I even think this scheme with Dylan Parham is really going to accentuate what he does well as far as reaching and running and getting people. But still a work in progress. I know last year, run game wise -- offensive line, tight ends, backs, and receivers -- you have to block.

"We were in the bottom five in rushing last year -- pick whatever metric you want -- so, that has to improve. That will come from the whole group. We’re still getting that group together.”

The team lost offensive tackles Jermaine Eluemunor and Brandon Parker in free agency, but that position room is still in good hands with Thayer Munford and Kolton Miller.

“He’s [Munford] a really interesting player, whether as a tackle or guard,” Telesco said. “So, he will be in the mix there.

“And then, obviously, having Kolton Miller back healthy, which he will be, is a big part of it. He’s a big-time left tackle.”
Yea, more ZBS concepts are expected to be used with the new OC and line coaches.

For any of you following the mock draft thread, I am running the Raiders' war room and took a shot earlier today to try to trade for the Chargers #5 pick to draft JJM. Unfortunately, I was beat out by the Vikings who sent the Chargers both their 1sts this year (1.11 and 1.23). :(

Here was my offer, with points based off a trade value chart that was linked in that thread...

LAC would get:

2024 1.13 - 1150 pts
2024 2.12 - 460
2025 3.xx - 179

LV would get:

2024 1.05 - 1700
2025 4.xx - 61

Basically, I offered this year's 2nd rounder, plus a 3rd/4th round pick swap next year. If the Raiders like McCarthy, I'd be ok if they made such a deal to get him. No bank breaking, but if a team is looking to trade down at a reasonable cost, let's go.

Robert Kraft shares that Calvin Ridley told the Patriots his girlfriend preferred to be in the South. He said the team had been willing to make up the difference in taxes between Massachusetts and Tennessee, while acknowledging that the QB situation could have been a factor

Golly, that's a shame. Overpaying, and they still won't come, huh? Such a bummer.

If you guys need me, I'll be over here pissing on the ashes.

For any of you following the mock draft thread, I am running the Raiders' war room and took a shot earlier today to try to trade for the Chargers #5 pick to draft JJM. Unfortunately, I was beat out by the Vikings who sent the Chargers both their 1sts this year (1.11 and 1.23). :(

Here was my offer, with points based off a trade value chart that was linked in that thread...

LAC would get:

2024 1.13 - 1150 pts
2024 2.12 - 460
2025 3.xx - 179

LV would get:

2024 1.05 - 1700
2025 4.xx - 61

Basically, I offered this year's 2nd rounder, plus a 3rd/4th round pick swap next year. If the Raiders like McCarthy, I'd be ok if they made such a deal to get him. No bank breaking, but if a team is looking to trade down at a reasonable cost, let's go.
I think to get from 13 to 5 would cost next year's 1 and likely more. I also don't think it's even really a legit possibility to make a deal with the Chargers. They will likely have other teams looking to move up and would not want to deal in division, especially if it's for McCarthy with Harbaugh there.

Robert Kraft shares that Calvin Ridley told the Patriots his girlfriend preferred to be in the South. He said the team had been willing to make up the difference in taxes between Massachusetts and Tennessee, while acknowledging that the QB situation could have been a factor

Golly, that's a shame. Overpaying, and they still won't come, huh? Such a bummer.

If you guys need me, I'll be over here pissing on the ashes.
There is no doubt in my mind that the "Patriot Way" was very little more than Brady and the ability to sign/resign players at discounts to play with him and have a good shot of winning a SB.

It all fell apart and burned once Brady left.

Last edited:
Mattison was 1 year, 1.9 mill. 500 grand bonus.

Minimum wage

1.65 MM dead cap if they cut him ahead of the season. I'm ok with that, as it allows them to still swing for one or even two upgrades in the draft. There are a bunch of mid-round young bucks I'd like to see come in and compete for this roster spot.

Minimum wage

1.65 MM dead cap if they cut him ahead of the season. I'm ok with that, as it allows them to still swing for one or even two upgrades in the draft. There are a bunch of mid-round young bucks I'd like to see come in and compete for this roster spot.
Hey buddy, im watching your draft , i know you have been trading down , how many picks have you accumulated via trades?

Minimum wage

Hey buddy, im watching your draft , i know you have been trading down , how many picks have you accumulated via trades?

Traded up three spots in rd 1 to snipe Fuaga from Harbaugh & Co. Gave up pick 3.13 to do so, but received 6.09 in return.

Then traded down 19 spots in rd 2, and received a late 3rd (3.30) and late 4th (4.24) to do so.

On net between the two trades, I've picked up two extra picks - a 4th and 6th - while moving down in rds 2 and 3. So far at least, none of the several guys I would have "reached" for had I stayed put in rd 2 have been taken, so feeling decent there. And might try to make a move up in rd 3 to secure a particular target there later.

I am certainly hoping that a CB or an OT or a RG is handled before the draft.
If they re-sign Van Roten and draft a guy in top 4 rounds, cool.
If they draft an OT in top 2 rounds, and let him fight it out with Munford, cool.
If they draft a CB in top 2 rounds, that's cool.

problem is, need a QB in there. If we went OT in the first, and Penix/Nix in the 2nd, that's nice, but you need a OG and an CB, and you into the middle of 4th round at that point.

Looking at maybe other positions we might take in middle of the draft, I love this guy:

Jermaine Burton

6', 200, 4.45, 38.5 vertical---that's top of the line numbers for a WR

He got action as a freshman at Georgia, surrounded by NFL talent. Not huge numbers, but he's strong, and a total $##T-talking bulldog.

He is WR20 right now (fantasy pros), he's not a lock for Day 2. Would be a spectacular round 4 pick.

If they draft an OT in top 2 rounds, and let him fight it out with Munford, cool.

problem is, need a QB in there. If we went OT in the first, and Penix/Nix in the 2nd, that's nice, but you need a OG and an CB, and you into the middle of 4th round at that point.

Fuaga has G/T versatility. If the Raiders draft him (and don't re-sign Van Roten), I could see them starting him at RG to start his career in order to get the best 5 on the field along with Munford, if the best available guard isn't all that. That said, I would like to see beasts up and down the OL and I am not sure Munford qualifies, so I wouldn't be upset to see them invest in a stud guard as well, if one falls to a good spot in the draft to do so. BPA (especially at high-value positions) over need is how to maximize the draft. QB is obviously the highest-value position, but I don't believe in forcing it, even there - opportunity cost matters. Focus on coaching, OL/DL, CB/WR and keep taking swings on upside QBs each year when upside v. cost aligns. Are Penix or Nix worth gambling on over a blue-chip OT this year at or around 13? I don't know for sure, but I don't think so. If the Raiders do, then by all means take one of them. If not, don't force it.

Looking at maybe other positions we might take in middle of the draft, I love this guy:

Jermaine Burton

6', 200, 4.45, 38.5 vertical---that's top of the line numbers for a WR

He got action as a freshman at Georgia, surrounded by NFL talent. Not huge numbers, but he's strong, and a total $##T-talking bulldog.

He is WR20 right now (fantasy pros), he's not a lock for Day 2. Would be a spectacular round 4 pick.

In watching the highlights, I like that he makes contested catches, and works himself open. Seems like a great name to watch.

Also was it just me, or did his QB (for the first half of the highlights) have a super odd delivery?

Fuaga has G/T versatility. If the Raiders draft him (and don't re-sign Van Roten), I could see them starting him at RG to start his career in order to get the best 5 on the field along with Munford, if the best available guard isn't all that. That said, I would like to see beasts up and down the OL and I am not sure Munford qualifies, so I wouldn't be upset to see them invest in a stud guard as well, if one falls to a good spot in the draft to do so. BPA (especially at high-value positions) over need is how to maximize the draft. QB is obviously the highest-value position, but I don't believe in forcing it, even there - opportunity cost matters. Focus on coaching, OL/DL, CB/WR and keep taking swings on upside QBs each year when upside v. cost aligns. Are Penix or Nix worth gambling on over a blue-chip OT this year at or around 13? I don't know for sure, but I don't think so. If the Raiders do, then by all means take one of them. If not, don't force it.
I would hope that you are right about Fugga, we are due for a good T in the first round. Gallery ****, Miller good, Leatherwood ****.....

I would hope that you are right about Fugga, we are due for a good T in the first round. Gallery ****, Miller good, Leatherwood ****.....

I'm just a rando on the internet. Ultimately, the Raiders need to figure out what's what and who's who and draft accordingly. But if Fuaga is as advertized, he's exactly what they need IMO if they can't get a franchise QB at 13.

I'm just a rando on the internet. Ultimately, the Raiders need to figure out what's what and who's who and draft accordingly. But if Fuaga is as advertized, he's exactly what they need IMO if they can't get a franchise QB at 13.
I get it but our track record in the first round is awful

I get it but our track record in the first round is awful

Past doesn't have to be prologue. Win or learn, and then move on to the next play. Entirely brand new regime this draft. Telesco's first-round track record is actually pretty good; and so far at least, AP seems very underrated as a talent evaluator and developer - see Spillane, Bob; Jones, Jack; Wilkins, Christian - and for that matter, the entire defense after he took over.

Updated Raiders contract extension projections: -

LB Robert Spillane: 3 years, 26.5M (8.3M AAV) w/ 19M GTD | Total Contract: 4 years, 29M (7.25M AAV) w/ 22.5M GTD | AAV LB18-

CB Nate Hobbs: 3 years, 22M (7.3M AAV) w/ 16M GTD | Total Contract: 4 years, 25.3 (6.4M AAV) w/ 19.7M GTD | AAV NCB3, CB27-

S Trevon Moehrig: 2 years, 12M (6M AAV) w/ 7.5M GTD | Total Contract: 3 years, 16.8M (5.6M AAV) w/ 11.2M GTD | AAV SAF26-

EDGE Malcolm Koonce: 4 years, 44M (11M AAV) w/ 26M GTD | Total Contract: 5 years, 45.7M (9.2M AAV) w/ 28M GTD | AAV EDGE27

JUST IN: Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice is wanted by Dallas police after being suspected of causing a six-vehicle accident.Rice was believed to be street racing in his Corvette against someone in a Lamborghini.Both the Corvette & Lamborghini fled the scene where multiple people were injured. 2 were sent to the hospital.Rice played for SMU before being selected by the Chiefs in the second round of the 2023 NFL draft.

I don't understand why Justin Simmons hasn't signed yet, but I do hope that once the compensatory period ends we snap him up.

JUST IN: Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice is wanted by Dallas police after being suspected of causing a six-vehicle accident.Rice was believed to be street racing in his Corvette against someone in a Lamborghini.Both the Corvette & Lamborghini fled the scene where multiple people were injured. 2 were sent to the hospital.Rice played for SMU before being selected by the Chiefs in the second round of the 2023 NFL draft.
Geez... if he was behind the wheel... these young kids think they are invincible and it may happen to the next guy but not them.

Looking at video, it doesn't appear any cars involved were mangled to the point where you would think the injuries are severe/life threatening. Hopefully that is the case.

Fleeing the accident takes this to a seriously career impacting event.

On the football side, this will be a huge minus for KC for any time he loses. Rice was the only WR on the team last year that was worth anything.

Finally got around to test driving a Tesla for the first time this weekend (Model Y soccer mom car version) and it goes 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. When I floored it, I was utterly floored.

Cannot imagine after today what a 2.9 second 0-60 Corvette must be like. Those cars should be illegal for anyone under 30. This new generation of performance cars is something else.

After watching some highlights of the UFL games yesterday, it reinforces my hope that the Raiders target a couple offensive linemen in the draft. Because talent seems to be seriously lacking in the professional football “world “. I’ve never seen so many tackles get spun around like turnstiles.

Users who are viewing this thread