What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Miami Dolphins: Chop, Chop !! (1 Viewer)

What is that amazing avatar you are using? Good lord, that is really something unique!

Last edited by a moderator:
How I remember it: Tannehill could not name the divisions with Matt Moore in a Hard Knocks episode. Lots of "Fiedleresque" ints (but could have just been the OCs at the time). And Philbin making players pick up gum wrappers from the practice field. /shrug

I been rooting for Tannehill past 2 seasons fwiw, but in my worthless 2cents - Tua has more heart and potential.
Welcome to the Phins thread, everyone I found our man Runny over in the WIll Fuller thread and thought he should come on over and be part of the discussion. Sounds like he and @Gatorman are going to get a long just great   :thumbup:

Something we can all agree on though is the fact the Phins 2021 Draft Class looked awfully good last week, if you wanted to add in Tua from 2020 even though that has looked like a total disaster at times and even if Tua sticks around it still can't be looked at as a success with blowing multiple 1st, but back to 2021, looked pretty good this week and isn't this about the time you want to see rookies showing progress and looking ahead to '22. 

Cheers and welcome aboard Runny

And in H2H battles, Tua is 1-0 in the NFL 😉

You keep making Tua seem like the 2nd coming, you may be on to something. I think he still has bruised ribs at best, thus the shot put throws to get down the field. He's still better than Brissett

Good stuff TT

Thank you sir, I will bookmark this thread instead of just lurking the front page of The Shark Pool.

I don't know if it's appropriate to mention FinHeaven, but there was some solid analysis years past (love the links to 'every Tua drop back' YouTube clips), but seems it has become a giant clusterf**k lately with "Tua sucks" and get Watson and fire everyone etc etc..

I am just an old guy that my grandfather took to many epic fins games as a teenager in the 1980s. And I remember hating sweating my butt off when we had to go watch boring fins/Marino practices with my gdad in Florida summers of 83/84/85.

I am a dolphins fans for life and trying to make my kid one, but it's hard to do that living in Denver with "Broncos day" in preschool where they ask them to dress in a Broncos jersey. Do they do that same thing in Miami?

Welcome to the Phins thread, everyone I found our man Runny over in the WIll Fuller thread and thought he should come on over and be part of the discussion. Sounds like he and @Gatorman are going to get a long just great   :thumbup:

Something we can all agree on though is the fact the Phins 2021 Draft Class looked awfully good last week, if you wanted to add in Tua from 2020 even though that has looked like a total disaster at times and even if Tua sticks around it still can't be looked at as a success with blowing multiple 1st, but back to 2021, looked pretty good this week and isn't this about the time you want to see rookies showing progress and looking ahead to '22. 

Cheers and welcome aboard Runny
I agree about the draft class. I did a bunch of sims before the draft and the phins took none of the guys I did, but the guys they did take seem to be hits so far. 

we can all argue about the top of the draft and the waddle/pitts/Sewell discussion but let’s face it all three of those guys are Money. Hell, outside of the qbs taken I think all the players that went in the top 12 last year have been solid. 

Getting what many are saying is the best end in this draft is starting to bear fruit as well. I liked other players who have also done well as ends who were drafted this year (the other guy from Miami and oweh?) but again, solid pick, no embarrassment. 

holland was not on my radar (wanted javonte and then mohreig later) but I can’t even argue that pick after Denver jumped us. 

3 guys that barring injury look like 5-7 year starters is a pretty good haul no matter how the rest of the draft pans out. I think eich turns out ok. 

I did wish that we took a second wr in this draft class bc it was so loaded. I guess the TE we took (long) kind of occupies that space. Still, someone like nico Collins on this roster as well would have been a nice grab but no one knew that fuller would destroy his finger. We just figured he’d get hurt some other way. 

What is that amazing avatar you are using? Good lord, that is really something unique!
Alex Lifeson the guitarist from Rush.

Sniffing a bottle of Coca-Cola lol 

Picture was taken during the Moving Pictures tour 1981.

And in H2H battles, Tua is 1-0 in the NFL 😉

You keep making Tua seem like the 2nd coming, you may be on to something. I think he still has bruised ribs at best, thus the shot put throws to get down the field. He's still better than Brissett

Good stuff TT

Thx MoP, I'm taking the long view.  I've said previously he'd not been playing up to expectations.  I don't think he's a bad as some make him out to be.  His arm is NFL average and will likely never get much better... hjs accuracy and decision making however show me that you can build around him. 

and Sinnett would've been better than Brissett, we knew Brissett was gonna be awful, Sinnett couldn't have been much worse and had a better chance of upside. 

I haven't and don't agree with every decision the Phins make but I try to look for the why and try not to stay entrenched 

Thank you sir, I will bookmark this thread instead of just lurking the front page of The Shark Pool.

I don't know if it's appropriate to mention FinHeaven, but there was some solid analysis years past (love the links to 'every Tua drop back' YouTube clips), but seems it has become a giant clusterf**k lately with "Tua sucks" and get Watson and fire everyone etc etc..

I am just an old guy that my grandfather took to many epic fins games as a teenager in the 1980s. And I remember hating sweating my butt off when we had to go watch boring fins/Marino practices with my gdad in Florida summers of 83/84/85.

I am a dolphins fans for life and trying to make my kid one, but it's hard to do that living in Denver with "Broncos day" in preschool where they ask them to dress in a Broncos jersey. Do they do that same thing in Miami?
welcome. 

Fan for life as well...  in the 50+ age bracket.

17-9

22-10

24-17

33-10

Those are the scores of the last 4 games as they take on the Giants who do have a decent defense, it's not terrible. 

The Line opened at 2.5 and Miami is now favored by 6 in Vegas and that number could get. a little higher before kickoff.

Who is the QB for New York now this weekend? 

MIA has to be the #1 Defense play this week ? Seems like they'll feast on Glennon 
How many of us long standing dolphins fans see a backup qb starting and think “crap, we are going to make him look like joe Montana”. Those Tom olivadotti defenses scarred us for life. 

This game feels like a trap!

I will be watching redzone / refreshing ESPN box scores and hoping for the best, but feel this might be a typical Miami "c'mon man wtf!?! game". I can already envision the posts by Miami fans upset that Glennon lit it up this Sunday vs our D.

Hate to be Debbie Downer here, hope I am wrong. I don't bet Dolphins games (yet bet almost all others), but the spread is getting bigger. Nothing but gut feel here on this outcome.

Hope I am wrong, but I'd bet the Giants ML if I didn't have a "don't bet on my favorite team, don't bet on my fantasy players" policy.

Just my worthless 2 cents, and not trying to cr@p on this game. This feels like a crucial game for the future, despite it being vs a bad team. Sure hope they are focused on THIS GAME and not 'wildcard is a small chance if winning out'.

2019 Weeks 1 thru 7, Phins go 0-7 starting their rebuild 

2021 Weeks 1-8, Phins go 1-7 and these two runs combined for a 1-14 section the Flores Resume. 

Outside of that of course you might be surprised that Miami is now 20-11 outside of those Bad Beginnings we'll say to the seasons. I'm convinced they can win most of the rest until the Patriots in Week 18 with a legit win and get in, that game could easily be moved into the 4:00 range that final weekend.

-They stink on offense though, you cannot defend it so I wouldn't try tight now. 10-6 score.about halfway into the 3rd? 20-9 final score? Ugly football game in just about every way possible.  

If Miami wins out they will match their win total from last year and Flores would become the first coach since Don Shula I think to have B2B double digit win seasons, don't think Wanny pulled that off but I could be wrong. Jimmy Johnson? Maybe he managed to pull that off but not sure honestly, they weren't that successful with him coaching. 

Phillips now has 8.5 sacks and like a shoe-in for double digit sacks, he's not the impact player of Parsons so I don't think he will win Rookie of the Year but he is starting to become in the discussion. 

Waddle has like 800 yds receiving, Rookie of the year in the NFL this season, that Draft outside the QB spot has ben a gold mine of players so far this year for most teams. Few bad ones much like the ones we took in 2020 but the 2021 Class is looking mighty damn good right now and Phillips looks like he might be our next Cam Wake in terms of pass rush and sacks. 

Let's not forget Holland either, to get 3 starters like Waddle-Phillips-Holland and yes I know he gets roasted around the LT side but I think Eich will get this figured out and swing around to Tua's blind side and that's just fine by me, we need OL starters and I only see 2 right now but I want to get a better look Dieter at Center, he was really a good OL at Wisconsin where they know hoe to run the football, I would like to see him fill that spot up the rest of the season. 

Phillips has 5 sacks in the last 2 games, on top of 8.5 sacks, he has 16 QB Hits on the season and he doesn't make a ton of roughing the passer calls which is good. 

Tua's 2 minute drive: https://youtu.be/dWoI3tNhrhA

I see lots of dink and dunks, but that was some amazing accuracy and decision making. I will gladly take it. Logan Ryan is an idiot imo with his comment that he could play like that throwing 2 yard passes all day.

Trying not to be too one sided with blinders on, and crown Tua the next Steve Young already. Willing to listen to the opposite opinions how he is not a good QB for the future and we need someone with a bigger arm.

But he has done fantastic this last month with the little time he has been given and the horrible situation he landed in (thanks Mr. Ross for the D Watson controversy!). Really hopeful for the future and his development in Miami once he has a mediocre OL and an RB.

Forgive me if this has been beaten to death in this and other Tua threads already. Was just excited after watching some of these Tua clips on YouTube today.

Tua can be "budget Brees" for this offense - smart play, heavy rpo as the run game - he just needs a line to give him a chance to let the play develop

6 in a row!

The "Duke" former UM standout and a RB I have always wondered or thought he might be misused on some fo these teams. 

Had to be a dream for him to come to Miami where he went to college, play for the Phins, score 2 TDs and Beat one of Miami's arch rivals and propel them to a .500 record and a possible playoff berth if they can continue to win...not so sure how they are going to be able to win on the road next week. 

So it is well known I loathe the Tua pick over Herbert but he is our QB and something I saw yesterday gave me some pause.

Kid throws an awful pick 6. Bad decision, weak fluttering pass….but he picked himself up off the floor and drove the team 75 yards and threw a needle strike slant for the win.

That was great to see. I don’t question this kids heart, nor his pocket presence. But I highly question the arm and the durability.

So now I wonder. If we are going to go all in on him and build around him….they must get this OL and running game to be high level. If they can address that this off-season:

OL

RB

WR

We could have a very efficient RPO offense. Protect him, have a strong running game and get a healthy big and strong WR to compliment Waddle and Geskicki. 

It can work if those pieces are in place with this defense.

A big test on the road Monday night. Let’s see if they can keep this going. 

So it is well known I loathe the Tua pick over Herbert but he is our QB and something I saw yesterday gave me some pause.

Kid throws an awful pick 6. Bad decision, weak fluttering pass….but he picked himself up off the floor and drove the team 75 yards and threw a needle strike slant for the win.

That was great to see. I don’t question this kids heart, nor his pocket presence. But I highly question the arm and the durability.

So now I wonder. If we are going to go all in on him and build around him….they must get this OL and running game to be high level. If they can address that this off-season:

OL

RB

WR

We could have a very efficient RPO offense. Protect him, have a strong running game and get a healthy big and strong WR to compliment Waddle and Geskicki. 

It can work if those pieces are in place with this defense.

A big test on the road Monday night. Let’s see if they can keep this going. 
I'll piggy back and simply say that Miami needs a much better run game than what they have created over the last 3 seasons under Flores. I get not wanting to pay a lot of money to the position but someone like Tua should have 1-2 solid RBs behind him on rookie Deals and a solid vet who can help shoulder the load and pass protect, they don't really have that and if they do there is very little talent there. 

Duke Johnson made folks forget about their terrible issues at RB, they need to push to be a Top-5 Running team with a guy like Tua under Center, he needs help and play action can't really happen unless you have a Sdud-RB who draws up the Safeties, we don't. 

I remember back in 1975 in Bert Jones' first full year starting, the Colts were 1-4 and won 9 straight to make the playoffs.  But waiting was that great Steelers team full of HOF'ers.

Zach Sieler-7th Round former pick of the Ravens and this guy made a lot of plays that don't show up in the Box Score

28 snaps, only out there about half the time and he also plays special teams, great job by this guy. Gets off blocks and can redirect opposing players, just love this guy and he'll never be mentioned in most write ups. 

Christian Wilkins-The worm was by far my favorite dance of the year. He caught a TD, has a future as a TE in the Red Zone and he's 320 lbs, jumped the end zone wall like a deer into a mom and 2 daughters, they were not ready for that splash. Incredible

I know this is "Woulda coulda shoulda" but IF Tua doesn't get his ribs caved in at the Bills the phins likely beat The Raiders, Atlanta and Jacksonville, putting us at the top of the division.  I mean, we were playing like crap back then defensively, but all of those games were close that Tua could have made the difference.

Speaking to a dolphin fan buddy of mine we figured out the most "dolphin like" scenario for the last 3 games: THe bills beat the pats and the phins beat new orleans putting us in a three way tie for first.  Miami beatwriters start the fandom on "the phins have a chance to win the division" and then the Tanny revenge game has good ole Ryan screw us and then we lose to the pats as well...

Let's keep it real, great feeling to win 7 in a row, still lament the Jax loss which we would be in 3-way tie for 1st right now. 

-Buffalo has a couple soft balls next 2 weeks, seems likely they go 11-6, wouldn't lose much sleep over it since they own us sweeping both games this season. 

-New England hosts Jax and they're going to crush them however...

-If Miami wins @Tennessee and I am going to break down Tannehill and what he usually does late in the season but if they pull this off and beat a Henry-Less Titans team then even if the Patriots roll in 10-6, a 9-7 Miami team can beat them at home and then leapfrog them since they would end up sweeping the Patriots. 

Buffalo 11-6

Miami 10-7

New England 10-7

The Dolphins have very little chance if they lost either of their last 2 games but they really MUST HAVE this next road game at Tennessee

That Offense is not going anywhere. It does very little and we can discuss Waddle endlessly but he's the entire offense at the moment, that's not really a good thing.

I see a lot of Miami punts happening in the next game.

stupid Tweet of the week (have seen several variations)

QBs faced in the Dolphins’ 7-game win streak: Tyrod Taylor, Lamar Jackson, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton, Mike Glennon, Zach Wilson and Ian Book. Other than Jackson, the Dolphins have feasted on backups and rookies.
Pro tip, you can only play the ones in front of you, so jot that down.

I don't remember the Texans game but their D has been hell on wheels ever since they blitzed Lamar 35 times. Ironically they haven't even blitzed that much since. Throw last night out, same as Burrow's tape v BAL. These COVID replacement games are a joke.

Hoping they finish it off and win their way in, their turnaround is a heckuva great story.

Waddle is really good. I was a big Smith booster as my favorite NFL prospect of the big 3, but really all look like hits right now.

I'd still lean towards firing Grier, but the first three picks this year all look like big hits. Holland has been key to turning around the defense.

According to 538, MIA currently has a 32% chance to make the playoffs. Here are the base percentages with all the remaining possible outcomes.

With wins against TEN and NE, they are in the playoffs.
With a win against TEN and a loss to NE, they are 8% to make the playoffs.
With a loss to TEN and a win against NE, they are 12% to make the playoffs.
With losses against TEN and NE, they are out of the playoffs.

Bottom line, they will have to win out to make the post season unless they get a lot of help if they only win one more game.

Waddle is really good. I was a big Smith booster as my favorite NFL prospect of the big 3, but really all look like hits right now.

I'd still lean towards firing Grier, but the first three picks this year all look like big hits. Holland has been key to turning around the defense.
Yea early in the season it looked like your trade with the Eagles was a total disaster.  But now it's likely a lower 1st rounder and you have a super stud wr from it.  Looks way better now.

So as we approach the biggest game thus far of the season at Tennessee......where are all of you with the direction of this team. Take off the fan glasses and put on your NFL talent assessment glasses.

I still feel......we are the same team we have been for 20 years now. Middling team never awful enough to fully rebuild (although the amount of draft capital that has been wasted has been epic save for the 2021 draft which is looking very good so far) and never good enough to be a playoff contender nor win playoff games.

DO you all really think we have a playoff caliber offense, playoff caliber QB, playoff caliber WR corp, playoff caliber RB corp, playoff caliber OL to compete?

Nope. 

So where are we really as a franchise?

Same place we have been.....for 20 years. Stuck in neutral. 

Am I enjoying the current winning streak? Of course. But it has been....save for the defense mostly bad football. This offense has zero ability to stretch the field and keep up with real contenders like Buffalo, KC, Cincy and LAC. We can’t compete with those teams. The defense can only do so much when the offense has no firepower. 

Anyway......I would fire Grier....no question I would. But Ross won’t. And we will continue to be stuck in neutral. That is my take so far. 

Thank goodness we rebounded....now the Philly trade does look much better....but I have zero faith Grier can pull off two more very good drafts. He has blown most picks. IMO he blew three 1st rounders in 2020.....in the worst way. Fortunately he had a good 2021 draft.....well its about time. But yet we are still a horrendous offensive team when you compare us to the contenders.....and is that not the point of a rebuild? To become Super Bowl Contenders?

We are an entire OL and QB and RB and WR’s away......so basically an entire unit away.....still. 

Go Dolphins!

According to 538, MIA currently has a 32% chance to make the playoffs. Here are the base percentages with all the remaining possible outcomes.

With wins against TEN and NE, they are in the playoffs.
With a win against TEN and a loss to NE, they are 8% to make the playoffs.
With a loss to TEN and a win against NE, they are 12% to make the playoffs.
With losses against TEN and NE, they are out of the playoffs.

Bottom line, they will have to win out to make the post season unless they get a lot of help if they only win one more game.

The last game vs NE will be meaningful to Miami and possibly NE for a future home game.  Do you know the scenarios for NE if Miami wins or if they lose to the Titans? It's a virtual lock that NE (vs JAX) and the Bills (vs ATL) win in week 17.

The last game vs NE will be meaningful to Miami and possibly NE for a future home game.  Do you know the scenarios for NE if Miami wins or if they lose to the Titans? It's a virtual lock that NE (vs JAX) and the Bills (vs ATL) win in week 17.
If BUF and NE win this week, MIA would be at 62% with a win against TEN and 4% with a loss to TEN. If we say they beat the Titans, they would make the playoffs if they beat the Patriots but would be at only 8% with a loss to NE. As I explained earlier, a loss in either game for the Dolphins dramatically reduces their chances to the 8-12% range. They lose tiebreakers against almost every team and multi team outcome.

The only way the NE / MIA has home game ramifications for the Pats is if BUF loses at home to either ATL or NYJ. The way the season has gone and the Bills being inconsistent, I suppose that there is a remote possibility the Bills lose but I highly doubt it. At this point, NE probably can't do better than the 6 seed (unless the Colts lose to LV or JAX). But NE should probably be pulling for the Colts to win, because the Patriots would clinch a playoff spot if they beat the Jags and the Colts beat the Raiders.

Theoretically, NE might rest some people against MIA if they already have a playoff spot locked up. I guess it would depend on what the Bills do, but if a home game isn't at stake, they might not go all out against MIA.

So as we approach the biggest game thus far of the season at Tennessee......where are all of you with the direction of this team. Take off the fan glasses and put on your NFL talent assessment glasses.

I still feel......we are the same team we have been for 20 years now. Middling team never awful enough to fully rebuild (although the amount of draft capital that has been wasted has been epic save for the 2021 draft which is looking very good so far) and never good enough to be a playoff contender nor win playoff games.

DO you all really think we have a playoff caliber offense, playoff caliber QB, playoff caliber WR corp, playoff caliber RB corp, playoff caliber OL to compete?

Nope. 

Am I enjoying the current winning streak? Of course. But it has been....save for the defense mostly bad football. This offense has zero ability to stretch the field and keep up with real contenders like Buffalo, KC, Cincy and LAC. We can’t compete with those teams. The defense can only do so much when the offense has no firepower. 

Anyway......I would fire Grier....no question I would. But Ross won’t. And we will continue to be stuck in neutral. That is my take so far. 

Thank goodness we rebounded....now the Philly trade does look much better....but I have zero faith Grier can pull off two more very good drafts. He has blown most picks. IMO he blew three 1st rounders in 2020.....in the worst way. Fortunately he had a good 2021 draft.....well its about time. But yet we are still a horrendous offensive team when you compare us to the contenders.....and is that not the point of a rebuild? To become Super Bowl Contenders?

We are an entire OL and QB and RB and WR’s away......so basically an entire unit away.....still. 

Go Dolphins!
Kinda sounds like my Washington team...minus all the great draft capitol... 

I know it’s not an official playoff game but this is a playoff game. You guys should be excited and feel like this is a very important test for your team and the future. 
I felt like MNF vs the Saints was kind of a playoff game for Miami except the Saints had a lot of players missing and I still have a lot of reservations about Miami and who they are beating. They have a Playoff level Defense but the offense is a wasteland mostly, Waddle has had his entire rookie year almost to himself, Fuller played all of 5 quarters of football for the Miami Dolphins and Parker has largely been injured as well. 

Titans without Henry more beatable, we'll see if Miami can survive their former QB who could push them to lights out this weekend. I would love to see a 9-7 Miami team take on New England at home next week for the right to march into the Playoffs, would be the biggest game in Miami in forever. 

Nope. 

Go Dolphins!
O-Line

I think Eichenberg will be a lot better next year, I like the way he plays the game and see a lot more promise in him than I do Austin Jackson. I believe Miami needs a starting Tackle, the kind you have to pay up and get, they had a LG last season Flowers who this year ranks 17th out of 80 Guards ranked on PFF, he was a solid player but they didn't keep him. 

Hunt is a keeper at RG, hope you feel likewise. Jesse Davis NEEDS TO GO, his best days he's just average, not sure how he has lasted this long in Miami. We need a Center, don't care who played and who didn't at the position in 2021, all of them need to go and just start fresh with new bodies, preferably one from the Draft that can come right in and play immediately. 

I think they need a solid Tackle and Center, Eich and Hunt will get a lot better with more support around them, now you got the base of a decent OL, it's not that hard but you also need to allow for them to play together, most solid OL don't get there overnight. 

RB...it's pathetic. They gotta draft someone in the first 2-3 rounds IMHO, in fact they need to be like San Fran and draft one early, one late, maybe 1-2 more UDFA, they need real RBs, these guys are mostly afterthoughts. 

Going back to the OL, Tua has 2 seconds to get the ball out? 2.5 maybe? His weak arm doesn't help things but he never has time to drop back and set up to throw. 

WR is not bad but its incomplete and they need to be rid of Albert Wilson as an example, what a joke. Maybe they can Draft another WR like how Tee Higgins showed up and then they got Chase anyways. Bring in another high flying WR, doesn't seem like we will be able to run the ball any time soon, just short throws to speedy playmakers, Go!

Good job highlighting how bad this offense is despite winning 8 games in a row. 

Ministry of Pain said:
O-Line

I think Eichenberg will be a lot better next year, I like the way he plays the game and see a lot more promise in him than I do Austin Jackson. I believe Miami needs a starting Tackle, the kind you have to pay up and get, they had a LG last season Flowers who this year ranks 17th out of 80 Guards ranked on PFF, he was a solid player but they didn't keep him. 

Hunt is a keeper at RG, hope you feel likewise. Jesse Davis NEEDS TO GO, his best days he's just average, not sure how he has lasted this long in Miami. We need a Center, don't care who played and who didn't at the position in 2021, all of them need to go and just start fresh with new bodies, preferably one from the Draft that can come right in and play immediately. 

I think they need a solid Tackle and Center, Eich and Hunt will get a lot better with more support around them, now you got the base of a decent OL, it's not that hard but you also need to allow for them to play together, most solid OL don't get there overnight. 

RB...it's pathetic. They gotta draft someone in the first 2-3 rounds IMHO, in fact they need to be like San Fran and draft one early, one late, maybe 1-2 more UDFA, they need real RBs, these guys are mostly afterthoughts. 

Going back to the OL, Tua has 2 seconds to get the ball out? 2.5 maybe? His weak arm doesn't help things but he never has time to drop back and set up to throw. 

WR is not bad but its incomplete and they need to be rid of Albert Wilson as an example, what a joke. Maybe they can Draft another WR like how Tee Higgins showed up and then they got Chase anyways. Bring in another high flying WR, doesn't seem like we will be able to run the ball any time soon, just short throws to speedy playmakers, Go!

Agree on Hunt. Davis will be kept around for his versatility as a solid backup. He should not be starting. 

Agree on RB’s and WR.....and we are sticking with Tua. So if we are this front office needs to do everything in it’s power to bring in players that will help Tua play to his strengths. A pistol west coast offense is what this team will be with Tua at the helm. Can we win? Yes we can. But we need playmakers who can stretch the field. Waddle is one. We need more. 

Here is hoping for another week in this miracle streak. Pressure Tannehill a lot and we can squeak out a road win here and set up the final showdown with the Patriots whom we seem to match up well against every year.

Ministry of Pain said:
O-Line

Pretty great analysis.  Not sure what the dolphins need to even look at on defense going into next year.  Maybe another pass rusher, maybe another sideline to sideline LB, and if they get rid of Jones (I'd call that unlikely at this point) they'll need another corner, but the X stuff is done and the rest of the defensive pieces look solid for at least another 2 years.

Offense: Well, it starts with that Putrid line. Problem there is I still can't figure out the problem.  Scouting? Coaching? Player development? All three.  It's like we need a "Quentin Nelson" type player to settle the line and set the tone. I know I'm talking about one of the best players in Football but we need an anchor point on the line who holds everyone accountable.

WR: We likely can use one more guy who can command the attention of a defense.  You know, will fuller without the injury issues. The rest of the group (honestly from Wilson all the way down to Hollins) seem like a "Plucky" group of interchangeable parts but I happen to love their energy.

TE: Resign / Tag Gesecki and groom hunter long.  Shaheen and the rest can go.

RB: Sigh; maybe this year they draft "the guy".  I'm not betting on it bc worse than their OLINE scouting has to be their RB scouting.

QB: I'm fine w Tua and unless they can get AARON to come down here or get Watson on the cheap (picks wise) I say ride with Tua, but get a better backup (maybe tyrod taylor?)

Dolphins, with a win against NE next week, only with a 7% chance to make the playoffs (as things stand now) according to 538.

Dolphins, with a win against NE next week, only with a 7% chance to make the playoffs (as things stand now) according to 538.
Officially eliminated when none of the following happened:

"Colts had beaten the Raiders or if the Jaguars had beaten New England or if Denver had beaten the Chargers."

For NE, it will likely be a meaningful game for seeding, with the Raiders playing a Sunday nite game.

For Miami, it's a final chance for Tua to shine before a possible off season trade for Watson or even Russell Wilson. Some of the local media have jumped off the Tua bandwagon (Ruthie Polinsky):

"If you can't see that this offense is so very limited with Tua, I don't know what to tell you."

But most fans say Tua needs a better oline and running game for a fair evaluation:

"So far 38 percent of about 4,600 voters say it’s time to move on from Tua. They’re not haters. They have a right to their opinion. You don’t have to be “for” or “against” Tua to have an opinion of what should happen next. And yes, opinions evolve based on latest information."

Absolutely dismal effort last weekend. I didn't really expect them to win (Tennessee is a boring but far superior team), but I expected them to come out fighting instead they completely rolled over. Tua and possibly Flores are back to playing for their jobs this weekend. Pats are still playing for the division and a home game so they should come out swinging with the first team. Tua needs to look good and the team needs to look like it is playing hard for Flores. Another clunker and the previous 7 weeks might be erased.  

I posted this in the Watson thread, but it fits here too:

So in my mind, there are 4 main factors that determine which team gets Deshaun, once his legal problems are resolved:

• Deshaun has to want to go there (he has a no trade clause)
  • The team has to want to trade for Deshaun
  • The team has to have the cap space to take on his contract
  • The team has to have enough draft capital to give up to get Deshaun
Based on that, I have a hard time seeing him not end up with the Dolphins:

• Deshaun wants to play in Miami (it may be his number one choice)
  • The Dolphins by already trying to trade for him, have indicated they are interested
  • The Dolphins have the most cap space in the league
  • The Dolphins have picks in every round this year including 2 in the 4th and 2 in the 6th, and they have 2 1st round picks in 2023
Tua gave no indication in 2022 that he will be a true franchise quarterback, So I think the Dolphins will be ready to trade for him whenever his legal issues get resolved. In addition, if his legal issues aren't resolved by the 2022 draft (which I don't think they will be), I think the fact that they will still have 2 1st round picks available in 2023 is huge for acquiring Deshaun.

Yeah, I expect another full offseason of this foolish idea to spend all of these picks on a QB with legal troubles instead of improving the rest of a terrible offense.

Users who are viewing this thread