What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Miami Dolphins: Chop, Chop !! (10 Viewers)

We can clearly see that Miami isn't gonna get it done tonight
(it's time to start analyzing and being honest about the results we see after a full 18 weeks)

-I'm ready to start rethinking parts of this roster, some of it is really good and should be preserved but McDaniel once again looking like a deer in headlights at times tonight
It's getting old that everyone seems to think he is such a wizard and yet his Offense largely has sucked for while now coming down the stretch.
Blame the OL injuries although i wouldn't, blame other injuries to skill guys but the real challenge is that Tua does not make great plays when things break down

I am left with the worst taste in my mouth with Miami, I think some very bad things are set to go in motion soon for them and they aren't any better in terms of wins and ability to navigate the Playoffs then they were when Ross lost our 1st and 3rd Rd picks for the Payton and Brady debacle in early '22...haven't pushed the ball further at all

Don't tell us about stats, they are meaningless

I think we should keep the focus on Ross-Grier-McDaniel
Then probably the 1st player we gotta needle is Tua since he could be taking up 20% of our cap and what do we get for that?

Last edited:
Buffalo is such a terrible matchup for Miami that it is almost a relief not to have to do it again. These injuries have been ridiculous.
Every team has a ton of injuries.

No excuse and tired of excuses each and every season.

Miami has so many injuries that 34 year old Melvin Ingram is off the street covering TEs 20 yards down the field. Another edge blows out his knee trying to cover a punt and takes out the would be tackler leading to the game-changing touchdown touchdown. Missing 2 out of the 4 weapons on the offense including the NFL's rushing TD leader. Started, what, 10 different OL combinations this year? Tyreek dropping pivot passes for the second week in a row.

And STILL in a position to tie the game until Claypool runs a lazy route.

But, sure, let's whine about Tua and trade him. Let Miami go back to halcyon days of Cleo Lemon or Chad Henne. Give me a break.

Buffalo is such a terrible matchup for Miami that it is almost a relief not to have to do it again. These injuries have been ridiculous.

Yes, but No. Most teams have some injuries but usually you do not lose a whole position group and still succeed. (I'm disgusted about last night, but I also realize we have been extrememly unlucky with injuries this year. Moreso than any other time I can remember)

Last year Miami lost the QB position group.

This year we have lost the Offensive and Defensive lines. Offensive line in the center of the line and D line on the edges. I'm not sure any team loses all of its depth at the Edge can compete and the fact that Miami's numbers on D look a lot like the Commanders after trading their two edge guys makes sense.

Again, of 22 starters, Miami has 4 that played every game. Tua, Long, Wilkins, and Seiler. all 4 of those guys actually are a big part of how we didn't collaplse inthe face of all these injuries.

Going from the top rated center in the NFL to the one ranked dead last doesn't help either. To say this team is being held together with duct tape is accurate. Now, you can blame the GM fro not having a better answer at center, and I will, but you have to roll teh dice on some positions on your team.

This team is not going to "Blow" anything up after this season. This is a "tinker" job for sure. The Tua contract will set the table for our expectations. I think Wilkins has proven that he needs to be here and be paid. Poor Seiler being forced to play edge rusher last night trying to chase Allen was too much for me to watch.

Buffalo punt return for a TD completely changed the game. Played well the 1st half and it went all downhill from there.

3 ?!? Rushing attempts in the 2nd half
27 passing attempts from Tua with Tyreek being targeted 13 times - and another game where Hill drops some big plays.
No other WR had more than 3 targets.

Every team has them, and it’s no excuse but the injuries are beyond ridiculous.

I‘ve killed Jerome Baker for years - made a great play on the goal line before the half but then misses a tackle on Allen on a crucial 3rd down conversion in the 2nd half.

Tua made some horrific throws. Do I think he’s worth 50 million a year? Probably not but there are 20ish? Teams out there that would gladly have him as QB1. The alternative of drafting another QB and starting over is worse than paying Tua imo.

Miami has so many injuries that 34 year old Melvin Ingram is off the street covering TEs 20 yards down the field. Another edge blows out his knee trying to cover a punt and takes out the would be tackler leading to the game-changing touchdown touchdown. Missing 2 out of the 4 weapons on the offense including the NFL's rushing TD leader. Started, what, 10 different OL combinations this year? Tyreek dropping pivot passes for the second week in a row.

But, sure, let's whine about Tua and trade him. Let Miami go back to halcyon days of Cleo Lemon or Chad Henne. Give me a break.
LOL I don't want to see a guy who is never gonna get us to a Super Bowl get 50MM a year and we can sit around wasting time for another 5-6 years but we will....and we will continue to have these discussions as Dolphins fans....mark that.

Yes, but No. Most teams have some injuries but usually you do not lose a whole position group and still succeed. (I'm disgusted about last night, but I also realize we have been extrememly unlucky with injuries this year. Moreso than any other time I can remember)

Last year Miami lost the QB position group.

This year we have lost the Offensive and Defensive lines. Offensive line in the center of the line and D line on the edges. I'm not sure any team loses all of its depth at the Edge can compete and the fact that Miami's numbers on D look a lot like the Commanders after trading their two edge guys makes sense.

Again, of 22 starters, Miami has 4 that played every game. Tua, Long, Wilkins, and Seiler. all 4 of those guys actually are a big part of how we didn't collaplse inthe face of all these injuries.

Going from the top rated center in the NFL to the one ranked dead last doesn't help either. To say this team is being held together with duct tape is accurate. Now, you can blame the GM fro not having a better answer at center, and I will, but you have to roll teh dice on some positions on your team.

This team is not going to "Blow" anything up after this season. This is a "tinker" job for sure. The Tua contract will set the table for our expectations. I think Wilkins has proven that he needs to be here and be paid. Poor Seiler being forced to play edge rusher last night trying to chase Allen was too much for me to watch.
Look I agree the injuries were brutal....but dude....December was all on the offense.....all of it.

Buffalo punt return for a TD completely changed the game. Played well the 1st half and it went all downhill from there.

3 ?!? Rushing attempts in the 2nd half
27 passing attempts from Tua with Tyreek being targeted 13 times - and another game where Hill drops some big plays.
No other WR had more than 3 targets.

Every team has them, and it’s no excuse but the injuries are beyond ridiculous.

I‘ve killed Jerome Baker for years - made a great play on the goal line before the half but then misses a tackle on Allen on a crucial 3rd down conversion in the 2nd half.

Tua made some horrific throws. Do I think he’s worth 50 million a year? Probably not but there are 20ish? Teams out there that would gladly have him as QB1. The alternative of drafting another QB and starting over is worse than paying Tua imo.
Yeah agree....emotions are running hot for me this morning and last night. I was heavily invested like all of you.

It's another stunning December collapse in a long line of them being a Dolphins fan.

LOL I don't want to see a guy who is never gonna get us to a Super Bowl get 50MM a year and we can sit around wasting time for another 5-6 years but we will....and we will continue to have these discussions as Dolphins fans....mark that.
I do not disagree with you but what is the alternative? We will not be able to draft a QB this year, and any free agent (Cousins/Russ?) is gonna cost about the same as Tua but with 5-7 more years of tread and declining talent.

We are going to pay Tua. And we will probably never win a Super Bowl with Tua. Which means I may be drooling all over myself and purposely dropping my catheter so that my nurse has to bend over and pick it up before we ever truly contend for a championship.

Fun season though. More fun than any recent seasons. And we may be able to go into KC and win a playoff game. They aren't any good either. I will take one playoff win and call it a victory at this point.

I do not disagree with you but what is the alternative? We will not be able to draft a QB this year, and any free agent (Cousins/Russ?) is gonna cost about the same as Tua but with 5-7 more years of tread and declining talent.

We are going to pay Tua. And we will probably never win a Super Bowl with Tua. Which means I may be drooling all over myself and purposely dropping my catheter so that my nurse has to bend over and pick it up before we ever truly contend for a championship.

Fun season though. More fun than any recent seasons. And we may be able to go into KC and win a playoff game. They aren't any good either. I will take one playoff win and call it a victory at this point.
100% this.

While paying Tua 50 million a year is not ideal the alternatives are all worse.

Edit to add: Was shocked to hear during the game that the Bills Oline is 1 of 2 teams to have all its starters on the Oline play every game.

Imagine that?

This game Saturday is going to be about which team can handle the elements. It's gonna be flat-out nasty out there.

Total toss-up game. The Chiefs are crap this year. And the Dolphins have not fired on all cylinders. Not shocked they put this one on Peacock so a lot of the free world doesn't have to watch this game.

Tua led the NFL in passing yards. First time for MIA since Marino (1992).

Tyreek in receiving yards. First time ever for a Miami player.

Yeah and?

Lost the AFC East......with a 3 game lead heading into the last month of the season.

Tua can't hold Marino's jock.
I was thinking about this, all you have to do is put on any tape of Marino and you can clearly see the difference.
I never worried about Marino throwing the football or if he had to avoid a sack and he was as slow as molasses but nimble in the pocket and had a rocket arm

-With Tua all I do is pray he doesn't get injured or have to make a play on his won because he can't when things break down around him, it's disheartening
And some of you want to make Drew Brees comparisons, I'm not there.
Sean Payton also was a much better BALANCED Head Coach, don't give me this 70-20 crap, Payton has a lengthy resume including a Super Bowl trophy.
Payton understands defense and can coach defense when needed as well as run a pretty fluid offense.
Mike McDaniel doesn't know the first thing that happens on Vic Fangio's side fo the ball and he isn't really amazing at making his offense work in crunch time or key games

-I want to keep the focus on McD, Grier, the players just do as they are told or try and execute what McD is sending into their head sets

This game Saturday is going to be about which team can handle the elements. It's gonna be flat-out nasty out there.

Total toss-up game. The Chiefs are crap this year. And the Dolphins have not fired on all cylinders. Not shocked they put this one on Peacock so a lot of the free world doesn't have to watch this game.
Greetings and welcome, happy that you can be our caretaker for this week
Nothing but respect for everything KC has accomplished the last 5-6 years
I was going to ask if you wouldn't mind putting up the game thread, doesn't have to be done immediately
I'm going to ask some of the more vocal and announced fans of the home Playoff teams if they would like to launch them.

-I love Vader but sometimes it looks like we are having a Star Wars convention in the Shark Pool :lol:
LMK, thanks

I expect Mahomes to Mahomie Miami.....that much I am certain about.

One team has no pass rushers and the other no pass catchers :wink:

Tyreek Hill looked spry last night doing flips in the end zone
He must relish going home to face the Chiefs this weekend.
If there is one true wildcard IMHO, it's him!

Hill is better than Duper or Clayton ever were although Duper in his prime was a beast, too bad he messed things up for himself

He must relish going home to face the Chiefs this weekend.
If there is one true wildcard IMHO, it's him!

Hill is better than Duper or Clayton ever were although Duper in his prime was a beast, too bad he messed things up for himself
I don't think he is healthy enough to be doing those flips.

Waddle Mosert Hill and Achane in KC will be interesting. Other than TE and QB (and Center) I'm not sure KC has better players than Miami does on the field (their edge rushers too I guess just bc of injuries). The coaching edge goes to Reid/Spags over McD/Fangio.

I'd like to see Miami go to a 3-3-5 look and bring Jones on the field and near the line as kind of a hybrid LB/S. I'm willing to die by Pacheco rather than by Mahomes.

I hope that Miami kind of rallies around Hill going back to KC and that Waddle and Mosert ball out. Not sure if X will be back but we sure could use him.

The amazing thing of watching the Bills game is they always pick on Kohou or the Miami "weak" CB. Whenever Diggs was on Not-Ramsey, he seemed to have a 4 yard layup each time. The pass down the sideline was a full on pick play that should have been flagged. The drive ended up as an int so no harm, no foul I guess.

I hope that Miami kind of rallies around Hill going back to KC and that Waddle and Mosert ball out. Not sure if X will be back but we sure could use him.

The amazing thing of watching the Bills game is they always pick on Kohou or the Miami "weak" CB. Whenever Diggs was on Not-Ramsey, he seemed to have a 4 yard layup each time. The pass down the sideline was a full on pick play that should have been flagged. The drive ended up as an int so no harm, no foul I guess.

Offense getting 47 yards in the second half at home in a game of this magnitude when your short-handed defense is balling out and giving you turnover after turnover is simply inexcusable. Bills D was banged up too. Day after analysis is that the offense lost this game for them. Coaching and playing.

This wont be discussed much but we had a 2nd and 30 around midfield at one point and we ran Jeff Wilson run up the middle for 5 and then a 3 yard pass to a tight end. We didnt even try to get that first down. We have playmakers, let them make plays! Get it to Achane, or Tyreek, not Wilson and a backup TE. The ensuing punt was returned 90 yards and that was ballgame.

Jerome Baker - Let's discuss and this is just side note to the laundry list of other off season things we need to sort out BUT..

-Last night in the 2nd Half after he almost knocked the WR out for the Bills on the last play of the 1st Half(Sweet hit/tackle-BOOM!) but in the 2nd Half he is going to close in on a guy and you can clearly see another Miami defender coming in fast from in front of the receiver and Baker is trailing and sometimes buddy, you gotta pull up a little just out of self preservation but instead he arrives at a high speed and at the same time as the DB closing in and he absorbs the worst of it just like Jones did to him when he landed on IR...

-Baker looked like he might have a broken/fractured hand/wrist from the way he was showing the pain after that hit.

We already know this but Jerome Baker should have a low awareness level in Madden, anything above 35 is criminal...but he has a lot of god given strengths and in short spurts he really can lay the wood at ILB, I actually think he does pretty well against the run and can also get pressure on the QB, not very good in pass coverage but he's not terrible. It's his unawareness at times of what is happening around him, it's frightening.

$11+Million vs about $3.5M to cut him post June, think we might have to say bye bye to Baker, I'm sure he will start and do fairly well for another team.

Then probably the 1st player we gotta needle is Tua since he could be taking up 20% of our cap and what do we get for that?
That's going to be dilemma for them but I've been thinking for weeks how absolutely difficult to defend the Dolphins offense would be if they had an athletic QB who could stress the defense with his legs. Just imagine trying to deal with all that speed and misdirection and trying to deal with a QB who can run.

Offense getting 47 yards in the second half at home in a game of this magnitude when your short-handed defense is balling out and giving you turnover after turnover is simply inexcusable. Bills D was banged up too. Day after analysis is that the offense lost this game for them. Coaching and playing.

This wont be discussed much but we had a 2nd and 30 around midfield at one point and we ran Jeff Wilson run up the middle for 5 and then a 3 yard pass to a tight end. We didnt even try to get that first down. We have playmakers, let them make plays! Get it to Achane, or Tyreek, not Wilson and a backup TE. The ensuing punt was returned 90 yards and that was ballgame.
Chuck I couldn't agree more about Tua and the criminal charges that should be brought against this offense
and McDaniel last night when they were up 14-7 prior to the Punt Ret/TD and then the defense was gassed since Buffalo controlled the ball almost all game really.

This was a game we needed 28-30, actually we only needed 22 but you wanted to see Miami explode, seemed like they went away from Cracraft and Berrios, it's like Miami forgot what worked early in the season, we saw games where the BB/RC combo at WR3/4 was getting us 50-75 yds, covered up the TE spot that we rarely throw to.

But Waddle and Mostert were OUT and that's the WR2 and RB1, that is 2 of your 3 biggest weapons, that does hinder things.

That's going to be dilemma for them but I've been thinking for weeks how absolutely difficult to defend the Dolphins offense would be if they had an athletic QB who could stress the defense with his legs. Just imagine trying to deal with all that speed and misdirection and trying to deal with a QB who can run.
Trade Tua straight across for Anthony Richardson?
Maybe ask Indy for a 2025 pick just to make it look like a balanced trade?
Pro Bowl starter for a guy that couldn't stay on the field and had a 53% completion rate in college, should be easy

-I'm kidding Phinsfans, you all know I am not a big Richardson fan but I bet a few of you would drool to see him in a Miami throwback

Pro Bowl starter for a guy that couldn't stay on the field and had a 53% completion rate in college, should be easy

-I'm kidding Phinsfans, you all know I am not a big Richardson fan but I bet a few of you would drool to see him in a Miami throwback
You mean like Trey Lance? Look, this offense is designed for what Tua (and Purdy) do best: Be accurate! Now, if you want to discuss what the issue is once we get past 2.5 seconds after the snap I am all for it, but for this system accuracy matters first, then improvisation comes after that. Josh Allen could not run this Offense (he'd still make it work, but it would not look like teh precision passing game we have here). It could be the issue with the Shanahan motion offense in that a running QB doesn't jibe with the design. Qbs I can see do well in this particular system are Tua, Purdy, Stroud, Fitzpatrick, Mahomes, Prescott, Love, and maybe a few others I'm not thinking about (Cousins, Goff and Stafford).

Running QBs like Allen, ARich, Lamar, Murray, Lance, The guy in Chicago need a different offensive ecosystem (Matt Harmon's word for it). Again, maybe Shanahan and McDaniel can adapt their Systems to a different kind of read, but who knows.

To be honest: Tua is going to be here a while unless he gets hurt. Miami's best path forward assuming Saturday night is the last game for this season is to Fix the O line, Get some more pass rushers, and some linebackers that can cover. Additionally, we need a year where we are "relatively" healthy. McDaniel needs to mature as a play caller for sure and add the next set of "wrinkles" for the Motion gameplan. I don't see us "spending money" at any position and see the draft as a place to get a LT, a C/G, and some linebackers or edge guys.

Tua needs to build on his body transformation that Jiu Jitsu helped him with and next work on some lateral speed.

You mean like Trey Lance? Look, this offense is designed for what Tua (and Purdy) do best: Be accurate! Now, if you want to discuss what the issue is once we get past 2.5 seconds after the snap I am all for it, but for this system accuracy matters first, then improvisation comes after that. Josh Allen could not run this Offense (he'd still make it work, but it would not look like teh precision passing game we have here). It could be the issue with the Shanahan motion offense in that a running QB doesn't jibe with the design. Qbs I can see do well in this particular system are Tua, Purdy, Stroud, Fitzpatrick, Mahomes, Prescott, Love, and maybe a few others I'm not thinking about (Cousins, Goff and Stafford).

Running QBs like Allen, ARich, Lamar, Murray, Lance, The guy in Chicago need a different offensive ecosystem (Matt Harmon's word for it). Again, maybe Shanahan and McDaniel can adapt their Systems to a different kind of read, but who knows.

To be honest: Tua is going to be here a while unless he gets hurt. Miami's best path forward assuming Saturday night is the last game for this season is to Fix the O line, Get some more pass rushers, and some linebackers that can cover. Additionally, we need a year where we are "relatively" healthy. McDaniel needs to mature as a play caller for sure and add the next set of "wrinkles" for the Motion gameplan. I don't see us "spending money" at any position and see the draft as a place to get a LT, a C/G, and some linebackers or edge guys.

Tua needs to build on his body transformation that Jiu Jitsu helped him with and next work on some lateral speed.
Good post, let's talk OL

Austin Jackson was extended for 3 yrd/$36M but will only count $4M against the cap in 2024
That number rises by almost $10M in 2025 but still the Phins did well here, unless he regresses.

Terron Armstead can have his cap number reduced from $21M+ down to about $12.5M if he takes salary as a lump sum bonus, doubt he will say no.
I don't see Armstead being replaced or released until Miami at least drafts someone that walks in and storms training camp which you elude to in Draft expectations
I hate that he is so often injured but I watched him closely last time I was at Hard Rock, this guy dances to a different beat.

But I agree Miami could use an LT/RT prospect even for depth since both Jackson and Armstead have injury histories

RG-Robert Hunt...going to be paid around $10M per year, is that going to be here or elsewhere?
The IOL are almost as crucial in this offense as the outside Tackle spots, maybe even more so.

C-Connor Williams...going to take a lot of money to bring him back, can't have both Connor and Hunt IMHO, Williams is coming off injury where Hunt was down but not season ending so I would assume he is ready to roll by camp next season where Williams might need to still be in rehab thru camp and beyond.

I think Miami does need to address this with perhaps 2 picks for the IOL but not in the 1st Rd. Miami is going to have to hit on a 4th and 5th to fill in some holes on the OL.
Miami will likely use their 1st and 2nd Rd picks for a possible X replacement and also the Edge has lost 3 guys in about 3 weeks, all of the injuries are bad and even if Van Ginkel is OK in less than a month, he's likely hitting the free agent market.

Watch a couple guys tonight in the CFP
Troy Fautanu he could be a Tackle but he's 6-4 so maybe more of an IOL, see what he does vs soem real DL and LB in that ferocious Michigan front 7
Bralen Trice - Edge, has good size and is able to get to the QB, we are going to need another Jaelan Phillips

Both of them start for Washington, not sure if they are both playing tonight, you know how these modern college athletes are now.

We giving up on Cam Smith? Seems like they have. When X goes down and you still cant get any snaps, you have not earned the staff's trust at all. If he is a bust, we need to look take at least one CB early in this draft. Missing on Cam when we had no first round pick would be awful.

I think KC is incredibly vulnerable/overrated/beatable this year.

But man, I cannot see them losing a home playoff game basically coming off of a bye, in sub 0 temps.

KC wins this easier than people think, then gets pounded by Buffalo.

I think KC is incredibly vulnerable/overrated/beatable this year.

But man, I cannot see them losing a home playoff game basically coming off of a bye, in sub 0 temps.

KC wins this easier than people think, then gets pounded by Buffalo.
Agree. Miami is done. They fought pretty hard considering the amount and impact of injuries but they are a defeated team at this point. I dont really see a world where they go into KC with Melvin Ingram and Manny Ogbah plus whatever street free agents they pull off the couch to rotate with them, trying to contain Mahomes. Combined with the fact that the NFL figured out how to defend our offense which is impotent right now - looking at a 27-13ish kind of game that probably isnt as close as that score.

If any of you are coming in town for this game, I can't stress enough how bitterly cold it's gonna be. Which means you will need to cover every inch - including your face. Supposed to be 15mph winds, so about -8 at kickoff with the windchill.

Please be careful - these temps are no joke.

If any of you are coming in town for this game, I can't stress enough how bitterly cold it's gonna be. Which means you will need to cover every inch - including your face. Supposed to be 15mph winds, so about -8 at kickoff with the windchill.

Please be careful - these temps are no joke.
Appreciate that. If any Fins fans are crazy enough to leave South Florida to watch this wretched, cursed franchise end another season in humiliating and disappointing fashion, I do hope you will at least be smart enough to wrap the F up and keep your crazy *** as close to body temperature as possible. But the better option is to get a Peacock subscription and watch this one from somewhere pleasant where you won't have to race to beat traffic with 10 minutes left and the game already decided (I was at the Ravens game - PTSD).

Just to be clear:

Our available edge rushers on Saturday are Melvin Ingram who is 34 and was playing fortnight on Sundays until about a month ago, and Manny Ogbah, who is competent but not a quality starter. Their backups for Saturday are not currently on the roster. Vic Fangio's defense is not one you can learn in a couple of days.

We are going to get mauled on Saturday. I dont care if it is a bad version of KC. It could be a bad version of the Jets and we would be in trouble.

This will be the first time I ever bet against any team that I root for, and I am going big. They are going to get destroyed.

there are a few tough 'outs' in this postseason. Miami is one of them. Cleveland, Buffalo, LA Lambs are some of the others. I know they fell to pieces last night, but there's a reason to be optimistic. Seemingly ANY team in the NFL can run with the Chiefs. This game is a matchup nightmare for KC, as the speed of the Miami offense with Achane and Co. back on the field, as well as an o-line blocking its butt off lately, the one thing that is KCs Achilles' heel is their run defense - or lack thereof.
I saw WRs open all over the field yesterday. There was a coach on the Dolphins that made a comment to reporters about how fast the Buffalo defense is/was. KC's defense is not nearly as fast, incapable of swarming to the ball at a moment's notice.
Don't tell me about -5 degrees in KC, or snow, or whatever. I remember MIami going to cold places in the past, and playing lights out.
This has all the makings of a Miami run fest, 150+ yards on the ground as a team, and that will feed the play action passes to Tyreek Hill. Let's remember the losses Chiefs have had this season, they're nowhere near the same team that they have been in the past.
IMO Miami could NOT have landed in a better spot for a playoff game. kinda like TB getting the Eagles, the NFC version of the Chiefs, worn out team stumbling through the last month of the season.
I would expect a fiery team saturday night, and Tua playing lights-out. Chiefs can't run with them. They did earlier this year, but in nfl history, when two teams play twice in a season ( non division foes) how many times does the loser in the first game vanquish the foe in the postseason?

Miami defense was strong against the run last few weeks. KC sucks, but if they can't get the run game going, they're goners.
Chiefs are whistling past the graveyard here, they know they're cooked, they know it has been all smoke-n-mirrors this season. a freefall like what they've gone through doesn't typically stop all of a sudden. Ask the Eagles.

Baker is done for the season and AVG is out on Saturday.

We are the dying grasshopper with 2 broken legs and a ruptured gut. The Chiefs are the sneaker about to put us out of our misery.

there are a few tough 'outs' in this postseason. Miami is one of them. Cleveland, Buffalo, LA Lambs are some of the others. I know they fell to pieces last night, but there's a reason to be optimistic. Seemingly ANY team in the NFL can run with the Chiefs. This game is a matchup nightmare for KC, as the speed of the Miami offense with Achane and Co. back on the field, as well as an o-line blocking its butt off lately, the one thing that is KCs Achilles' heel is their run defense - or lack thereof.
I saw WRs open all over the field yesterday. There was a coach on the Dolphins that made a comment to reporters about how fast the Buffalo defense is/was. KC's defense is not nearly as fast, incapable of swarming to the ball at a moment's notice.
Don't tell me about -5 degrees in KC, or snow, or whatever. I remember MIami going to cold places in the past, and playing lights out.
This has all the makings of a Miami run fest, 150+ yards on the ground as a team, and that will feed the play action passes to Tyreek Hill. Let's remember the losses Chiefs have had this season, they're nowhere near the same team that they have been in the past.
IMO Miami could NOT have landed in a better spot for a playoff game. kinda like TB getting the Eagles, the NFC version of the Chiefs, worn out team stumbling through the last month of the season.
I would expect a fiery team saturday night, and Tua playing lights-out. Chiefs can't run with them. They did earlier this year, but in nfl history, when two teams play twice in a season ( non division foes) how many times does the loser in the first game vanquish the foe in the postseason?

Miami defense was strong against the run last few weeks. KC sucks, but if they can't get the run game going, they're goners.
Chiefs are whistling past the graveyard here, they know they're cooked, they know it has been all smoke-n-mirrors this season. a freefall like what they've gone through doesn't typically stop all of a sudden. Ask the Eagles.
We lost 5 of our 6 edge rushers. We currently have 2 healthy on our roster and neither of them are any good. Our starting middle LB is also out, and our starting CB2 is also probably out. This is an XFL team.

We are the dying grasshopper with 2 broken legs and a ruptured gut. The Chiefs are the sneaker about to put us out of our misery.
Baker got hurt again?
I got an alert on my phone saying he was out for the year. Hopefully it was in error.
NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe reports Dolphins LB Jerome Baker underwent wrist surgery and will likely miss the postseason.
Baker returned from a knee injury that sent him to injured reserve only to once again be sidelined with a significant injury. According to Wolfe, Baker will at least miss the team’s wild card game against the Chiefs but will likely miss the entire postseason. Baker totaled 78 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 13 games this season and has been a staple in Miami’s defense since being drafted in 2018. Is absence will undoubtedly be felt by a Dolphins defense that was already down several starters.

Baker got hurt again?
I got an alert on my phone saying he was out for the year. Hopefully it was in error.
NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe reports Dolphins LB Jerome Baker underwent wrist surgery and will likely miss the postseason.
Baker returned from a knee injury that sent him to injured reserve only to once again be sidelined with a significant injury. According to Wolfe, Baker will at least miss the team’s wild card game against the Chiefs but will likely miss the entire postseason. Baker totaled 78 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 13 games this season and has been a staple in Miami’s defense since being drafted in 2018. Is absence will undoubtedly be felt by a Dolphins defense that was already down several starters.
NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe said Andrew Van Ginkel (foot) will miss the Dolphins’ wild card game against the Chiefs and “likely [the] rest of [the] postseason.”
The hits keep on coming for the Dolphins, who lost Van Ginkel and linebacker Jerome Baker (wrist) for Wild Card Weekend and likely the remainder of the postseason. In his fifth season with the Dolphins, Van Ginkel turned in one of his best years as a pro, totaling 69 tackles and six sacks in 17 games. His value increased throughout the season after the Dolphins lost pass rushers Jaelan Phillips and Bradley Chubb to season-ending injuries, but now, Van Ginkel joins a star-studded cast of defenders unable to play in the postseason. We’ll see what kind of impact Miami’s recent string of bad luck has on Saturday when they take on the Chiefs.

6.....6 of our edge rushers are gone.

Love your enthusiasm but we are toast.

In my entire Dolfan life.....I have never seen the amount of carnage with injuries that I have seen this season.

Beyond anything ever in this teams history.

We giving up on Cam Smith? Seems like they have. When X goes down and you still cant get any snaps, you have not earned the staff's trust at all. If he is a bust, we need to look take at least one CB early in this draft. Missing on Cam when we had no first round pick would be awful.
No idea what is going on here. He would absolutely shut WRs down at the college level although could be somewhat inconsistent. With the personal available to Miami, we're going to end up in dime a lot.

Don't know if KC has the weapons to stay with Miami.. Thought I never say that, but this KC team just isn't good right now.

Don't know if KC has the weapons to stay with Miami.. Thought I never say that, but this KC team just isn't good right now.
Miami had 47 total yards in 65 degrees at home last night in the second half. The entire world sees the Denver game when they talk about the Miami offense. Defensive coordinators have caught up. They are an average offense. Put them on the road with a negative wind chill against a defense that held them to 14 points earlier this season and you have yourself a blowout.

Users who are viewing this thread