What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Miami Dolphins: Chop, Chop !! (4 Viewers)

Ministry of Pain said:
@SwampDawg Suggestions for a new title...

-The Hindenburg

-Ross should be forced to SELL 

-Fire GRIER and FLORES NOW! 

-Urban Meyer's ##### 

Just some suggestions, you always land the plane 
May not fit but how about “I want to hire our last 6 first round picks to be my pall bearers. So they can let me down one last time.”

Waddle disagrees but your lack of insight perfectly fits in here.
Why is everyone jacked because he caught 25 balls for 50 yds and managed to squirt in for 2 TDs with no other healthy receiver on the roster and the Miami Dolphins lost to the worst team in football...pretty telling. 

Think Waddle will continue doing that against any normal defense or team? Give us a break 

Last edited by a moderator:
Waddle disagrees but your lack of insight perfectly fits in here.
I’m guessing you’re not a fan of this team. Trading up for him was a huge waste. Sixth overall pick plus what is shaping up to be another top 5 pick on top of that. Better hope he turns into Tyreek Hill. I don’t see it though. 

Going into the season I was behind Flores but it seems like many other Belichick disciples he may be a flash in the pan and all smoke and mirrors. The defense was horrible when it counted yesterday and has regressed greatly and that is supposed to be Flores's baby. The two OC is a joke and the play calling is a joke.  Tua has disappointed but it is so hard to tell do they keep it simple because of him or does he look so bad because they can't come up with a play over 5 yards.

Grier needs to go for sure, not as much because of Tua over Herbert, if he stayed healthy Tua was going number 1 overall and the hip hasn't been the issue. Plus Herbert would have failed here with this offensive line and two headed OC as well. It's the trading back up to take Waddle over Sewell. Not even saying Waddle is bad but it was a WR rich draft, you don't trade back up for one other then maybe Chase. It is the inability to fix the o-line every freaking year.

Burn it all down.  What QB's are in the 2023 draft class?

Going into the season I was behind Flores but it seems like many other Belichick disciples he may be a flash in the pan and all smoke and mirrors. The defense was horrible when it counted yesterday and has regressed greatly and that is supposed to be Flores's baby. The two OC is a joke and the play calling is a joke.  Tua has disappointed but it is so hard to tell do they keep it simple because of him or does he look so bad because they can't come up with a play over 5 yards.

Grier needs to go for sure, not as much because of Tua over Herbert, if he stayed healthy Tua was going number 1 overall and the hip hasn't been the issue. Plus Herbert would have failed here with this offensive line and two headed OC as well. It's the trading back up to take Waddle over Sewell. Not even saying Waddle is bad but it was a WR rich draft, you don't trade back up for one other then maybe Chase. It is the inability to fix the o-line every freaking year.

Burn it all down.  What QB's are in the 2023 draft class?
When fans start wearing bags on their heads ala the Aints fans in New Orleans before Brees, Ross might decide it's time to let Grier go. Don't forget that Grier also traded a high 2022 3rd round pick to the NYG to get Liam Eichenberg. The verdict is still out on that trade. To me, Grier was doubling down on the Tua selection, to prove it was a good pick, when he traded up for Waddle and Liam. That was also the reason for benching a high-performing Fitzmagic for Tua last year.

It's early for the 2023 QBs, but the Bama QB is a top contender.  It's hard to get a good grade on their QBs because of the talent around them.

Gotta go Dolfins as the biggest disaster. At least people didn't just sit and watch the horrors that unfolded at Pompeii or the Titanic sinking as it happened to them.

Not a fan but I'd love a reasonable take as to why Tua isn't the answer. Feels like it's incomplete, like Hurts evaluation 
Tua cannot throw a ball over 5-10 yds and when he does it looks like he is shot putting the football. He is not even close to the same guy in college. He broke his interior hip socket and really had no business being drafted 5th overall coming off major hip surgery and injury, Flores even spoke about having to protect Tua when he first got to Miami. He was irritable with local media wanting them to Play TT when he clearly had no business being on the field. 

Miami was going to pass on Tua but Stephen Ross forced his hand and all but ordered him to take a QB at No 5 that he could market because Ross runs the Miami Dolhins like a night club, you know, LIV down in the end zone inside the Stadium, Ross runs the whole team like that and has no business being the owner at this point, he's proven it. BullyGate, RogerGate(Super Bowl overhaul, he followed Goodell's orders) TuaGate now where you have Tua at 1.05 then Herbert next pic at 1.06, owner wears it on his sleeve and time to go. 

That's a reasonable take, I can give you an unreasonable one but ai sound like a madman on that arc. 

Cheers! 

Tua cannot throw a ball over 5-10 yds and when he does it looks like he is shot putting the football. He is not even close to the same guy in college. He broke his interior hip socket and really had no business being drafted 5th overall coming off major hip surgery and injury, Flores even spoke about having to protect Tua when he first got to Miami. He was irritable with local media wanting them to Play TT when he clearly had no business being on the field. 

Miami was going to pass on Tua but Stephen Ross forced his hand and all but ordered him to take a QB at No 5 that he could market because Ross runs the Miami Dolhins like a night club, you know, LIV down in the end zone inside the Stadium, Ross runs the whole team like that and has no business being the owner at this point, he's proven it. BullyGate, RogerGate(Super Bowl overhaul, he followed Goodell's orders) TuaGate now where you have Tua at 1.05 then Herbert next pic at 1.06, owner wears it on his sleeve and time to go. 

That's a reasonable take, I can give you an unreasonable one but ai sound like a madman on that arc. 

Cheers! 

Would be totally ironic that it's HURTS who has a better chance of being a long-term starter than Tua lol 

Breaking news: 3 Team trade involving Tua to ???, Watson to Miami...

-We actually don't know the 3rd mystery team involved 

-Not sure that's official but its getting some run right now

$80M Under the Cap next year depending on where they set it. 

$20M+ in loose contracts that could vanish, Miami can afford Watson but then they will have to make some sacrifices other places and they need an entire new offensive coaching staff. 

You know how people say a scenario "makes too much sense not to happen"? This is the opposite of that. It makes far too little sense to happen. 

Maybe these rumors are the Texans trying to pump up his trade value. Maybe Ross is seriously considering it and people close to him are leaking it to show him the blowback he'll get. But I just refuse to believe a team could trade away multiple first-round picks for a guy who legit may never get to play for them, while also inviting a PR ####storm of the highest order.

Who is the 3rd team involved? I went thru a bunch of scenarios when Washington and Denver are removed. 

-Philly is on my short list and it wouldn't shock me if somehow Miami doesn't get Watson but he ends up in Philly somehow and we recoup draft picks and send Tua off to Houston, that's one scenario, Philly is armed right now and could easily just start their 2022 Draft right now. 

-Cleveland which is a QB away from being pretty good. 

I think you can say lots of teams are a QB upgrade away from being very good. Washington, Denver, Cleveland, Philly, Saints, 49ers, etc. 

I think you can say lots of teams are a QB upgrade away from being very good. Washington, Denver, Cleveland, Philly, Saints, 49ers, etc. 
WA/DEN said they are not involved and were clear about it. No upgrade in Cle and only further muddies the waters there. Philly I could see but I think they should be trying to clip us to scoop up Watson. Saints are another team I agree with you, Niners have Lance, they're not looking. 

I live in Miami but am not a Dolphins fan. Buddy of mine has season tickets, and I get to go to one game a year with him. This year's game happens to be this Sunday.

He's really distraught about the Watson rumors, says he's out on the team if they go through with it. I said, "If it happens before Sunday, are we still going?" Honestly, I don't want them to make the trade, but as someone with no emotional investment in the issue, I think it would be fascinating to be at the stadium right after the trade went down. Would fans boo all game? Would there be protests? Would people boycott? I'd be really curious to gauge the reaction.

I don't see how anyone can objectively say that Tua is what's wrong with this team. 

I absolutely can point at poor personnel choices by Grier, Flo's coaching decisions, let alone his dual OC and cycling through them.  

Myself, I don't want them to trade for Watson at the rumored cost.  Wanna make Grier the scape goat and hand the keys to Marvin Allen, sure. Insist to Flo that has stability in the OC etc... I'm on board.  Hemorrhaging the future by trading for Watson screams a last ditch effort to save jobs, and isn't the best way forward IMO.

listened to the John McClain interview with Joe Rose, he sounded like a puppet for the Texans.  

ETA I've no doubt that they're talking but dude sounded like a shill 

listened to the John McClain interview with Joe Rose, he sounded like a puppet for the Texans.  

Jonn's not a puppet, but he does have a hard time criticizing current Texan's management as I think he feels it could jeopardize his access to the team. He has no problem criticizing management after they are fired.

Tua is not the issue here.  Waddle is not the issue here, and some have pointed out (Waldman, I think) that waddle is actually opening things up for Gesecki and Hollins bc the defense needs to account for him on every play.  

The issue here is coaching.  Offensively, there is so much to unpack that I don't know where to start: They are basically doing to Tua what they did to Tannyhill. Poor O line play, no running game, and no trust to give the QB the ball and say "go sling it".  You think they would have been any better coaching Herbert?  Herbert has a decent O Line (not great, but decent) and Keenan Allen, Williams, and Eckler.  Oh, and No RPOs.  Tanny didn't get any and now Tua doesn't really get any either. This coaching staff likely gets Herbert killed and we are talking about Tua lighting it up in San Diego.

I am no O-Line coach either, but most great O Lines in history don't have their linemen playing "musical positions" week to week. We have so much draft Capital sunk into the line position that perhaps its not the scouts (maybe its the scouts) but when was the last time we had an O line coach that wasn't out of football after he left the fins?

Our WR room was such an issue last year that we picked Waddle and brought in fuller (who was always hurt and guess what, is hurt again!).  

Now add all that to the fact the defense has REGRESSED and let's still blame this on the QB.  Tua had one bad pass last week.  Everyone else came up short (Especially Gesecki running 7 yard routes when we need 8). 

Now, Watson can play with a crappy o line and tends to elevate players with his ability to extend plays, but to gut the team for that (and a suspension most likely) seems like a backward thinking proposition.  I'll take it if they do it bc why not, at least we can go back to losing 30-28 with watson back there.

EDIT TO ADD: You know what is going to happen here, right?  Flo will keep his job but grier will lose his.  Then next year we have a new GM but the coach sucks so we fire Flo and the GM then picks the new coach.  The never ending ferris wheel of crap will continue.

EDIT TO ADD: You know what is going to happen here, right?  Flo will keep his job but grier will lose his.  Then next year we have a new GM but the coach sucks so we fire Flo and the GM then picks the new coach.  The never ending ferris wheel of crap will continue.
And then you realize you've become the Jets. Down to a "T," almost. 

TripleThreat said:
I don't see how anyone can objectively say that Tua is what's wrong with this team. 

Gatorman said:
Tua is not the issue here.  Waddle is not the issue here, and some have pointed out (Waldman, I think) that waddle is actually opening things up for Gesecki and Hollins bc the defense needs to account for him on every play.  
I'm sorry the two of you feel this way. I have not called a Tua supporter on the carpet yet and that's even when Gator was putting words in my mouth and occasionally coming behind my posts and quoting me. I let it go, didn't spike it every time Tua came up short, which is a LOT!

You can keep pointing to everything around him being bad, can be said for hundreds of QBs drafted over the years but it never worked out for any of those guys either so if it feels better to blame the whole team for Tua not being able to throw the football and move the team down the field, excuses excuses excuses and its been that way since he was woefully overdrafted at the 5th pick, i don't care if they still passed on Herbert at 5 and someone else took Tua at 7! He was OVER-DRAFTED coming off a potential CAREER ENDING INJURY, that's not the same guy from college and hasn;t been since he blew out his hip socket, the deep inside of it I might add and there isn't a lot of precedence for coming back from it. 

Stop protecting him, he sucks as is. We can go back and watch college film of him and wonder what could have been but its over in terms of NFL and the fact he needs a PERFECT TEAM around him the way you huddle and circle and protect him from criticism, it's like a special needs player at QB, we deserve a lot better than this. 

Cheers from the 305!

And it's time to trade Xav Howard and I have a couple teams that need a lot of help. I would knock on the Cards door and see what's the most you can squeeze for him, they're 1st is going to be closer to an early 2nd but they likely know that and are willing to part with it. Next would be those Bucs which needs all kinds of help in the Secondary right now. After that? I wouldn't be above Green Bay or Dallas and see which one one wants to maybe start a bidding war. Dallas could use more star DB to make their Super Bowl run this year and not in the coming years.  

Of course Miami would get a 1st round pick and I know he is fighting thru an injury but it's not a major one and we're talking Playoff teams in opposing conferences, we'll never see him again. More than a 1st and also clear some cap space for next year after we get Watson. 

I saw a comment somewhere else that resonated, name one player besides X who is an impact player on this team.   You can't do it.  Holland and Waddle show signs they could be one in the future, but not yet.  Wilkins/Davis/Ogbah on the D-line, are good, even very good, but are they All-Pro level?   Gesicki?  One dimensional.  Sanders.  There I said it, a kicker is our second best impact player.  Having one player who would undoubtedly start in the 22 for over 75% of the league just shows a real lack of talent on the team as a whole.  If you want to blame Tua, go ahead, but he isn't the overlying problem.  

IMO honestly, going 10-6 last year was the worst thing that could have happened to this team.   This season feels like year 2 of the rebuild, last year being year 3.   All of a sudden last year happens and the talk starts... "ahead of schedule" "playoffs in 2021" "ready to break out".  Harsh reality hits this year.  Because of last year, we push harder to compete now, make trades for luxury pieces (slot wide receivers) instead of fixing problems (OL, LB), cut too many players that we didn't see provided intangibles like leadership (Fitzpatrick), all in the name of exceeding expectations again.  Even if Tua was a long term answer, we have so many holes elsewhere that by the time we fill everything, Tua would be looking for a long-term $$ contract which blows the salary structure.  

I saw a comment somewhere else that resonated, name one player besides X who is an impact player on this team.   You can't do it.  Tua would be looking for a long-term $$ contract which blows the salary structure.  
Tua is part of those 53 players you say have no impact so I don't know that he is even going to see his 5th year option exercised at this point. Let's see where we are in the next 12-24 hours if this thing is really happening or not. 

Watson is calling the shots, Miami must know he's told Houston only these teams, his anger at the HOUSTON TEXANS stance hasn't changed him one bit despite this off field shenanigans, this guy has not waivered from never playing for them again. The Texans going back to when Watson first had his social media outburst were the laughing stocks of the NFL and Miami was holding all the cards and I have maintained that it has to be unbelievably tough for them to hand over a franchise QB on top of everything else.  

But I'm betting Philly has a better offer and Houston can't take it. I'd love to think Miami could somehow come out of this with only sending a 1st and perhaps Tua but Houston has made it known they don't want Tua or a QB flip here. That's why there has to be a 3rd team so Miami can turn around and ship out Tua quickly. 

I'm sorry the two of you feel this way. I have not called a Tua supporter on the carpet yet and that's even when Gator was putting words in my mouth and occasionally coming behind my posts and quoting me. I let it go, didn't spike it every time Tua came up short, which is a LOT!

You can keep pointing to everything around him being bad, can be said for hundreds of QBs drafted over the years but it never worked out for any of those guys either so if it feels better to blame the whole team for Tua not being able to throw the football and move the team down the field, excuses excuses excuses and its been that way since he was woefully overdrafted at the 5th pick, i don't care if they still passed on Herbert at 5 and someone else took Tua at 7! He was OVER-DRAFTED coming off a potential CAREER ENDING INJURY, that's not the same guy from college and hasn;t been since he blew out his hip socket, the deep inside of it I might add and there isn't a lot of precedence for coming back from it. 

Stop protecting him, he sucks as is. We can go back and watch college film of him and wonder what could have been but its over in terms of NFL and the fact he needs a PERFECT TEAM around him the way you huddle and circle and protect him from criticism, it's like a special needs player at QB, we deserve a lot better than this. 

Cheers from the 305!
Sigh.  Maybe you are correct, but you've been a fan long enough to see the parallels here with TUA that we had with Tannyhill.  Look at Fields and Lance and even wilson and Mac.  They are all having their growing pains as well. SO did Josh allen for that matter.  Only guys who hit it coming out of the draft were Herbert and Murray at this point (you could say Lamar and Mahomes but both started behind a vet and had a full training camp).  Everyone else (I may have missed one) is/was a work in progress.  

The one difference in the case of all those other players (other than, say, Rosen) Is the team had their back to try and make it work.  Do you see Miami handing Tua the keys and just letting him play?  The only two games I have seen so far that they have are THe game against Arizona last year and the game against new england this year to start the season.

Casual observer and I know there are cherry picked highlights,  Tua looks pretty good here. Only no rocket arm ball downfield but seems he's not the major problem. But won't pretend to know a lot about the Phins

https://youtu.be/WxldqtHGWkA
Here is one that has every throw, including incompletes and the interception.  Some of these plays just look terrible on design.  The one at 3:08 (on 1st and 10) with 8 blockers and only 2 deep receivers for example.  Waste of a play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tYvvo3ay10

I see a lot of positives...I mean I'd take Tua any day on my team of interest. But man that INT was bad. Was it asked by the media what happened there? Overall though he shows decent mobility, hanging in tough in the pocket, making tight window throws. Every QB has bad throws like he shows there too. I guess grass is greener applies here for some. I definitely would take Herbert over him but I guess I don't see a terrible QB. Small sample size, I'll watch more vids to get better educated as he might be on the move and is available in a lot of my leagues 

Honestly, when you think about the draft pick, I understand why they made the trade they did.  The phins are coming off a 10 win season and they have the abiltiy to swap picks with the 9ers.  Hindsight is 20/20, but look at it from their perspective (same perspective, BTW, that Houston used in the Tunsil deal).  Our team "just" missed the playoffs after a 10 win season and we are trading with a team that is in the hardest division in football and wants a rookie QB;  Before the season if you asked "who would have the better record, Miami or San Fran" the answer for most would be "Miami".  As it stands now, the niners only have one more win and they haven't hit the teeth of their schedule yet (and Miami's schedule gets easier here on out)..

People can lament the "trading away the draft pick to move up again" but other than a few pundits (who wanted pitts or sewell), Miami made the correct move with the info they had at the time for that top pick.  Now, you can argue the rest of the draft because I think they screwed up a decent amount after waddle, but the maneuvering at the top made sense to me.

Honestly, when you think about the draft pick, I understand why they made the trade they did.  The phins are coming off a 10 win season and they have the abiltiy to swap picks with the 9ers.  Hindsight is 20/20, but look at it from their perspective (same perspective, BTW, that Houston used in the Tunsil deal).  Our team "just" missed the playoffs after a 10 win season and we are trading with a team that is in the hardest division in football and wants a rookie QB;  Before the season if you asked "who would have the better record, Miami or San Fran" the answer for most would be "Miami".  As it stands now, the niners only have one more win and they haven't hit the teeth of their schedule yet (and Miami's schedule gets easier here on out)..

People can lament the "trading away the draft pick to move up again" but other than a few pundits (who wanted pitts or sewell), Miami made the correct move with the info they had at the time for that top pick.  Now, you can argue the rest of the draft because I think they screwed up a decent amount after waddle, but the maneuvering at the top made sense to me.
I wouldn't characterize it as swapping picks with the 49ers. We agreed to give 1 of our 2 first round 2022 picks to Philly to move up 6 spots. I still think Grier believed that either Pitts or Chase would be there at 1.06, as ATL was also considering both Fields and Sewell and CIN was considering Sewell. So we drafted Waddle who has been compared to Tyreek, but Waddle while fast doesn't have world-class speed. So far, Waddle has been much less impressive than Chase and Toney and doesn't look as good as Bateman IMO.  Some of that is on the play-calling and oline and QB. I think he's a faster version of Crowder. Waddle made sense at 1.06, but not at 1.06 + 1.0x. We'll still need a true alpha WR in 2022 - I think Parker will be cut, or injured yet again. 

Regarding which 2022 first rounder to give up - Miami's or SF's - many of us at the time said neither. The draft capital experts said we gained tremendous value in the trade down with SF, but lost much of it with the trade up with PHI. It could've been some combination of 2nd and later round picks. Having 2 1st round picks in 2022 would be the basis for getting a franchise QB if Tua doesn't work out. The verdict is still out on Tua, but leaning to no. He has 11 games to prove himself.

At the time of the trade, IIRC, the prediction experts had Miami and SF with nearly the same win total. SF was decimated by injuries in 2020, Miami was turn-over & FitzMagic lucky in 2020, and both NE and the NYJ were projected to be improved. Some had SF going to the SB. If you check back in the draft thread, you'll see that many of us thought it would've been better to give up the SF 2022 first. 

>>Rosenhaus said on WSVN he expects Grier and Flores to get another full season (2022) regardless of how team plays rest of 2021.... From my reporting: Grier associate said Grier has no concern about his job security (inexplicably).<<

A 2 or 3 win season with no major injuries, except Parker who's always injured, is on Grier. We should split with the Jets and it's 50-50 to beat the Texans with Tyrod back. Philly will have our 1.03-1.04 and NYG our 3.04 in 2022. 

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1452374879689396226?t=GoK16TschgK2V89fBth5rw&s=19

6 losses in a row, one more for Flores to tie his own record for consecutive losses. 

Armando Salguero

@ArmandoSalguero

·2h

#Falcons TE Kyle Pitts caught 7 passes for 163 yards today vs. #Dolphins. #Bengals WR Ja'Marr Chase had 8 catches for 201 and is on way to OROY. Dolphins, in position to get pick of either, traded out of spot. And Chris Grier keeps his job? Seriously?

6 losses in a row, one more for Flores to tie his own record for consecutive losses. 

Armando Salguero

@ArmandoSalguero

·2h

#Falcons TE Kyle Pitts caught 7 passes for 163 yards today vs. #Dolphins. #Bengals WR Ja'Marr Chase had 8 catches for 201 and is on way to OROY. Dolphins, in position to get pick of either, traded out of spot. And Chris Grier keeps his job? Seriously?
It's always about the next draft with Grier. But he doesn't get it right with his early picks.

Staying at 12, with 2 extra1st round picks in both 2022 & 2023 would've been acceptable if we had ended up with difference makers like Parsons and Toney. Waddle is a good slot WR, nothing more so far, and Phillips is a project & tweener DE/LB. The 2020 1st rounder Austin Jackson had a key penalty today and 2020 1st rounder Noah Igbinoghene was inactive. Again. And 2020 1st rounder Tua threw 2 ugly picks. It's always about potential with these high selections.

The one person that needs to go.......won't

15 yrs of incompetence at the top. Isn't the definition of stupidity "continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" ?

Ross seems like a good guy who wants to win, but has too big of an ego to realize he has no clue how to find and hire the right people. IMHO he is the one responsible, totally, for the sinking of this ship (no matter what you want to name the ship)

Rarely a pass rush, opposing QBs have all day to find receivers. 

Van Ginkel isn't making those crazy plays he made a year ago. Howard stopped producing interceptions. 

Even if Tua had the offense scoring 24-30 a week we still lose. 

Which 1st round pick was traded to the Eagles, their own or the 49ers?
The one worth the 1.02/1.03 pick right now. 

Miami traded their own 1st round selection to Philly to move up a few spots to get Waddle. 

That's right, Jaylen Waddle cost Two 1st Round picks, really worth it, eh? 

The one worth the 1.02/1.03 pick right now. 

Miami traded their own 1st round selection to Philly to move up a few spots to get Waddle. 

That's right, Jaylen Waddle cost Two 1st Round picks, really worth it, eh? 
Not just any 2 1st round picks.  We gave up a 1.12 AND currently a 1.03. For a good slot WR, per Chris Simm's evaluation. He'll never be an alpha like Steve Smith or Tyreek.

And NYG currently gets Miami's 3.02 in 2022 for the trade-up to get Liam Eichenbeg. Liam might become good, I bet there were other good options. 

Grier must go.

Ministry of Pain said:
Omar Kelly(Phins beat writer) was a huge supporter of Tua and the selection and these are his words today 

Tua Era is Over

🤷‍♂️
To be fair, Omar tweeted that when Tua threw that INT after Howard got the turnover (which I was yelling at the TV about when it happened).  I'm not sure how we can pin the last two losses on Tua.  I get it, he deserves some blame bc at the end of the day he threw some really head scratching interceptions (the first one Shaheen ran the wrong route, second one was dumb (But the play call was worse)).

Miami has lost 3 games by a combined 8 points.  We win those games last year with our defense from last year. This team has regressed, but Waddle, Gesecki, and Tua are not to blame for this.  He isn't a savior (and to be fair Watson would elevate this team's outlook bc he makes players around him better), but gutting the defense and hoping guys would improve has been an utter failure.  Giving greier and flo another year is not what I would do, but I wouldn't have done what theyve done up to now either (other than draft Tua.  I had no issue with the pick)

To be fair, Omar tweeted that when Tua threw that INT after Howard got the turnover (which I was yelling at the TV about when it happened).  I'm not sure how we can pin the last two losses on Tua.  I get it, he deserves some blame bc at the end of the day he threw some really head scratching interceptions (the first one Shaheen ran the wrong route, second one was dumb (But the play call was worse)).

Miami has lost 3 games by a combined 8 points.  We win those games last year with our defense from last year. This team has regressed, but Waddle, Gesecki, and Tua are not to blame for this.  He isn't a savior (and to be fair Watson would elevate this team's outlook bc he makes players around him better), but gutting the defense and hoping guys would improve has been an utter failure.  Giving greier and flo another year is not what I would do, but I wouldn't have done what theyve done up to now either (other than draft Tua.  I had no issue with the pick)
The majority of fans and pundits had no issue with the Tua pick at the time. He was even in the conversation for going higher if he hadn't been injured. But after after 12 starts in the NFL I'm still asking this question: why doesn't he throw it deep more often? Brees is sometimes mentioned as a high-end comp but a young Brees threw a grew deep ball to Stills, Cooks and others, without having a bazooka for an arm. Is he afraid of getting hit, or is his arm not strong enough?

Unless Deshaun Watson can play defense he ain't going to make a difference. Two games, two game wining drives in the last minutes by the Jags and Falcons against this defense. Let that sink in. I had a feeling this defense was smoke and mirrors last year, now I'm pretty sure of it. Trade X and get a first rounder for him before the shine wears off and we are stuck with him at a crazy salary.

Points Against - 207 31st

Opponent QB Rating - 104.1 27th

Passing Yards Allowed - 2080 31st

Passing TD's allowed - 15 29th

Interceptions - 3 27th

20+ yard passes - 37 32nd

20+ yard runs - 6 29th

Users who are viewing this thread