What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4(102) Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland (4 Viewers)

Weeden seemed to trust him and the timing/chemistry was good last week. Weeden tried to lead him on a redzone target that would have taken a spectacular catch and it almost worked. No one else in the short passing game is earning trust and MoMass is out.

also there's this from Steve Doerschuk of the Canton Rep:

Second-year pro Jordan Cameron, on the other hand, is in the offense to stay after a breakout game against the Bills.

“He feels healthy right now,” Childress said. “It’s good to see a healthy Jordan Cameron out there.”
apparently Cameron wasn't involved much in the first two weeks because of a back injury suffered in August...
Interesting to read. Didn't know about back thing. Tough to get too excited about anyone in that Browns passing game, but if he's talented the old "Somebody has to catch passes" bromide might actually hold water here.

Just took at look at his 6 targets last week:

1) Lined up wide against a corner who gave him a 7 to 10 yard cushin. Simple 5 yard in pattern and was wide open, added 7 yard after catch.

2) Lined up on the line. The play action was enough to bring the LB's in, Cameron ran a easy 15 yard in right in front of the safety and behind the LB's. Easy catch and throw.

3) From the 6 yard line, started in line and motioned to Weeden's far right. The play was designed for him as sort of a back shoulder stop on the goal line, but the defender sat at the goal line and had him well covered. Weeded rightfully threw the ball away.

4) Lined up on the line, a simple drag across the field, caught for 4 yards. No opportunity to run after catch.

5) Lined up on the line, a fly pattern. There was a small window to throw the ball, and Weeden put in through that window, but it was just out of reach of a diving Cameron. It was a good throw, just a tough play to make, a near miss.

6) Lined up on the line, a quick out pattern, maybe a yard or two off the LOS, was able to turn it up field and get 7 on the play.

Didn't see any targets after the 1:21 mark in the 3rd Quarter, but they only ran like 16 non-punt plays after that.

Just took at look at his 6 targets last week:1) Lined up wide against a corner who gave him a 7 to 10 yard cushin. Simple 5 yard in pattern and was wide open, added 7 yard after catch.2) Lined up on the line. The play action was enough to bring the LB's in, Cameron ran a easy 15 yard in right in front of the safety and behind the LB's. Easy catch and throw.3) From the 6 yard line, started in line and motioned to Weeden's far right. The play was designed for him as sort of a back shoulder stop on the goal line, but the defender sat at the goal line and had him well covered. Weeded rightfully threw the ball away.4) Lined up on the line, a simple drag across the field, caught for 4 yards. No opportunity to run after catch.5) Lined up on the line, a fly pattern. There was a small window to throw the ball, and Weeden put in through that window, but it was just out of reach of a diving Cameron. It was a good throw, just a tough play to make, a near miss.6) Lined up on the line, a quick out pattern, maybe a yard or two off the LOS, was able to turn it up field and get 7 on the play. Didn't see any targets after the 1:21 mark in the 3rd Quarter, but they only ran like 16 non-punt plays after that.
good stuff :thumbup:

Just took at look at his 6 targets last week:1) Lined up wide against a corner who gave him a 7 to 10 yard cushin. Simple 5 yard in pattern and was wide open, added 7 yard after catch.2) Lined up on the line. The play action was enough to bring the LB's in, Cameron ran a easy 15 yard in right in front of the safety and behind the LB's. Easy catch and throw.3) From the 6 yard line, started in line and motioned to Weeden's far right. The play was designed for him as sort of a back shoulder stop on the goal line, but the defender sat at the goal line and had him well covered. Weeded rightfully threw the ball away.4) Lined up on the line, a simple drag across the field, caught for 4 yards. No opportunity to run after catch.5) Lined up on the line, a fly pattern. There was a small window to throw the ball, and Weeden put in through that window, but it was just out of reach of a diving Cameron. It was a good throw, just a tough play to make, a near miss.6) Lined up on the line, a quick out pattern, maybe a yard or two off the LOS, was able to turn it up field and get 7 on the play. Didn't see any targets after the 1:21 mark in the 3rd Quarter, but they only ran like 16 non-punt plays after that.
:goodposting: One note of interest is ESPN says he was second on team with 6 targets only behind Ben Watson's 8. A few ways to look at that. One is that Watson is still the man which I just find hard to believe can continue going forward (I say this as a Pats fan with a large sample size of a much younger Watson.) A more positive spin is that TE is a focal point of the teams offense which should translate into plenty of targets for JC one way or the other.

I really think this guy is the best option on the Cleveland passing offense.On the Cleveland thread it's said he's not ready; well he looks sure ready to catch passes to me.
Like Evan Moore before him, he isn't there as a blocker, so he won't get a full load of snaps. Hopefully, unlike Moore, that skill develops.

Weeden seemed to trust him and the timing/chemistry was good last week. Weeden tried to lead him on a redzone target that would have taken a spectacular catch and it almost worked. No one else in the short passing game is earning trust and MoMass is out.

also there's this from Steve Doerschuk of the Canton Rep:

Second-year pro Jordan Cameron, on the other hand, is in the offense to stay after a breakout game against the Bills.

"He feels healthy right now," Childress said. "It's good to see a healthy Jordan Cameron out there."
apparently Cameron wasn't involved much in the first two weeks because of a back injury suffered in August...
Interesting to read. Didn't know about back thing. Tough to get too excited about anyone in that Browns passing game, but if he's talented the old "Somebody has to catch passes" bromide might actually hold water here.
he hurt his back in PS game 1 IIRC. made a long catch and then landed awkwardly.

I really think this guy is the best option on the Cleveland passing offense.On the Cleveland thread it's said he's not ready; well he looks sure ready to catch passes to me.
Not much competition there and he definitely has the talent to be a big part of the offense. Reminds me a bit of the Chargers offense when the offense was little more than Tomlinson and Gates. Weeden certainly isn't Brees, but Cameron looks like the best option for him.

Last year I had EMoore.. This year I had JCameron.. I moved on to Myers... Backing up Gates... All the while I avoided MBennett..

It's the year of the TE if you aren't chasing yer tail... Rookie QB I thought Cameron would be a good choice... He may still be...

Just took at look at his 6 targets last week:

1) Lined up wide against a corner who gave him a 7 to 10 yard cushin. Simple 5 yard in pattern and was wide open, added 7 yard after catch.

2) Lined up on the line. The play action was enough to bring the LB's in, Cameron ran a easy 15 yard in right in front of the safety and behind the LB's. Easy catch and throw.

3) From the 6 yard line, started in line and motioned to Weeden's far right. The play was designed for him as sort of a back shoulder stop on the goal line, but the defender sat at the goal line and had him well covered. Weeded rightfully threw the ball away.

4) Lined up on the line, a simple drag across the field, caught for 4 yards. No opportunity to run after catch.

5) Lined up on the line, a fly pattern. There was a small window to throw the ball, and Weeden put in through that window, but it was just out of reach of a diving Cameron. It was a good throw, just a tough play to make, a near miss.

6) Lined up on the line, a quick out pattern, maybe a yard or two off the LOS, was able to turn it up field and get 7 on the play.

Didn't see any targets after the 1:21 mark in the 3rd Quarter, but they only ran like 16 non-punt plays after that.
:goodposting: One note of interest is ESPN says he was second on team with 6 targets only behind Ben Watson's 8. A few ways to look at that. One is that Watson is still the man which I just find hard to believe can continue going forward (I say this as a Pats fan with a large sample size of a much younger Watson.)

A more positive spin is that TE is a focal point of the teams offense which should translate into plenty of targets for JC one way or the other.
The bolded isn't entirely true. Richardson was targetted 7 times - so technically, Cameron was 3rd.

Heads up for tonight's game on news that could boost TE Jordan Cameron.

Two guys who could have bitten into Cameron's pass attemps are OUT for tonight:

=================================

Alex Smith | TE | CLE

Smith (concussion) has been ruled out for Thursday's game against the Ravens, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Spin:

As expected, Smith will not be able to suit up against the Ravens. Jordan Cameron will be called upon to help fill in for Smith and could see added opportunities in his absence.

Massaquoi (hamstring) has been ruled out for Thursday's game against the Ravens, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Spin:

Overall, Massaquoi has been relatively quiet to date, with nine receptions for 145 yards and no touchdowns in three games, but he's still the Browns' leading receiver, in terms of yardage. With Massaquoi out, look for fellow wideout Jordan Norwood to be active for the first time this season Thursday.

And don't forget that TE Evan Moore was cut so the only TEs available are Ben Watson and Cameron. Also Browns head coach Pat Shurmur came down hard on WR Greg Little in his press conference so if G-Little has any slip-ups catching the ball or posing ALA Usama Bolt after a catch he could be on the bench meaning Jordan's chances to get some good looks go up so keep an eye on him and if you are looking for a boost from your TE position Jordan Cameron could be a sneeky play.

Heads up for tonight's game on news that could boost TE Jordan Cameron.

Two guys who could have bitten into Cameron's pass attemps are OUT for tonight:

Alex Smith | TE | CLE

Smith (concussion) has been ruled out for Thursday's game against the Ravens, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Spin:

As expected, Smith will not be able to suit up against the Ravens. Jordan Cameron will be called upon to help fill in for Smith and could see added opportunities in his absence.

Massaquoi (hamstring) has been ruled out for Thursday's game against the Ravens, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Spin:

Overall, Massaquoi has been relatively quiet to date, with nine receptions for 145 yards and no touchdowns in three games, but he's still the Browns' leading receiver, in terms of yardage. With Massaquoi out, look for fellow wideout Jordan Norwood to be active for the first time this season Thursday.

And don't forget that TE Evan Moore was cut so the only TEs available are Ben Watson and Cameron. Also Browns head coach Pat Shurmur came down hard on WR Greg Little in his press conference so if G-Little has any slip-ups catching the ball or posing ALA Usama Bolt after a catch he could be on the bench meaning Jordan's chances to get some good looks go up so keep an eye on him and if you are looking for a boost from your TE position Jordan Cameron could be a sneeky play.
Him and WR Travis Benjamin.

Neither of them are sneaky plays, both are watch's though, and if they're still out there in your dyno add them in the next 4 hours.

is anyone goingto get a little loco and start this kid tonight? That would nbe a bold move....I just bought in on him in my dynasty league after reading about him in another thread. The ben watson presence scares me though...I would like to see him as THE man in the TE spot. The fact that he has a rookie QB like Weeden might help him not hurt, since he will be weeden's security blanket...a big, rangy, reliable target

Should we pick him up in a redraft? I mean, he's a freaking Brown. Only Richardson is start-able on that grotesque team.
Only in crazy-deep leagues, like I'm in one with Moeaki as my 3rd TE and the best available on waivers are Rosario and Fasano.

Just one more thing to add to the Jordan Cameron script.

The FB is slowly getting fazed out of the offensive snap count.

My link

... In case you're wondering, Marecic's snap counts have been dropping each game: 20-15-8. This offense is not fullback-friendly, and Marecic has done little to make the coaches change their mind about that.
So not only is:- WR Mohammed Massaquoi OUT

- TE Alex Smith OUT

- WR Greg Little in the doghouse

But the starting FB is getting erased from snap counts.

TE Jordan Cameron's back is healthy, he's coming off of a game where he saw solid attempts come his direction, the competition for taking snaps away from him are diminishing. Add that last year's redzone TE threat, Evan Moore, is no longer on the team and Jordan saw an attempt in the redzone Sunday against Buffalo.

I think he is set up for a potentially nice game.

is anyone goingto get a little loco and start this kid tonight? That would nbe a bold move....I just bought in on him in my dynasty league after reading about him in another thread. The ben watson presence scares me though...I would like to see him as THE man in the TE spot. The fact that he has a rookie QB like Weeden might help him not hurt, since he will be weeden's security blanket...a big, rangy, reliable target
Strongly considering it given my other options are Heath Miller (bye) and Jacob Tamme (uncertain injury and general suckitude over last two games, despite good match up).Anyone else considering it?

Last edited by a moderator:
glad i didnt buy into this... :rolleyes:
We are not all fortunate enough to be in 8 team leagues.
Odd reply.I'm in 10 redraft leagues ranging from 10 to 14 teams, which all have buy-ins of at least $100. He's available in every single one.
That lie was entertaining.
How about this lie:He's currently owned in 0% of Yahoo Leagues.I like the guy and have him on the watch list in all of my leagues, but he is waiver material in redraft leagues at this point.

Seems really raw at this point. Outperformed by Big Ben Watson. That's not very confidence inspiring, but it's early yet. At least Weeden look poised and won't detract from his production.

glad i didnt buy into this... :rolleyes:
As a dynasty owner, saw lots of good tonight. Several plays called specifically for him and with better timing with his QB the plays will come. No one should've been considering him tonight. Just a watch.
As a Dynasty owner myself, I was not expecting much tonight, so nothing about tonight's 1-15 performance did anything to temper my enthusiasm for his dynasty prospects. He still looks a little raw to me, but the athletic ability is there. I don't know that he will be able to be counted on this season for much more than a bye-week filler.

should this guy be performing by now? Watson still hanging in there. Will Cameron be able to put it together next season or is he just another Fendi Onobun

should this guy be performing by now? Watson still hanging in there. Will Cameron be able to put it together next season or is he just another Fendi Onobun
Watson is still getting most of the targets (43 to Cameron's 28) and catching them better (58 to 43%). This season is a complete bust but Watson's contract is up after the season. If he is re-signed or they add another good TE I think that will say a lot about Cameron's future.

Good news is they go to Cameron a lot in the red zone. Bad news is it's usually a fade, and Weeden and he never come close to completing it. When they throw in middle of field in red zone, it's usually Watson who is targeted.

I've watched all his games this year and Cameron honestly seems like a dime-a-dozen guy to me. He's made some good plays, but for the most part just plays you'd expect out of any pass-catching TE2.

Gates had already broken out by the time he was the TE coach, but had his two best seasons while Chud was in SD. Winslow and Olsen also had their best seasons with him as well.

Rob Chudzinski : Why Browns TE Jordan Cameron Will Breakout In 2013.

CLEVELAND – While the hiring of new head coach Rob Chudzinski may not be the “big splash” many Cleveland Browns fans had hoped for, it may be just the thing for tight end Jordan Cameron.

Chudzinski, the former offensive coordinator of the Carolina Panthers, was hired by the Browns to take over a team that was near the bottom of nearly every offensive category in the 2012-13 season.

The 44-year-old native of Toledo, may not have the big-name credentials of a Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher or Chip Kelly, but in terms of his work on offense—especially the tight end position—the biggest beneficiary of Chudzinski’s hiring might be the third-year tight end out of USC.

A former tight ends coach for the Browns in 2004 under Butch Davis, Chudzinski would leave to become the same position for the San Diego Chargers, where he would help develop a converted basketball player out of Kent State by the name of Antonio Gates into one of the premier tight ends in the game.

Under Chudzinski’s tutelage, Gates would catch 89 passes for 1,101 yards and score ten touchdowns in 2005 and 71 catches for 924 yards and nine touchdowns in 2006, before returning to the Browns in 2007 as offensive coordinator.

Back home in his native Ohio, he would help develop Kellen Winslow II into a Pro Bowl tight end, as Winslow would catch 82 passes for a career-best 1,106 yards and five touchdowns.

After a second stint with the Chargers as tight ends coach/assistant head coach in 2009-10, Chudzinski would be named offensive coordinator for the Panthers in 2011.

In Carolina, he would help tight end Greg Olsen set career highs in catches (69) and receiving yards (843)

With a proven track record of developing tight ends into Pro-Bowl caliber players, why can’t Cameron achieve the same kind of success in Chudzinski’s tight-end friendly system?

With multiple reports stating that Chudzinski will be hiring his former boss in Norv Turner as offensive coordinator, there is no reason why Cameron will breakout.

Make no mistake, Cameron was underutilized in Pat Shurmur’s conservative version of the West Coast Offense(WCO), as he would catch a mere 20 passes for 226 yards and one touchdown.

Based on his past track record with tight ends, Chudzinski will not make that same mistake with the 6’5, 245-pounder.

With a vertical downfield passing attack tailor made for his unique blend of speed and athleticism, look for Cameron to play a big role in the Chudzinski’s offense in 2013.

What to read into the Browns pursuing Fred Davis? It might not happen but I'm concerned that they feel the need to sign a high profile TE.

What to read into the Browns pursuing Fred Davis? It might not happen but I'm concerned that they feel the need to sign a high profile TE.
Maybe but also plausible explanations are: 1) Trying to give Weeden added insurance/safety blanket 2) With the success of Gronkowski and Hernandez and the rabid copy catiness that goes on in the NFL, they could be trying to duplicate. I am more worried about Cameron not showing much on the field for the last two years.

This would be much better news for Cameron:

NFL News: TE Kellen Davis visits Browns

March 16, 2013 by Ryan Jones 0 Comments

Add another tight end to the list of names Mike Lombardi and Joe Banner are targeting to bring to Cleveland. Albert Breer of the NFL Network is reporting the Browns are showing interest in former Bears tight end, Kellen Davis. Davis has additionally drawn interest from the Saints, Stealers, and Bengals.

The 6′ 7″ 27 year old was released by the Bears following their signing of Marcellus Bennet earlier in the week. Davis only managed to catch 37 passes for 435 yards and 6 touchdowns over his last two seasons in Chicago. Chicago general manager Phil Emery acknowledged Davis had “a rough season” last year that was plagued with drops and failed expectations after signing a two year deal before the season.

With former Oakland tight end Brandon Myers reportedly agreeing to terms with the Giants on Saturday, the options of playmakeers at the tight end spot is very limited. The top names remaining on the market are Baltimore’s Dennis Pitta (second round tender), and Fred Davis who the Browns have been linked to. Davis is coming off a torn Achilles tendon last year with Washington.

I think your concern is founded, Cameron hasn't given anyone a reason to believe in him - new guys should treat him as an upside #2 as they seem to be.

Honestly, I'm more intrigued by Gary Barnidge if I had to take a flier on one TE on this team. Just not too impressed with Cameron.

Honestly, I'm more intrigued by Gary Barnidge if I had to take a flier on one TE on this team. Just not too impressed with Cameron.
He was signed because of his blocking and special teams play. Competition likely coming for cameron in the draft, but probably of the day three sort. Opportunity is his for the taking. And he is the only one to care about.

He was signed because of his blocking and special teams play. Competition likely coming for cameron in the draft, but probably of the day three sort. Opportunity is his for the taking. And he is the only one to care about.
Barnridge was always considered a receiving option who needed to work on blocking. When did he become a blocking expert that lacks receiving skills? How does that even happen?http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/522814

Barnridge was always considered a receiving option who needed to work on blocking. When did he become a blocking expert that lacks receiving skills? How does that even happen?http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/522814
He became a much better blocker and his receiving skills are good so he's a solid all-around TE. However, Cameron is a far better athlete.

He became a much better blocker and his receiving skills are good so he's a solid all-around TE. However, Cameron is a far better athlete.
I wouldn't say that he's a far better athlete, Barnidge has some good speed as well(4.61 40 yard time). Chudzinski brought him over from CAR as well so he's worth keeping an eye on in very deep leagues as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread