What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

4(102) Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland (5 Viewers)

amnesiac said:
bucsbaby said:
:shrug: Cleveland is going to be down in games and slinging it. Cameron and Gordon are their two stud targets. Mediocre to bad QBs favor the TE. Cameron will get his going forward. At this point in the season, which stud TE off the waivers are you going to drop him for?
in redraft i'd look at Fauria on the Lions.keeper or dynasty i'd hold on Cameron.
No way am I dropping Cameron for Fauria.
No kidding, talk about taking "what have you done for me lately" to an inane extreme. Cameron is his teams #1/#2 target and is second among all TEs in targets. Fauria is the backup TE on his team, has 9 targets all season long, and is his teams #5/#6/#7 target.

amnesiac said:
bucsbaby said:
:shrug: Cleveland is going to be down in games and slinging it. Cameron and Gordon are their two stud targets. Mediocre to bad QBs favor the TE. Cameron will get his going forward. At this point in the season, which stud TE off the waivers are you going to drop him for?
in redraft i'd look at Fauria on the Lions.keeper or dynasty i'd hold on Cameron.
No way am I dropping Cameron for Fauria.
sorry, i didn't mean to suggest dropping Cameron was a good idea. but i'd take a look at Fauria.

You've got to think Norv and Chud will force him back into the gameplan, wether Weeden wants to or not. TE is their MO.

That said, I've been benching him for Gates since last week, until further notice.

VA703 said:
Shutout said:
Is the shine coming off him? Can he thrive with weeden ?
he did the first two games when Gordon was out.. now I have no idea if weeden even knows hes on the field
Hyperbole much?

Cameron was second in targets yesterday (6), and he caught five of them.

Gordon and Cameron are still both great plays going forward, especially since Cleveland will probably be trailing in the majority of games and whoever the QB is will need to sling it.

VA703 said:
Shutout said:
he did the first two games when Gordon was out.. now I have no idea if weeden even knows hes on the field
Hyperbole much?

Gordon and Cameron are still both great plays going forward, especially since Cleveland will probably be trailing in the majority of games and whoever the QB is will need to sling it.
I think what people are getting at is that It was mildly concrening that he got 5 of those 6 targets in the last 2 min of the game.

VA703 said:
Shutout said:
Hyperbole much?

I think what people are getting at is that It was mildly concrening that he got 5 of those 6 targets in the last 2 min of the game.
Probably would be more concerning if he had got 5 of those 6 targets in the first two minutes of the game. The truth is that after Gordon he's their best offensive weapon and they'll have to go to him if they expect to win.

Jason Campbell starting over Weeden this week.

Can't imagine the offense will automatically take off, but have to think that Campbell will be looking to check down to Cameron a lot (as well as Ogbonnaya).

Can't imagine the offense will automatically take off, but have to think that Campbell will be looking to check down to Cameron a lot (as well as Ogbonnaya).
Oh yeah. During Campbell's time in DC, he was referred to as Captain Checkdown. Just ask Chris Cooley.

Does this hack have a history of that or does he check down to running the ball himself? I know that's how he got his ### jacked the #### up last time he saw the field.

Is this really good for Cameron? I heard Cambell is even worse than Weeden (if thats possible). It'll be hard for cameron to catch the balls if there thrown at his feet....

Is this really good for Cameron? I heard Cambell is even worse than Weeden (if thats possible). It'll be hard for cameron to catch the balls if there thrown at his feet....
Weeden is just horrible. This probably hurts Gordon the most.

Campbell is going to be a Charlie Checkdown, which can only bode well for Cameron. I'd imagine this means that he's integrated into the offense early and often, rather than just being a come-from-behind target for quick first downs, as he has been with Weeden the last couple of weeks.

Campbell in Washington had Chris Cooley to throw to. Cooley had a career year in 2008, 83 rec 843yds.

Campbell in Oakland had Zach Miller to throw to. Zach Miller went to the Pro Bowl in Campbell's 1st year in Oakland.

Not worried at all about Cameron.

Oh yeah. During Campbell's time in DC, he was referred to as Captain Checkdown. Just ask Chris Cooley.
Yes, immediately thought of Cooley. Granted, can't just assume that it will be the same situation - different coaching staffs, personnel, etc. But have to think that Campbell will be asked to manage the game and not chuck the ball around.

So against the NFL's best defense against the TE, Cameron puts up 4 for 81 with Campbell at the helm. I'm actually optimistic that he can continue to put up TE1 numbers moving forward. We learned that Campbell isn't THAT bad, and teams will have to continue respect Gordon deep. Cameron grabbing all of his targets, including a difficult 37 yard grab in the 4th really shows what he's capable of. I'm hopeful that his targets rise against easier defenses, but think his TDs will decline heavily.

Told people not to panic when Campbell took over. 4/81 is a respectable line and he should continue to be a TE1 going forward.

I'm feeling pretty good after Sunday's game. Campbell came in and used both Gordon and Cameron effectively. 4 for 81 is a very respectable line for their 1st week together.

One thing is clear: Cameron and Gordon are in much better shape with Campbell then with Weeden. I was really worried after Weeden's last game; thought both of them were doomed to fantasy hell with Weeden at the helm.

I am cautiously optimistic going forward. One would assume that they should continue to get better the more reps they get with Campbell. They have Baltimore next week and then a bye; I'm actually kind of relieved they get a bye week in to help get a feel for one another.

no one is concerned he only got 4 targets? as a bear fan the last i saw of campbell was his one start in SF where he looked overwhelmed and the bears got steamrolled by the niners in 2012. I didnt catch much of sunday's game though

no one is concerned he only got 4 targets? as a bear fan the last i saw of campbell was his one start in SF where he looked overwhelmed and the bears got steamrolled by the niners in 2012. I didnt catch much of sunday's game though
As long as he has Campbell as his QB I'll be concerned but he's still a big part of the offense and I expect more than 4 targets a week.

if they were able to put those numbers up against the chiefs I think its safe to say they can put up comparable numbers from here on out

Holy #### people will complain about anything. Worried about 4 targets, with their 3rd string QB, against the Chiefs? TE's who score 8-12 points without a TD are pretty much the definition of a TE 1. I was very encouraged by last week's game.

As long as he has Campbell as his QB I'll be concerned but he's still a big part of the offense and I expect more than 4 targets a week.
As mentioned, KC was the toughest defense in the NFL in terms of TE production. 4 targets, and Cameron caught every single one (even that incredible 37 yarder). No TE has caught more than 4 passes against the Chiefs, and the most yardage before Cameron was 43 yards.

If anything, 4 targets showed me that Campbell was patient and made the most of his passes, which impressed me.

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/fantasystats.php?o=2&TeamID=9010&Season=2013&PosID=40&Side=Allowed&LeagueID=109260

Last edited by a moderator:
i had to fo back 5 pages to find this thread... figured there would be a lot of panicked cameron owners talking in here after a 1 rec effort... anyone who watched the game have any comments on cameron's play? seeing how he is on bye it could be a great buy low if a cameron owner is panicking what did folks see?

i had to fo back 5 pages to find this thread... figured there would be a lot of panicked cameron owners talking in here after a 1 rec effort... anyone who watched the game have any comments on cameron's play? seeing how he is on bye it could be a great buy low if a cameron owner is panicking what did folks see?
You need a Campbell season ending injury to restore Cameron's numbers.

Looks like he was just fine the week prior. This was probably more a result of A) Little having his trademark one awesome game of the year and B) the Browns playing with the lead all game and relentlessly pounding McGahee up the middle for no gain.

Looks like he was just fine the week prior. This was probably more a result of A) Little having his trademark one awesome game of the year and B) the Browns playing with the lead all game and relentlessly pounding McGahee up the middle for no gain.
Until you analyze it. Tied season low targets last week. Season low catches this week.

Previous 2 weeks there were blurbs about how x of his y targets were on the last drive. I would sell if you got a decent offer, esp redraft.

Holy #### people will complain about anything. Worried about 4 targets, with their 3rd string QB, against the Chiefs? TE's who score 8-12 points without a TD are pretty much the definition of a TE 1. I was very encouraged by last week's game.
i agree, but Cameron has only been over 8 points once in his last 5 games. Just sayin...

Who are you going to start in his place? The seeming depth at TE that we thought was there at the start of the year hasn't really materialized. I think if you have Cameron, you have to ride him, unless you have another stud option.

Cameron has shown the ability multiple times this season to put up huge numbers any given Sunday. Can't say the same about a lot of other TEs out there.

Who are you going to start in his place? The seeming depth at TE that we thought was there at the start of the year hasn't really materialized. I think if you have Cameron, you have to ride him, unless you have another stud option.

Cameron has shown the ability multiple times this season to put up huge numbers any given Sunday. Can't say the same about a lot of other TEs out there.
I've got Witten and have been switching them up all season. And EVERY damn time so far this year, the one I have in the lineup has given me single digit points. Worst luck with these two. Guess I'll go back to Witten next week. I'm sure it'll be stellar.

Any hope for Cameron coming out of the bye? He's still #3 in TE scoring, but just not getting the looks the last 3-4 weeks to come close to keeping that pace. Any chance they rectify something coming out of the bye and shift some focus back to him, or is this a Jason Campbell thing?

Any hope for Cameron coming out of the bye? He's still #3 in TE scoring, but just not getting the looks the last 3-4 weeks to come close to keeping that pace. Any chance they rectify something coming out of the bye and shift some focus back to him, or is this a Jason Campbell thing?
Hard to say. I think he'll get back on track. I don't think he'll get to those numbers he was posting at the beginning of the season, but I think he can definitely be a Top 10 TE the ROS.

I said it before, but I'm not worried about Campbell hurting his numbers. Campbell has utilized the TE in Washington and Oakland.

Hopefully he continues to put up solid numbers. Trying to acquire him for the playoff push. He's an upgrade on Clay/Miller anyways.

It's not looking good. He's barely startable anymore but the problem is there's not many other TE to replace him. Josh Gordon looks fine because Campbell looks his way so often. I swear, Norv just ignores Cameron or Campbell just trust Gordon much much more...

It's not looking good. He's barely startable anymore but the problem is there's not many other TE to replace him. Josh Gordon looks fine because Campbell looks his way so often. I swear, Norv just ignores Cameron or Campbell just trust Gordon much much more...
not looking good indeed. Have him in a 2-TE league so he's still a must-start for me but I don't see the upside anymore.

If they don't throw to him its not his fault, the minute Hoyer went down I had a feeling this would happen.

He should be getting 6-8 catches for 60 yards minimum each week. It's unreal how little they use him until the last 2 drives of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread