What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

44 year old idiot gets into first fist fight - CORRECTION- runs into fist - "goal" debate settled - Studs&Duds chimes in - lawyers muck up another thr (1 Viewer)

acarey50 said:
I've got a men's league game tomorrow - I'll try make it a point that anytime someone makes a shot to say "Nice Goal"

Now, to be fair to @Jayrod, a decent argument can be made in his favor as if one blocks a shot that was on it's way down or has already hit the backboard, it is called GOALtending . However, given the typical FBGuy demographic, I'd guess this is something they are unfamiliar with as most would likely struggle to touch the net, much less be able to GOALtend.

It's called a field goal when you score from the field (why isn't it called a court goal??!? You don't play on a field!)

Well, we lost our goal ball game last night. We did come out hot, hitting 3s on the first two possessions - to which I put my hands up in the "Field Goal" football symbol and ran back down the court yelling "Goalllllllllll" in my best soccer announcer impression. Plenty of strange looks and a few laughs.

But, that was the only time the word goal was used that I recall for the game.

Well, we lost our goal ball game last night. We did come out hot, hitting 3s on the first two possessions - to which I put my hands up in the "Field Goal" football symbol and ran back down the court yelling "Goalllllllllll" in my best soccer announcer impression. Plenty of strange looks and a few laughs.

But, that was the only time the word goal was used that I recall for the game.
One convert at a time.

In goal we trust!

If it makes you feel better, and I think you need some of that at this point, you just emboldened that kid.  And it won't be long until he runs into the wrong older, bigger man, without patience, and thinks he can get away with the same thing.  He will be calling an Amberlance.

So at least there's that.

WARNING: NSFW due to LANGUAGE 

I hope he runs into Epic Beard Guy

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread