What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**49'ers at Browns** (+9.5, 36) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

surprised everyone else on the bad call wagon. He was "clean" by inches but he had left his feet and was moving UPWARDS towards head region. He was LUCKY to have been "clean" .

we see far more egregious misses from refs in every game
No. He played that perfectly.
to be clear, not saying I like the call. I'm saying it gets called more times then not. It was NOT played perfectly by any stretch. He was LITERALLY inches from hitting him in the head and left his feet with a slight upward trajectory to do it. Wasn't like the WR was falling and hit him there with bad luck.
Should be able to send it to the booth for review
and it would stand. define "head or neck area"
Blandino said no foul

The Browns will not win this game they always blow it. Had a chance to make it 4th down and commit a huge penalty.

surprised everyone else on the bad call wagon. He was "clean" by inches but he had left his feet and was moving UPWARDS towards head region. He was LUCKY to have been "clean" .

to be clear, not saying I like the call. I'm saying it gets called more times then not. It was NOT played perfectly by any stretch. He was LITERALLY inches from hitting him in the head and left his feet with a slight upward trajectory to do it. Wasn't like the WR was falling and hit him there with bad luck.
What’s he supposed to do, let the guy just catch it uncontested? He made a clean defensive play and made sure not to make illegal contact with the receiver. Blown calls happen but that’s what it was, a terrible call.
we complain about those defenseless receiver calls ALL THE TIME on plays where the DB goes low with a clear intention of avoiding hitting a WR in the head, but the WR ducks/stumbles into it. I hate those, hate the rule.
It's my honest opinion that form needs to be judged more then result. The DB form on that play was EXACTLY what you don't want. He aimed HIGH, and 90+% of the time with that form he's gonna decleat a WR....and properly draw the flag. In this case, I don't know how you don't consider the result the neck area. He missed the head, but was very lucky to have done so. If we're gonna flag the hits on defenseless receiver, I'd rather they flag FORM over specific result. That's the form you flag...HIGH

I don't expect everyone to agree...it's a tough call, and it's a rule I don't like in general. But it's absolutely positively a LONG LONG way from being the worst call of the day.

Browns blew this on Walker's stupid pass when he could ran for yards and possibly set up a TD.

Then they blew it a 2nd time on a hold on what would been 4th and 10

Should be able to send it to the booth for review
and it would stand. define "head or neck area"
Blandino said no foul
since when do we listen to him? ;)

I seen a team get called for grounding before doing just that groudning ball that late into play clock.

Well Browns get the moral win no way he misses

That did not just happen Browns teams do not win these games. I probably just lost a couple fantasy games on that miss I have Moody in like 10 leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread