What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

70-20 (1 Viewer)

Watching running backs run virtually untouched up and down the field is refreshing in today's NFL.

Did McDaniel run it up because of Payton running his mouth?

The was an all-time great collapse. I want the coordinator fired. Now.

I get Tyreek getting some scores. That makes sense. And I get selling out to stop him and then letting a few runs happen. But to allow an 89% completion percentage AND 8.1 YPC on the ground?

Worst NFL defensive performance I've ever seen, and I've been watching football for almost 40 years.

Dolphins could have broken the NFL record for most points scored by a team in one game (held by the Redskins) if they had tried to kick a FG in the final 2 minutes and made it. Pretty classy move.

Broncos fans plz do not think about the Russell Wilson contract
It's a sunk cost.

Broncos can get out of it after this year, but Russell hasn't been bad so far - a bright spot, really. QB play wasn't responsible for giving up 70 today.

But he was absolutely responsible for the vomitous season of 2022. He should have returned money to Denver after that season. He isn't to blame for today's collapse, but he's not leading this team anywhere. His phony persona caught up to him and nobody on the team respects him. Last year when he was screaming at his sideline to yell "RUN OR PASS" I mean, Jesus christ, who does that? He's such a dork.

It's a sunk cost.

Broncos can get out of it after this year, but Russell hasn't been bad so far - a bright spot, really. QB play wasn't responsible for giving up 70 today.

But he was absolutely responsible for the vomitous season of 2022. He should have returned money to Denver after that season. He isn't to blame for today's collapse, but he's not leading this team anywhere. His phony persona caught up to him and nobody on the team respects him. Last year when he was screaming at his sideline to yell "RUN OR PASS" I mean, Jesus christ, who does that? He's such a dork.
A strange take, to criticize the QB the day his d gives up 70 - a FG away (that was easily within reach) from the NFL record.

It's a sunk cost.

Bright spot?? You’re kidding right? Miami had 350 yards rushing on 43 carries and Russell Wilson didn’t make one damn tackle all game!! He clearly needs to play better.

It's a sunk cost.

A strange take, to criticize the QB the day his d gives up 70 - a FG away (that was easily within reach) from the NFL record.

Oh, there won't be a time nor a place that I won't be critical of Russell Wilson for last year's disaster. He was awful and there is no way to sugar coat it. He wasn't to blame today? Here's an idea, engineer some drives to run time off the clock. You know, time of possession and all? Maybe don't toss your defense back on the field if you know they suck?

It's a sunk cost.

Oh, there won't be a time nor a place that I won't be critical of Russell Wilson for last year's disaster. He was awful and there is no way to sugar coat it. He wasn't to blame today? Here's an idea, engineer some drives to run time off the clock. You know, time of possession and all? Maybe don't toss your defense back on the field if you know they suck?
Hard to blame that on him either, considering Sutton kept treating the ball like it had cooties

Dolphins could have broken the NFL record for most points scored by a team in one game (held by the Redskins) if they had tried to kick a FG in the final 2 minutes and made it. Pretty classy move.
Dolphins were throwing bombs while up 35 points midway through the 4th quarter. Not sure how “classy” that was :lmao:

Watching running backs run virtually untouched up and down the field is refreshing in today's NFL.

Did McDaniel run it up because of Payton running his mouth?
It could be a message to the Dolphins owner that really wanted Payton instead of McD.

I also want to double-check to see if Russ may have stomped on the logo.

And I don't think it was anything about running up the score.

I think it was just that when you are watching something beautiful, you don't really think to stop it. It was just a celebration of beautiful offensive football.

And let's also make sure to take time to celebrate Russell Wilson scoring 20 points.

Statistically, that's almost as unlikely as the Dolphins scoring 70.

Will be something when they sit in a room and watch the film. Professionals just giving up because they didn't want to chase down little fast guys in the heat.

Really happy for Tua. He is taking it to the next level in this offense.

I agree on all points

Still....

2022 through 3 games: 3-0, 51/82, 8 TDs 2 INT
2023 through 3 games: 3-0, 51/82, 8 TDs, 2 INT
That is uncanny.
Quick look at pro
football reference says he has about 100 more completed air yards through 3 games compared to last year, so it matches the feeling that he's throwing down field more with success.

But he was playing great the first 3 weeks last year too, then the injuries hit. Hopefully better luck or whatever with that this season.

This is why teams don’t want to guarantee contracts. Russell Wilson has no business starting right now and has completely crippled the team. Latest mock draft from pro football network has them taking Bo Nix despite the salary cap nightmare Wilson has put the Broncos into.

Why are we talking about the broncos QB when they gave up 70? I'm not a Russ fan but he seemed fine. If Sutton stops fumbling on the dolphins side of the field it's still almost a game at halftime

Not that anyone really cares, but my father was at the 1940 championship game (a 73-0 CHI-WAS victory). In something we probably won't ever see again, the Bears had 5 different players kick extra points in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread