What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aaron Rodgers (1 Viewer)

usdemienm

Footballguy
It's championship week for our league and I am playing a pretty competative team. I have Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. However, according to Dodds Week 16 Official Cheatsheet, Aaron Rodgers is ranked #5 vs. the Bears defense and Manning is ranked #16 vs. the Jaguars defense (I don't understand this ranking because the Jags defense has not been very good and it is in a warm climate, plus Manning has been consistently good for a while now). Is anyone else worried about the weather for Monday night? I live in Chicago and we are supposed to get bombarded by snow all weekend long and it will be very cold. I can see Monday night being a very sloppy, low scoring game. Seneca Wallace is available, and he is ranked #6 this week. However, I don't want to gamble my championship game on Wallace and the horrible Seahawks.

Currently they are calling for clear, cold, and 19 mph wind. Rodgers went 21 for 28 with 186 and a TD in 30 mph wind gusts vs Indy this year, but he only threw 9 passes in the 2nd half, completing five for 39 yards, because GB had a double digit lead from the 2nd quarter on. So, he was close to a 300 yard pace in windy conditions when the game was close. I think he's adapted very well to playing in the cold, too. I would definitely trust him over WW options and middling starts. If the wind makes you nervous, I would possibly consider guys like Schaub and Cassel (weather questions of his own) - right now I have to choose b/w Rodgers and Schaub in one matchup and have Rodgers checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a good feeling w/Rodgers at CHI, regardless of weather. CHI is favored, and when Rodgers plays from behind he can become a INT machine, which is -2 in my league.

I would not hesitate to start Peyton!!

Currently they are calling for clear, cold, and 19 mph wind. Rodgers went 21 for 28 with 186 and a TD in 30 mph wind gusts vs Indy this year, but he only threw 9 passes in the 2nd half, completing five for 39 yards, because GB had a double digit lead from the 2nd quarter on. So, he was close to a 300 yard pace in windy conditions when the game was close. I think he's adapted very well to playing in the cold, too. I would definitely trust him over WW options and middling starts. If the wind makes you nervous, I would possibly consider guys like Schaub and Cassel (weather questions of his own) - right now I have to choose b/w Rodgers and Schaub in one matchup and have Rodgers checked.
Last week early many of his passes were off, many were high. I think he is adjusting to the cold because he got better as the game progressed. I'm starting him in 2 championship games.

Thanks Bloom, you are making my decision to go with Rodgers a little more confident. I will definetly keep a close eye on the weather over the weekend. If the weather is clear, he could have some success against the Bears secondary (very suspect).I still am a little baffled as to why Peyton Manning is ranked so low this week. The Packers had a pretty nice week against the Jags last weekend and the Texans passing offense was good a few weeks back against the Jags. I can see Peyton putting up good numbers this week. However, I never go against Dodds predictions, it's gotten me this far.Are there any other Peyton owners out there that are baffeled at his ranking this week?

Thanks Bloom, you are making my decision to go with Rodgers a little more confident. I will definetly keep a close eye on the weather over the weekend. If the weather is clear, he could have some success against the Bears secondary (very suspect).I still am a little baffled as to why Peyton Manning is ranked so low this week. The Packers had a pretty nice week against the Jags last weekend and the Texans passing offense was good a few weeks back against the Jags. I can see Peyton putting up good numbers this week. However, I never go against Dodds predictions, it's gotten me this far.

Are there any other Peyton owners out there that are baffeled at his ranking this week?
really? that doesnt seem like much fun imo, if YOU see manning putting up better numbers than rogers you should start him.

Users who are viewing this thread