What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Actions/trends that need to be retired immediately (1 Viewer)

it's sports. billions of people like sports :shrug:
But there are already world cups and regional championships. It's not like they are amateurs anymore. These games just become bigger and bigger and waste more public public money, become more corrupt etc.

Get rid of them

Loud talkers.  Really, no one gives a flying eff what you're talking about. 

Just wrapped up lunch and heard exactly one half of a conversation between two 20-something guys.  I honestly thought the guy was just talking to himself but turns out the other guy just talked at a normal level.

Starting to see why millenials always have earbuds in. 

Just wrapped up lunch and heard exactly one half of a conversation between two 20-something guys.  I honestly thought the guy was just talking to himself but turns out the other guy just talked at a normal level.

Starting to see why millenials always have earbuds in. 
:goodposting:

Really all comes back to one thing, though... some (most) people are just inconsiderate.  Don't care how what they are doing affects others.  I suppose (assume) it could also be the case that they are just ignorant to it.  Either way... :throatpunch:

At my workplace, it's the people (usually women that appear to be from India or a similar country) that talk on their cellphone throughout their entire lunch break. We have phone rooms set aside for just this purpose. But they think nothing of just letting you have the pleasure of hearing them droning on endlessly for 30 to 45 minutes. Thank god we have a TV in there so you can't hear it over all the blather.

:goodposting:

Really all comes back to one thing, though... some (most) people are just inconsiderate.  Don't care how what they are doing affects others.  I suppose (assume) it could also be the case that they are just ignorant to it.  Either way... :throatpunch:
IMO, most people doing this kind of inconsiderate stuff are either: lazy, thoughtless (absentminded), ignorant or stupid. or some combination of all four. I don't think most people go out to do this stuff with malicious intent... but they're there too.

living in NYC... :sigh: ... you're constantly surrounded by people, so I have to continuously remind myself that these people aren't doing idiotic, inconsiderate stuff to be #######s. they're just #######s.

apologies, gb offdee... with threads and people seemingly more thin-skinned than usual, I want to make clear that I'm just busting balls here. not necessarily in a non-caressing-gay way. 

apologies, gb offdee... with threads and people seemingly more thin-skinned than usual, I want to make clear that I'm just busting balls here. not necessarily in a non-caressing-gay way. 
Lol, no worries at all GB!  I can take it with the best of them (not necessarily in a battering ram gay way)

Hey fellas, stop with the sexy talk already.  I'm at work and can't get another self-pleasuring warning.

Athletes doing the "Shhhhh" finger over their mouth after they do something good.

I think it's that too  :shrug:  
In the Nordic countries at least it is ONLY "cheers"

In Icelandic (the closest we have to the language of the Vikings) it literally means "I will drink from your skull". It is meant as a compliment

They still use it for cheers (and nothing else).

But there are already world cups and regional championships. It's not like they are amateurs anymore. These games just become bigger and bigger and waste more public public money, become more corrupt etc.

Get rid of them
Good thing there's no corruption or waste of public money associated with soccer or football or any other sport.

How about Baby Gender Reveal parties?  Or even easier, just eliminate the entire annoying pregnancy crap altogether. Cryptic pics hinting at being pregnant, stupid pics showing the Dad with a beer and the wife acting angry while announcing a pregnancy, gender reveal party, baby shower, etc etc.

No one cares that much about anyone else's kid, trust me on this.

How about Baby Gender Reveal parties?  Or even easier, just eliminate the entire annoying pregnancy crap altogether. Cryptic pics hinting at being pregnant, stupid pics showing the Dad with a beer and the wife acting angry while announcing a pregnancy, gender reveal party, baby shower, etc etc.

so there's a gender reveal party AND a baby shower? and then probably a "welcome home new baby" party.

can't people just post this stuff on FB so we can all ignore it?

God, i miss Billy Hicks in times like these!

*language*

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragging political discussion into the phrases/terms that need retired immediately thread. Aren't there enough threads already for that garbage?

Users who are viewing this thread