What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Actions/trends that need to be retired immediately (1 Viewer)

I must have been lucky to survive so long opening bathroom doors without the use of paper towels. Shocked I haven't gotten Dysentery or Ebola by now.
Enjoy that stranger's-doodie-enhanced Big Mac, brohominy.
like the guy that makes your big mac washes his hands or opens doors with paper towels.
I don't eat fast food, but I'm pretty sure they wear those little awesome gloves that Subway people use.

I must have been lucky to survive so long opening bathroom doors without the use of paper towels. Shocked I haven't gotten Dysentery or Ebola by now.
like the guy that makes your big mac washes his hands or opens doors with paper towels.
:goodposting: your hands may be clean, but you're probably eating the same fecal matter whenever you eat out. congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't eat fast food, but I'm pretty sure they wear those little awesome gloves that Subway people use.
you've never worked in a restaurant, have you? no amount of bleach or antibiotics can take care of what goes on out of the customers' view. Howard Hughes still died, brohan

you've never worked in a restaurant, have you? no amount of bleach or antibiotics can take care of what goes on out of the customers' view. Howard Hughes still died, brohan
I'm not a germaphobe. Not even a little bit. All it took was seeing one person go from the crapper straight out the door when I was a kid and I've just done it since. I have a wicked awesome immune system. ONly seem to get sick after flying on the heels of a multi-day bender. Which comes from germs, btw. But a lot of people who are not OCD and who are not germaphobes use the paper towel to open the bathroom door in public restrooms.And no, I've never worked in a restaurant. I tended bar in college and ran a bar in Florida for a few years, but no food.

I'm not a germaphobe. Not even a little bit. All it took was seeing one person go from the crapper straight out the door when I was a kid and I've just done it since. I have a wicked awesome immune system. ONly seem to get sick after flying on the heels of a multi-day bender. Which comes from germs, btw. But a lot of people who are not OCD and who are not germaphobes use the paper towel to open the bathroom door in public restrooms.And no, I've never worked in a restaurant. I tended bar in college and ran a bar in Florida for a few years, but no food.
after you drop that paper towel, I'm sure you don't touch anything else in the building. it's a useless affectation.

after you drop that paper towel, I'm sure you don't touch anything else in the building. it's a useless affectation.
At this point this has to be :fishing:We're talking about the handle to the place people go specifically to piss and ####. Yes, the people who don't wash their hands might touch something else, somewhere, sometime. It is unlikely that I touch the same place they do outside the bathroom. But they are guaranteed to touch that handle.

I ride Chicago public transportation to work. Should I be bringing paper towels with me for any potential surface touches?
No, based on your appreciation for other people's fecal matter, you're probably a walking petrie dish already. Not going to change anything. Stroke those poles to your heart's content.

At this point this has to be :fishing:We're talking about the handle to the place people go specifically to piss and ####. Yes, the people who don't wash their hands might touch something else, somewhere, sometime. It is unlikely that I touch the same place they do outside the bathroom. But they are guaranteed to touch that handle.
Just use your foot to flush. Stand outside the door until someone else goes in or out, and rush behind them so you don't have to touch the handle.

I'm interested to hear more about the level of fecal protection these paper towels are providing. Maybe there are more potential applications for these impermeable paper towels?

What if the bathroom only has hand dryers? Do you guys just cower in fear until someone opens the door?

Nothing encapsulates what has most gone wrong with society since i entered it than germophobia. It continues to prove to me that most people no longer see human life as a cooperative endeavour. It has nothing to do with actual cleanliness and everything to do with how openly or secretly filthy most people feel about themselves.

Life dont happen without germs, people - we actually need them. Likewise, society doesnt operate without many other mechanisms which may offend your sensibilities. By cooperating, we actually innoculate each other from susceptability on both counts. Retreating from either is an anti-life posture - you are loaded with unhappy behaviors because the world can never be to your making and, by spending so much effort thinking about the suitcase you'll pack for the lifeboat, you are actually costing us the cooperation necessary to keep the ship afloat or, at the very least, achieve anything close to an efficient rescue. What is good about this world was created shoulder-to-shoulder. Put down the Purel and take a spot on the line, for crissakes.

Nothing encapsulates what has most gone wrong with society since i entered it than germophobia. It continues to prove to me that most people no longer see human life as a cooperative endeavour. It has nothing to do with actual cleanliness and everything to do with how openly or secretly filthy most people feel about themselves.Life dont happen without germs, people - we actually need them. Likewise, society doesnt operate without many other mechanisms which may offend your sensibilities. By cooperating, we actually innoculate each other from susceptability on both counts. Retreating from either is an anti-life posture - you are loaded with unhappy behaviors because the world can never be to your making and, by spending so much effort thinking about the suitcase you'll pack for the lifeboat, you are actually costing us the cooperation necessary to keep the ship afloat or, at the very least, achieve anything close to an efficient rescue. What is good about this world was created shoulder-to-shoulder. Put down the Purel and take a spot on the line, for crissakes.
nufced

Nothing encapsulates what has most gone wrong with society since i entered it than germophobia. It continues to prove to me that most people no longer see human life as a cooperative endeavour. It has nothing to do with actual cleanliness and everything to do with how openly or secretly filthy most people feel about themselves.Life dont happen without germs, people - we actually need them. Likewise, society doesnt operate without many other mechanisms which may offend your sensibilities. By cooperating, we actually innoculate each other from susceptability on both counts. Retreating from either is an anti-life posture - you are loaded with unhappy behaviors because the world can never be to your making and, by spending so much effort thinking about the suitcase you'll pack for the lifeboat, you are actually costing us the cooperation necessary to keep the ship afloat or, at the very least, achieve anything close to an efficient rescue. What is good about this world was created shoulder-to-shoulder. Put down the Purel and take a spot on the line, for crissakes.
nufced
:lmao:

I ride Chicago public transportation to work. Should I be bringing paper towels with me for any potential surface touches?
No, based on your appreciation for other people's fecal matter, you're probably a walking petrie dish already. Not going to change anything. Stroke those poles to your heart's content.
Your paranoia is amusing.
Your sensitivity to this issue is as well.

I've pondered a redesign for the toilet for many years now. There is far too much water wasted in general and the flushing action is much too violent to keep the poo particles from becoming aerosolized. There's also the matter of the usual toilet components needing to be replaced as they are of horrible quality.

I'm pretty sure we're more vulnerable to our Gram-negative coliform overlords due to flushing than we are from anything else, yet somehow we persevere as a species, some might even argue, effectively.

I've pondered a redesign for the toilet for many years now. There is far too much water wasted in general and the flushing action is much too violent to keep the poo particles from becoming aerosolized. There's also the matter of the usual toilet components needing to be replaced as they are of horrible quality.I'm pretty sure we're more vulnerable to our Gram-negative coliform overlords due to flushing than we are from anything else, yet somehow we persevere as a species, some might even argue, effectively.
You're too late. The next wave in toilets has already begun. Though too my knowledge there is still no mechanism in place to allow Severed Horse Head to get as close to homeless men's dirty anuses (ani?) as he'd like.

You're too late. The next wave in toilets has already begun.
Have they? I know in Europe they've pioneered the two option flush, which has been widely available for decades now, yet criminally absent in the US market. Is that the big wave of innovation? I'm thinking more step-change, paradigm-shifty here. I've scribbled down a few drawings, but most of the secure IP is in my mental notebook.

Have they? I know in Europe they've pioneered the two option flush, which has been widely available for decades now, yet criminally absent in the US market. Is that the big wave of innovation? I'm thinking more step-change, paradigm-shifty here. I've scribbled down a few drawings, but most of the secure IP is in my mental notebook.
Separate flushes for ones and twos. More common obviously in new homes. A buddy redid one of his bathrooms a couple years ago and put one in.

some offices here have those. I think a hole in the floor would be more efficient. screw those people in accounting.

Separate flushes for ones and twos. More common obviously in new homes. A buddy redid one of his bathrooms a couple years ago and put one in.
Yeah, this is what I was referring to. I have grander visions of efficient waste removal.

To the people who don't use a paper towel on the bathroom door handle: why wash your hands at all? why not just dip them in the toilet, give them a shake and go eat your sandwich? Because that's exactly what you're doing anyway.

To the people who don't use a paper towel on the bathroom door handle: why wash your hands at all? why not just dip them in the toilet, give them a shake and go eat your sandwich? Because that's exactly what you're doing anyway.
IT'S INEVITABLE!

'shuke said:
Using hashtags on Twitter that nobody is searching for, just to be clever.#FedUpWithThatTrend
Even worse: hashtag use on Facebook.
lots of people have their fb and twitter linked...hence hashtags on fb
Not buying this.
It's possible and it's annoying. What's so hard to understand?
Relax, guys. I was kidding.
Good save, Woz.

People that drive their truck or SUV like a maniac in all kinds of road conditions, but drive it at idle speed over railroad crossings. Making sure that only one tire goes over the track at a time.

And take a free mint from the tray by the cashier.

The trend that needs to end is businesses not taking this practice into account by arranging to have a trash receptacle next to the door, have the hall with turns so there is no need for a door or the button that opens the door automatically.

Able bodied people using the handi-capped stall when the others are open. I'm guilty of this. They just seem to be a lot cleaner. And only once has there been a guy in a wheelchair waiting when I got out of the stall.

People that drive their truck or SUV like a maniac in all kinds of road conditions, but drive it at idle speed over railroad crossings. Making sure that only one tire goes over the track at a time.
are these really the same people?

Driving trucks and SUVs when you don't haul things and you don't live in a place that requires 4WD. Especially you people with the Tahoes and H2s and whatever else that require an entire parking space plus some of mine. What could possible motivate these people to get these obnoxious gas guzzling public declarations of a small penis?

They have that at my work.

There are maybe a handful of situations where it might be warranted, like driving deep in the woods to Scupper's cabin or something. People are generally clueless or indifferent to when they shouldn't have their brights on. Particularly bad is when someone drives behind you with them on. It's one of those things where the utility is dwarfed by the obnoxious use. I see no real need for them.

There are maybe a handful of situations where it might be warranted, like driving deep in the woods to Scupper's cabin or something. People are generally clueless or indifferent to when they shouldn't have their brights on. Particularly bad is when someone drives behind you with them on. It's one of those things where the utility is dwarfed by the obnoxious use. I see no real need for them.
I drive with them on any time I'm not on an interstate or main road and there isn't someone in front of me. Lots of deer in Ohio.

Users who are viewing this thread