What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFC Championship Game - Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers (1 Viewer)

Go Cardinals
You are a tool. I hope bad karma strikes all of your teams.
What like the Pirates and the Penguins :thumbup:
The Penguins and Steelers are fine. You got me on the Pirates. What have the Detroit teams other than the Red Wings done lately?
Pistons won the NBA title in 2004 and have been to 6 straight Eastern Conference finals. Tigers were in the World Series in 2006. HTH.
Cavs/Celtics down this past year?
Look it up genius.
So the Cavs/Celtics were not in the East Finals last year?

jesus... he led with the should but somehow went helmet to helmet.. he turned sideways and still hit his helmet.After the replay should have been a penalty but I don't think he launched purposely to hit his head
The helmets did hit, but he did not lead with the helmet ... therefore legal. No penalty. No fine.
The helmets were the first thing to hit. Anyone who isn't a huge homer or a moron can see that.I have no idea if it should have been a penalty since I am not sure about the rules, but please stop with this "lead with the shoulder" crap, it's blatantly wrong.
Please don't discount the homer and moron rationale when trying to understand why people in this thread think that he lead with his shoulder.

Go Cardinals
What like the Pirates and the Penguins :thumbup:
The Penguins and Steelers are fine. You got me on the Pirates. What have the Detroit teams other than the Red Wings done lately?
Pistons won the NBA title in 2004 and have been to 6 straight Eastern Conference finals. Tigers were in the World Series in 2006. HTH.
Look it up genius.
No, they weren't.

jesus... he led with the should but somehow went helmet to helmet.. he turned sideways and still hit his helmet.After the replay should have been a penalty but I don't think he launched purposely to hit his head
The helmets did hit, but he did not lead with the helmet ... therefore legal. No penalty. No fine.
The helmets were the first thing to hit. Anyone who isn't a huge homer or a moron can see that.I have no idea if it should have been a penalty since I am not sure about the rules, but please stop with this "lead with the shoulder" crap, it's blatantly wrong.
Please don't discount the homer and moron rationale when trying to understand why people in this thread think that he lead with his shoulder.
Do you honestly think he lead with his helmet? I am not talking about what actually ended up hitting first, but what he lead with.

One thing about this game- Willie Parker is great against poor defenses, but he can't run the ball against good defenses, and we saw that again today. We need to get Mendenhall healthy, because we can't keep depending on Ben to connect on third down.

jesus... he led with the should but somehow went helmet to helmet.. he turned sideways and still hit his helmet.

After the replay should have been a penalty but I don't think he launched purposely to hit his head
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6968/photoxu8.jpg

Go Cardinals
What like the Pirates and the Penguins :lmao:
Look it up genius.
No, they weren't.
Oh really? I recall the Cavs pushing the Celts to 7 games before they went on to beat the Lakers in the finals.

Congrats to Jerk, Bell Jr, Ahrn, Evil, Tim, and all the other good Steelers fans here. To all the bad Steelers fans, act like you've been there before for once. :thumbup:
So, because I don't agree with you on the hit I am not a "good" Steelers fan, huh?
:lmao:
Sorry, seemed like you might have been directing it towards me. I apologize if you weren't.
If you are a Stillers Jr alias then I was. If not, no. I like most Steelers fans, they have a lot of passion and respect for the game.

One thing about this game- Willie Parker is great against poor defenses, but he can't run the ball against good defenses, and we saw that again today. We need to get Mendenhall healthy, because we can't keep depending on Ben to connect on third down.
Baltimore are beasts

As a Ravens fan that was up in arms when I first saw the play live, I think it was a just an unfortunate hit that was perfectly legal with no inappropriate intentions. Sometimes the offensive player just moves or ducks or whatever. I'm not sure whether the defensive player technically lead with head or shoulder but it just looked like a defensive player doing what he could to stop the play.

Go Cardinals
Look it up genius.
No, they weren't.
Oh really? I recall the Cavs pushing the Celts to 7 games before they went on to beat the Lakers in the finals.
I'll wait for an apology after you look it up. Thanks.

Congrats to Jerk, Bell Jr, Ahrn, Evil, Tim, and all the other good Steelers fans here. To all the bad Steelers fans, act like you've been there before for once. :thumbup:
So, because I don't agree with you on the hit I am not a "good" Steelers fan, huh?
Sorry, seemed like you might have been directing it towards me. I apologize if you weren't.
If you are a Stillers Jr alias then I was. If not, no. I like most Steelers fans, they have a lot of passion and respect for the game.
Double D you're just an all around crumudgeon :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
jesus... he led with the should but somehow went helmet to helmet.. he turned sideways and still hit his helmet.

After the replay should have been a penalty but I don't think he launched purposely to hit his head
And please don't lump me into this category. I am the first to admit something that is anti-Steelers if I feel it warrants it. I said in the 2nd meeting between these teams that BAL outplayed us, but seemed to go into a prevent style defense at the end and let us steal a game we probably should have lost.

:thumbup: No I am not.

Go Cardinals
Look it up genius.
No, they weren't.
You need Ginkoba

And please don't lump me into this category. I am the first to admit something that is anti-Steelers if I feel it warrants it. I said in the 2nd meeting between these teams that BAL outplayed us, but seemed to go into a prevent style defense at the end and let us steal a game we probably should have lost.
He's still bitter about SB XL. It's a shame, too. He started out on these forums with a reasonably balanced viewpoint, but now he's as anti-Steelers as most of the Seahawk contingent. Of course, many of THAT contingent showed us their rulebook expertise by telling us how because Darrell Jackson touched the pylon with his foot before it landed out of bounds that the Seahawks should have been given a TD. But... it's the Steeler fans who are homers and morons.

I love the fact that since the anti-Steeler crowd cannot discredit the Steelers by claiming the refs gave them the game, they instead focus on the Clark hit. Getting pretty desperate now.

that was an obvious helmet to helmet contact and should have been a 15 yard penalty and a fine. he not only hit him directly in the head he left his feet to do it.
Really? cause in this shot not only is the head-to-head contact not directly (head on), his foot is still on ground when contact is made.http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6968/photoxu8.jpg
Again, not an accurate depiction of the initial contact.Put up a .gif of the entire replay from that angle and you'll see a definitive view of the helmets hitting before the moment you've shown in the image you have.
:yes:

Go Cardinals
What like the Pirates and the Penguins :hifive:
Look it up genius.
No, they weren't.
Detroit Pistons 2008 Eastern Conference Finals vs. Boston Celtics

Tue, May 20 at Boston, 8:30 pm

Thu, May 22 at Boston, 8:30 pm

Sat, May 24, 8:30 pm

Mon, May 26, 8:30 pm

Wed, May 28 at Boston, 8:30 pm **

Fri, May 30, 8:30 pm **

Sun, Jun 1 at Boston, 8:30 pm **

** if necessary

Any other sports that you want to be :yes: in

I love the fact that since the anti-Steeler crowd cannot discredit the Steelers by claiming the refs gave them the game, they instead focus on the Clark hit. Getting pretty desperate now.
Why don't you enjoy the win for your team and not worry about what a couple dorks on the internet are saying? Get the chip off your shoulder. Don't be a Pats guy.

Why don't you enjoy the win for your team and not worry about what a couple dorks on the internet are saying? Get the chip off your shoulder. Don't be a Pats guy.
:thumbup: or Jets

He's still bitter about SB XL. It's a shame, too. He started out on these forums with a reasonably balanced viewpoint, but now he's as anti-Steelers as most of the Seahawk contingent. Of course, many of THAT contingent showed us their rulebook expertise by telling us how because Darrell Jackson touched the pylon with his foot before it landed out of bounds that the Seahawks should have been given a TD. But... it's the Steeler fans who are homers and morons.
That was easily the best season in Seahawks history and I have no bitter feelings about SB XL. If you check my messages at the time I congratulated the Steelers and didn't question the officiating. Many fans did, but I didn't. You are welcome to prove me wrong if you wish. The constant denials in this thread insisting that it wasn't helmet to helmet is interesting to say the least. The Steelers outplayed the Ravens and are a deserving team for the SB XLII.

:thumbup: or Jets
Pats guy = Red Sux guy (or you). Only you are dumb enough not to calculate this, nice job. :towelwave:

Kudos to Baltimore. they were outplayed on both sides of the ball and STILL managed to hang around and have a shot to pull it out. I hate the ravens, but I sure as hell respect them. They're a great team (probably the second best in the NFL this year) and quite a turn-around from last year. :thumbup: to a great season and 3 great match-ups, all you Ravens fans.
nice touch, 'Grin :towelwave:Here's to another 3 rounder next year, meaning "see you in January!"now bring the trophy home to the AFC-N for the 3rd time this decade

Fair point. Of course, it could also be asked why you care what this dork (me) is saying. I'm not letting it ruin my fun. If there's a chip on my shoulder, it's not so much for the Steelers specifically but more in general for all the whining that gets said to all winners.

:goodposting: or Jets
Pats guy = Red Sux guy (or you). Only you are dumb enough not to calculate this, nice job. :thumbup:
Pats fans are insufferable :shrug:

Steeler fans catch more crap around here than yankee fans

:goodposting: or Jets
Pats guy = Red Sux guy (or you). Only you are dumb enough not to calculate this, nice job. :shrug:
Pats fans are insufferable :towelwave:

You are interesting all of a sudden. :thumbup:

Here's to another 3 rounder next year, meaning "see you in January!"now bring the trophy home to the AFC-N for the 3rd time this decade
You gotta love what Harbaugh brought to the team. It should be a very interesting offseason for the Ravens in terms of who stays and who goes on defense. Yet no matter what, it's hard to believe any Raven fan thought they would be two points down in the AFCC with six minutes to play. Great season.

Fair point. Of course, it could also be asked why you care what this dork (me) is saying. I'm not letting it ruin my fun. If there's a chip on my shoulder, it's not so much for the Steelers specifically but more in general for all the whining that gets said to all winners.
If that's how you think of yourself, OK. People are going to talk about a big play in which a player gets drug out on a stretcher. I don't think anyone is saying the Steelers stole the game. Take a pill. This megalomaniacal EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET US is trademarked Boston shtick. You already owe a royalty to a number of people here, just for cracking it open.

Really classy comments by Harbaugh.

Zero excuses.

Compliments to the Steelers all-around.

I really respect him. It's hard for me because Billick was so easy to dislike.

Look it up genius.
No, they weren't.
Not my business, but here is the proof.

Congrats to the Steelers for the victory and best of luck in the Super Bowl.

Congrats to the Ravens for a great season. The future is bright for the Ravens.

If that's how you think of yourself, OK. People are going to talk about a big play in which a player gets drug out on a stretcher. I don't think anyone is saying the Steelers stole the game. Take a pill. This megalomaniacal EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET US is trademarked Boston shtick. You already owe a royalty to a number of people here, just for cracking it open.
I certainly don't want to emulate Pats fan behavior, so just in case I went too far in an earlier comment, let me apologize for any paranoia that may have creeped in to my posts.

Look it up genius.
No, they weren't.
Not my business, but here is the proof.
I already posted proof but, thanks anyway

:towelwave:

:football: or Jets
Pats guy = Red Sux guy (or you). Only you are dumb enough not to calculate this, nice job. ;)
Pats fans are insufferable :shrug:

You are interesting all of a sudden. :lmao:
I'm straight. Sorry if I sent mixed signals

Have flight and hotel for Vegas for Superbowl weekend for the 9th year in a row.

Also have a wife on bedrest with a baby due Feb. 22 but looking unliklely to make it that far.

Just got an agreement that if the baby is born on Superbowl Sunday and the Steelers win, his middle name (2nd middle name) will be Steelers

Great game and great season by both teams.

Neither was supposed to be here which proves how football is really won.

The Ravens have found themselves a QB - just like we did 5 years ago - and I'm sure they'll be back.

I hope Mr McGahee is OK - because he's had a tough career injury wise and we sure don't want to beat you unless you are at or close to full strength. I do wish the NFL would pad the helmets on the outside - shame on them for 'marketing'.

Here we go Steelers -here we go!

Fitz scares the crap outta me - and Warner got himself in the HOF I think.

Dunno what all the fuss is about - that was some good football today in both games.

Dunno what all the fuss is about - that was some good football today in both games.
The Cards/Eagles game didn't have one quarter where both teams played well. There has been a lot of that in this year's playoffs, a lot of poorly played and executed football.

Users who are viewing this thread