What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Aging Men: what I do to feel better and younger (comment, critique, question, flame away) (1 Viewer)

Shave your fore arms.   Look way more ripped!

Trim the body hair in general if you want to look younger. Grey chest hair is a no..no.

I recently got the below nose and ear hair trimmer and it works great.  The head of it is different than others I've tried.  Put this thing right in your ears and it's like a little weed wacker.

https://a.co/d/0wKaZBq
Thanks for the rec. Proud new owner. Works great. That's an easy $20 to spend.
Yep... I got one too.  Game changer.  The other 10 devices gathering dust under my sink that didn't work for squat are going in the garbage.

For anybody that's never tried Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother on the daily, I urge you to give it a try.

It could be coincidental, but for me, since I started it about a month ago, I feel like I'm always full and hardly have any big cravings for junk anymore (and I do have a sweet tooth).   I put 1 tbsp in my lunch smoothie and take these vitamins that have 500mg of ACV in it.

https://a.co/d/8LLKi8D

I know @Major takes a shot of it every morning with lemon and some other stuff, but it is pretty disgusting by itself (I believe suggested daily serving is 2 tbsps).  
I was hardcore on it for about a year and it did have some benefits. My noticeables weren't so much apatite suppression, mainly because I eat like a pig, but more so with the nightly trips to the bathroom. It provided full nights sleep to me I hadn't had in years. That alone was worth it, any ancillary benefits are cool but that was a gamechanger for me.

I said I was...I've slacked off and need to re-introduce it back into my nightly routine.

I was hardcore on it for about a year and it did have some benefits. My noticeables weren't so much apatite suppression, mainly because I eat like a pig, but more so with the nightly trips to the bathroom. It provided full nights sleep to me I hadn't had in years. That alone was worth it, any ancillary benefits are cool but that was a gamechanger for me.

I said I was...I've slacked off and need to re-introduce it back into my nightly routine.
I have some in my daily smoothie (Braggs brand w/mother, FYI). I just started about a month ago and am excited to see if there are any noticeable changes/effects. Being able to sleep through the night without getting up for the bathroom would be sweeeeet.

I have some in my daily smoothie (Braggs brand w/mother, FYI). I just started about a month ago and am excited to see if there are any noticeable changes/effects. Being able to sleep through the night without getting up for the bathroom would be sweeeeet.
What’s all in your daily smoothie? 

I would take it twice a day, in the morning with a smoothie and and at night in a glass of water. I don't mind the taste but I know it's a non-starter for some. I bailed on the smoothie because it was 700 calories of a lot of sugary #### and since I couldn't run anymore, I was struggling to burn those kinds of calories on the bike. Now I eat a banana and cup of Chobani Greek yogurt. Caloric intake much more manageable and haven't noticed a huge food craving so reinforces my thought that the smoothie was just filling me with empty calories that tastes good.

- BREAKFAST: I'm not a big breakfast guy and usually not hungry.  I have a white Monster since not a coffee drinker.  The white Monsters have zero sugar and only 10 calories.  I fully realize there are all kinds of bad stuff in those, but I don't care...I enjoy it  (this shows I'm not crazy over the top....I still put crap in my body, I just pick and choose the most enjoyable crap for me)

As a fellow energy drink over coffee in the morning guy... take a look at the newer energy drinks out there.  Same low/zero calories, taste way better, have other nutritional/vitamin/stimulant ingredients you might argue are "less bad" for you.

As a fellow energy drink over coffee in the morning guy... take a look at the newer energy drinks out there.  Same low/zero calories, taste way better, have other nutritional/vitamin/stimulant ingredients you might argue are "less bad" for you.
What do you recommend? 

I suggest The Prosperity Bible.  It has a few dozen self help books in one tome.

Included are:

Prosperity Bible
1. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
2. The Way to Wealth by Benjamin Franklin
3. The Master Key System by Charles Haanel
4. The Game of Life and How to Play It by Francis Scovel Schinn
5. How to Get What You Want by Wallace D. Wattles
6. The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles
7. The Science of Being Well by Wallace D. Wattles
8. The Science of Being Great by Wallace D. Wattles
9. The Art of Getting Money by P.T. Barnum
10. The Art of Public Speaking by Dale Carnegie
11. As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
12. Poverty to Power by James Allen
13. Eight Pillars of Prosperity by James Allen
14. Foundation Stones to Happiness & Success by James Allen
15. Men and Systems by James Allen
16. Above Life’s Turmoil by James Allen
17. The Life Triumphant – Mastering the Heart by James Allen
18. Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
19. The Prophet by Kahil Gibran
20. An Iron Will by Orison Swett Marden & Abner Bailey
21. Ambition and Success by Orison Swett Marden
22. The Victorious Attitude by Orison Swett Marden
23. Architects of Fate, or Steps to Success & Power by Orison Swett Marden
24. An Iron Will by Orison Swett Marden
25. How to Succeed by Orison Swett Marden
26. Cheerfulness as a Life Power by Orison Swett Marden
27. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
28. Within You is the Power by Henry Thomas Hamblin
29. Dollars and Sense by William Crosbie Hunter
30. Evening Roundup by William Crosbie Hunter
31. The Power of Your Subconsious Mind by Joseph Murphy
32. Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. Compensation by Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. Concentration: The Road to Success by Henry H. Brown
35. Dollars Want Me by Henry H. Brown
36. Acres of Diamonds by Russell H. Conwell
37. The Key to Success by Russell H. Conwell
38. What You Can Do with Your Will Power by Russell H. Conwell
39. Every Man is his Own University by Russell H. Conwell
40. The Art of Logical Thinking by William Atkinson
41. The Psychology of Salesmanship by William Atkinson
42. How to Make Money by B.F. Austin
43. Hidden Treasure by H. A. Lewis
44. Self Development & the Way to Power by L.W. Rogers
45. Laugh and Live by Douglas Fairbanks
46. Making Life Worthwhile by Douglas Fairbanks
47. The Art of War by Sun Tzu
48. Character by Samuel Smiles
49. Thrift by Samuel Smiles
50. Self Help by Samuel Smiles

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you recommend? 

Alani are great - biotin, B12, B6

Xyience (flavors arent as good as others but still better than monster imo) - caffeine + l-theanine.  I also take l-theanine as a pill occasionally... adds a focused "calm" to the caffeine.

C4 when I can't find others... great flavors but I don't know much about what is in them.

The Bang drinks are all way too sweet for me.

After going the Alani/Xyience route for a while - the Monster drinks all started to have a weird chemical smell/taste to me.

eta - my grocery store has a dozen others advertising natural health benefits.

Alani are great - biotin, B12, B6

Xyience (flavors arent as good as others but still better than monster imo) - caffeine + l-theanine.  I also take l-theanine as a pill occasionally... adds a focused "calm" to the caffeine.

C4 when I can't find others... great flavors but I don't know much about what is in them.

The Bang drinks are all way too sweet for me.

After going the Alani/Xyience route for a while - the Monster drinks all started to have a weird chemical smell/taste to me.
Awesome, definitely want to try. Where can I find Alani and Xyience ? 

Awesome, definitely want to try. Where can I find Alani and Xyience ? 

Im in Texas.. my grocery stores (HEB) all have a HUGE selection of energy drinks, I get them there.

If you can't find the ones I listed, just see what you have locally.  There are a ton of new brands out there touting various natural healthy ingredients/benefits.

What’s all in your daily smoothie? 
Depending on the time of year for the fruit:

-handful of fresh or frozen blueberries

-5-6 pitted fresh or frozen cherries

-5-6 fresh or frozen strawberries

-5-6 fresh or frozen grapes

-spoonful of all natural peanut butter (peanuts & salt)

-spoonful of plain nonfat greek yogurt (only one ingredient - cultured, pasteurized milk)

-teaspoon of flax seed

-tablespoon of old fashioned oats

-scoop of Sacred Mushroom

-two scoops of Vital Protein Collagen powder

-half scoop of Vega One Greens powder (full scoop is too much, taste---wise)

-unsweetened vanilla almond milk

-handful of baby spinach leaves, chopped up or torn by hand

-shot of Bragg's apple cider vinegar w/mother

Once it's blended you mostly taste the fruit and a hint of the vinegar, but in a good way (kind of sweet). If I have broccoli and cauliflower in the house I'll grab a few florets of each and throw them in as well. Sometimes I put more fruit in, sometimes not. Maybe the  best side effect of the daily smoothie for me is that we never have fruit, spinach, broccoli, or cauliflower go bad - if it's getting close, we just dice it up and put it in a ziplock (separate ones for fruit and veggies) then throw it in the freezer to use for smoothies. 

I would take it twice a day, in the morning with a smoothie and and at night in a glass of water. I don't mind the taste but I know it's a non-starter for some. I bailed on the smoothie because it was 700 calories of a lot of sugary #### and since I couldn't run anymore, I was struggling to burn those kinds of calories on the bike. Now I eat a banana and cup of Chobani Greek yogurt. Caloric intake much more manageable and haven't noticed a huge food craving so reinforces my thought that the smoothie was just filling me with empty calories that tastes good.
I'll give it a go and take another dose at night - I agree the taste isn't for everyone, but it's not so bad that you can't get past it after a little while.

I'll give it a go and take another dose at night - I agree the taste isn't for everyone, but it's not so bad that you can't get past it after a little while.
2 tsp in 8-12oz of water (or whatever) dilutes it pretty well. If you're doing straight shooters, kudos to you, that ain't for me.

2 tsp in 8-12oz of water (or whatever) dilutes it pretty well. If you're doing straight shooters, kudos to you, that ain't for me.
And it kept you from getting up at night.  When did you drink it?  Seems like a catch-22 downing that much liquid right before bed.

Depending on the time of year for the fruit:

-handful of fresh or frozen blueberries

-5-6 pitted fresh or frozen cherries

-5-6 fresh or frozen strawberries

-5-6 fresh or frozen grapes

-spoonful of all natural peanut butter (peanuts & salt)

-spoonful of plain nonfat greek yogurt (only one ingredient - cultured, pasteurized milk)

-teaspoon of flax seed

-tablespoon of old fashioned oats

-scoop of Sacred Mushroom

-two scoops of Vital Protein Collagen powder

-half scoop of Vega One Greens powder (full scoop is too much, taste---wise)

-unsweetened vanilla almond milk

-handful of baby spinach leaves, chopped up or torn by hand

-shot of Bragg's apple cider vinegar w/mother

Once it's blended you mostly taste the fruit and a hint of the vinegar, but in a good way (kind of sweet). If I have broccoli and cauliflower in the house I'll grab a few florets of each and throw them in as well. Sometimes I put more fruit in, sometimes not. Maybe the  best side effect of the daily smoothie for me is that we never have fruit, spinach, broccoli, or cauliflower go bad - if it's getting close, we just dice it up and put it in a ziplock (separate ones for fruit and veggies) then throw it in the freezer to use for smoothies. 
Thanks.

Pretty similar to mine.  Misc. thoughts...

- I use a half of a large Avocado and Vanilla Whey-Protein powder in place of the yogurt and peanut butter to create that substance/smoothness  https://a.co/d/eMI20Oy

- I use 1 cup Water and 1/2 cup low calorie Cran-Apple juice instead of the vanilla almond milk

- for the Vega Greens powder, I use this which has a berry-ish flavor which you may like better?  https://a.co/d/8oCJUPc

- ETA: thanks for pointing out you use 2 scoops of the collagen powder.  I always used 1 scoop assuming that was the recommended amount, but read on there it's actually 2 scoops. Why the F don't they just make the scoop bigger to only have to scoop it once?  Weird.

-I've tried the avocado before for smoothness but settled on the yogurt and peanut butter. If I have any bananas in the house, I'll usually slice up 1/3 of it and put it in the smoothie to help with flavor and smoothness. I then use the remaining 2/3 on smoothies for the next two days.

-I've tried other juices/water/etc, but for some reason I just like the almond milk better

-I have the berry flavor of the Vega One greens, but like the other greens powders I've tried, they all just taste too green. I used to use the Shakeology greenberry when we had it, and that was pretty tasty, but it's too expensive and I think they discontinued it anyway

-That's the same way I found out about the two scoops, by finally reading the directions LOL

Out of curiosity, how do you guys determine which supplements are legitimate? I mean, walk into a GNC and there are a million choices, and the internet touts just about everything.

Do you have a trusted source(s) for accurate info? Or is it just trial and error?

For the record,  this summary was released last month by the US Preventative Services Task Force, the guys who generate evidence based guidelines for cancer and other disease screening.

Out of curiosity, how do you guys determine which supplements are legitimate? I mean, walk into a GNC and there are a million choices, and the internet touts just about everything.

Do you have a trusted source(s) for accurate info? Or is it just trial and error?

For the record,  this summary was released last month by the US Preventative Services Task Force, the guys who generate evidence based guidelines for cancer and other disease screening.
Recommendations on this thread actually and Amazon rating and reviews. 

Eh, I actually look forward to and enjoy the process of drinking something. Kind of how people look forward to having a coffee. 
Nobody's saying to not drink anything.

Drink whatever you like and pop the pill, or mix the powder into your beverage/smoothie/whatever 🤙🏼

MUUUUUUCH Cheaper and likely better for you than energy drinks. 

Makes for quick/easy "on the go" boosts as well. 

Nobody's saying to not drink anything.

Drink whatever you like and pop the pill, or mix the powder into your beverage/smoothie/whatever 🤙🏼

MUUUUUUCH Cheaper and likely better for you than energy drinks. 

Makes for quick/easy "on the go" boosts as well. 
I find myself visiting the toilet way too frequently in the morning if I have more than one cup of joe.  I have always been a 3-4 cup guy so I take a caffein tablet in the morning now instead.

I find myself visiting the toilet way too frequently in the morning if I have more than one cup of joe.  I have always been a 3-4 cup guy so I take a caffein tablet in the morning now instead.
yessir! 

I'll have a coffee first thing in the am (~8am), then have a caffeine capsule with my first quart glass of water afterward (~9am).  Then drink another 2-3 Quarts of water through the day. 

If I'm really worn down, or have a late night ahead I may have another capsule instead of a can of Red Bull / Monster.

Saves a sizeable amount of money (one RedBull = 1-2 months of daily capsules), and is likely much healthier. 

@offdee Interested in what you are using for teeth whitening?
Below is coped from my Amazon order. I usually get the 4 tube pack, but it looks like that is unavailable at the moment.  The 8 tube pack is available for $20.

I did Invisalign and just kept my last set of mouthguards.  I put this gel on the end of a Q-Tip and cover my front teeth, both top and bottom.  Then slide the Invisalign guards over and let it be on for 30 mins.   Just brush teeth and Invisalign guards clean and WA LA!    I do it twice a week.  Amazon has teeth whitening trays/molds you can get too knowing most won't have ones laying around to use

Also pickup a $3 bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide from Walgreens or Target.  In between whitening sessions if you have an event or date night or whatever, just take a pull of this (don't swallow) and swish around your front teeth for 10 seconds before brushing your teeth.   Basically teeth whitener is just concentrated hyrdogen peroxide.

----

Eight (8) Huge 10mL Syringes SenAllis Cosmetics Teeth Whitening Gel, 80mL 35% Gel Syringes, Fast & More Effective Than Teeth Whitening Strips, Refills Gel Compatible with Most Teeth Whitening Kits
FWIW... I ordered and am trying the HiSmile strips and color corrector.  3 days in and can notice a slight change for the better.  Will keep applying and update.

FWIW... I ordered and am trying the HiSmile strips and color corrector.  3 days in and can notice a slight change for the better.  Will keep applying and update.
Nice.  Do you do these every single day, and for how long?

I notice with the whitening gel I linked that if I do it anymore than 2x per week my teeth get too sensitive to cold drinks.  2 per week is the sweet spot for me.

Nice.  Do you do these every single day, and for how long?

I notice with the whitening gel I linked that if I do it anymore than 2x per week my teeth get too sensitive to cold drinks.  2 per week is the sweet spot for me.
Every day for 14 days.  This is billed as non-sensitive (i.e. no Hydrogen Peroxide) - which is why I chose this one.  Can confirm there is no sensitivity.

Every day for 14 days.  This is billed as non-sensitive (i.e. no Hydrogen Peroxide) - which is why I chose this one.  Can confirm there is no sensitivity.
Yeah, update on results after 14 days.   I read and have seen some videos from Dentists that say Hydrogen Peroxide is basically the key to good whitening.  Basically the professional whitening is just a very high percentage of Hydrogen Peroxide so using Hydrogen Peroxide whiteners at home is a similar thing (just without the UV light tools, etc)

Yeah, update on results after 14 days.   I read and have seen some videos from Dentists that say Hydrogen Peroxide is basically the key to good whitening.  Basically the professional whitening is just a very high percentage of Hydrogen Peroxide so using Hydrogen Peroxide whiteners at home is a similar thing (just without the UV light tools, etc)
Hydrogen Peroxide works better than charcoal?  

NutterButter said:
Hydrogen Peroxide works better than charcoal?  
For whitening, I believe so. I’ve never had any experience with charcoal though. I just know all professional whitening uses hydrogen peroxide based products. 

Navin Johnson said:
I find myself visiting the toilet way too frequently in the morning if I have more than one cup of joe.  I have always been a 3-4 cup guy so I take a caffeine tablet in the morning now instead.
I was going through a stretch where that was happening to me, would urinate 10-15 times over the span of 6 hours or so. I was drinking a lot of liquids during a workout along with added salt in the water. It kinda comes and goes with me, maybe once a year or so. Anyhow, I dialed back the salt and it's back to normal. Not sure the two are related but back to a much more normal cycle.

I was going through a stretch where that was happening to me, would urinate 10-15 times over the span of 6 hours or so. I was drinking a lot of liquids during a workout along with added salt in the water. It kinda comes and goes with me, maybe once a year or so. Anyhow, I dialed back the salt and it's back to normal. Not sure the two are related but back to a much more normal cycle.
I don't really eat in the morning. A cup of coffee with a scoop of pea protein and collagen. Other than that just an alka selzer type K-D supplement, B12 tablet, magnesium packet, and caffeine tablet. 

Anyone have any experience with supplements aimed at brain health/mental acuity/memory? I’ve had several concussions in my life- my wife and I used to joke about how poor my memory is, but it’s not funny anymore. I find myself experiencing “brain fog,” where I eff up simple tasks that should be second nature. I’m deeply concerned about early onset Alzheimer’s.

My wife has clear instructions to take me for the proverbial long walk off a short pier if I decline to the point where I can’t care for myself.

I’m looking at a couple of different things- Prevagen, and another called Novos. Anyone have experience with either, or an alternative?

Terminalxylem said:

Also of note:

Before the Covid-19 pandemic, 58% of American adults used vitamins, minerals, botanicals, live microorganisms, or other dietary supplements to prevent or treat various conditions, including viral infections, memory loss, and heart disease.1 Many people have similarly sought out supplements to prevent or treat Covid-19, which contributed to Americans spending an estimated $55 billion on dietary supplements in 2020.

Dietary supplements are often sold alongside over-the-counter medications, but the regulatory frameworks for these products differ substantially. Unlike over-the-counter and prescription drugs, supplements aren’t vetted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) before being introduced, and their advertising is often deceptive

The risks associated with supplements are real. A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study estimated that about 23,000 emergency department visits and more than 2000 hospitalizations each year are attributed to adverse effects of dietary supplements.2 Other investigators reported that the incidence of liver failure related to dietary supplements increased by a factor of 8 between the passage of the law currently governing these products, the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA), and 2021.3

Little is known about which of the tens of thousands of supplement products available for sale in the United States pose the greatest risk to consumers. The FDA is tasked with removing dangerous dietary supplements from the market, but it doesn’t have a systematic approach for monitoring safety, nor can it track which supplements are currently being sold to consumers. Congress is trying to close this information gap, but it is off to a poor start.

A bill introduced by Senators **** Durbin (D-IL) and Mike Braun (R-IN) in April, the Dietary Supplement Listing Act of 2022, would require supplement manufacturers to provide the FDA with a product’s name, ingredients, and health claims.

Anyone have any experience with supplements aimed at brain health/mental acuity/memory? I’ve had several concussions in my life- my wife and I used to joke about how poor my memory is, but it’s not funny anymore. I find myself experiencing “brain fog,” where I eff up simple tasks that should be second nature. I’m deeply concerned about early onset Alzheimer’s.

My wife has clear instructions to take me for the proverbial long walk off a short pier if I decline to the point where I can’t care for myself.

I’m looking at a couple of different things- Prevagen, and another called Novos. Anyone have experience with either, or an alternative?
They’re called nootropics, and the data for effective ones is virtually non-existent. From the editorial I linked above:

The legislation also wouldn’t regulate misleading health claims made by supplement manufacturers. It would continue to allow labels to include claims about a product’s benefits without requiring manufacturers to provide related evidence to the FDA, so long as these claims are phrased in terms of effects on the structure or function of the human body, such as “supporting a healthy immune system” or “maintaining normal sugar levels,” and don’t mention a specific disease. Ingredients could also still be marketed as effective after clinical trials have demonstrated the opposite. Ginkgo biloba, for example, wasn’t shown to prevent cognitive decline or dementia when studied in a large, well-conducted clinical trial, but these products can be described on the label as “supporting healthy memory” or “supporting healthy brain function.”

I got in to nootropics a while back, more as a preventative measure than anything else. Mostly just took tyrosine, theanin, and caffeine. Was mixing in piracetam but that got removed from the market. 

matuski said:
Im in Texas.. my grocery stores (HEB) all have a HUGE selection of energy drinks, I get them there.

If you can't find the ones I listed, just see what you have locally.  There are a ton of new brands out there touting various natural healthy ingredients/benefits.
I popped into a gas station after filling up just to check on other energy drinks.  They did have literally one can of the Xyience but it was in some mango flavor which I wouldn't like.

Picked up a can of Bucked Up Energy, Blue Raz flavor....Zero sugar, Zero calories.  Damn, this stuff is good!

My white Monster that I drink daily is 10 calories.  It was time to switch it up anyways and now I have options.   Will keep trying others as I run across them but I literally had blinders on when I went to grab an energy drink....just scanned for the white Monster and that was it.

Appreciate you opening my eyes to something better!

W/mother?  What is that? 

W/mother?  What is that? 

“the mother” is an unrefined, unpasteurized, unfiltered version of apple cider vinegar. It’s full of gut-friendly probiotics called acetic acid bacteria. This particular bacteria is said to help act as a remedy for a wide range of things

Do these EMS belts really work/really do anything?  How about for a chubby guy? Asking for a friend. 

I just started taking Testofen earlier this week. I started reading up on it after seeing those stupid nugenix commercials for the hundredth time (“the Big Hurt!!”), and turns out studies have shown some pretty great results. I got some generic version on Amazon. No, I’m not trying it to please my lady friend. It’s more about overall energy level, fitness, preserving what little muscle remains, etc. Anyone else doing this?

Yep it’s short needle injections. But it’s just into the butt (not into a vein) 
Man. Anything that requires regular injections sure feels like overkill and unnecessarily risky (unless prescribed by a MD, e.g., you’re a diabetic). 

How is there nothing in your routine re: preventing hair loss? Kind of shocked. 

My hair started thinning a bit more in the past few years. Not bald, but thinning at the hairline and in spots. Younger client mentioned he started Hims and was seeing awesome results. I never really thought about it before but figured why not give it a go—better to save whatever hair I have left. Ordered up Hims, been doing it for probably 6 months now, and great results. My hair is definitely thicker now (to the point that someone even noticed it and mentioned it the other day).  I didn’t expect it to work and was pleasantly surprised.

I don’t have offdee-level tolerance for maintenance effort, but it’s really easy. They send you pills (propecia, prevents additional loss of what hair you have), and hair foam (rogaine, promotes new growth in area where you need it).  You’re supposed to apply the foam twice daily but I ain’t having that. I apply some just out of the shower before blow drying my hair, adds maybe 15 seconds to my morning routine. And I keep the pills next to my multivitamins and pop one each morning.  Pretty easy and it works. My BIL said he tried this stuff before and it affected his saluting ability so he stopped. Been fine for me. 

Now if I could just nail down a healthier diet and lose 30lbs, I’d be young and handsome all over again. Probably that would help with this low energy and stress that’s been plaguing me of late too. I’ll get here…

Do these EMS belts really work/really do anything?  How about for a chubby guy? Asking for a friend. 
They do work like crunches work in that they help define your abs.   The abs under your layer of fat.  It’s not a weight loss device, so if you have great defined abs but they’re hiding under a layer of fat then you won’t visually see any of the results until you lose the belly fat 

Users who are viewing this thread