What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alex Smith this week (1 Viewer)

HULLOBUDMAN

Footballguy
I was thinking that the Detroit vs. SF game would be a shoot out. Detroit is allowing an average of 242 and almost 2 touchdowns through the air this year. Can't see why Alex Smith would be ranked so low this week. Any thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing, but also consider:

1) Alex Smith has been shut down lately (maybe missing V. Davis?)

2) Detroit's "D" has actually been improving

UUGGGGHHHH, decisions, decisions... :cry:

I was thinking the same thing, but also consider:1) Alex Smith has been shut down lately (maybe missing V. Davis?)2) Detroit's "D" has actually been improvingUUGGGGHHHH, decisions, decisions... :cry:
last 2 games were vs. Chicago and Minnesota. Both of these teams have much better defense vs. the pass than Detroit. Chicago allows 178 and .9 through the air and Minnesota allows 226 and 1.1.I think he has a top 10 preformance this week. Disclaimer: I am a Alex Smith owner in one league and that is why I am looking for input on this.

You guys are crazy. The 49ers play terrible on the road, and smith is usually the cause of that. Plus as someone mentioned, he has looked super ugly recently. he has a tendancy to lock onto his mediocre recievers. Personally i think this is a field day for the detroit defense.

last 2 games were vs. Chicago and Minnesota. Both of these teams have much better defense vs. the pass than Detroit. Chicago allows 178 and .9 through the air and Minnesota allows 226 and 1.1.I think he has a top 10 preformance this week.

Disclaimer: I am a Alex Smith owner in one league and that is why I am looking for input on this.
I agree his preformance may be top 10. However, I think his performance will be sorely lacking. He has looked terrible. He has only passed over 200 yards once in the past 5 games. He has thrown a 6/4 TD/INT ratio over that span, though. Against Detroit, he'll probably get 180 and a TD and an INT.

last 2 games were vs. Chicago and Minnesota. Both of these teams have much better defense vs. the pass than Detroit. Chicago allows 178 and .9 through the air and Minnesota allows 226 and 1.1.I think he has a top 10 preformance this week.

Disclaimer: I am a Alex Smith owner in one league and that is why I am looking for input on this.
I agree his preformance may be top 10. However, I think his performance will be sorely lacking. He has looked terrible. He has only passed over 200 yards once in the past 5 games. He has thrown a 6/4 TD/INT ratio over that span, though. Against Detroit, he'll probably get 180 and a TD and an INT.
Thank you for the input. That's the kind of feedback you look for in a thread like this. Although you could have just left out the cheesy spelling correction.

I'm in the same boat, have Favre @ Minny which worries me too. I haven't seen Detroit play much this year, but I too was thinking this could be a good start for Smith.

The 49ers play terrible on the road, and smith is usually the cause of that.
This is so incredibly not true. The defense's lack of any resemblance at all to an NFL defense is what I would put as the primary blame for the 49ers abysmal road performances. Smith has been one of the only consistent bright spots on the team. Of his 6 interceptions, only 2 are because of poor throw/poor decision making. To say he is the cause of bad play when the defense is atrocious, and the RB seems to fumble more times than I can count is just plain wrong. Of course, all this doesnt translate to him being a good fantasy starter however. If the rest of his team decides to mail it in after giving up 21 first quarter points, there's not much he can do.

Thank you for the input. That's the kind of feedback you look for in a thread like this. Although you could have just left out the cheesy spelling correction.
It was a bad joke since preformance isn't a real word. That he used it in a sentence just means he's more of a moron than you.I like Alex Smith this week, but I don't own him in any leagues, and although I see him putting up QB12+ (startable) numbers, I don't see him anchoring any fantasy teams this weekend.

Last edited:
You guys are crazy. The 49ers play terrible on the road, and smith is usually the cause of that. Plus as someone mentioned, he has looked super ugly recently. he has a tendancy to lock onto his mediocre recievers. Personally i think this is a field day for the detroit defense.
I agree with this guy. As a Niner fan, I will tell you that we are a tough team to beat while at home. Maybe we are a top15 team when playing at home. On the road, we are the same old Niner's. Alex Smith may make a good start, but it is a bigtime risk. I think Detroit is easily going to take this game. And I thought the Niner's would win @ home vs. Min the week before.

The 49ers play terrible on the road, and smith is usually the cause of that.
This is so incredibly not true. The defense's lack of any resemblance at all to an NFL defense is what I would put as the primary blame for the 49ers abysmal road performances. Smith has been one of the only consistent bright spots on the team. Of his 6 interceptions, only 2 are because of poor throw/poor decision making. To say he is the cause of bad play when the defense is atrocious, and the RB seems to fumble more times than I can count is just plain wrong. Of course, all this doesnt translate to him being a good fantasy starter however. If the rest of his team decides to mail it in after giving up 21 first quarter points, there's not much he can do.
Smith is a bad play unless you have nothing else. I think leinart is of course a bad play as well, but probably won't make the mistakes that smith makes. As a 49ers fan and a guy that has seen every game, smith doesn't make a lot of nice throws. He has a couple of screen pass tds, a wide open td to vd but he isn't a guy that is going to find the holes in the defense and get the ball in there. He is a huge risk on the road for sure.Also, his production is pretty much getting worse every week as teams have the tape to figure him out. I don't think he has a real chance of putting up fantasy points, pretty much the rest of the year.That being said, you can never guess those games where teams will be up 41-0 and the 49ers throw lots and get some pts in the second half. of course, that theory hasn't worked in the last couple of games.

It was a bad joke since preformance isn't a real word. That he used it in a sentence just means he's more of a moron than you.I like Alex Smith this week, but I don't own him in any leagues, and although I see him putting up QB12+ (startable) numbers, I don't see him anchoring any fantasy teams this weekend.
Yay! I'm a moron according to a jerk. All is well with the world.

I'm a moron because I can't type? You guys are tough around here.

Users who are viewing this thread