What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Horror Story: Cult (Season 7) (2 Viewers)

I'm digging it.

I was assuming the wife is part of it after her involvement with the sister. Paulsen will be freaking out eventually and her wife will pull off her clown mask.
Yes, I think so too. That's why the wife never "sees" the clowns and how they keep getting in the house.
They revealed it last night. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. The cult shooting nails in that guy's head gave me the heebie jeebies.

:shrug:

I'm digging it.

I was assuming the wife is part of it after her involvement with the sister. Paulsen will be freaking out eventually and her wife will pull off her clown mask.
Haven't watch the new episode, letting the old lady catch up first.  So was re-watching episode 3 with her and where the kid gets caught watching the bath tube video on the laptop.  When asked how he got into the computer he says he watched the Blonde mommy input her password "Clownz with a z".  It was subtle and I didn't catch it first go around.

I didnt see any pre season commercials. Sarah Paulsons character is so annoying I am kind of watching and hoping she meets with some terrible demise. Her wife is pretty annoying as well. The only character I find interesting this season is the kid with blue hair. 
Man I hope they kill her soon.  She's awful.  Almost as awful as her stupid Holly Hunter impression on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip 

My daughter is binging these series, watched 4 eps of Roanoke with her the other day. We laughed our asses off through most of it...is that the intent?

All is going well for me so far this season.  Will it make a giant U turn for suckage?  I am darn sure gonna find out.

The thing I don't like about this season is that there's nothing supernatural about it. No ghosts. No zombies. Nothing to wonder about. It's a crazy guy recruiting people to kill for him. Not much of a story there. 

I'll still watch, though. I'm a sucker and my wife likes it. It just doesn't seem to be keeping with the premise of the series. 

The thing I don't like about this season is that there's nothing supernatural about it. No ghosts. No zombies. Nothing to wonder about. It's a crazy guy recruiting people to kill for him. Not much of a story there. 

I'll still watch, though. I'm a sucker and my wife likes it. It just doesn't seem to be keeping with the premise of the series. 
That's one reason I like it better. Season 1 and 2 did a great job, but, seasons like coven and freak and even hotel were too cartoonist with the supernatural. 

Oh come on!  How about giving us a choice to choose which version to watch ?  Just put a warning label on it or something. 
They did. The uncensored version is available streaming from two different sources I believe. 

I am enjoying it as well and I haven't watched much AHS before. I think looking at the coming attractions for next week, we are seeing the introduction of a new character and probably a plot swerve. 

Evan Peters has been rocking it this season.  I think this season is really solid so far, but still behind murder house IMO.

Evan Peters has been rocking it this season.  I think this season is really solid so far, but still behind murder house IMO.
was loving this season, but holy hell the episode tonight has me really worried it is doing it's normal half-season nosedive. It really can be a simple formula (and i like the plots outside of the horror too), but this episode was bottom of the barrel. Hopefully we get some clowns next week, or i will begin to think that this show is trying to create such rage in its fanbase that it is trying to create it's own Clown Cult

was loving this season, but holy hell the episode tonight has me really worried it is doing it's normal half-season nosedive. It really can be a simple formula (and i like the plots outside of the horror too), but this episode was bottom of the barrel. Hopefully we get some clowns next week, or i will begin to think that this show is trying to create such rage in its fanbase that it is trying to create it's own Clown Cult
Ugh oh..

Haven't seen this episode yet.

Looks like we finally got to the episode where things start going downhill. Like death and taxes its inevitable.

Evan Peters is the only good thing about this show right now.  This last episode was brutal.

It's almost criminal that they de-horrified the Zodiac.  Isn't the show supposed to be American HORROR Story?  So let's take one of the most terrifying true life stories and turn it into a farce.  Ugh.

Said the same thing to my wife, that this must be where the season turns to ####. But at least it was just a one-off episode to give some backstory. I thought the final scene was a good twist and hopefully it continues to be a solid season.

Interesting reading up on the real life character that Lena Dunham was playing. Damn, that voice is tough to listen to though.

Said the same thing to my wife, that this must be where the season turns to ####. But at least it was just a one-off episode to give some backstory. I thought the final scene was a good twist and hopefully it continues to be a solid season.

Interesting reading up on the real life character that Lena Dunham was playing. Damn, that voice is tough to listen to though.
She's a good actress but her voice and the whole man hating angle made me fast forward a lot of her scenes.

I didn't fast forward but there is literally nothing scary about a feminist cult. Cults can be scary but this season is a farce. And upping the levels of explicit gore and language do not make up for the lack of horror.

In even the worst of the prior seasons there was horror / spookiness to offset the camp in a way that worked. Up until now, it hadn't been there for me this season but at least I "got it". I'm not afraid of clowns but lots of people are. I'm not afraid of the Trump cult of personality or the "alt right" but plenty of people were horrified by the election. It was a little off the page from your traditional horror but surely it tapped into SOMEONE'S fears.

Violent feminists? Timely? Absolutely. Scary? Meh. Nobody is scared of them.

Paulson's character is obviously gonna become part of the cult.
ta da

I think it's going to be a race to see who can wreck this cult from the inside; Paulson or the younger sister.  With help from the black chick of course, because they kept her alive.

Thought this weeks episode was 10 times better then last week.. But still .. it is losing steam..

The "you're in a cult and you're in a cult.. EVERYONE'S IN THE CULT!" theme is ridiculous.  :thumbdown:

My biggest complaint is the turd lady. Have no idea why that was needed, especially after they just kill her off.. Made Ki look weak, just horrible. 

Average seasons compared to the others. Ugh. 

As expected the season took a down turn mid way through like usual but Evan Peters has been phenomenal in this. 

My biggest complaint is the turd lady. Have no idea why that was needed, especially after they just kill her off.. Made Ki look weak, just horrible. 

Average seasons compared to the others. Ugh. 
Lena Dunham's character influenced the old lady who influences Ki who kicked it up a notch. I see why they did it but it could have been done better.

Agreed on an average season, not the worst one but I'm ready for the finale to finish it off.

Lena Dunham's character influenced the old lady who influences Ki who kicked it up a notch. I see why they did it but it could have been done better.

Agreed on an average season, not the worst one but I'm ready for the finale to finish it off.
Yeah, but why?  I liked it better when I thought Ki was just a super-intelligent deranged individual on his own.  I didn't need for another character to come in and somehow push him over the edge during a 5 minute psychology session in a 5 minute flashback.  Then she was introduced in the current timeline only to play no role at all and die.  Makes zero sense to me. 

And was the whole turd cult taking credit for the zodiac killer just made up?  I understand why they need to draw parallels with Manson and other real life psychos like the cool aide guy, but, wtf was that turd cult all about and what purpose did it serve?

Yeah, but why?  I liked it better when I thought Ki was just a super-intelligent deranged individual on his own.  I didn't need for another character to come in and somehow push him over the edge during a 5 minute psychology session in a 5 minute flashback.  Then she was introduced in the current timeline only to play no role at all and die.  Makes zero sense to me. 

And was the whole turd cult taking credit for the zodiac killer just made up?  I understand why they need to draw parallels with Manson and other real life psychos like the cool aide guy, but, wtf was that turd cult all about and what purpose did it serve?
Lena Dunham's character came from real life, along with shooting Warhol and the Scum Manifesto. Not sure if they ever tried to take "credit" for the zodiac murders.

tonydead said:

Agreed very poorly done. The show may stink sometimes but it's rarely due to the writing but this is one instant where it was poorly written

Agreed very poorly done. The show may stink sometimes but it's rarely due to the writing but this is one instant where it was poorly written
:confused:

When the show stinks it's almost always because of the writing.

Yeah, I have Hotel rated about mid pack, third or fourth because I loved gaga, but this stunt put this season below that. Dumber than the dinner scenes with murderer ghosts in hotel. 

:confused:

When the show stinks it's almost always because of the writing.
No it's more like they keep trying to fit good ideas into 13 episode seasons. If the show was 8 episodes every series would've been phenomenal. That's not the writing fault. 

Not the best few episodes at the end there.  We all predicted this.
Overall I liked the season but yeah, as usual, it faded down the stretch. Evan Peters carried the show. Not sure how good it would have been without him in the lead. I also don't hate Sarah Paulson like other people seem to. I thought she was good in it again.

Not the best few episodes at the end there.  We all predicted this.
Overall I liked the season but yeah, as usual, it faded down the stretch. Evan Peters carried the show. Not sure how good it would have been without him in the lead. I also don't hate Sarah Paulson like other people seem to. I thought she was good in it again.
Her character actually was one of the few things that got better as the season went on. HATED her character through the first half, but once she made the transition from victim to perpetrator the character got better. :thumbup:

One of the better seasons IMO. 

The last two seasons IMO were much better than Hotel. 

Freaks was great up until the mid point, then faded badly. 

Seasons 1 and 2 and 3 (which I came around too big time on my second viewing) were high water marks. Of course Season 1 is unmatched.

Her character actually was one of the few things that got better as the season went on. HATED her character through the first half, but once she made the transition from victim to perpetrator the character got better. :thumbup:
I do think it was too quick of a transformation but I'd blame that more on the writing and directing than her acting. They probably shouldn't have had her be such a mess in the beginning.

I just watched the first episode of Roanoke.  Liked it. 

How bad does it get when it inevitably goes off the rails?

Freakshow had the potential to turn into one of the single best seasons of any show i have seen, but just turned out to be horrible from near the halfway point 

I do think it was too quick of a transformation but I'd blame that more on the writing and directing than her acting. They probably shouldn't have had her be such a mess in the beginning.
It's tough to stuff a transformation of that degree into 13 episodes. The show does not have continuous seasons. So we need to suspend time elapsed disbelief. Maybe this transformation took place of a year in the shows timeline? Either way.....Cult was highly entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's tough to stuff a transformation of that degree into 13 episodes. The show does not have continuous seasons. So we need to suspend time elapsed disbelief. Maybe this transformation took place of a year in the shows timeline? Either way.....Cult was highly entertaining.
I agree, that's why I think they could have toned down the early dramatics a bit to make the transition a little more believable in the short time frame.

Users who are viewing this thread