What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Sniper - Clint Eastwood's latest movie (2 Viewers)

The General said:
It was okay I guess. Seemed cheaply made if that makes any sense.
I don't know about cheaply made so much, just very unrealistic. I think Eastwood stretched reality too far for most people to buy into it. The story was compelling enough without the nonsense.
Exactly. I get the cheaply made comment too. Most of the scenes filmed out of battle looked like they were filmed on bad soap opera sets.
You guys try too hard to not like stuff.

The General said:
I don't know about cheaply made so much, just very unrealistic. I think Eastwood stretched reality too far for most people to buy into it. The story was compelling enough without the nonsense.
Exactly. I get the cheaply made comment too. Most of the scenes filmed out of battle looked like they were filmed on bad soap opera sets.
Perhaps, but the last combat scene is better suited for an action hero movie, not a real life story where nothing even close to that happened.

It hurts my brain to try and comprehend anyone that saw this movie and thought it was even in the ballpark of "good".
Good grief. What is wrong with you? It is probably the most realistic portrayal of what it is like in Iraq and Afghanistan which was largely a true story. Just because it doesn't match your American-loathing anti-military worldview I don't give a ####.

Last edited by a moderator:
It hurts my brain to try and comprehend anyone that saw this movie and thought it was even in the ballpark of "good".
Good grief. What is wrong with you? It is probably the most realistic portrayal of what it is like in Iraq and Afghanistan which was largely a true story. Just because it doesn't match your American-loathing anti-military worldview I don't give a ####.
Do what now?

The General said:
Exactly.I get the cheaply made comment too. Most of the scenes filmed out of battle looked like they were filmed on bad soap opera sets.
This movie was ok. Should have been a lot better.

How many tours you do?

The General said:
Perhaps, but the last combat scene is better suited for an action hero movie, not a real life story where nothing even close to that happened.
Different strokes. Didn't bother me. I understood what Eastwood was getting at. I can enjoy the Hollywood spin and unrealistic parts of the movie and still recognize what the story was about.

Wait. Does jon mx think it's realistic or unrealistic?

Whoa. Serious notebooking there.

How many tours you do?
How many did you do? I thought it was realistic. I don't know anyone who was over there that didn't think it was at least pretty accurate.

It was very realistic with just very slight exaggerations except the last action scene which was a complete fantasy world. The movie would have been spot on if not for that scene as real military life.

How many tours you do?
How many did you do? I thought it was realistic. I don't know anyone who was over there that didn't think it was at least pretty accurate.
Yep. I went with a buddy who did 2 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He enjoyed it. We both knew parts of the story were made for Hollywood. It's easy to look past that and enjoy for what it is.

It was very realistic with just very slight exaggerations except the last action scene which was a complete fantasy world. The movie would have been spot on if not for that scene as real military life.
They completely exaggerated the Mustafa sniper guy story line, they completely created the scene with the guy and the power drill. Forgot what other stuff was exaggerated as it's been awhile since I read the book and saw the movie.

I am a huge Clint fan and thought this movie was going to be much better. Left disappointed that they went with what I felt were cheap story telling gimmicks.

Good movie and some great scenes though.

I can't quite pick up on whether you're bring sarcastic or not, but I pretty much agree with this. The whole Butcher and Mustafa storylines were overkill but that's how they draw in more viewers.

They completely exaggerated the Mustafa sniper guy story line, they completely created the scene with the guy and the power drill. Forgot what other stuff was exaggerated as it's been awhile since I read the book and saw the movie.I am a huge Clint fan and thought this movie was going to be much better. Left disappointed that they went with what I felt were cheap story telling gimmicks.

Good movie and some great scenes though.
I can understand this point of view as well.

How many tours you do?
Yep. I went with a buddy who did 2 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He enjoyed it. We both knew parts of the story were made for Hollywood. It's easy to look past that and enjoy for what it is.
Nice. When they started throwing food at chow I was thinking, who the hell is gonna let them get away with that? Haha, little things I guess.

The butcher line with him may have been exaggerated the butcher himself was the same guy that beheaded Nick Berg and was responsible for a large number of deaths.

The butcher line with him may have been exaggerated the butcher himself was the same guy that beheaded Nick Berg and was responsible for a large number of deaths.
Yes. Why the need to put him in a courtyard murdering a father and son in front of the mother with Kyle witnessing it while being shot at by the Mustafa sniper. It's just lazy and really bad writing.

Only part I found a little too cheesy was Mustafa looking at his picture in the Olympics on his way to kill people. Silly

The courtyard killing the father/son was a little extreme too but I think they were just trying to get the point across quickly at how brutal it can be over there. Mustafa shooting at them was dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread