What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Sniper - Clint Eastwood's latest movie (1 Viewer)

joffer said:
sbonomo said:
I saw this movie a few weeks ago. Best movie of the year IMO. Bradley Cooper really needs to be considered for lead actor awards after this performance. Must see.
good the hear. I thought he was an odd choice, but sounds like he nailed it. hope to see it soon.
Really? Having read the book and knowing what Chris Kyle looks and acts like...Cooper seems like he was born for this role to me.

VA703 said:
matuski said:
youtube on fire dot com has a good stream.
I goto a similar site maybe a sister one actually. its decent quality id say 360p
how is the audio on these sites? Seems like whenever I try to view something like that the sound is way off
no sound issue, quality video too considering it isn't even out yet

the one I saw wasn't a cam. looked like a critics copy

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple Jack said:
flapgreen said:
sbonomo said:
I saw this movie a few weeks ago. Best movie of the year IMO. Bradley Cooper really needs to be considered for lead actor awards after this performance. Must see.
Where was it out at weeks ago?
Like a lot of films it opened in limited release first, which is typically NYC and LA. I've always assumed that was so theater owners can gauge interest and plan accordingly.
There was a one showing release in Hollywood.

Apple Jack said:
flapgreen said:
sbonomo said:
Like a lot of films it opened in limited release first, which is typically NYC and LA. I've always assumed that was so theater owners can gauge interest and plan accordingly.
For smaller movies, that is the idea. For a big move like this with an A-list star and a best selling book, it is done so that it can have a 2014 release date and get Oscar nominations.

Watched the screener last weekend
Good?
I thought it was good. I hadn't read the book at all. Only knew a little bit of the story. I felt maybe the character was a little underdeveloped Kind of rushed to the oorah moments making him look a badass. The ending still does get you though. Hurt Locker was better IMO.
This is pretty in line with what I've read, maybe a little less positive. I thought Hurt Locker was pretty great.

no, its so the movie is eligible for this years Academy Awards

Enjoyed this. Not the GREAT movie some in the media want it to be.

Cooper was exceptional. I agree with others that more early character development would have been nice.

Any critics of Kyle's actions have absolutley no foot to stand on unless they were in those situations and made the decisions Kyle had to make.

Cooper was exceptional. I agree with others that more early character development would have been nice.

Any critics of Kyle's actions have absolutley no foot to stand on unless they were in those situations and made the decisions Kyle had to make.
If only there were some sort of evidence, video or what not, of the US miltary targeting innocents.

Forget the fact that the movie is based on autobiography that lost a libel suit.

If only there were some sort of evidence, video or what not, of the US miltary targeting innocents.

Forget the fact that the movie is based on autobiography that lost a libel suit.
I think one would have to be naive to think that all of his 300 (or whatever the total kills are) were all "bad guys".

Kyle decided to volunteer to travel to foreign lands to murder people. So, in a sense, you're right; most of us would not make that decision.

Kyle decided to volunteer to travel to foreign lands to murder people. So, in a sense, you're right; most of us would not make that decision.
He murdered some in the states as well if you believe what he wrote in his book.

:fishing:

:fishing:
:goodposting:

FTWGA :banned:

He murdered some in the states as well if you believe what he wrote in his book.
This is not amusing and a terrible fishing trip. Just stop

What that he bragged about sniping looters from the top of the Superdome after Katrina? Sorry for those who think he was a saint but, Imo the guy was a grade-A lying ########.

FTR, I think he lied about the Katrina thing as well.

He also bragged that he beat up Jesse Ventura in a bar.

So the guy was a huge damn liar and probably not worthy of the status he is held to... Movie was decent regardless.

I had no clue who the guy was at all prior to the movie. Good flick. Ending definitely got me. Cooper should win best actor for this.

It's not amusing, it's a fact.

You guys go ahead and trash the guy. I'm not coming along for that ride.

You guys go ahead and trash the guy. I'm not coming along for that ride.
:lmao:

All in his self proclaimed exploits. Do a little half ### research and see for yourself.

i have a friend who says this movie is nothing more than military industrial complex propoganda put forth by the new Republican government. confirm/deny?

i have a friend who says this movie is nothing more than military industrial complex propoganda put forth by the new Republican government. confirm/deny?
WHo cares it if is or isn't?? A movie can still be excellent no matter what "message" it tries to convey.

If people are stupid enough to have their political views changed by a ####### movie, chances are they are stupid enough to have their views changed by the next movie they see, so who gives a ####.

i have a friend who says this movie is nothing more than military industrial complex propaganda put forth by the new Republican government.
If you and Justin Bieber were both drowning, I'd go back to the house to grab a beer and let nature decide.
You're really fascinated by death and destruction, aren't you?
Only in yours at this point, you're categorically horrific.

i have a friend who says this movie is nothing more than military industrial complex propaganda put forth by the new Republican government.
If you and Justin Bieber were both drowning, I'd go back to the house to grab a beer and let nature decide.
You're really fascinated by death and destruction, aren't you?
Only in yours at this point, you're categorically horrific.
I thought this was the Free For All Forum. Instead, it seems to be a place where people are supposed to toe the line of political correctness.

Tried to read the book "American Sniper", but couldn't. IMO very poor book, movie was good. I thought the book just spent way too much time getting to the story line. I didn't care what type of boots he wear, and how he ties his boots, what color socks he wears. What type of scope, what type of rack system, what type of t-shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread