What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchy League 2 Draft Order & Smack Talk Thread (1 Viewer)

Biabreakable said:
CalBear how are you feeling about the Cheifs playoff aspirations? :thumbdown:
I concluded from the first year of this format that it is pointless to worry about playoff aspirations. You'll be wrong a lot of the time, and being right won't necessarily help you much.Gonzo was the #3 non-QB in the format last year, without any playoffs.

Timer has been TURNED ON in League 2. I don't know if the clock starts from when I turned it on or from the last pick. We'll have to see when it times out nittany.

I've been trying to make my pick for the last 25 minutes...

...I can't seem to pick a Team QB. In the process of trying to take 'Team QB Saints', I was skipped.

Yuds, can you please correct this? Thank you...

I've been trying to make my pick for the last 25 minutes......I can't seem to pick a Team QB. In the process of trying to take 'Team QB Saints', I was skipped.Yuds, can you please correct this? Thank you...
Hey sorry Nit. Hope you aren't disappointed with Housh. I had those two (Housh. Saints TQ) at the top of my board. Both excellent value.

Jiggyonthehut said:
I've been trying to make my pick for the last 25 minutes......I can't seem to pick a Team QB. In the process of trying to take 'Team QB Saints', I was skipped.Yuds, can you please correct this? Thank you...
Hey sorry Nit. Hope you aren't disappointed with Housh. I had those two (Housh. Saints TQ) at the top of my board. Both excellent value.
Thanks, man. Free League, no big deal, just a little frustrating in regards to the timing of things. When I got online, the timer wasn't on, and while I was trying to pick, it was turned on, and I was skipped, and then, purely by coincidence, Fiddles was around and picked, and there were a whole slew of predrafts behind him, so I was pretty behind the 8-Ball by the time Yuds picked for me.Housh certainly has possibilities in this format, but I'm very bearish on the Bengals this Season, and don't think they have much chance of making the Playoffs. Brees was the last of my Top Tier of QB's with a shot at the SuperBowl, and I don't think it's too far a stretch to say that an Indy/Saints Championship Game could be possible, meaning my two top picks would be playing straight through to the end of this thing.It's just a personal strategy/preference of mine that my two top picks be the most talented Players from the strongest NFL Teams I can get my hands on. For that reason, I had Andre Johnson as my 2nd choice, along with several WR who have yet to be selected. Yes, I have the Texans winning 9+ Games, and making the Playoffs as a Wild Card, and a healthy Andre Johnson putting up sick #'s in the process.Oh, well. It is what it is. Looking forward to making a quality 3.12 Selection in a timely manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt like I had to take a Team QB even if it's a little early. I was torn between two and then preferred Carson most. Then it hit me, with David taking Brady(Pats TeamQB) only one would go before I picked again. It wasn't desperate and I could let one fall into my spot. I just like Carson more than the other QB.

I took Welker to pair with Brady. I think both will fall off some compared to last year, but IMO those were both very safe but productive picks. I just don't see how NE won't play at least 18 games this year.

I took Welker to pair with Brady. I think both will fall off some compared to last year, but IMO those were both very safe but productive picks. I just don't see how NE won't play at least 18 games this year.
Yeah, that's nice--you might want to think about making another pick. (The two at the turn were pre-drafted).

Yeah, that's nice--you might want to think about making another pick. (The two at the turn were pre-drafted).
I'm guessing lunch break at work

He could have made two picks at the same time.

He could have made two picks at the same time.
:sarcasm: I thought the exact same thing, draft 2 at the same time. Maybe he's pacing us.BTW excellent drafting so far, well except for me.

glad to get steve smith. His injury history and suspension concern me but 3rd round of a 16 teamer, I think that's a fair spot. I have 3 (ADP, Carson, Smith) that can light it up one week. I need to draft some stable week to week guys as we go forward though.

glad to get steve smith. His injury history and suspension concern me but 3rd round of a 16 teamer, I think that's a fair spot. I have 3 (ADP, Carson, Smith) that can light it up one week. I need to draft some stable week to week guys as we go forward though.
You are aware this is total points, right?

You are aware this is total points, right?
yeah I've done it before.it's a long winded trip not a quick race is all I'm thinking.

CalBear,

the draft went Housh before, then CJ to you. Did you predraft both and get the lesser? have CJ first? Which is better in your opinion?

CalBear,the draft went Housh before, then CJ to you. Did you predraft both and get the lesser? have CJ first? Which is better in your opinion?
Ocho Cinco went first but nittany timed out and there was an issue of who to give him, so that's how he ended up with Housh.

CalBear how are you feeling about the Cheifs playoff aspirations? :yes:
I concluded from the first year of this format that it is pointless to worry about playoff aspirations. You'll be wrong a lot of the time, and being right won't necessarily help you much.Gonzo was the #3 non-QB in the format last year, without any playoffs.
I am not arguing the value of the pick.Just found it interesting that you chose Gonzo over Gates and KW2.

No.CalBear = :seriousbidness:Anarchy = :thanks: and Pats :wub:

lol
Looks like we may have a spot opening up for next year . . .
:thanks: Touche.

lol
Actually I thought you might spot us all that next pick since we let you get the dynamic duo.DLeo?? :thanks:

CalBear,the draft went Housh before, then CJ to you. Did you predraft both and get the lesser? have CJ first? Which is better in your opinion?
I had Chad at the top of my list. I'm not particularly happy with any of the WRs in this tier, and the Johnson/Housh thing is a quandry. I still think Johnson is more talented than Housh, so I have him projected somewhat ahead. But it could go either way.

I had Chad at the top of my list. I'm not particularly happy with any of the WRs in this tier, and the Johnson/Housh thing is a quandry. I still think Johnson is more talented than Housh, so I have him projected somewhat ahead. But it could go either way.
Not happy with the WRs in the uber tier?? Why? You like the next teir of maybe up and comers better?

lol
:excited: :excited: :excited:

David Yudkin said:
i had Welker pre-drafted with LJ at 2.12. i must have flipped them back and forth 5 times. i think in the end the RB-bias won out.

Can we please effing pre-draft? Most of you losers are here all the time anyway.
same each timeThere was a post by Old Mil saying he picked the wrong guy. I assume it's deleted. I'm pretty sure the timer is a bit off as the time we see is when David changed that for him.one pick since 12:28 CT ?PAE please ask a buddy to look in on this with you if you don't like predrafting.this is ridiculous:
Franchise Avg. Wait Time # Picks Pimpin' Ain't Easy 13 hours, 32 minutes 2
We all knowstuff happens at work or home etc, just get someone to lend a hand then please

Biabreakable said:
CalBear said:
Bri said:
Not happy with the WRs in the uber tier?? Why? You like the next teir of maybe up and comers better?
I was looking at the projections for the WRs after the top 6; I would include Fitzgerald/Boldin, CJ/Housh, Andre Johnson, and Burress in that tier. There will be probably three big winners in that tier, but I think there will also be two or three underperformers, and it's not really clear to me which will be which. So even though I have them projected to score a good bit more than the RBs remaining, I'm a little shaky on selecting any one individual. I first decided to go with C.Johnson then Lynch in my pre-draft, but even with the Cal connection I couldn't justify it. I changed it to C.Johnson/A.Johnson, and Chad hung around.

Biabreakable said:
CalBear how are you feeling about the Cheifs playoff aspirations? :lmao:
I am not arguing the value of the pick.Just found it interesting that you chose Gonzo over Gates and KW2.
Big-time homer.

Biabreakable said:
CalBear how are you feeling about the Cheifs playoff aspirations? :)
Big-time homer.
I didn't take Lynch over Chad Johnson.Gonzo outscored Gates and KW2 by 40 points last year. I don't believe the Browns offense will perform as well as last year, and I think Norv Turner's an idiot. I really don't think there's any logical reason to choose Winslow over Gonzo, and Gates is saddled with an unimaginative coach and a foot injury from which he's not fully recovered.

If we go by what we see on the site, he'd have a little under an hour. But that's with extra time, since it's going from when the Commish replaced the pick before.

Sloooooooooooooooooooooow............ :thumbup:

Biabreakable said:
CalBear how are you feeling about the Cheifs playoff aspirations? :shrug:
Big-time homer.
I didn't take Lynch over Chad Johnson.Gonzo outscored Gates and KW2 by 40 points last year. I don't believe the Browns offense will perform as well as last year, and I think Norv Turner's an idiot. I really don't think there's any logical reason to choose Winslow over Gonzo, and Gates is saddled with an unimaginative coach and a foot injury from which he's not fully recovered.
:goodposting:

Biabreakable said:
CalBear said:
Bri said:
I was looking at the projections for the WRs after the top 6; I would include Fitzgerald/Boldin, CJ/Housh, Andre Johnson, and Burress in that tier. There will be probably three big winners in that tier, but I think there will also be two or three underperformers, and it's not really clear to me which will be which. So even though I have them projected to score a good bit more than the RBs remaining, I'm a little shaky on selecting any one individual. I first decided to go with C.Johnson then Lynch in my pre-draft, but even with the Cal connection I couldn't justify it. I changed it to C.Johnson/A.Johnson, and Chad hung around.
I have been seeing 85 drop a lot in the few drafts I have done this year. People must be sketchy about his colorful personality and the hold out talk. But much like TO Chad is always ready to play and he lays it all out there.Interesting that you see those 6 as a different tier. I think it is pretty easy to see which ones are the winners and which ones will under-perform (if they do). That being said though I don't see any of them failing to meet expectations. The Bengals have their Oline back on track, Andre when healthy competes with Moss, Burress should see targets increase and Boldin just needs to stay healthy.. although he is the most likely to be the weakest performer out of this group imo.

Can we please effing pre-draft? Most of you losers are here all the time anyway.
same each timeThere was a post by Old Mil saying he picked the wrong guy. I assume it's deleted. I'm pretty sure the timer is a bit off as the time we see is when David changed that for him.one pick since 12:28 CT ?PAE please ask a buddy to look in on this with you if you don't like predrafting.this is ridiculous:
We all knowstuff happens at work or home etc, just get someone to lend a hand then please
I am in Iraq and our Georgian allies just got attacked by Russia.. yet somehow I still find time to pre-draft and even BS a bit.Where are your priorities guys? ool

I am in Iraq and our Georgian allies just got attacked by Russia.. yet somehow I still find time to pre-draft and even BS a bit.Where are your priorities guys? ool
I really appreciate you fighting for our freedom Bia. Still, some have other things that come up that could sidetrack them. I give most of the guys in these threads the benefit of the doubt.

I really appreciate you fighting for our freedom Bia. Still, some have other things that come up that could sidetrack them. I give most of the guys in these threads the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah me too, thanks Bia. I couldn't tell if you were kidding or not.

Keep up the good fight GB :goodposting:

I'm taking a huge risk with drafting the NY Jets TMQB (Favre), but I like the upside of it with those receivers. Others I looked at were Cutler (Marshall out for 2-3 weeks, and other receivers are kinda iffy), Hasselbeck (receivers are all iffy imo), Rivers (is his knee ok? what about Gates?), or Manning (still throws a lot of INTs and not all that consistent).

Thank you for your service to our country. Weren't you in Iraq during last years draft or are you still there?

Users who are viewing this thread