What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Johnson down without contact, right knee (1 Viewer)

Brandon Marshall went down like he had been shot due to a hammy on a Thursday night game last season just like Andre did today. Marshall caught 10 passes 3 weeks later. Not saying that is the time table for Andre, but could be something like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't look good. Grabbed the back of his knee, not his thigh where most hamstring injuries occur. When Kubiak and Brown both make next man up comments, doesn't sound optimistic. Have to see what the MRI shows.

Link to story

The Texans said receiver Andre Johnson suffered a strained hamstring in his right leg when he was lost in the second quarter of Sunday’s 17-10 victory over Pittsburgh.

Johnson caught a 10-yard pass and went down without being touched. He walked off the field with a slight limp and later headed to the dressing room. He watched the second half in his regular clothes but left the dressing room after the game before the media was allowed to enter.

“All I can tell you right now is that we think it’s hamstring related,” coach Gary Kubiak said.

Johnson will undergo an MRI to determine the extent of his injury.

When Johnson went down, Reliant Stadium was quiet. Then fans began to chant, “An-dre, An-dre” before he walked off the field.

“The way he went down was deflating because it was like he just got shot, and that scares the heck out of you,” Kubiak said. “It’s very difficult. He’s the leader of our team and has been the leader of this franchise for a long time.”

Jacoby Jones replaced Johnson opposite Kevin Walter.

“If we have to go without him for a period, we’re going to have to ask some guys to really step up to the plate,” Kubiak said.

Johnson caught four passes for 36 yards before the injury.

“When a player like that goes down, the team has to come together,” offensive tackle Duane Brown said. “Guys have to step up and take that role.”

Actually he grabs the "tie-in" at the base of hamstring.
TY, some folks really need an anatomy class in here.But since we don't know I guess you can't rule anything out. It looks clear he went to the back and base of that hamstring. I think if it was an ACL type thing we would have known about it, also he didn't roll and twist around in pain like Britt and Charles, not saying you must react that way but when it's the knee guys usually don't just grab the back, they tend to wrap both hands around the entire knee, front and back. Again, we'll see what the news is tomorrow but I would expect him to miss a couple weeks minimum, would be a little surprised after what we know now if this was actually a season ending injury. I understand why people expected the worst, it was scary the way he fell down.

'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
Yes, as I talk it because I provide info...What this, me with yet another update?
Not an update.
'JuSt CuZ said:
Also not an update.
I notice you did not include this...
MRI coming later today.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/?p=158235
or this....
Andre was seen smiling and joking on the sidelines. Also left the stadium walking and without any assistance.
Keep it coming, where is your update. You just looked foolish.

'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
Yes, as I talk it because I provide info...What this, me with yet another update?
Not an update.
'JuSt CuZ said:
Also not an update.
I notice you did not include this...
MRI coming later today.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/?p=158235
or this....
Andre was seen smiling and joking on the sidelines. Also left the stadium walking and without any assistance.
Keep it coming, where is your update. You just looked foolish.
:lmao: awesome.

Owen Daniels should benefit also. Seems like when he has been healthy when AJ missed time or was hindered, they lean on him a bit more.

Your attacking me for bringing updates, when you troll?
My what?
If you dont know what a troll is on here, its what you obviously are doing then.
Oh, I know what a troll is. I was just making fun of you because you spell like a 4 year old. :thumbup: Update: Andre Johnson probably has a hamstring injury. I expect that he will undergo an MRI at some point to determine the extent of the injury.

Andre Johnson, WR HOU

News: CBSSports.com NFL insider Mike Freeman reports that the Texans fear the hamstring injury suffered by WR Andre Johnson on Sunday may force him to miss at least a few weeks. "If we have to go without him for a period, we're going to have to ask some guys to really step up to the plate," coach Gary Kubiak said on Sunday. According to the report, some within the Texans organization privately said they felt Johnson's chances of playing in Week 5 against Oakland were extremely slim.

Andre Johnson, WR HOUNews: CBSSports.com NFL insider Mike Freeman reports that the Texans fear the hamstring injury suffered by WR Andre Johnson on Sunday may force him to miss at least a few weeks. "If we have to go without him for a period, we're going to have to ask some guys to really step up to the plate," coach Gary Kubiak said on Sunday. According to the report, some within the Texans organization privately said they felt Johnson's chances of playing in Week 5 against Oakland were extremely slim.
Oct 3 - 9:05 AM

Schefter on Sportscenter just said no word from club on, what he called, a hamstring injury.

At 2:30, the "Two Minute Drill" on NFL Radio said the same thing, no word yet.

'JuSt CuZ said:
You guys are obsest with me, its like your my stalkers. Come down fellas, I'm not on your team.
What does this have to do with Andre Johnson's injury? Quit whining and start bringing info to the table;you're just in here trolling.

Users who are viewing this thread