What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Bush Thread (1 Viewer)

noneother

Footballguy
so, if it wasn't the Texans that take bush at one, who do you think would trade up to get him? and how much do you think they would pay?

we have kinda talked around the texans trading down, but who really would trade up?

The Jets, Packers, and Raiders are teams with high picks which could be interested in moving up for Bush. I don't know if any of them have what it takes to get 1.01. Houston's going to require more value than just 2006 draft picks from those teams; either #1 in 2006 and 2007, or #1 in 2006 and a real player. I could see the Raiders trading Jordan and 1.07 for Bush, but I can't see the Texans taking it, because Jordan isn't an upgrade over Davis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, everyone is saying that Bush is similar to Marshall Faulk..... I bet Mike Martz would love to have him. The chances of it happening are zilch. But if you're speculating they are in the Top Ten.

Not sure of the point values, but the Manning trade set the bar at two #1s as a minimum to move up.

The Jets, Packers, and Raiders are teams with high picks which could be interested in moving up for Bush. I don't know if any of them have what it takes to get 1.01. Houston's going to require more value than just 2006 draft picks from those teams; either #1 in 2006 and 2007, or #1 in 2006 and a real player. I could see the Raiders trading Jordan and 1.07 for Bush, but I can't see the Texans taking it, because Jordan isn't an upgrade over Davis.
These kind of trades exist only in Madden 2006.

so, if it wasn't the Texans that take bush at one, who do you think would trade up to get him?  and how much do you think they would pay?

we have kinda talked around the texans trading down, but who really would trade up?
Jets could trade em Houston and a first second and third and still be OK...well

The Jets could do it.

The jets have 1.04 and 1.29 and the 2.3 (35th pick). They could package these into moving up to the 1.1 and get Bush.

The Jets could do it.

The jets have 1.04 and 1.29 and the 2.3 (35th pick). They could package these into moving up to the 1.1 and get Bush.
That would be a classic Jets move. You have 35 holes on the team, yet package those picks up to get one guy that only plays half the downs. Go J-E-T-S... :lol:

The Jets could do it.

That would be a classic Jets move. You have 35 holes on the team, yet package those picks up to get one guy that only plays half the downs. Go J-E-T-S... :lol:
Note the key word "could".

Food for thought.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale...6370.xml&coll=2

Browns fans should be pleased to finally have a Cleveland football executive who doesn't spin or sugarcoat his professional observations.

On two occasions in this draft season, General Manager Phil Savage has offered the most constructive criticisms of any NFL executive on two of the draft's marquee names - Reggie Bush and Vince Young.

At the NFL Combine in February, Savage suggested that the diminutive Bush - the likely No. 1 pick - would not hold up as an every-down back.

"In my opinion, with Reggie Bush, more may be less and less could be more," Savage said. "Whichever team takes Reggie at the top of the draft, if they utilize him in the right way, he can still be a Heisman Trophy winner at the pro level, even if he's only touching the ball 10 or 15 times a game.

"I think when you get in a situation at his size, 200 pounds or so, when you're carrying it 20 or 25 times a game for 16 games, I think that's almost an impossibility for somebody to do that the way the game is played right now."

It's the prevailing opinion about Bush, but nobody else has expressed it.

As for Young, while skeptics have pointed to the Texas quarterback's unorthodox throwing delivery as a negative, Savage articulated the more relevant issue.

"I think the question on him, at least in my mind, is the fact he's operated in a shotgun offense with pretty vanilla reads and if those reads weren't there, he could take off and run with it," Savage said.

"You can do that in the NFL to a degree, but there does seem to be a little more structure in the league than in the college game. And every college team right now has some form of the shotgun spread offense, but every NFL team doesn't necessarily do that.

"I think you would have to very much adjust your system, and I think if he came on your team you'd almost have to have two different offenses."

Think about it. You're looking at 10-15 touches per game so count on a solid 13.

5 receptions, 8 totes.

Hell give him 10 yards per reception and 5.5 yards a pop. Then say he gets a rushing TD every fourth game, i.e., every 16 carries with equals out far greater than an A-Typical feature back getting 20-25 touches per game, and then say he scores at a Pro Bowl WR level of 8-10 TDs so give him 9 for the year.

His projected totals factoring in no learning curve or injuries.

8 carries * 16 games = 128 carries

128 carries * 5.5 yards per carry = 704 rushing yards

5 receptions * 16 games = 80 receptions

80 receptions * 10 yards per catch = 800

1,664 total yards

9 recieving TDs + 4 rushing TDs = 13 TDs

1,664 combined yards and 13 TDs

- IF he has no learing curve,

- IF he never gets injured

- IF he fufills the MINIMAL overhyped expectations

Realisitic expetations?

He'll face the same exact learning curve that every rookie RB faces in that he'll have to learn blitz pickups and it will take him to about mid season before he's fully up to speed.

Probably hit the rookie wall if not get a minor injury of some sort that would impact his abilty in some manner but I won't predict a game missing injury.

He'll break some long TDs but I think it would be extremely liberal to say he's going to log in more than a dozen. Also the average per carry is absurd and since he won't be up to speed in the passing game their is no way in hell he'll end up with 80 receptions by season's end.

The Jets, Packers, and Raiders are teams with high picks which could be interested in moving up for Bush.  I don't know if any of them have what it takes to get 1.01.  Houston's going to require more value than just 2006 draft picks from those teams; either #1 in 2006 and 2007, or #1 in 2006 and a real player. I could see the Raiders trading Jordan and 1.07 for Bush, but I can't see the Texans taking it, because Jordan isn't an upgrade over Davis.
:goodposting:

i think its more likely that the Texans trade D Davis on draft day than trade away the 1.1 pick.
I think he could fit right into Edge's colts role just fine. Not the same stats but he's a good enough receiver+runner that he could get the job done. I also don't like the idea of a rookie RB(possibly) protecting sir Peyton

i think its more likely that the Texans trade D Davis on draft day than trade away the 1.1 pick.
I think he could fit right into Edge's colts role just fine. Not the same stats but he's a good enough receiver+runner that he could get the job done. I also don't like the idea of a rookie RB(possibly) protecting sir Peyton
Im with you guys on this, trade Davis to the Colts or another team for a pick perhaps conditional, re-sign J Wells for short yardage and Special teams. Morency is a DD clone as backup/compliment to Bush.

The Jets, Packers, and Raiders are teams with high picks which could be interested in moving up for Bush.  I don't know if any of them have what it takes to get 1.01.  Houston's going to require more value than just 2006 draft picks from those teams; either #1 in 2006 and 2007, or #1 in 2006 and a real player. I could see the Raiders trading Jordan and 1.07 for Bush, but I can't see the Texans taking it, because Jordan isn't an upgrade over Davis.
....and fantasy football

....and fantasy football
I don't think that trade is likely to happen. But I think those trades don't tend to happen in the NFL because it is rare that two teams have needs and salary cap situations which fit well enough, not because they are impossible. I am certain that Al Davis would be interested in that deal; if Houston had nothing at RB, they might be interested, too. But with D.Davis in place, it's not interesting to Houston, and nothing else the Raiders have is valuable enough in trade talks to move up. (Randy Moss as a player is more valuable than Jordan, but his contract and his baggage keep his trade value down).

Users who are viewing this thread