What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Killing Of Police Officers At the Hands of Criminals (1 Viewer)

I believe there have been 10 officers killed by gunfire this year. I believe there have been close to 500 people killed by police this year.

:shrug:
Not true at all. Last year 126 police officers were killed. Law enforcement kills about 1000 criminals per year. So about a 10/1 ratio. If you want to just use police officers from like a squad car if would be closer to 5 or 6 to 1. That ratio is disturbing. No way I would ever be a police officer.
How many non-criminals are killed by law enforcement a year?
I don't know if this is shtick or you're just stupid. Everyone killed by police officers are criminals.
That's definitely not true.

Even Eric Garner, who I consider one of the worst deaths at the hands of police, was arrested 30 times.

How about this:

How many people shot by police don't have a long rap sheet?
Does it matter? Again, the point isn't that the people being unjustly killed are good people, or even that they are innocent. The point is that it doesn't matter. If they don't need to be killed by police, then they shouldn't be. None of the rest matters.

Sure, it's great life advice to not be a criminal, not run from cops. But that doesn't in any way justify them being shot and when people continually bring it up during these kinds of threads, it's pretty clearly an attempt to slip the blame for getting killed onto the victim.

Whew! Thank goodness you posted an example of what criminals do, in a sick way, are expected to do. I forgot all about it!

Posting this is like posting that soldiers bombed an enemy military base (though you can at least cheer that).

I can only guess this is some warped attempt at countering, what you believe, is unjust media coverage of police brutality as of late. Why else bother devoting a thread to it?

Criminals shoot at cops all the time. It's why cops are armed, to protect themselves from armed psychos. Not *ahem* to gun down unarmed men running from them.
Just thought a few of you all needed a reminder, that while you all are sitting safe behind your computer those who choose to uphold the law are risking their life so you all can sit safely behind your computer.
Maybe if you Americans fixed your gun problems you all wouldn't feel that your safety is primarily attributable to the police.

How about this:

Does it matter? Again, the point isn't that the people being unjustly killed are good people, or even that they are innocent. The point is that it doesn't matter. If they don't need to be killed by police, then they shouldn't be. None of the rest matters.

Sure, it's great life advice to not be a criminal, not run from cops. But that doesn't in any way justify them being shot and when people continually bring it up during these kinds of threads, it's pretty clearly an attempt to slip the blame for getting killed onto the victim.
It matters to them because once they get one criminal offense they can easily justify them being killed.

How about this:

It matters to them because once they get one criminal offense they can easily justify them being killed.
ive had 44 arrests between the ages 0f 15 and 28 (im now 51 and havent been in trouble since i was 28)...i deserve to be shot

How about this:

ive had 44 arrests between the ages 0f 15 and 28 (im now 51 and havent been in trouble since i was 28)...i deserve to be shot
WOW!! Were you 28 when your knuckles were busted? :eek:

;)

How about this:

Well if you ever are, we know that those arrests will be dug up with the quickness!!

2 more worthless pieces of #### that deserve to die immediately after conviction. It's time this country tells the bleeding hearts to go #### themselves and just find another country to live in.
What if there's more of us than there are of you? Do you have to find another country to live in? I bet North Korea would kill for some foreign investment.

How about this:

How many felonies?

How about this:

Curious what occurred to change the clear trend. Long incarceration, maturity gained with age and experience, changed environment, family status change, personal commitment to change, all of the foregoing, something else entirely. It is not atypical, in my experience, for men to change their pattern of behavior due to aging out of their youth, though in my experience this tends to occur five to seven years later than you demonstrated.

3 & 1/2 arrest a year for 14 years is a nice run of alleged criminality.

How about this:

No but somebody should have repeatedly kicked you in the balls.

How about this:

By age 23, over 40 percent of Americans have been arrested.
I was.
You can get arrested for minor things like public intox.
Or selling loose cigarettes.
Governments don't consider being screwed out of their taxes a minor offence.
Then why do they classify it as a misdemeanor and punish it by a fine or a few days in jail or community service?

How about this:

I was.
Then why do they classify it as a misdemeanor and punish it by a fine or a few days in jail or community service?
After 30 offenses you may lose your life.

How about this:

I was.
After 30 offenses you may lose your life.
Touche.

2 more worthless pieces of #### that deserve to die immediately after conviction. It's time this country tells the bleeding hearts to go #### themselves and just find another country to live in.
What if there's more of us than there are of you? Do you have to find another country to live in? I bet North Korea would kill for some foreign investment.
You wusses gotta go because you are part of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about this:

How many felonies?
90 % were fighting related...i did get popped for dealing coke so thats my lone felony....i had 3 dui's...a couple of destruction of property and and a receiving stolen property ...a couple of trespassing charges....funny thing is they are`nt nearly as bad as they sound (the charges) when you find out the story behind them...take the trespassing for instance...2 buddies and i climbed a giant water tower in the middle of the day during the summer and brought beers with us ...someone called the cops and they arrested us for public drinking also...just stupid kid ####.... the receiving stolen property was a keg someone stole from a party and brought it to my house ...we were drinking it and the cops showed up(someone ratted us out)...again stupid kid ####...the fights were mostly the people i hurt pressing charges ...some i was arrested at the scene ...ya i was a wild child ...i did 2 fairly short stints in jail (not prison) and after the 2nd time i got out and put myself thru radio broadcasting school ...havent been in trouble since...at some point we do grow up

How about this:

How many felonies?
90 % were fighting related...i did get popped for dealing coke so thats my lone felony....i had 3 dui's...a couple of destruction of property and and a receiving stolen property ...a couple of trespassing charges....funny thing is they are`nt nearly as bad as they sound (the charges) when you find out the story behind them...take the trespassing for instance...2 buddies and i climbed a giant water tower in the middle of the day during the summer and brought beers with us ...someone called the cops and they arrested us for public drinking also...just stupid kid ####.... the receiving stolen property was a keg someone stole from a party and brought it to my house ...we were drinking it and the cops showed up(someone ratted us out)...again stupid kid ####...the fights were mostly the people i hurt pressing charges ...some i was arrested at the scene ...ya i was a wild child ...i did 2 fairly short stints in jail (not prison) and after the 2nd time i got out and put myself thru radio broadcasting school ...havent been in trouble since...at some point we do grow up
If you are fortunate enough to live that long. The problem is I would think a good percentage of people with a similar past don't make it. They either die behind the wheel or at the hands of someone else.

How about this:

How many felonies?
If you are fortunate enough to live that long. The problem is I would think a good percentage of people with a similar past don't make it. They either die behind the wheel or at the hands of someone else.
Kind of underscores that we should maybe chill out on all the shooting of people for minor offenses, no matter how many they have on their record.

For the record, I'm not in favor of killing people with long arrest records.

However, dealing with police is like roulette - eventually you are going to land on 00.

Whew! Thank goodness you posted an example of what criminals do, in a sick way, are expected to do. I forgot all about it!

Posting this is like posting that soldiers bombed an enemy military base (though you can at least cheer that).

I can only guess this is some warped attempt at countering, what you believe, is unjust media coverage of police brutality as of late. Why else bother devoting a thread to it?

Criminals shoot at cops all the time. It's why cops are armed, to protect themselves from armed psychos. Not *ahem* to gun down unarmed men running from them.
What a classless, crap post.

Last edited:
How about this:

How many felonies?
Kind of underscores that we should maybe chill out on all the shooting of people for minor offenses, no matter how many they have on their record.
pipe down with the crazy talk, hippy

How about this:

How many felonies?
pipe down with the crazy talk, hippy
I'm an amendment-to-be, an amendment-to-be, and I'm hoping that you'll ratify me :whistle:

How about this:

How many felonies?
or at the very least stop judging a rap sheet by its cover

BustedKnuckles said:
igbomb said:
Ditka Butkus said:
BustedKnuckles said:
cstu said:
BustedKnuckles said:
PinkydaPimp said:
igbomb said:
cstu said:
How about this:

How many felonies?
or at the very least stop judging a rap sheet by its cover
Rap sheets are just lists of arrests.

An arrest is an accusation, not a conviction.

Many times, charges are later dropped.

In Freddie Gray's case, the vast majority of his arrests were for non-violent, victimless "crimes."

Can't tell if this is shtick or you are that dumb.
Pick one and keep in mind I care what you chose.
this guy is an idiot, that is very clear. Op - do you actually know any police officers? Call any of them a friend? I do, and you show what an idiot you are by assuming it is part of the job to get shot at. Internet trolls are so tough behind the computer. 100% sure you wouldn't be man enough to make you statement above to a live person. Now go away.

BustedKnuckles said:
PinkydaPimp said:
igbomb said:
cstu said:
How about this:

depends on what you are doing? Are you threatening an officers life? Are you involved in an armed robbery? Are you complying with instructions being given too you?

BustedKnuckles said:
PinkydaPimp said:
igbomb said:
cstu said:
How about this:

depends on what you are doing? Are you threatening an officers life? Are you involved in an armed robbery? Are you complying with instructions being given too you?
Is this really the standard we want for the Death Penalty?

BustedKnuckles said:
PinkydaPimp said:
igbomb said:
cstu said:
How about this:

i was just gonna say that my point was people say someone probably deserved to be shot because after the fact they report what an extensive record the person had....but that in fact had nothing to do with why the person was shot in the first place

BustedKnuckles said:
PinkydaPimp said:
igbomb said:
cstu said:
How about this:

if we were writing the policy it would not fit on this board. But it was a very broad question with equally broad guide rails.

BustedKnuckles said:
PinkydaPimp said:
igbomb said:
cstu said:
How about this:

i was just gonna say that my point was people say someone probably deserved to be shot because after the fact they report what an extensive record the person had....but that in fact had nothing to do with why the person was shot in the first place
I get where you are going with this. Sounds like earlier in your life you could have been put in a situation where you may have been shot. Later in life as you have turned over a new leaf that seems much less likely.

BustedKnuckles said:
PinkydaPimp said:
igbomb said:
cstu said:
How about this:

I get where you are going with this. Sounds like earlier in your life you could have been put in a situation where you may have been shot. Later in life as you have turned over a new leaf that seems much less likely.
no.....where im going is after someone is shot or somehow dies in the custody of the police ...people try to somehow justify the death by bringing up the dead person's criminal record...but that person's past shouldn't matter ...especially if people don't know all the circumstances behind each arrest ...looking at my record you would think i was a career criminal when in fact i was no such thing...i was just wild and stupid...bottom line is dont be so quick to judge ...dying because you ran AWAY from harm shouldnt be a death sentence ...no matter what you did in your past

Kind of a misleading title. It looks like "the rise" is still considerably lower than the average number of officers killed per year over several decades, but there has been a rise in officer killings since 2013 which marked a thirty-five year low. Whether the media focus on the police after Ferguson contributed to the uptick is unknown.

The Hill

Killings of police officers on the riseThe number of law enforcement officers killed through acts of violence has been on a precipitous upswing, according to preliminary data from the FBI.

Statistics released by the bureau on Monday show that 51 officers were killed by a felony crime in 2014, up from the just 27 killed in 2013 — which represented a 35-year low.

From 1980-2014, an average of 64 officers were killed each year across the country, the FBI said.

The new data come amid growing tensions between police and communities across the country, in the wake of multiple deaths of unarmed black men and boys at the hands of police.

As instances of unrest have spread from Ferguson, Mo., to Staten Island, N.Y., to Baltimore, scrutiny of law enforcement and of the perils that come with the job have also been on the rise.

According to the FBI’s new data, officers were shot at in 46 of the 51 deaths. Four officers were run over by vehicles and one was killed by someone’s bare hands.

Those deaths happened in a mix of situations: 11 officers were killed after answering disturbance calls, 10 were attempting to make traffic stops and eight were killed in an ambush. In other instances, officers were killed while investigating cases, dealing with people with mental illnesses or making other arrests.

All of the cases from the slayings have been closed, the FBI said.

In addition to the violent killings, an additional 44 officers were accidentally killed in 2014 in the line of duty, including 28 automobile accidents and two accidental shootings.

The number of accidental deaths was five fewer last year than in 2013.

Full statistics will be published by the FBI in an annual report this fall.

Again those numbers, in terms of percentage of police officers being killed, are so low that it makes the entire article meaningless.
The same argument can be made in terms of people killed or brutalized during police encounters in relation to all police encounters, yet you harp on.

Again those numbers, in terms of percentage of police officers being killed, are so low that it makes the entire article meaningless.
The same argument can be made in terms of people killed or brutalized during police encounters in relation to all police encounters, yet you harp on.
Actually I don't personally. I'm bothered by what I believe to be the systemic mistreatment of young black men, but not specifically deaths or brutalization because you're right: the odds of those are extremely low.

BustedKnuckles said:
sbonomo said:
BustedKnuckles said:
How about this:

no.....where im going is after someone is shot or somehow dies in the custody of the police ...people try to somehow justify the death by bringing up the dead person's criminal record...but that person's past shouldn't matter ...especially if people don't know all the circumstances behind each arrest ...looking at my record you would think i was a career criminal when in fact i was no such thing...i was just wild and stupid...bottom line is dont be so quick to judge ...dying because you ran AWAY from harm shouldnt be a death sentence ...no matter what you did in your past
I would disagree. Say an officer is pulling over a car registered to a know convicted felon. You better believe he is going to take extra care when approaching. Further if that person not cooperating and or becomes aggressive I see no fault in the officer escalating the situation much faster due to his knowledge of the background. I am sure you are a good dude, but there are bad people out there. Anyone with a record made that choice in life. Time to deal with it. You mention that you have 20+ arrest, many for fighting. You would be foolish to think an officers guard isn't instantly up because of that.

I believe there have been 10 officers killed by gunfire this year. I believe there have been close to 500 people killed by police this year.

Not true at all. Last year 126 police officers were killed. Law enforcement kills about 1000 criminals per year. So about a 10/1 ratio. If you want to just use police officers from like a squad car if would be closer to 5 or 6 to 1. That ratio is disturbing. No way I would ever be a police officer.
How many non-criminals are killed by law enforcement a year?
I'll go with zero.

Per 2008, there are around 120,000 police officers in the USA. So you would have an .001% chance of being killed. Your odds of dying in a freeway accident might be worse.
:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread