What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

I think facing Green Bay is why these three defenses look so good.
Well the Jets were #3, the Lions #6 and Seattle #8 against the run in 2013 as well.
what were the bears in 2013?
They changed. The leading rusher against the Bears in 2014 in 4 games is 63 yards. 15 RBs had more than 63 yards against the Bears last year, including 11 over 100 and 1 over 200. I am not saying the Bears are great against the run, but they aren't as bad as they were last year.
well, that's a bit of a weasel way to frame it -- are you that desperate to score some kind of point?

frank gore had that 63 yards, but was only given 13 carries in the game to do so, for a 4.8 ypc

the previous week saw a buffalo committee of 3 backs run for 174 yards on 27 carries --- freddy j fell just short of your 63 yard marker, picking up only 61 yards on 7 carries.

week 3 was again a committee, with chris johnson and ivory each getting 10 carries --- jets picked up a total 91 yards.

the other game was lacy.
And? You referenced 2013. I don't care about committees, etc. The Bears in 2013 gave one team two 100 yard rushers, so Jackson and Spiller getting 60 yards a piece is better, is it not?

In 2013, they had already given up two 100 yard rushers in 4 games, so a top of 63 seems better, right?

As I said above:

I am not saying the Bears are great against the run, but they aren't as bad as they were last year.
Pretty sure what I posted is exactly that. Not trying to get any points, but your comment about 2013 was far more weaselly to use your words. Dr. O was right, Detroit, NYJ and Seattle were top run Ds in 2013 and are again this year. Sorry, I agree with you sometimes, but Dr. O was right and your comment this time had no bearing or disputes that in any way.

And? You referenced 2013. I don't care about committees, etc. The Bears in 2013 gave one team two 100 yard rushers, so Jackson and Spiller getting 60 yards a piece is better, is it not?

In 2013, they had already given up two 100 yard rushers in 4 games, so a top of 63 seems better, right?
I'm jumping in in the middle here, but it seems pretty ridiculous to grade a run defense based on "number of 100 yard rushers allowed" if they're still allowing a similar amount of total rushing yards. As if their opponents tendencies to use feature backs versus RBBC are somehow indicative of the quality of the Chicago run defense.

I know we can twist statistics to say whatever we want, but yeesh, that's beyond pushing it.

Dr. Octopus said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
Well the Jets were #3, the Lions #6 and Seattle #8 against the run in 2013 as well.
not relevant to what I posted?

I'm just pointing out that what he said/implied wasn't necessarily true.
so, what was making the bears run defense look so good against lacy?

Dr. Octopus said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
not relevant to what I posted?

I'm just pointing out that what he said/implied wasn't necessarily true.
so, what was making the bears run defense look so good against lacy?
Their snazzy throw back uniforms?

But once again I'm not sure why the Bears are relevant to what I posted.

I was watching the All 22 film to get a read on how CHI's DL will fare versus CAR's OL this weekend and I wasn't really all that impressed with Lacy. GB was getting some real push on CHI and were opening holes but I don't think Lacy was really exploiting most of it. He looked kind of slow trying to get to the second level.

I was watching the All 22 film to get a read on how CHI's DL will fare versus CAR's OL this weekend and I wasn't really all that impressed with Lacy. GB was getting some real push on CHI and were opening holes but I don't think Lacy was really exploiting most of it. He looked kind of slow trying to get to the second level.
He looked the same for the first month of last season. Then he found the groove with the lineman and exploded. A beat writer for the Packers said Lacy is having trouble identifying the cutback lanes. That's not practiced at full speed virtually ever nowadays, and even if it was, the offensive line has changed multiple times since early in the preseason.

I think the combination of the same OL playing every game, a softer schedule, and more reps in a game-like atmosphere is going to do the same thing for Lacy this year that it did for him last year ... he'll find his groove and explode. I consider him a buy-low right now and have acquired him in two of 12 leagues. For all the talk, other people must feel the same way because I'm having to pony up to get him. Nobody is selling much cheaper than for the value where they drafted him. I think a lot of these haters in this thread were people that never drafted him and were sour on him from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lacy will outscore asiata tomorrow guaranteed.
If it's Bridgwater under center and not ponder I'd take that bet all day. Eventually people are gonna have to realize that lacy isn't fit for this offense until they start lining up in the I and handing off to him. Not making him start 5 yards deep on every hand off he isn't going to produce stellar numbers.

Lacy strikes me as kind of a cold weather back. If you've got a good team I think he will do well by the time you need him the most.

Lacy will outscore asiata tomorrow guaranteed.
If it's Bridgwater under center and not ponder I'd take that bet all day. Eventually people are gonna have to realize that lacy isn't fit for this offense until they start lining up in the I and handing off to him. Not making him start 5 yards deep on every hand off he isn't going to produce stellar numbers.
I'm worried that Lacy is gonna get outscored by both Asiata and McKinnon tomorrow.

James Starks - RB - Packers

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Tyler Dunne said to expect a lot of James Starks in Thursday night's game against the Vikings.

Starks oddly played one snap in Week 4 and received zero carries. Expect that to change this week, especially if the heavily favored Packers get a lead. Dunne says the goal is 25-30 rushing attempts for the team and it's reasonable to think Starks can get around 10 of those. He's impressively averaged 5.46 YPC over the last two seasons while Eddie Lacy has plodded to 3.03 YPC so far this year.

Related: Eddie Lacy

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com Oct 2 - 12:20 PM
Ugh. Why do I foresee something similar to what happened to Rashard Jennings last week happening to Lacy tonight. I hate TNF precisely because of this. Players, particularly RBs, haven't had a chance to recuperate.

Dunne says the goal is 25-30 rushing attempts for the team and it's reasonable to think Starks can get around 10 of those.
I'd be fine with 15-20 carries for Lacy.

The other way to look at it is maybe they are expecting to carry the ball a lot with the weather and the Vikes maybe starting Ponder they could get out ahead.

Dreading yet another sub-par outing but little choice but to roll him out again with my only other options due to byes being Vereen, Crowell or McKinnon. Come on, gimme 80 and a td! I'd settle for that gladly.

Dreading yet another sub-par outing but little choice but to roll him out again with my only other options due to byes being Vereen, Crowell or McKinnon. Come on, gimme 80 and a td! I'd settle for that gladly.
People may be falling into a trap here because when you think of it logically, it makes all the sense in the world for the Packers to use Starks some tonight (short week) and because they will likely control the game, not have a need to put a heavy load on Lacy.

As a result, 80 and a TD would be just about best case scenario. But for all of us that were expecting 120+ and 1-2 TDs most weeks, even that won't take the anxiety off the Lacy watch.

So, logically, I think 67 and a td with 3 catches for 25 is what might happen.

Ideally, I am hoping he breaks a long one or two off early and we get that vibe from him like we did in that 3rd pre-season game where he touches the ball 6 times on one drive, scores the Td and looks unstoppable.

This is going to be a fun game to watch to see how it goes but I sure hope I get a 145/2TD 5 catch for 45 game tonight.

People may be falling into a trap here because when you think of it logically, it makes all the sense in the world for the Packers to use Starks some tonight (short week) and because they will likely control the game, not have a need to put a heavy load on Lacy.

As a result, 80 and a TD would be just about best case scenario. But for all of us that were expecting 120+ and 1-2 TDs most weeks, even that won't take the anxiety off the Lacy watch.

Ideally, I am hoping he breaks a long one or two off early and we get that vibe from him like we did in that 3rd pre-season game where he touches the ball 6 times on one drive, scores the Td and looks unstoppable.

This is going to be a fun game to watch to see how it goes but I sure hope I get a 145/2TD 5 catch for 45 game tonight.
Yes somewhere (not too far since i'm not greedy) North of 60 plus a td would be fine. As you say, they'll no doubt work Starks in and if he happens to nab a td or they roll out Kuhn at the goalline, it's going to be a tough, though not unexpected, pill to swallow. Plus it is somewhat logical too give the coach comments this week.

This feels so reminiscent of TRich last year. Then I kept thinking "well, maybe next week. He'll have more time with the playbook. Fresh off the bye" etc etc until I couldn't take it any more. Maybe he'll be more reliable once the cold weather comes around. Just grasping at straws and trying not to get too aggravated about it.

Huge holes to run through or there's a sliver of talent there after all. At this point I barely care, i'm just relieved he's cracked 50 yards :cool:

So he looks good in the first quarter and now he's in a time share. Awesome.
I wouldn't say he looks good so much as he had some nice stats. Ran a couple times through some utterly MASSIVE holes, but even in those cases it always felt like he got 5-10 yards less than he should have.

Dude needs to drop some weight this offseason.

He looked the same for the first month of last season. Then he found the groove with the lineman and exploded. A beat writer for the Packers said Lacy is having trouble identifying the cutback lanes. That's not practiced at full speed virtually ever nowadays, and even if it was, the offensive line has changed multiple times since early in the preseason.

I think the combination of the same OL playing every game, a softer schedule, and more reps in a game-like atmosphere is going to do the same thing for Lacy this year that it did for him last year ... he'll find his groove and explode. I consider him a buy-low right now and have acquired him in two of 12 leagues. For all the talk, other people must feel the same way because I'm having to pony up to get him. Nobody is selling much cheaper than for the value where they drafted him. I think a lot of these haters in this thread were people that never drafted him and were sour on him from the start.
Yup. It's hard being so right. All the haters going to look pretty stupid after tonight (and the next few games).

Cue haters:

My grandma could have run on Minnesota. B.b.b.b.ut he looks slow. Starks's 4 for 10 looked more impressive than Lacy's 9 for 90. LMAO at all the Chicken Little Syndromed people in here. ZIng!

Oh no! I'm still worried. He looked slow carrying that defender into the endzone. FOR THE SECOND SCORE! All the haters have left the premises and have begun their preparations for the McCoy and Richardson threads. If it makes anyone feel better, I also have Blanton and missed out on a tackle opportunity.

Shutout said:
People may be falling into a trap here because when you think of it logically, it makes all the sense in the world for the Packers to use Starks some tonight (short week) and because they will likely control the game, not have a need to put a heavy load on Lacy.As a result, 80 and a TD would be just about best case scenario. But for all of us that were expecting 120+ and 1-2 TDs most weeks, even that won't take the anxiety off the Lacy watch.

This is gonna be close lol!

this really just boils down to the same thing as nearly everything on this board --- there are a few people that can evaluate talent, but the great majority of fantasy nerds simply reverse engineer opinions based on numerical production.

when a guy pops off a bunch of yards and points he's great, and they rush to the wire to grab him, but if he doesn't produce then something must be wrong with him because certainly your opinion can't be wrong.

I remember listening to the audible podcasts last year and at the beginning of the season cooper shouldn't be on anybody's roster because he's the worst receiver in the league, but after he popped off a game or two he was the most incredibly gifted athlete who was impossible to cover.

the biggest difference between 2013 lacy and 2014 lacy is they aren't leaning on him because of an injury to rodgers, so he isn't getting the same opportunity to touch the ball 300+x , as was pointed out numerous times prior to the season to anybody paying attention.

I don't think lacy is as good as murray, but if you flip flopped them I'm sure he'd put up pretty good production in dallas right now.
I'll put you in the group who cannot evaluate talent.
LOL! :lmao: Who are you? Kool-Aid posts some thought out, detailed stuff. You can agree or disagree. But at least he offers details on how he comes to his conclusions. Which I happen to find insightful at times.
All Larry brings to the table is counting snaps of defensive players... A monkey could do that.
Hey, that's not right. Funny, but not right.

I think one of the best plays of the night was the catch on 3rd down and making the LB miss and picking up nice yardage. That bodes well for check down plays going forward. He always has beast potential when he gets going north and south, but I love seeing the soft hands and natural ability of catching passes.

Shutout said:
People may be falling into a trap here because when you think of it logically, it makes all the sense in the world for the Packers to use Starks some tonight (short week) and because they will likely control the game, not have a need to put a heavy load on Lacy.As a result, 80 and a TD would be just about best case scenario. But for all of us that were expecting 120+ and 1-2 TDs most weeks, even that won't take the anxiety off the Lacy watch.

This is gonna be close lol!
If I knew this was all that was needed to get the party started, I would have said it last week. Haha

In other news, I sure hope Shady McCoy rocks out a 120/3td game this week.

Users who are viewing this thread