What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AP's tragic situation (1 Viewer)

Dude, you gotta be fishing. Are you really saying putting a kid up for adoption (for whatever reason) is the equivalent of a rich pro-athlete making bastards all over the country?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Some dude knocked up my biological mother. He didn't want to raise me, for - as you said - whatever reason. So I was left with someone else to raise me. The only difference between my biological father and Adrian Peterson is Peterson is rich and famous. Aside from that detail, it's exactly the same thing.

What, you think because my biologicals gave me to an adoption agency it's somehow different? The end result is exactly the same - the biologicals left the kid (me) to be raised by someone else.

Dude, you gotta be fishing. Are you really saying putting a kid up for adoption (for whatever reason) is the equivalent of a rich pro-athlete making bastards all over the country?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Some dude knocked up my biological mother. He didn't want to raise me, for - as you said - whatever reason. So I was left with someone else to raise me. The only difference between my biological father and Adrian Peterson is Peterson is rich and famous. Aside from that detail, it's exactly the same thing.

What, you think because my biologicals gave me to an adoption agency it's somehow different? The end result is exactly the same - the biologicals left the kid (me) to be raised by someone else.
this guy isn't fishing for a meal, he's going for a tournament record.

If he was a nobody, and we saw this story on a talk show, everyone would think he was a POS. I can't imagine anyone would say "we all grieve in our own way". Since he's the great AP, people give him a pass for his actions, which of course speak louder than words. And his actions scream "dirtbag".
Okay, but here's the thing. What about people who give babies up for adoption? I'm adopted myself. If I had died tragically as a young child, would my biological parents have been expected to rush out and be a part of that? Of course not.

And I've got my flame-resistant suit on, all prepared for the people who will indignantly tell me it's not the same thing... but I'm telling you, it's exactly the same thing. The mother of the child was content to raise the child for years without Peterson in her or the kid's life. Had the kid lived a long and fruitful life, nobody would bat an eyelash at Peterson's lack of involvement. But the kid died young in a tragic way, and people lose their #### over stuff like that, so they blame the rich guy for failing to do something. That's understandable. But it's also completely wrongheaded.
If the kid had not been killed, we would not have known about AP's lack of involvement or even how many kids he had that he ignored...now we do, so it's not wrongheaded to excoriate him, IMO.
My biological parents gave me up at birth to be raised by someone else. Would you say the same of them?
Maybe you can start a thread of your own, regarding your situation. This one is about AP. The revelations that have come out about him have caused some of us to consider him in a lesser light than we did before...justifiably, IMO.

If he was a nobody, and we saw this story on a talk show, everyone would think he was a POS. I can't imagine anyone would say "we all grieve in our own way". Since he's the great AP, people give him a pass for his actions, which of course speak louder than words. And his actions scream "dirtbag".
Okay, but here's the thing. What about people who give babies up for adoption? I'm adopted myself. If I had died tragically as a young child, would my biological parents have been expected to rush out and be a part of that? Of course not.

And I've got my flame-resistant suit on, all prepared for the people who will indignantly tell me it's not the same thing... but I'm telling you, it's exactly the same thing. The mother of the child was content to raise the child for years without Peterson in her or the kid's life. Had the kid lived a long and fruitful life, nobody would bat an eyelash at Peterson's lack of involvement. But the kid died young in a tragic way, and people lose their #### over stuff like that, so they blame the rich guy for failing to do something. That's understandable. But it's also completely wrongheaded.
If the kid had not been killed, we would not have known about AP's lack of involvement or even how many kids he had that he ignored...now we do, so it's not wrongheaded to excoriate him, IMO.
My biological parents gave me up at birth to be raised by someone else. Would you say the same of them?
Maybe you can start a thread of your own, regarding your situation. This one is about AP. The revelations that have come out about him have caused some of us to consider him in a lesser light than we did before...justifiably, IMO.
I'm perfectly comfortable with my situation. I have a great family. My point, and I was using my situation because I don't claim to speak for others, is that all you people that are calling him a piece of #### for "abandoning" his kid are also insulting everyone who has ever left a child to be raised by another. But you think that because he's rich and famous that he's somehow different. He's not.

You see him in a lesser light... I'm sure he's losing sleep over that. I honestly can't roll my eyes hard enough at you.

Sorry dude but I'd rather be a ******* son of AP than raised by my parents.

Maybe AP wants to be married to all of these women and raise his kids with them but the law and/or or mothers won't allow it? Poor guy doesn't even get a chance to raise all of his kids the way he wants to.

Hey look the guy that has a creepy avatar of himself is making the the thread all about him!
Its okay to have differing opinions, but he isn't doing what you are suggesting he is doing.
The fact that he was adopted just doesn't seem that relevant to Peterson's situation. But as I said before, he's probably just fishing.
I said I'm not fishing. The reason I brought up my adoption is so that making my point about adoptions wouldn't be dismissed as some arbitrary hand-waving. That's all there is to it. Is my specific adoption relevant to Peterson's situation? Of course not, don't be ridiculous. But comparing his situation to adoptions in general is relevant because it's another way of looking at his situation. If you can't see that, that's your problem, not mine.

But I think it's adorable that you seem to believe that calling my avatar creepy will somehow bother me.

Maybe i dont have all the details but it seems folks are jumping to alot of conclusions. First of all, how many confirmed kids does he have? Im sure players have woman saying that their baby is theirs on the regular. Second. How do we know that he was not asked to leave the hospital, or even asked to stay away. maybe the family didn't want a media storm which AP would have brought with him. As far as playing, i dont have a problem with it. Everyone grieves differently. Some people cry at funerals. Some smile inappropriately. Some need to take off work. Others would rather stay busy. Torrey Smith tweeted right after the news broke and said that when his brother died him playing really helped him.

Either way, i dont think we have enough information to be saying hes a POS or he shouldnt have played in that game.

PinkydaPimp said:
Maybe i dont have all the details but it seems folks are jumping to alot of conclusions. First of all, how many confirmed kids does he have? Im sure players have woman saying that their baby is theirs on the regular. Second. How do we know that he was not asked to leave the hospital, or even asked to stay away. maybe the family didn't want a media storm which AP would have brought with him. As far as playing, i dont have a problem with it. Everyone grieves differently. Some people cry at funerals. Some smile inappropriately. Some need to take off work. Others would rather stay busy. Torrey Smith tweeted right after the news broke and said that when his brother died him playing really helped him.

Either way, i dont think we have enough information to be saying hes a POS or he shouldnt have played in that game.
:goodposting:

This story has highlighted two of my biggest pet peeves: people jumping to conclusions based on incomplete information (which usually says more about the conclusion-jumper than it does about the subject they're discussing), and judging others for not responding "properly" to a tragedy. The fact is, there is no "normal" way to respond, and even if the person does do something wrong, I'm inclined to cut them some slack based on the fact that, you know, they just experienced an unspeakable tragedy.

Users who are viewing this thread