What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (1 Viewer)

Kinda annoying when you're looking for something that Costco should have, but they don't carry it. Like pickled jalapenos. Why don't they carry this? They have jarred olives, some olive tapenade thing, jarred salsa, jarred artichoke hearts if I recall correctly...but no jarred jalapenos? wtf

As an aside, a cashier once told me that when a price ends in 7, it means that it is being discontinued. But you all probably already knew that. 

I thought this was very helpful so I shared it with the wife. She said "Yep." Apparently there are also some other things that have to do with their pricing and indications on future drops. She said it happens at other stores too and to just Google it for the store you're interested in.

Kinda annoying when you're looking for something that Costco should have, but they don't carry it. Like pickled jalapenos. Why don't they carry this? They have jarred olives, some olive tapenade thing, jarred salsa, jarred artichoke hearts if I recall correctly...but no jarred jalapenos? wtf
Probably because you don't need a warehouse club to get a gallon jar of jalepenoa dirt cheap.  Just go to Kroger. 

Someone asked about chicken pot pies.  Mine had them a month ago. Didn't get one though. 
It was me from late summer wondering when they would have them. We have since had them a couple times. Love them.

It is funny how when my kids were little, I wished that they would sell them in smaller sizes since we couldn't finish one, now that my kids are teenagers, I have to buy two so I can have enough with some leftovers!!!

For you guys that rave about the pizza sauce.  Where is it?  We look every time and cannot find it.  Been looking for years.  Maybe the stores around Atlanta hate homemade pizza?

Mr. Ected said:
It was me from late summer wondering when they would have them. We have since had them a couple times. Love them.

It is funny how when my kids were little, I wished that they would sell them in smaller sizes since we couldn't finish one, now that my kids are teenagers, I have to buy two so I can have enough with some leftovers!!!
I assume that you are talking about the ones that cost around $18.If so the wife and I have been eyeing them but have yet to pull the trigger. I'll definitely look out for them the next time I go. 

Mr. Ected said:

I assume that you are talking about the ones that cost around $18.If so the wife and I have been eyeing them but have yet to pull the trigger. I'll definitely look out for them the next time I go. 
Yes, they are very good; if you’ve ever had the Costco Chicken Noodle Soup, the ingredients are similar, with the nice chicken breast meat, vegetables and all. It looks and tastes like something you’d make at home, as does most of their prepared food.

shuke said:
Probably because you don't need a warehouse club to get a gallon jar of jalepenoa dirt cheap.  Just go to Kroger. 
This is just silly. A lot of people might wonder the same thing about pretty much every product at Costco/Sam's. Anyway, many people have a use for a large container of cheap jalapenos. Sam's carries them, and I'm really glad they do. They are a lot better than the grocery store jalapenos, and of course, a lot cheaper (I've literally had people ask me where I get these wonderful jalapenos). 

shuke said:
Someone asked about chicken pot pies.  Mine had them a month ago. Didn't get one though. 
These things are f-ing awesome.  Also, @Mr. Ected, you must have some really hungry kids if you can finish off 2, because at least at my store, they're easily 16" in diameter.  

I had their pre-made tamales on Sunday night.  First time for those, and they were fantastic.  

shuke said:
These things are f-ing awesome.  Also, @Mr. Ected, you must have some really hungry kids if you can finish off 2, because at least at my store, they're easily 16" in diameter.  

I had their pre-made tamales on Sunday night.  First time for those, and they were fantastic.  
It's not that we can finish 2, we can do a bit more than one. If I buy 2, then I have a full meal and good amount of leftovers!

:blackdot:

We just got a membership. It's about a half hour away so we may only hit it up once every few months but looking forward to the insight you guys have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not available in my area yet...but definitely a game changer
Will I receive my Executive rewards?

Yes, you will earn your 2% Executive rewards on the warehouse merchandise sell price, but not on the 15% to 17% markup or the 10% service fee.
Seems like it's going to be 25-27% more expensive, that limits the value quite a bit IMO.

Am I the only one that likes actually going to the store?   I know where everything is and I only go during non-peak hours.   I love the spaciousness of the aisles.  They also have a lot of interesting food and non-food items that they rotate so its nice to see if there's something that catches my eye.   Every once in awhile, I'll come across a new food item that becomes a regular in the rotation.  I'm really enjoying this bagged mediterranean mixed salad at the moment.  

Am I the only one that likes actually going to the store?   I know where everything is and I only go during non-peak hours.   I love the spaciousness of the aisles.  They also have a lot of interesting food and non-food items that they rotate so its nice to see if there's something that catches my eye.   Every once in awhile, I'll come across a new food item that becomes a regular in the rotation.  I'm really enjoying this bagged mediterranean mixed salad at the moment.  
I like going to the store.  My wife? Not so much.

(By which I mean that I don't like my wife going to the store.)

And now they're offering free same-day delivery on everything?  It says available in most metropolitan areas, so I figured no way we'd make the cut.  I signed on, entered my address, and BOOM.  They can deliver everything to my house in 2hours.  Only catch is you have to be home to accept the delivery.

https://www.costco.com/grocery-household.html?&EMID=B2C_2017_1115_Holidaysavings_ending
Be careful of the same-day delivery. I have used the same 'program' thru a grocery store (Wegmans). What I have noticed is that the items tend to be a bit more expensive. Also whether or not you have a 'Delivery Fee' there is also a 'Service Fee' and are asked for a tip for the person that picks out your stuff and delivers it. Not sure if the same thing happens with Costco, but Wegmans uses the same company (Instacart), so I would think it would be so.

Despite this, I have used it because I can't drive (seizures) and sometimes I just need something from the store, and I can't get there myself, so it's worth the extra $$$. I try to do small orders only every once in a while, where I desperately need something during the week.

I will say that Costco might be a great place to have this done. You don't have a lot of choice with individual products, so you can feel more comfortable with someone else picking out your stuff. I try to avoid ordering produce and meat because I like to pick those items myself. :picky!:

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Not Costco, but BJs. I always get the free trial membership things in the mail & use them, but I never find enough reasons to pay to be a member. Am I missing something?

Also, does Costco ever offer these free trials?

I assume you mean freeze after baking it?   Do you unfreeze just by throwing it in the over for a certain amount of time?
After baking.  We ate what we could one night.  There was about half left over that I wrapped with foil and put in the freezer for a later date.  I thawed in in the fridge overnight and heated it up in the oven and it tasted the same.

I decided to explore how ridiculous I could get with the Costco return policy.  I bought a double pack of mustard and salsa, a triple pack of ketchup.  I took one bottle/jar of each out and took the rest back.

Costco person: "Is there anything wrong with these?"

Me :  Nope.

Costco person: refund or store credit?

Costco person proceeds to give me my store credit card and I go on my way.  So basically you can have free ketchup, mustard, salsa or anything else that is sold in those twin packs for free, forever.  Some say I'm a hero, but I don't see it that way.

I decided to explore how ridiculous I could get with the Costco return policy.  I bought a double pack of mustard and salsa, a triple pack of ketchup.  I took one bottle/jar of each out and took the rest back.

Costco person: "Is there anything wrong with these?"

Me :  Nope.

Costco person: refund or store credit?

Costco person proceeds to give me my store credit card and I go on my way.  So basically you can have free ketchup, mustard, salsa or anything else that is sold in those twin packs for free, forever.  Some say I'm a hero, but I don't see it that way.
Buy 5 tires. Return 1 for full refund

#winning

Anyone bought a treadmill at Costco?

Trying to find good reliable reviews for exercise equipment is about impossible.

shuke said:
Anyone bought a treadmill at Costco?

Trying to find good reliable reviews for exercise equipment is about impossible.
I think we bought ours there.  I can tell you that it's REALLY F-ING HEAVY (like most are).  Best workout either my wife or I have gotten out of it was me carrying it downstairs to assemble.  We're guilty of the "buying exercise equipment makes you healthy" theorem.  I'll see if I can get some details on which one she ordered.

Went for the first time on sunday. Spent 3+ hours and 3+ hundred there. 

So I bought diapers for my one year old. They should have fir, given the weight, but they dont. Will costco take back an open box of diapers?

What is up with items that are available online only?

the site had these organic baby food pouch things, but the store had no baby food at all -- just formula. 

Users who are viewing this thread