What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a Costco member? What do you buy for your household? (1 Viewer)

Was looking for more than a snack but not a full meal. Found this Vietnamese Pho Soup Bowls that my wife picked up. Very tasty! Wife couldn't remember but she thinks they were less than a dollar a bowl. They are kind of like Ramen on steroids.

The $500 cash back from Sam's just kicked in. I forget about it throughout the year, so it's such an awesome surprise when it pops up.

Ravioli lasagna fans, $2 off starting tomorrow.   Stock up for the apocalypse.   #winning

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Ned
Can't beat their bags of bird feed for $13
I wish they had just sunflower.   Some types of birds just throw all the little balls out  looking just for the sunflowers.  Its actually pretty funny to watch.  A 40lb bag lasts a long time so other than the fact that I strive to buy everything from costco, it doesn't matter much having to pay a little extra from the depot.   

Kirkland.   Their chicken wings suck is what I'm sayin.  
ewwwww. Nope, not Foster Farms.  That is already their own stuff they are doing. 

*talking to a head guy guy at FF right now.  :D   He said its probably Tyson frozen garbage.

Dont think they (Foster Farms) do much of the frozen stuff. What brand and section, freezer?
I've had a few instances where I'll buy either the boneless/skinless breasts or thighs, freeze one of the packages, and then when I thaw and open the package, it smells rancid and I have to chuck it.  Anyone else with this?  seems to happen maybe 25% of the time.

I've had a few instances where I'll buy either the boneless/skinless breasts or thighs, freeze one of the packages, and then when I thaw and open the package, it smells rancid and I have to chuck it.  Anyone else with this?  seems to happen maybe 25% of the time.
I will typically vacuum seal anything I put in the freezer, but my guess is that they were spoiled when you bought them. I've had that happen a few times with pork shoulders.

I've not had that happen with Costco, but I suppose the good news is they'll give you a refund if you ask.

Costco is looking into starting their own live Chicken Farms.  Cutting out people like Foster Farms and Purdue. A rather massive undertaking.
I'm not so sure this is the case.  My line of work is pretty close to food producers, and I know they work heavily with Pilgrims as well.  They recently invested a lot of capital in a hatchery with Pilgrims.  Along with that capital came an exclusivity agreement for a decent duration of time.  

Not saying they might not be looking into it, as I'm sure they have several suppliers, but I don't think CostCo is going to up and jump into 100% self-farmed chicken.  

Not sure if this is a Honda, but I got a couple of packs of the Costco-made Chicken Noodle Soup today (Have to get lots because growing kids inhale this!) and noticed one of the best bad news, good news items in prepared food. I poured the two containers into a pot to warm up and noticed the huge chunks (nugget sized) of chicken still floating in the soup. Since I like smaller pieces, so I fished out the huge ones and proceeded to cut them down.

For the TLDR it was bad news: had to work on a prepared soup instead of just warming it up; good news: the amount of chicken is so huge in this soup that I have to cut the pieces down!!!

Not sure if this is a Honda, but I got a couple of packs of the Costco-made Chicken Noodle Soup today (Have to get lots because growing kids inhale this!) and noticed one of the best bad news, good news items in prepared food. I poured the two containers into a pot to warm up and noticed the huge chunks (nugget sized) of chicken still floating in the soup. Since I like smaller pieces, so I fished out the huge ones and proceeded to cut them down.

For the TLDR it was bad news: had to work on a prepared soup instead of just warming it up; good news: the amount of chicken is so huge in this soup that I have to cut the pieces down!!!
Can’t you cut the chicken down with your teeth when you eat it? Might save you some time.

take it back

(it has not happened to me, but I would if it did.)

I thought this was going another direction. Grateful that it did not!

Can’t you cut the chicken down with your teeth when you eat it? Might save you some time.
Yeah, I just don't like monster pieces of meat in the soup, where I need a knife and fork. The pieces were chicken nugget or tender sized. Which is wonderful, for the amount of meat.

Mr. Ected said:
Yeah, I just don't like monster pieces of meat in the soup, where I need a knife and fork. The pieces were chicken nugget or tender sized. Which is wonderful, for the amount of meat.
I suggest that you bring the soup back to Costco and literally pour it out on the counter in front of the lady at customer service to show her what you're talking about.  Keep doing this until changes are made that are up to your satisfaction. They'll get the message. Let us know how this turns out.

Anybody get their garage doors replaced through Costco's relationship with Amarr Garage doors?

We've got a 3-car garage (1 double-door, 1 single door) and the doors and tracks are shot.  Looking to replace them with new, 3-panel, insulated Carriage house style doors with new openers and track, potentially with torsion springs.  Guy is coming out for a consultation today.

Any experiences?

I suggest that you bring the soup back to Costco and literally pour it out on the counter in front of the lady at customer service to show her what you're talking about.  Keep doing this until changes are made that are up to your satisfaction. They'll get the message. Let us know how this turns out.
Uh, if they could change the soup containers to something more like I could open without a knife, I'd be happy. 

But other than that, soup is great. When you can get at it. 

My local costco makes a helluva prepared quinoa salad.  Pick one up almost every time...usually lasts a week and I use it for side dishes or an entire meal by itself sometime. 

Also, a new one I tried last week was marinated chili/lime chicken breasts.  Comes two packages (about 1.5 lb each) to a purchase...just throw on the grill or a pan on the stove for about 15 minutes give or take....really tasty. 
are these in the frozen section?

looking for a  new sofa in the living room. Im assuming the Costco lifetime warranty covers theirs. Has anyone bought a living room set from Costco?

looking for a  new sofa in the living room. Im assuming the Costco lifetime warranty covers theirs. Has anyone bought a living room set from Costco?
Bought a leather sofa there.  Had it for 10 months. Nothing wrong with it but it was not that comfortable.  Got a full refund on a return and bought a different one there that I like much better.  No questions asked.   Just had to haul to the old one back and pick up the new one.

Bought a leather sofa there.  Had it for 10 months. Nothing wrong with it but it was not that comfortable.  Got a full refund on a return and bought a different one there that I like much better.  No questions asked.   Just had to haul to the old one back and pick up the new one.
that is priceless. guess ill be buying from costco

Anybody get their garage doors replaced through Costco's relationship with Amarr Garage doors?

We've got a 3-car garage (1 double-door, 1 single door) and the doors and tracks are shot.  Looking to replace them with new, 3-panel, insulated Carriage house style doors with new openers and track, potentially with torsion springs.  Guy is coming out for a consultation today.

Any experiences?
Hi.  Yeah.  We just ordered doors for our 3-car garage from them a week ago.  Pretty smooth process.  Guy came out, did a quick inspection, and laid out our options.  I was actually really shocked at how much the insulation levels impacted the price.  Going from r-values of 6.X to 9.X added like 25% to the price.  We went with the 6.X because our current doors are probably barely 2.X, and aren't sealed well.

The company was also flexible in either using our garage door openers, or installing new ones.  (We went with new ones...we needed one new one, the other one was ~3 years old.  The anal side of me wanted them to match, and the price was reasonable).  They also could easily install an upgrade kit to allow one bay's door to open higher so as to clear my tailgate on my SUV.  Pleased so far.  Install is next month.

Fat Nick said:
Hi.  Yeah.  We just ordered doors for our 3-car garage from them a week ago.  Pretty smooth process.  Guy came out, did a quick inspection, and laid out our options.  I was actually really shocked at how much the insulation levels impacted the price.  Going from r-values of 6.X to 9.X added like 25% to the price.  We went with the 6.X because our current doors are probably barely 2.X, and aren't sealed well.

The company was also flexible in either using our garage door openers, or installing new ones.  (We went with new ones...we needed one new one, the other one was ~3 years old.  The anal side of me wanted them to match, and the price was reasonable).  They also could easily install an upgrade kit to allow one bay's door to open higher so as to clear my tailgate on my SUV.  Pleased so far.  Install is next month.
If you don't mind me asking what is the ballpark price for new doors and openers?

If you don't mind me asking what is the ballpark price for new doors and openers?
So for:

2 doors (1 singe, 1 double), 3-layer (steel/insulation/steel), torsion springs, two new belt drive openers, carriage style with window choice and style choice, all new track and hardware, and the above mentioned kit to raise the opened height of the smaller bay, we came in at ~$4,800 installed.  

It's basically new EVERYTHING for us as if we didn't even have doors.  The previous doors are beat to hell, so I wanted it all new.

Love them! Mainly because they changed the look of the doors enough to get my wife to move on from her previous desire to replace them.
Right on.  Just trying to get over the fact that I'm putting magnets on my garage doors.  But even if I were to put actual hardware on there (drilled/bolted), I'd never use them as handles anyway, so it really doesn't matter I guess.

Bought a LOT of Christmas stuff there today. :mellow:  

Pretty unique stuff. Didn't buy the 10 foot singing nutcracker though. 

Users who are viewing this thread