What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

At 8-8, Which is better: Starting 6-2 like the Giants, or starting 2-6 (1 Viewer)

At 8-8, Which is better: Starting 6-2 like the Giants, or starting 2-6 like the Steelers?

• Starting 6-2, then finishing 2-6 (like Giants) is better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Starting 2-6, then finishing 6-2 (like Steelers) is better

• Neither is better

• Total voters

Mungo Burrows

Footballguy
I realized something this weekend that I hadn't noticed before. The Giants started the season 6-2 then went 2-6 to finish 8-8. The Steelers started 2-6, then went 6-2 to finish 8-8 as well. I can't recall the last time a team (let alone, two) split the season in such a Jeckyll and Hyde fasion.

This got me thinking, is one better than the other? I generally don't buy the "how you finish carries into the beginning of next year" theory (see: Dolphins, Miami), but I was just wondering what others thought. For the sake of argument, leave out the fact that the Giants made the playoffs since that's just a function of them being in the NFC.

Discuss.

I'm not a Giants fan but, take the top 2 DE's from any team, the Left Tackle and #2 WR away and I think you'd see a big drop off... Just too many injuries to overcome, it happens.

I think they should keep Coughlin - Or at least have someone solidly lined up before they booted him.

I see the Steelers taking the early lead - Thing is Injuries played a big role in both, the Giants injuries were unfortunate - Ben's injury was just STUPID and probably did have a big effect on their season, I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be surprised if this wasn't a run away in the 2-6 category. The playoffs is about momentum and if you start off 6-2 and fall apart down the stretch it's obvious you have some serious issues. Making the playoffs after a 2-6 start is probably due to a young team gelling, a personnel change (i.e. VY at QB) and chances are no one is going to want to play the team that went 6-2 down the stretch.

I would be surprised if this wasn't a run away in the 2-6 category. The playoffs is about momentum and if you start off 6-2 and fall apart down the stretch it's obvious you have some serious issues. Making the playoffs after a 2-6 start is probably due to a young team gelling, a personnel change (i.e. VY at QB) and chances are no one is going to want to play the team that went 6-2 down the stretch.
I guess my assumption is that, except for occasional cases where you've got a very weak conference like the NFC this year, you aren't making the playoffs either way at 8-8.

Users who are viewing this thread