What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

At last, some meat on the MNF plate (1 Viewer)

Buck Bradcanon

Footballguy
Early December of last year Jax handed Indy their shorts 44-17, including 375 yards on the ground. Box score: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores106/1...4/NFL702334.htm

Indy's run D has improved since then (B Sanders anyone?) and Jax running game has regressed somewhat from what they were putting up last year. I wasn’t entirely sold on Indy until they dismantled a fairly decent TB team with several of their parts missing. I hope they are all back to full health for this game.

Divisional game on the road on MNF against a team that handed it to them last year and has played them very tough for a long time.

Thoughts?

Any Jax homers want to chime in and post how you feel about the state of the QB situation?

Are you happy with Garrard?

Except for that 44-17 debacle, every Jax/Ind game has been close since the AFC South began. I don't expect anything different on Monday.

Who would sleep on Jacksonville? I am sure that anyone who follows the sport knows that the Colts/Jags games are almost always close, regardless of where the game is. Last December's game was a rare blowout.

I think Indy makes a statement game of their own in this one, and dismantles a team that has played them very very tough in recent times.

Week 1 from the Titans was clearly a fluke against Jacksonville's run defense. They suffocate the run now. Unfortunately, they will give up plays through the air. That's not a good thing when you're going up against the Colts.

The Jags are a decent team. I think they'll be able to keep it close but I can't see them winning.

24-10 Indy.

Any Jax homers want to chime in and post how you feel about the state of the QB situation?Are you happy with Garrard?
There hasn't been much to dislike about how Garrard has played. I still hate the timing of the decision to go with Garrard, but I have been impressed with how things are coming along. The offense seems to be gelling more than in the first game.I'm obviously excited for Monday nights game. I think it will be a good game. I am worried, however, about getting pressure on Manning. The DE's haven't gotten much done, as far a getting to the QB. They'll need to apply more pressure in order for Manning not to pick the D apart.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Indy's D is miles better than the last time they played Jax. Jax has no passing game to speak of. I think Indy wins, easily
you gotta be kidding me? Indy's D might be better, but I think it hard to reproduce those numbers vs anyone, let alone Indy. MoJo has been hot recently and Taylor still can run, not to mention Garrard.Yeah, their passing D isn't all that, but their wr's are serviceable and better than teams like ATL, TEN, MIA, MIN, etc as a whole.Apparently Vegas agrees since Indy is only 3 pt favorites.Its a divisional game, Jax always plays them tough (they always play PIT tough too). This one will be a dandy

you gotta be kidding me? Indy's D might be better, but I think it hard to reproduce those numbers vs anyone, let alone Indy. MoJo has been hot recently and Taylor still can run, not to mention Garrard.Yeah, their passing D isn't all that, but their wr's are serviceable and better than teams like ATL, TEN, MIA, MIN, etc as a whole.Apparently Vegas agrees since Indy is only 3 pt favorites.Its a divisional game, Jax always plays them tough (they always play PIT tough too). This one will be a dandy
bad posting

Users who are viewing this thread