What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beginner's Guide : 10 Rules of Badminton (3 Viewers)

For you "report everything" guys, how far do you go?

Do you tell the wife/GF every time you think her friend's eyes linger?

Maybe you think she bent over in front of you, and you suspect she wanted you to check out her ###?

Maybe you saw her at the grocery store and you swear she gave you the #### me eyes.

Telling your GF/wife that you think her friend wants to #### you just seems like a terrible idea (whether you are right or wrong).
Its not about what you know. Its what you can prove. Texts are pretty good evidence
I agree. My general point is don't go interpreting anything. If the friend texts or does something that leaves no room for interpretation, sure, you have to report. But reporting flirty just isn't good for anyone.

This particular situation was best left alone, but then Baloney escalated it with the manscaping comment. He turned joking into flirting, and there's evidence of that.

No good options here, so he had to tell. No doubt the wife suspects he wants to bang the friend now.

Maybe you think she bent over in front of you, and you suspect she wanted you to check out her ###?

Maybe you saw her at the grocery store and you swear she gave you the #### me eyes.

Telling your GF/wife that you think her friend wants to #### you just seems like a terrible idea (whether you are right or wrong).
Its not about what you know. Its what you can prove. Texts are pretty good evidence
I agree. My general point is don't go interpreting anything. If the friend texts or does something that leaves no room for interpretation, sure, you have to report. But reporting flirty just isn't good for anyone.

This particular situation was best left alone, but then Baloney escalated it with the manscaping comment. He turned joking into flirting, and there's evidence of that.

No good options here, so he had to tell. No doubt the wife suspects he wants to bang the friend now.
He may as well bang her then. That part I wouldn't tell the wife though.

We are projecting a lot on his wife. maybe she has the sense of humor and self-esteem to handle something like this without having trust issues. He told her and she revealed that she views them as having a flirty relationship so now that needs to be addressed and should have been addressed immediately. But I can't imagine how telling her was a bad idea. the counter to this is that her trust issues are legit and warranted.

I didn't bring it to my wife's attention right away but did being it up same day in a casual manner. There was a decent chance friend would have told wife she sent the original text to me so telling her was a hedge against that being the case. I know my wife and there was a lot more downside to not telling her than telling her.
I think you did the right thing. These things have a way of lingering and brought up at unexpected times. Since you told her, your wife knows it is instigated by the friend and not you.

Put yourself in her shoes for a moment.. if you found out your best friend was text flirting back and forth with your wife, how would you feel about it? If she never told you and you found out later, would you feel better or worse than if she told you about it up front so that you knew he did it?
If wife found out 3 months later, and found out it ended right there? Why would wife think anything of it? If my best friend sent a text like that to my wife, I would assume his stupid sense of humor was a little inappropriate, and bust his balls about it. I certainly wouldn't get pissed at the wife or him.
Different people react in different ways I guess. And I'm speaking from the perspective of it not being limited to this one initial time. That is, nothing happened this time and friend continues to text here and there for, say, the next 3 months.

We are projecting a lot on his wife. maybe she has the sense of humor and self-esteem to handle something like this without having trust issues. He told her and she revealed that she views them as having a flirty relationship so now that needs to be addressed and should have been addressed immediately. But I can't imagine how telling her was a bad idea. the counter to this is that her trust issues are legit and warranted.
That's what sandwich's wife is wondering right now.

If my GF's friend sent me a text like that, it would make me feel very uncomfortable. I'd tell my GF right away.

I think it's kind of funny that so many people are more worried about trying to not lose the option of a threeway than making sure their relationship is happy. I'm sure half of it is shtick, but I'm positive most of it is serious. Did I say funny? I meant sad.
Largely ignoring is still just the best option.

If the GF somehow finds out, just say it didn't register as flirty and you just didn't think much about it. If you didn't respond or just responded something short and uninteresting, that story will hold just fine.

Bringing it up at all raises some suspicion on some level. Either it really was flirty, which means you invited it somehow. Or it wasn't, and you were reading "flirty" when it really wasn't there, which means you are interested in the friend. Lose-lose.

All happens with telling is the GF loses a friend and becomes suspicious of you.
Why we she be suspicious? If anything he earned more trust by being up front about it. I still say for most woman #### would absolutely hit the fan if she found out about the text down the road and the op didn't say anything.
This situation is different because Baloney escalated it from a possible harmless joke to a flirting situation, but to the general point of why it would make her suspicious.....most GF's/wives are going to wonder what prompted this.

Unless the friend is just a noted whore that wants to bang everybody, the wife likely assumes the pass didn't just come out of nowhere.

And if you're wrong, and a harmless joke was interpreted as a flirt, the wife might be a little suspicious that you interpreted it as something more.

If my GF's friend sent me a text like that, it would make me feel very uncomfortable. I'd tell my GF right away.

I think it's kind of funny that so many people are more worried about trying to not lose the option of a threeway than making sure their relationship is happy. I'm sure half of it is shtick, but I'm positive most of it is serious. Did I say funny? I meant sad.

If the GF somehow finds out, just say it didn't register as flirty and you just didn't think much about it. If you didn't respond or just responded something short and uninteresting, that story will hold just fine.

Bringing it up at all raises some suspicion on some level. Either it really was flirty, which means you invited it somehow. Or it wasn't, and you were reading "flirty" when it really wasn't there, which means you are interested in the friend. Lose-lose.

All happens with telling is the GF loses a friend and becomes suspicious of you.
Why we she be suspicious? If anything he earned more trust by being up front about it. I still say for most woman #### would absolutely hit the fan if she found out about the text down the road and the op didn't say anything.
Yeah, I have to say that telling the wife seems like the right move to me. She may be upset, but by showing her the texts BS proved he wasn't hiding anything. The coverup is definitely worse than the crime, especially when you aren't the one committing the crime.

Better for her to be wary of her friend and a little overprotective of her husband than the chance of seeing the texts on one of their phones and thinking there's more than just the texts.

I think if I were BS, I'd find some excuse to not even be there when wife's friend comes over the next time, or if not, be polite but a bit chilly towards her. It's better to make the lines clear rather than fuzzy them up and invite a worse situation down the road.

Pretty much.Go texting about your nut grooming habits with your wife's friend and put yourself in a situation where you have to brag to your wife about how her friend wants to bang you, it's all downhill from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, I have to say that telling the wife seems like the right move to me. She may be upset, but by showing her the texts BS proved he wasn't hiding anything. The coverup is definitely worse than the crime, especially when you aren't the one committing the crime.

Better for her to be wary of her friend and a little overprotective of her husband than the chance of seeing the texts on one of their phones and thinking there's more than just the texts.

I think if I were BS, I'd find some excuse to not even be there when wife's friend comes over the next time, or if not, be polite but a bit chilly towards her. It's better to make the lines clear rather than fuzzy them up and invite a worse situation down the road.
Agree.. If it is a harmless joke then all is well. Now everyone knows and can laugh it off and move on.

For you "report everything" guys, how far do you go?Do you tell the wife/GF every time you think her friend's eyes linger?Maybe you think she bent over in front of you, and you suspect she wanted you to check out her ###?Maybe you saw her at the grocery store and you swear she gave you the #### me eyes.Telling your GF/wife that you think her friend wants to #### you just seems like a terrible idea (whether you are right or wrong).
I agree. My general point is don't go interpreting anything. If the friend texts or does something that leaves no room for interpretation, sure, you have to report. But reporting flirty just isn't good for anyone.This particular situation was best left alone, but then Baloney escalated it with the manscaping comment. He turned joking into flirting, and there's evidence of that.No good options here, so he had to tell. No doubt the wife suspects he wants to bang the friend now.
Pretty much.Go texting about your nut grooming habits with your wife's friend and put yourself in a situation where you have to brag to your wife about how her friend wants to bang you, it's all downhill from there.
His reply definitely makes things look worse, but it still seems better to tell the wife and say that you responded to an inappropriate text with a stupid reply being a dumb guy but got uncomfortable with it when he got her reply rather not to tell her and risk her seeing that reply sometime later. His text already seems sketchy on its own, no way would she buy that he didn't think it was a big deal if she found it on her own later. And even if she bought that her husband didn't think it was a big deal doesn't mean she wouldn't think it was a big deal that her friend and husband were discussing her husband'so genitals via private conversation.

His reply definitely makes things look worse, but it still seems better to tell the wife and say that you responded to an inappropriate text with a stupid reply being a dumb guy but got uncomfortable with it when he got her reply rather not to tell her and risk her seeing that reply sometime later. His text already seems sketchy on its own, no way would she buy that he didn't think it was a big deal if she found it on her own later. And even if she bought that her husband didn't think it was a big deal doesn't mean she wouldn't think it was a big deal that her friend and husband were discussing her husband'so genitals via private conversation.
I agree he needs to tell her now, but I think it's important he do it in a light way. Not in a way that makes it look like he thinks any of this is a big deal. I wouldn't use words like "inappropriate" or "uncomfortable".

I'd probably just say something like, "hey, did see the ball shot ______ sent out today?" (pretending to assume a lot of people, including the wife were in on this conversation somehow whether told or maybe it was even a group text that you didn't see if the wife responded to)

If she didn't (a near certainty), you've shown there's nothing to hide without making anything suspicious or uncomfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree he needs to tell her now, but I think it's important he do it in a light way. Not in a way that makes it look like he thinks any of this is a big deal. I wouldn't use words like "inappropriate" or "uncomfortable".

I'd probably just say something like, "hey, did see the ball shot ______ sent out today?" (pretending to assume a lot of people, including the wife were in on this conversation somehow whether told or maybe it was even a group text that you didn't see if the wife responded to)

If she didn't (a near certainty), you've shown there's nothing to hide without making anything suspicious or uncomfortable.
Or, you can just go for it from another way:

Hey babe, your friend sent me a pick of a naked guy so sex is on. I'm going to invite her over tomorrow so that we can get to it. You want in?

This has the benefit of being so over the top ridiculous that if the whole sex options falls flat you look like you were making fun of the whole thing and not taking it seriously.

For the record, she wasn't joking around when she said you two are always flirting. The second she mentioned it on the phone, you should have realized this is what she really thinks.
This was wife's plan all along. She has been annoyed that she thinks you're always flirting with her friend, even named her as the one you would bang of all her friends. She puts friend up to seeing what your response would be.

You're lucky you stopped it after 1 reply, but I'd still start hiding money. No good can come of this down the road.

quickhands said:
Baloney Sandwich said:
I'm still not sure what to exactly make of the conversation with my wife last night, it was interesting to say the least.

I had to get up early and into the office to prep for a client meeting first thing this morning so I'm pressed for time but should be able to give a full recap later today.
Lol. This is now officially friday fishing.
Are you saying that he's full of Baloney?

Ditkaless Wonders said:
Baloney Sandwich said:
I'm at my office this morning around a quarter until 8 when I get a text from one of my wife's really good friends. It is a photo bomb picture of two couples on the beach with a naked guy with his dong showing in the background. Along with the picture she wrote "were u laying out when u should have been at work yesterday?". Now, we don't really have a texting relationship as she is my wife's friend although there have been times we have texted each other infrequently in the past. On my end, it is usually when I'm with my wife and her name will come up and my wife will say "You should text that to her".

I decided to text back "Not me, I don't manscape" seeing how the guy in the pic looked like he must have just taking a bath in Nair. She responded back "Really! Ur wife told me ur balls of fun!".

Do you think she is just having some innocent fun with me or is she testing the waters for some potential side action?
Without reading the rest of this thread I can tell you the correct response right now. You text back "Wow, you girls share everything."
abso-####ing-lutely brilliant answer

Wow, wife now believes you want to #### her friend and that her friend wants to #### you. So, she is either cool with it and yay for you, or she's not and there'll be tension every time you guys are near wife's flirty friend. So.... there's that. Way to diffuse the situation.

Remember the Curb where the friend's wife took Larry's "We should have sex sometime" joke seriously, and then we had to turn her down when she tried to arrange a get-together, it was suddenly Larry who was accused of making the pass? Keep that in mind if you decide to not tell your wife. Get in front of this now by telling her.
I agree. Tell her right away. Hell, she might be testing you for all you know.
Yep.

lakerstan said:
Sand said:
offdee said:
Sand said:
chet said:
Baloney Sandwich said:
offdee said:
Baloney Sandwich said:
Godsbrother said:
Ok I'll bite. How hot is the wife's friend?
cute more than hot but definitely on the upper end of the spectrum of my wife's friends. she married her high school sweetheart so pretty sure she has only been with her husband.
7: Cute girl at the club, in classes, at work, in apt building. Definitely cute, but not tops locally.http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/offdee%20Scale/TOS7.jpg6: Fairly attractive, no major flaws but maybe minor oneshttp://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS6.jpg.html?&_suid=1403197446434016405667706977633
I like your example of a 6 more than your example of a 7 so tough for me to put evaluate off of those but from your scale descriptions I would say a solid 7, at times a 7.5
Don't listen to offdee. The kid is clueless. Even if you didn't know that before, the above pics prove it. We all know what a 7 looks like and we don't need his idiotic description and pics to figure it out.
I also know what an offdee 9 and 10 look like, but am still pretty pissed that those two pictures have been deleted from his scale. Keeps the 1 but deletes the 10? The travesty...
Not sure what you mean GB...

10: Almost flawless and very rare. Could be a top model, top playboy centerfold (nationally amazing, the MENSA of hotness)http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS10.png.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS10.png.html?&_suid=140321493829208241496824655528

9: The hottest girl at the club, The hottest girl at school, etc (more locally amazing)http://s280.photobucket.com/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS85b.jpg.html#/user/offdee/media/offdee%20Scale/TOS85b.jpg.html?&_suid=1403214928539005177913149021757
All follow the convention of TOSX.jpg (where X is the rating) except those two. That's why I missed them. Appreciate the 10, though.
Anyone have the name of the 10? I need to see more of her...
http://thechive.com/2011/01/05/the-most-requested-chick-so-far-in-2011-is-ashley-valence-22-photos/
Bless you, my child.

Reporting rules are simple: Report anything that you think your wife would be hurt if she found out about it without you telling her.

Threads like this remind me of why asking for advice here is pretty much the worst thing you can do in almost any situation.

Wow, wife now believes you want to #### her friend and that her friend wants to #### you. So, she is either cool with it and yay for you, or she's not and there'll be tension every time you guys are near wife's flirty friend. So.... there's that. Way to diffuse the situation.
Pretty sure my wife is already over it and I don't anticipate any tension from anyone involved the next time we are all together.

Pretty sure my wife is already over it and I don't anticipate any tension from anyone involved the next time we are all together.
prollay.

Going to be a slow couple of days in terms of updates as her parents are coming over for dinner tonight and tomorrow I'm taking off for a golf tournament during the day and then an overnight bachelor party at the casino. My guess is Sunday I will be sleeping most of the day and then I'm at golf events both Monday and Tuesday. We really won't have much time together although I'm guessing even if we did the topic is yesterday's news. I doubt the friend is going to text me again since I didn't respond back to her last one so I just need to avoid doing something stupid like texting the friend Saturday night when I'm all wasted.

Going to be a slow couple of days in terms of updates as her parents are coming over for dinner tonight and tomorrow I'm taking off for a golf tournament during the day and then an overnight bachelor party at the casino. My guess is Sunday I will be sleeping most of the day and then I'm at golf events both Monday and Tuesday. We really won't have much time together although I'm guessing even if we did the topic is yesterday's news. I doubt the friend is going to text me again since I didn't respond back to her last one so I just need to avoid doing something stupid like texting the friend Saturday night when I'm all wasted.
Be careful about telegraphing key developments in next week's episode.

:lmao:

Threads like this remind me of why asking for advice here is pretty much the worst thing you can do in almost any situation.
To think that my wife would be pretty damn pissed that I replied once to something like this. And if she found out way down the road - :scared:

OP's wife was way cool about the whole thing.

Aw go ahead and do it. What could go wrong?

Ha! Will never happen, I tend to be laser focused on losing money at a casino. The thought won't even enter my mind.

Ha! Will never happen, I tend to be laser focused on losing money at a casino. The thought won't even enter my mind.
Dear (FBG) Diary. Looks like I really screwed the pooch this time. In a drunken stupor I hit on my wife's hottest (she's a 6.5) friend. I know I promised I wouldn't send her a pic of my junk, but after that manscaping comment and me losing my golf ball in the woods, the connection was inevitable.

You better text her tonight and tell her you will be alone out of town for the weekend getting drunk at a casino and may not be able to flirt with her.

Sure it will because about 20 of your best friends on here will be urging you to do it.

You better text her tonight and tell her you will be alone out of town for the weekend getting drunk at a casino and may not be able to flirt with her.
Yep. Nip this thing in the bud.

Way to set up the plot for next week, but you have given too much away. You will get people coming back for the next installment, but the "surprise plot twist" of you drunkenly texting the wrong number and then flirting with the other woman is already out there, so it has to live up to the hype if people are going to tune into the next episode.

As far as not answering if your wife has bi-tendencies, I like the part of you saving that information for a backstory lesson in Chapter 5 or 6 where we learn about your wife's indiscretion with a girl friend before you were married, but while you were dating and or maybe even engaged.

This has a lot of potential. Nice work!!!

I disagree. Lots of good advice given here on myriad subjects. This one got some but that phase is over and now we are onto will he continue to play it out or leave us hanging?

remove her from your contacts :shrug:

Way to set up the plot for next week, but you have given too much away. You will get people coming back for the next installment, but the "surprise plot twist" of you drunkenly texting the wrong number and then flirting with the other woman is already out there, so it has to live up to the hype if people are going to tune into the next episode.
I think giving away the drunken text development was probably smart.

Everybody hates the "next week on...." previews, but clearly they work. Baloney now has people that might've otherwise checked out planning to come back and see what he texted in a Vegas drunken stupor.

Users who are viewing this thread