What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ben Tate today (1 Viewer)

I saw FBG had him listed #28 early in the week, not sure where they have him now. Be interesting if folks could put up a few different sites and where they say he is projected.

I think if you had Foster/Tate, you gotta start Tate however it should be noted he has 4 broken ribs he is coming off of and he will be sore for a good while. I think he had 20+ carries last week, that's good. Wade Phillips is the he'd coach for the rest of the season, that's not good. Case Keenum is gonna play his ### off the rest of the season so that's good.

Kind of a seesaw here of good and bad things.

Not that anyone cares, but I'm sitting him. I think the Cards have a good Def at home and Spiller & Shonn Greene are better starts. The way things have been going this year though, I'll likely end up regretting it. So start Tate with confidence.

Ben Tate is ranked 26th this week on the cheat sheet. I think that is incredibly low but I want to preface it wit this. Every time I roll my eyes at an FBG ranking I typically am wrong. How can Tate not be a starting RB in a 12 team league start 2 RBs…that's what they are saying but I would like to hear the SP take on this.

I'm starting him today but I don't view him as anything more than a flex for several reasons..

ARI is stout. They've have allowed Gore and Lynch to have good games recently however.

Ribs are an issue although they're undoubtedly getting better.

D. Johnson's role may expand, he looked good last week

His day is going to be extremely TD dependent and to answer the OP's question, no he's not a top 12 play this week.

ARI d is good, four broken ribs, means more carries for Johnson, I hope Tates ribs hold up so he can play all four quarters.

I'm starting him today but I don't view him as anything more than a flex for several reasons..

ARI is stout. They've have allowed Gore and Lynch to have good games recently however.

Ribs are an issue although they're undoubtedly getting better.

D. Johnson's role may expand, he looked good last week

His day is going to be extremely TD dependent and to answer the OP's question, no he's not a top 12 play this week.
Spot on

I'm not starting him either, the broken ribs, he pulls up on contact right now, he could be out of the game by the end of the 1st Q.

-Keeping Bell out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting him over Kendall Wright and I've struggled with the decision.

Tate now has an opportunity to earn a nice contract somewhere - I think he toughs it out and produces... He is a starting caliber RB.

ARI d is good, four broken ribs, means more carries for Johnson, I hope Tates ribs hold up so he can play all four quarters.
My concern as well. When a guy says on Monday he's having trouble breathing, that's a big flag.
It was to be expected actually. Rib injuries typically take a month to heal (he's three weeks removed now) and assuming he didn't further aggravate the injury last week (he didn't) odds are good that he's improved since. It's hard to take his word because he's going to play regardless, but he personally stated that he felt better this Wednesday than the week before.

The rib problem soon won't be one anymore but that discussion is for another thread entirely I suppose.

I'm not starting him either, the broken ribs, he pulls up on contact right now, he could be out of the game by the end of the 1st Q.

-Keeping Bell out there.
You see, I never understood this reasoning as a current knock on Tate. He played through the injury when it occurred three weeks ago and came back from the bye to carry the mail last week. It's fine to question his effectiveness but odds are good he can complete a full game at this point.

My concern as well. When a guy says on Monday he's having trouble breathing, that's a big flag.
It was to be expected actually. Rib injuries typically take a month to heal (he's three weeks removed now) and assuming he didn't further aggravate the injury last week (he didn't) odds are good that he's improved since. It's hard to take his word because he's going to play regardless, but he personally stated that he felt better this Wednesday than the week before.

The rib problem soon won't be one anymore but that discussion is for another thread entirely I suppose.

-Keeping Bell out there.
You see, I never understood this reasoning as a current knock on Tate. He played through the injury when it occurred three weeks ago and came back from the bye to carry the mail last week. It's fine to question his effectiveness but odds are good he can complete a full game at this point.
If he gets popped good he could be done for the day a lot quicker. He is avoiding contact and that is (NFL FIlms voice coming) "a dangerous game to play on an NFL Gridiron."

-Keeping Bell out there.
If he gets popped good he could be done for the day a lot quicker. He is avoiding contact and that is (NFL FIlms voice coming) "a dangerous game to play on an NFL Gridiron."
The NFL Films voice changes everything..

This type of injury essentially comes to down to pain tolerance though, no? Tate will be so high on pain killers I think he could loose an appendage and shake it off.

Users who are viewing this thread