What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bend, OR (1 Viewer)

Boneyard last night. It was fine. Mrs and daughter ordered Kalua pork bowls. I ordered wings.. we shared dessert pretzels. 90% of beer list is ipa. Got an excellent barrel aged beer.

lunch today at Chow.  Really good selection and execution.

I think there is a wine cooler or hard seltzer bar in Sunriver that might be more suited for you, Sally.  ;)

I think there is a wine cooler or hard seltzer bar in Sunriver that might be more suited for you, Sally.  ;)
I am a fan of German and Belgian bier.

I enjoyed Sierra Nevada and red hook when they first came out. I can enjoy balanced ipas. They all lost me when they started playing leap frog to out hop each other.

I am a fan of German and Belgian bier.

I enjoyed Sierra Nevada and red hook when they first came out. I can enjoy balanced ipas. They all lost me when they started playing leap frog to out hop each other.

Avoid Ninkasi at all costs, then. 

So when I go next weekend, would suggest skipping Boneyard?  Felt like your review was lackluster at best. 

So when I go next weekend, would suggest skipping Boneyard?  Felt like your review was lackluster at best. 
I know.... I used to be an F&B purchaser.  many, many samples of beer, wine, spirits, and food items.

the kalua bowl was good.

wings were ok.

it was a fine place and I know my environment for beer (ipas have been trending for about 10-15 yrs, especially west coast).  I honestly just do not have high expectations for food at breweries.  I was not expecting  michelin stars.  It was perfect after 8 hrs in the car

If you're an IPA lover it's fantastic.  I'm more of a German/Belgian guy myself so the options were limited, but the food is more than decent, better than your average brewery food.  I have nothing to compare it to in Bend though.  It's the only place we went to.  

Downtown Bend is neat.  Again, haven't been in several years, but it's got a lot going on.  It's a small, walkable area with plenty of options for eating and drinking.  It can get a little crowded, though.  Parking can be a bear.  There's a McMenamins there - the Old St. Francis School.  If you've never been to a McMenamins, it's worth checking out as the architecture and art work are really neat.  The food however is lackluster, over-priced and the service can be very surly.  Maybe have a drink and some tots so you can check it off your list, but you can do a lot better for food, especially for what they charge.  
We stayed there 3 nights about 5 years ago. We went from the Crater Lake Lodge to Bend and loved it. I saw something I've never seen anywhere else- "bicycle valet parking" for the Thur night riverside concert/bbq/Deschutes beer tent. 

Our room at the old School was a former classroom complete with chalkboard. They kept the old water fountain fixtures and the indoor pool was a trip like some sort of Roman spa.

We broke away from the group tonight and went to Zydeco. Excellent! If I lived here I would be a regular 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been quite some time since I was there, but I'll be there at the end of this month and I'm absolutely, positively hitting the Boneyard Brewery.  I've never been, but their flagship IPA is my favorite beer in the world. 
Consider visiting Bevel Craft Brewing as it’s owned by former disc golf world champions Nate Doss and Valerie Jenkins. 
Full transparency I have no idea how their beer is but I know they’re good people.  

Love Bend/Sunriver.  We usually stay in a VRBO or AirBnB for about a week in the summer in Sunriver since 2018. This year, we got a long-term rental 7/8-7/31, right across the street from the SHARC, so a prime location for us.  My wife and I are big IPA fans (especially hazies and juicies).

Sunriver Brew Co. (I've only been to the Sunriver location) has good food, and good beers.

Crux has been our favorite brewery venue so far. El Sancho Taco Shack has a truck there, and they're phenomenal. Usually, 3-5 other food trucks as well. The beer is great.

GoodLife Brewery is cool with a large outdoor space (at least 2 cornhole sets).

Bend Brewing Co. is a great spot right on the river. Good food and beers.

Those Thursday night free concerts in Drake Park are great. In 2019, we saw one of the Marley kids and the Wailers. 

We've taken our kids to the secret bar at McMenamin's Old St Francis. They were 14, 11, and 8 at the time. It was during the early afternoon, so it wasn't crowded at all. Our kids love Harry Potter, so the brooms and secrecy were a selling point for them. It was the bourbon drinks for my wife and I.

The original food cart pod at The Lot (intersection of NW Hartford Ave. & NW Columbia St.) is amazing. There's a permanent taproom there and lots of food carts to choose from.

Our kids love the candy store downtown (Cravin's on NW Wall St).

One of our favorite things to do in Bend is float down the Deschutes River. We use "Park & Float - Tumalo Creek Tube Rentals" near the skatepark that's super close to Bend Whitewater Park. You park, rent some tubes (or you can bring your own), they shuttle you a couple of mins away to Riverbend Park, you hop in the river and float for 2-3 hours, and get out at Drake Park where the shuttle is waiting and takes you back to your car. It's awesome.  You float past the music venue (formerly Les Schwab Tires Amphitheater, now Hayden Homes Amphitheater). In 2018, we got to hear Amos Lee doing his sound check. This Friday, we're going to actually go in and see Dispatch and OAR, with special guest G. Love (sans Special Sauce).

Anyways, there's a ton to do there, and beer is inexpensive (relative to the SF Bay Area). We're considering the area for our retirement (non-winter months though, as the wife can't stand being cold).

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Bend/Sunriver.  We usually stay in a VRBO or AirBnB for about a week in the summer in Sunriver since 2018. This year, we got a long-term rental 7/8-7/31, right across the street from the SHARC, so a prime location for us.  My wife and I are big IPA fans (especially hazies and juicies).

Sunriver Brew Co. (I've only been to the Sunriver location) has good food, and good beers.

Crux has been our favorite brewery venue so far. El Sancho Taco Shack has a truck there, and they're phenomenal. Usually, 3-5 other food trucks as well. The beer is great.

GoodLife Brewery is cool with a large outdoor space (at least 2 cornhole sets).

Bend Brewing Co. is a great spot right on the river. Good food and beers.

Those Thursday night free concerts in Drake Park are great. In 2019, we saw one of the Marley kids and the Wailers. 

We've taken our kids to the secret bar at McMenamin's Old St Francis. They were 14, 11, and 8 at the time. It was during the early afternoon, so it wasn't crowded at all. Our kids love Harry Potter, so the brooms and secrecy were a selling point for them. It was the bourbon drinks for my wife and I.

The original food cart pod at The Lot (intersection of NW Hartford Ave. & NW Columbia St.) is amazing. There's a permanent taproom there and lots of food carts to choose from.

Our kids love the candy store downtown (Cravin's on NW Wall St).

One of our favorite things to do in Bend is float down the Deschutes River. We use "Park & Float - Tumalo Creek Tube Rentals" near the skatepark that's super close to Bend Whitewater Park. You park, rent some tubes (or you can bring your own), they shuttle you a couple of mins away to Riverbend Park, you hop in the river and float for 2-3 hours, and get out at Drake Park where the shuttle is waiting and takes you back to your car. It's awesome.  You float past the music venue (formerly Les Schwab Tires Amphitheater, now Hayden Homes Amphitheater). In 2018, we got to hear Amos Lee doing his sound check. This Friday, we're going to actually go in and see Dispatch and OAR, with special guest G. Love (sans Special Sauce).

Anyways, there's a ton to there, and beer is inexpensive (relative to the SF Bay Area). We're considering the area for our retirement (non-winter months though, as the wife can't stand being cold).
My man!  I'll be there Fri-Sun.  Let's get a beer! 

Consider visiting Bevel Craft Brewing as it’s owned by former disc golf world champions Nate Doss and Valerie Jenkins. 
Full transparency I have no idea how their beer is but I know they’re good people.  
The beer is very good. I've stopped by their place a few times to grab a pint at the bar or a 4-pack or crowler to go. Very good, clean, and well-balanced IPAs for the most part. It's also surrounded by some food carts so there are food options and a practice basket right in the middle of it all.

I think I'm going to sell everything I own and move to Bend.  Get me a little house on a river and just live out the balance of my life.  What a fun place.  In 3 days, I hit:

- Boneyard
- 10 Barrel 
- Crux
- Bevel
- Worthy 
- Wild Ride

All outstanding and terrific out door seating with some really good food options.  Live music at Worthy was splendid.  Played cornhole at Crux with a beautiful blonde wearing short shorts.  They all wear short shorts out there.  And it seems to me that every woman wearing short shorts has toned, tan legs.  AND THEY ARE NICE!  

Did a river rafting trip one morning then topped it off with a float after disc golf on a course that was very challenging but fun.  Rocky.  High desert.  

Yup, I'm selling it all and going down there. 

I think I'm going to sell everything I own and move to Bend.  Get me a little house on a river and just live out the balance of my life.  What a fun place.  In 3 days, I hit:

- Boneyard
- 10 Barrel 
- Crux
- Bevel
- Worthy 
- Wild Ride

All outstanding and terrific out door seating with some really good food options.  Live music at Worthy was splendid.  Played cornhole at Crux with a beautiful blonde wearing short shorts.  They all wear short shorts out there.  And it seems to me that every woman wearing short shorts has toned, tan legs.  AND THEY ARE NICE!  

Did a river rafting trip one morning then topped it off with a float after disc golf on a course that was very challenging but fun.  Rocky.  High desert.  

You played Pine Nursery, right?

I'm guessing you lost a purple M2 disc?  I just got a text that someone found it.  :lmao:

You played Pine Nursery, right?

I'm guessing you lost a purple M2 disc?  I just got a text that someone found it.  :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry GB.  I held on to that one for a while, but my buddy borrowed it and lost it.  That course was difficult, but I was also really drunk and was afraid I was going to fall off a cliff.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry GB.  I held on to that one for a while, but my buddy borrowed it and lost it.  That course was difficult, but I was also really drunk and was afraid I was going to fall off a cliff.

It's all good! I was scratching my head for the past 24 hours about how that disc ended up there and now it makes so much sense! Glad you had a good time. I have more discs for you the next time we meet.  F this heat.

It's all good! I was scratching my head for the past 24 hours about how that disc ended up there and now it makes so much sense! Glad you had a good time. I have more discs for you the next time we meet.  F this heat.
Yeah, this heat blows.  I took my dog disc golfing last week and did great!  But it's way too hot for that today.  He's a black dog, so he gets really hot and I don't want to put him in harm's way.  I MIGHT try and play tonight at dusk if it cools off. 

Yeah, this heat blows.  I took my dog disc golfing last week and did great!  But it's way too hot for that today.  He's a black dog, so he gets really hot and I don't want to put him in harm's way.  I MIGHT try and play tonight at dusk if it cools off. 

Did you know there is a disc golf course a few minute walk from Autzen?  You can work it in next time you come down for a game.

- Boneyard
- 10 Barrel 
- Crux
- Bevel
- Worthy 
- Wild Ride

Mrs and I discussed it. Really liked the area

Mrs and I discussed it. Really liked the area
Well, I haven't quite had the convo with Mrs. GM yet as I was a solo man on this one, but I think she'd be down.  Schools are good, climate is right and the out door activities are what we're all about.  Portland has lost me.  I want a smaller, more manageable town and I think Bend is it for me.

Well, I haven't quite had the convo with Mrs. GM yet as I was a solo man on this one, but I think she'd be down.  Schools are good, climate is right and the out door activities are what we're all about.  Portland has lost me.  I want a smaller, more manageable town and I think Bend is it for me.

For us... it would be in two years, when our daughter is off to college.

Still thinking about Santa Cruz/Capitola.

My wife and I have discussed Bend as a final destination for us. We had a blast when we visited.

I'm a huge pickleball junkie. They just opened a large two story pb facility just out of town. I'm also an artist/sculptor and the natural mines nearby for obsidian are also very attractive. 

We did just buy a Subaru Outback.

It's definitely on our watch list.

Users who are viewing this thread