What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Attempting to Drive from RI to Kansas in 24 hours today (1 Viewer)

HUGE development. It just occurred to me we may have passed by one of the elusive Taco Bells that still carry the Chilito, aka chili cheese burritos on the way here. If anyone has any information on that it would be incredible. I told my son he may not want to try one if we do find it. Otherwise it will haunt his dreams for years like me.

They are among you, according to this map ...

I'm in Chili's in Oloth RIGHT NEXT TO ONE. OMG OMG OMG!!!

The thought of Chiltos next to the hotel I slept in last night is quick the head job. Check please!

I'm super jealous. The closest one to me is six hours away, and not on the way to anywhere, so I'll never just happen by it. I haven't had one in years
Where do you live again?

HUGE development. It just occurred to me we may have passed by one of the elusive Taco Bells that still carry the Chilito, aka chili cheese burritos on the way here. If anyone has any information on that it would be incredible. I told my son he may not want to try one if we do find it. Otherwise it will haunt his dreams for years like me.

The thought of Chiltos next to the hotel I slept in last night is quick the head job. Check please!

I'm super jealous. The closest one to me is six hours away, and not on the way to anywhere, so I'll never just happen by it. I haven't had one in years
Where do you live again?
Sacramento area, CA

Where do you live again?
Sacramento area, CA
Was gonna offer to bring some home to you on the drive, but that's not happening.

If you’re at the Chili’s in Olathe, go a couple miles east on 151st to Austin’s or The Peanut instead. The Peanut has the best chicken wings you’ll ever eat.
It's been a busy afternoon. My aunt passed right as we were leaving, and I had to make some calls today. That being said, I may try and get to a decent restaurant tomorrow, and I do love wings. Hopefully they have mild Buffalo. 😀

Indiana is awful btw
Worst state I've driven through. I once ended up driving a rental through France. So much of France reminds me of driving through Indiana. Terribly boring.
The midwest is a rough stretch to drive on the highways, sorry midwesterners, although 5 in California is no thrill either

Kansas is the worst state to drive though IMO, never feels like its gonna end
Nebraska says hello
Nebraska was the worst when I did a kc to long Beach trip in college

Recently, Elko, NV to Vegas is brutal. No one at all and literally looks like the moon the entire way
The outer limits of Nevada are definitely some of the weirdest places in this country. It is other planet material.

IF it interests you, years ago I used to drive back-and-forth between the Midwest and NY state, and something that I looked forward to was....

Long John Silvers NE of Cleveland right off of US 90

Indiana is awful btw
Worst state I've driven through. I once ended up driving a rental through France. So much of France reminds me of driving through Indiana. Terribly boring.
The midwest is a rough stretch to drive on the highways, sorry midwesterners, although 5 in California is no thrill either

West Texas would like to have a word.
Ever driven in the ugly part of California? Particularly, Needles to Victorville? Eesh.
We lived in the Mojave desert while my dad attended Test Pilot School. El Paso to San Antonio or Dallas is worse than anything else by far. Imagine Phoenix to Yuma with less places to stop and twice the distance.
Edwards AFB, CA? My dad was Army Flight Test Activity in the mid 70s, my freshman, soph years of high school. Life in the desert consisted of tennis, bowling, searching for errant drives beyond the fairways(in the desert) and the "Flush". Transfer to the Pentagon and I'm finishing high school in Fairfax County,VA.

Here you go, Snoopyheads.

Indiana is awful btw

Ever driven in the ugly part of California? Particularly, Needles to Victorville? Eesh.
We lived in the Mojave desert while my dad attended Test Pilot School. El Paso to San Antonio or Dallas is worse than anything else by far. Imagine Phoenix to Yuma with less places to stop and twice the distance.
Edwards AFB, CA? My dad was Army Flight Test Activity in the mid 70s, my freshman, soph years of high school. Life in the desert consisted of tennis, bowling, searching for errant drives beyond the fairways(in the desert) and the "Flush". Transfer to the Pentagon and I'm finishing high school in Fairfax County,VA.
I spent 1st grade at Edwards (82-83). Great place to ride a bmx bike. We lived in Falls Church, Springfield, and Alexandria on our tours to the Pentagon and Air War College. I didn’t live in a house for more than 3 years until I was 30.

Indiana is awful btw

I spent 1st grade at Edwards (82-83). Great place to ride a bmx bike. We lived in Falls Church, Springfield, and Alexandria on our tours to the Pentagon and Air War College. I didn’t live in a house for more than 3 years until I was 30.
I was born at Ft.Devins before it was a prison in Mass. My dad was Army. That's all I got

I don't think I've ever had a 'chilito' and looks like from the map I won't be having one any time soon. Suppose if I went down 95 into NC to see my daughter I could but there's certainly better things along the way than that.

Imagine driving 24 hours to Kansas City, home of some top notch BBQ (and other food as well) and hitting up the local Taco Bell instead. Multiple times.

:doh:
Now imagine being poor. 😀

Seriously though, I don't own a CC and have to make sure I have proper gas money for the ride home. It was way more than expected coming here. My son wants to hit a breakfast joint now. No BBQ there I'm assuming. 😉

I don't own a CC

Maybe you've posted it before, but why? This kinda baffles me.
We had some major flood issues years ago that destroyed our credit. Around The same time I blew my back out at work, and left the job. Should have lawyered up and workers comped, but just left. That was really stupid. Then during covid things got worse. Still just trying to dig out of all that. It's just easier to use debit now and spend what we have.

I need to find some sort of side hustle job that I can actually do now. I have physical limitations, so I am thinking something online or phone at this point. I am gonna finish my degree soon (need 2k for the one class) and I'm hoping that will help. At the same time my son is going off to college, so there is alot going on. It is what it is.

I don't own a CC

We had some major flood issues years ago that destroyed our credit. Around The same time I blew my back out at work, and left the job. Should have lawyered up and workers comped, but just left. That was really stupid. Then during covid things got worse. Still just trying to dig out of all that. It's just easier to use debit now and spend what we have.

I need to find some sort of side hustle job that I can actually do now. I have physical limitations, so I am thinking something online or phone at this point. I am gonna finish my degree soon (need 2k for the one class) and I'm hoping that will help. At the same time my son is going off to college, so there is alot going on. It is what it is.

Gotcha. I have a friend who refuses to get a CC on moral grounds, because they are predatory and make the bank billions on the backs of people who really can't afford it. Which of course is all true, but man, the convenience factor is great, especially of you don't carry a balance.

Sounds like you're being smart about it. Best of luck with things in the future. Life has a way of punching us in the gut something.

I don't own a CC

Gotcha. I have a friend who refuses to get a CC on moral grounds, because they are predatory and make the bank billions on the backs of people who really can't afford it. Which of course is all true, but man, the convenience factor is great, especially of you don't carry a balance.

Sounds like you're being smart about it. Best of luck with things in the future. Life has a way of punching us in the gut something.
We get by, but thanks.

Day two starts with drills in 45 minutes, and then a match tonight. My son was playing a bit passive last night under the instructions of a conservative coach. They played a team that implemented my style of pressing. I wasn't thrilled with how it went honestly. I told the boy to play his game as it's a tryout. You have to show them who you are, not deferring even if it's the "right" play. He had a couple of weaker more selfish guys that kept giving away counters all night, which left him defending more often than not. I hope they shuffle them around today. Fingers crossed.

How much longer you in town?
We are here until Thursday night. It's been busy with futsal. Will have sometime tonight. . His last session ends at 7:15 I believe. DM me if your around. Maybe meet for a beer or whatever if u want. May just hit the pool otherwise.

Kid wants waffles. We have now entered Overlord Park. I guess we are getting Dennys, but intrigued by Hardee's? Fml lol

Users who are viewing this thread