What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Attempting to Drive from RI to Kansas in 24 hours today (1 Viewer)

Snooze and The Big Biscuit are both regional chains that you don’t have in New England, both are great for breakfast. Think homestyle for Big Biscuit, Snooze maybe a bit more trendy.

Snooze and The Big Biscuit are both regional chains that you don’t have in New England, both are great for breakfast. Think homestyle for Big Biscuit, Snooze maybe a bit more trendy.
Serious question. What's home style mean?

Kid wants waffles. We have now entered Overlord Park. I guess we are getting Dennys, but intrigued by Hardee's? Fml lol
You must be on Metcalf at about 104th street
I can't believe we are getting Dennys, lol. Recommended a non chain option for a good omelet tomorrow?
There's a place called First Watch. They have a location at 92nd and Metcalf, so just north of you, and another one just west of 135th and Metcalf, so south of where you are. They have a solid omelet.

How much longer you in town?
We are here until Thursday night. It's been busy with futsal. Will have sometime tonight. . His last session ends at 7:15 I believe. DM me if your around. Maybe meet for a beer or whatever if u want. May just hit the pool otherwise.
I can't do it tonight unfortunately.

What's the futsal schedule look like tomorrow? and what time you leaving town? I might be able to meet you for BBQ if timing works and I'll buy.

How much longer you in town?
We are here until Thursday night. It's been busy with futsal. Will have sometime tonight. . His last session ends at 7:15 I believe. DM me if your around. Maybe meet for a beer or whatever if u want. May just hit the pool otherwise.
I can't do it tonight unfortunately.

What's the futsal schedule look like tomorrow? and what time you leaving town? I might be able to meet you for BBQ if timing works and I'll buy.
11:30-12:30 is session one, then 5-7 is the second session tomorrow, after that we we head home whenever.

Listen we don’t talk bad about Waffle House around here
So we actually went to Waffle House first. It looked like it was either out of business or condemned. There was a homeless dude (or a cook) hanging around the door, and he looked ROUGH. So we just kept driving to the closest Dennys.

On a side note, we were the only people in Dennys. After seating us the waitress took a call on speaker. Apparently "some shiz went down last night" Her friend accidentally shot his little sister in the face and killed her while cleaning or playing with his gun. He thought it was empty Apparently. I was just surprised she came into work after that. Wow.

Listen we don’t talk bad about Waffle House around here
So we actually went to Waffle House first. It looked like it was either out of business or condemned. There was a homeless dude (or a cook) hanging around the door, and he looked ROUGH. So we just kept driving to the closest Dennys.

On a side note, we were the only people in Dennys. After seating us the waitress took a call on speaker. Apparently "some shiz went down last night" Her friend accidentally shot his little sister in the face and killed her while cleaning or playing with his gun. He thought it was empty Apparently. I was just surprised she came into work after that. Wow.
Nah it’s fine, that’s just part of the Waffle House experience, especially during the day. Assuming you went to the one in Olathe - not the best part of town

Austin's had REALLY good chicken fajitas. My steak looked great, was cooked perfect, but wasn't super flavorful. Good experience overall.

Son played with top group this morning and was really good. One more session to go. He is definitely a top five player here, which made it all worth it to us just to find out.
You get to watch tryouts?

Drove from Wisconsin to Reno with 1 buddy for bowling. Was a good drive even though we had to stop when he threw up Colorado.

Is this a college camp?
He made the pool for the futsal national team a few months back. This was to see who gets to go to the tournament in France and whatevs from the pool. He did very well this week. Not sure how much seniority/politics come into play for this. He was one of the top five players, maybe as high as second best imo. We are pleased no matter what happens now. This ride home is gonna suxor. We should already be on the road, but he was sleeping terrible for some reason last night.

Is this a college camp?
He made the pool for the futsal national team a few months back. This was to see who gets to go to the tournament in France and whatevs from the pool. He did very well this week. Not sure how much seniority/politics come into play for this. He was one of the top five players, maybe as high as second best imo. We are pleased no matter what happens now. This ride home is gonna suxor. We should already be on the road, but he was sleeping terrible for some reason last night.

I look forward to the next thread about how great Taco Bell is in Paris.

(but seriously congrats)

Is this a college camp?

I look forward to the next thread about how great Taco Bell is in Paris.

(but seriously congrats)
Live look

Ever notice the long road trip home feels much shorter?
Agreed. I did take the northern corn route and skipped STL altogether coming home. Route 35 to 36 that turned into something in Missouri was a GLORIOUS drive. 100 miles of light traffic and straight road it seemed. It's corn!

Why did Illinois put all those loops in the highway pattern on their corn route through Springfield going north. The train tracks go straight, and the highway does a halfmoon adding travel time and nonsense. There had to be forty of them, all with those silos inside. So it must also have to do with corn ffs.

JUST arrived home. My tongue is swollen, I am walking all off-balance like scarecrow in WOOZ, and my arm is randomly killing me. I got one hour ish sleep in the freaking 32 hours it took. I drove all of it, except for a tiny stretch Luke did in Ohio. He probably did 30 mins, lol. We also did stop at an ibuddies in indy to say hello for 45 mins last night. The trip took way longer than it should have. I had to keep stopping to use the bathroom and deal with the motion weirdness. That is probably why. Great trip overall though.

Thanks for all the support and schtick throughout the trip. It made me enjoy it much more sharing it with Y'all. 😉

I am gonna get my health, diet, and finances back on track starting tomorrow. I'm excited and motivated.
Put on some of your favorite prog records to unwind.

Glad you made it home safe, pretty impressive that you powered through that drive home. Hopefully you can get some sleep

Users who are viewing this thread