What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

berman is a genius! (1 Viewer)

T

trader jake

i'm watching the coverage on ESPN and i'm very pleased...except for one thing

right before every pick chris berman acts like he's a genius knowing who tags is going to announce as the next pick....####! the producers are telling you the pick in your ear

cab drivers my ###. shut up boomer

right before every pick chris berman acts like he's a genius knowing who tags is going to announce as the next pick....####! the producers are telling you the pick in your ear

you are missing out on the Corey Chavous show on NFLN

you are missing out on the Corey Chavous show on NFLN
:thumbup: :goodposting:

good call. i really enjoyed corey's breakdowns on ESPN the past few years, but my cable provider doesn't carry the NFL network yet :cry:

the coverage on ESPN is actually the best i can remember in recent years. just that one little thing that is killin' me right now

i'd rather get the news when the pick is announced, not from boomer 3 seconds right before it's officially announced

good call. i really enjoyed corey's breakdowns on ESPN the past few years, but my cable provider doesn't carry the NFL network yet :cry:

the coverage on ESPN is actually the best i can remember in recent years. just that one little thing that is killin' me right now

i'd rather get the news when the pick is announced, not from boomer 3 seconds right before it's officially announced
Im sorry you dont getBermen is the sole reason I am not watching ESPN

right before jason allen was selected by the dolphins berman just had to say..."big corner" seconds before tags announced the pick

:rant:

is anyone else irritated by this?

right before jason allen was selected by the dolphins berman just had to say..."big corner" seconds before tags announced the pick

No, I'm watching NFL Network. :thumbup:

No, I'm watching NFL Network. :thumbup:
salt, meet wound :kicksrock:

I noticed it too that Boomer is something like well I think the Bills will throw us a curve ball when a few minutes before they all said they thought Bunkley would be the pick.

Boomer just shut up

I noticed it too that Boomer is something like well I think the Bills will throw us a curve ball when a few minutes before they all said they thought Bunkley would be the pick.

Boomer just shut up
:bye: i'm glad i'm not the only one

i just submitted a comment to espn to tell berman to shut up before the picks are made. so everything should be ok now.

:D

i just submitted a comment to espn to tell berman to shut up before the picks are made. so everything should be ok now.

:hophead: thank you

Um, I think you might want to re-submit that request... It doesn't look like they got the first one... How annoying! :wall:

ESPN's crew is embarrassing. Suzie Kolber is the only one who seems like she knows what she is doing. The others look like they are sitting in detention class.

agreed that this is uber annoying

the whole fun of the draft is not knowing who is gonna be picked there

not having some overrated nickname scrub let loose 3 seconds before Tags opens his mouth

not having some overrated nickname scrub let loose 3 seconds before Tags opens his mouth
:goodposting: "big TE" right before the pick :wall:

STOP BERMAN FROM SPEAKING BEFORE THE PICKS! :soap:

Don't worry, it's only about another hour until Berman runs out of gas and starts complaining about how long the draft is. He'll slow up here soon.

Hope only those who don't have the NFL Network are watching ESPN ... started watching both but the NFL Network has been so much better just watching it now ... both Mayock and Chavous have been outstanding.

Hope only those who don't have the NFL Network are watching ESPN ... started watching both but the NFL Network has been so much better just watching it now ... both Mayock and Chavous have been outstanding.
are you trying to hurt me with these words? ;)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :yes: :football:

Does Berman have pictures of some ESPN execs in drag or something? He is absolutely horrid, and has been for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Berman have pictures of some ESPN execs in drag or something? He is absolutely horrid, and has been for a long time.
:goodposting: It's the reason I've been watching the NFL Network.

michael irvin's professionalism has gone out the window during the 3rd round :X

i usually ignore mosh bashing of commentators because every person has different things that appeal to them. i just can't imagine anyone who is actually watching the 3rd round of the NFL draft is amused by this circus act that is being put on by irvin

i'm not even mad...it's just disappointing to see what he's doing

Berman is bad but this guy is huge with college kids which is a great demographic. Ratings are up when Bernman is on.

I generally like Berman, but his "blurts" at the last second are ruining things. If you thought the Bengals were going to take a TE (or whatever), why are you only mentioning it as probable three seconds before the announcement. That's just silly, and simply ruins the ultimate tension of the moment.

Berman opening his mouth right before the pick has been a source of irritation for years. OK, yeah, you think you look like a prognosticator, Chris - in fact, you're the doooosh in the movie theater who says "It's a guy" three seconds before the climactic moment in The Crying Game.

SHUT THE HELL UP YA BOZO YA!!!!

from PFT.com...

Commish Gets Upstaged.In what most likely will be Commissioner Paul Tagliabue's final stint walking to the podium and calling out the picks in round one (unless the owners can't agree on a replacement by next April), there are plenty of readers who complained that ESPN's Chris Berman seemed to know more than he should about each of the picks that were about to be made.Berman often revealed the selection under the guise of a last-second prediction -- and he usually was right on the money.  (In fact, we can't think of any time that he was wrong.)Enough, Chris.  We all like to hear it first from the Commissioner.  (Then again, since we've recommended that Berman be the next Commissioner, maybe we'll hear all of the round one picks from Boomer in 2007 and beyond.)And ESPN wasn't the only network guilty of giving viewers too much information too soon.  On at least one occasion while watching the NFL Network, we noticed that the lips of the guy who gets the draft card easily could be read.  (Pick No. 24.)Next year, folks, please don't destroy the sense of suspense that comes from a middle-aged man in a suit walking to a podium.  It's about the only time that such action ever creates any real drama, so let's not screw it up.
:wall: :goodposting:

I've got to bump this.

I feel quite strongly that Berman has outlived his usefulness.

Granted he was there in the early days when this new genre of sportcasters were new to us. Granted at first his nicks were kind of cute. But I have had enough of his tired shtick that I cannot watch ESPN when he is on anymore.

He physically makes me sick.

I cannot watch NFL Tonight anymore. When he says the things he has been saying for years, (I will not go into detail as I will probably puke if I do) I reach for the remote.

This has been talked about in threads for years.

Please ESPN, hear my plea:

Take Berman off the air. Please.

I've got to bump this.

I feel quite strongly that Berman has outlived his usefulness.

Granted he was there in the early days when this new genre of sportcasters were new to us. Granted at first his nicks were kind of cute. But I have had enough of his tired shtick that I cannot watch ESPN when he is on anymore.

He physically makes me sick.

I cannot watch NFL Tonight anymore. When he says the things he has been saying for years, (I will not go into detail as I will probably puke if I do) I reach for the remote.

This has been talked about in threads for years.

Please ESPN, hear my plea:

Take Berman off the air. Please.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too many quote steals from others, namely John Facenda and Howard Cosell. What's wrong Berman, can't think of anything but cute little nicknames for players?

Users who are viewing this thread