What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Besides LJ, best schedule for a RB down the stretch? (1 Viewer)

Reasons to believe he'll improve

a) Assuming his cast comes off soon

b) Seahawks are getting some WRs back that hopefully help open up lanes for the running game

c) He should be plenty rested since he hasn't done jack so far?

d) I'm an optimist? :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
and on a side note, Alexander did have some big runs (2 runs for 30 yards) called back yesterday due to penalty. He's not playing as good as anyone wants, but his performance was better than the numbers looked in the box score.

Brownies49'ersBearsRamsEaglesCardinalsPanthersRavensFalconsLots of cupcakes! Buy low, buy now! :X
Yes they are great matchups but that doesn't seem to matter much anymore. The Hawks scored 33 pts and blew the Rams horrible Rams out, yet he got 0 td's and ran for a vomit inspiring 2.47 ypc on 19 carries. You can't do much worse than that. I wouldn't touch him at this point. He's shown absolutely nothing this year.

Reasons to believe he'll improvea) Assuming his cast comes off soonb) Seahawks are getting some WRs back that hopefully help open up lanes for the running gamec) He should be plenty rested since he hasn't done jack so far?d) I'm an optimist? :X
and an SA owner?

Sounds more like a buy low argument for Hasselbeck to me - Branch and Hackett are coming back, and Morris and Weaver are improving the running game and providing nice receiving threats out of the backfield.

and on a side note, Alexander did have some big runs (2 runs for 30 yards) called back yesterday due to penalty. He's not playing as good as anyone wants, but his performance was better than the numbers looked in the box score.
By chance, was said penalty a HOLDING penalty perhaps? I'm not buying.

definitely true Bloom, but again, I saw some nice speed and power yesterday on his long reception and that 22 yard run that was called back. Is he struggling compared to past years? OF COURSE. So are a lot of backs in the NFL right now. But he didn't look crippled or old during several runs yesterday. I'm hoping he can build on that. And I do like that remaining schedule.

all of the reasons to believe that alexander will pick it up down the stretch are fading fast, but at the price you could get him for now, it's a worthy gamble.

crazy things happen. things much crazier than a former TD record holder picking it up after a few rough outings.

no one would bet the farm on an alexander resurgence, but the good news is you don't have to bet the farm. you can get him for an ear of corn right now. i wouldn't be the farm, but i'd bet an ear of corn.

yes, I own Alexander in 1 out of 12 leagues. Does that matter?
It may be clouding your judgement. I would try to use your SOS argument to sell him to an owner living in 2005. As he looks now, I'd say he has a better chance of losing carries than improving. When was the last time a healthy SA got only 60% of the carries?

Yea, I was sure he was in for a big game last night vs the Rams. I was very disappointed and hope that he (and the Hawks) snaps out of rut they're in ... and real quick like.

It may be clouding your judgement. I would try to use your SOS argument to sell him to an owner living in 2005. As he looks now, I'd say he has a better chance of losing carries than improving. When was the last time a healthy SA got only 60% of the carries?
I wouldn't call a RB running with a cast on his hand healthy right now, would you?

I wouldn't call a RB running with a cast on his hand healthy right now, would you?
Is that causing him to run for an anemic ypc?

Assuming he can stay healthy (big IF), Jamal Lewis is a slightly under-the-radar RB with a favorable rest of season and, especially, playoff schedule -- STL this week (easier rush D), then SEA (middle of road), then two very tough ones against BAL and PIT, followed by the real easy stretch: HOU, @ARI, @NYJ, BUF, @CIN .

Combine that with being the #1 guy (yes, even with Wright/Harrison there he's the guy when healthy) on a much improved, dare I even say potent Browns offense, and he could be a nice RB2 come weeks 14-16 (NYF, BUF, CIN).

Not by much. Not by much at all.When the Seahawks had the lead and were starting to run the clock, Morris and Weaver got as many carries as SA. He has 100 yards total in 3 games, 2 of which are bottom dweller defenses. He ran pretty hard (for him) in the first quarter against both teams but tailed off after a few hits and went back to his crumpler ways. It was obvious that when the team needed to run the ball that SA was not going to be the primary ball carrier. I would expect that SA's monopoly on carries is over, including goal line carries where the team decided to pass from the 1.

His cast has nothing to do with the lack pf heart he runs with. With his poor decisions and fetal position finishes. Sure it affects him, but there should be no way a $52 mil man should get 100 yards in 3 games because of a little cast.

Brownies49'ersBearsRamsEaglesCardinalsPanthersRavensFalconsLots of cupcakes! Buy low, buy now! :lmao:
This is a joke right? ROFL@ anyone who buys this clown low. If you watched him play at all you wouldnt be pimping him. The best was on a play vs the saints last week where he slowly stumbled up to a huge piule of players and layed down on them then rolled over on his back and layed there.

ROFL, i assure you a cast is the least of SAs worries atm. If he continues on the path he is on we will see him lose his job and contract.

AP!

Sure Phi and SD suck but

GB,OAK,NYG,DET,SF,CHI,WAS,DEN

No to bad for RB with his skillis and great OL. Just need 20 touches a game..... GRRR

Banger said:
PantherPower said:
Banger said:
PantherPower said:
His cast causes Holmgren to pretty much exclusively call run plays to the right when he is in. He must carry the ball with his right hand since the cast is on the left. To be honest I think its hurting the team for him to be in the game when the defense knows that if he is running, its to the right side. On a side note, he did run a lot harder yesterday than he has in weeks past. There just was no running lanes and as someone else stated, he had a few nice runs called back. He will be a much more effective runner if and when the cast comes off.

If you want a good buy-low candidate with a cake playoff schedule, Jamal Lewis is your man.

Week 12--Houston

Week 13--Arizona

Week 14--NYJ

Week 15--Buff

Week 16--Cinci

Week 17--SF

Banger said:
PantherPower said:
Banger said:
PantherPower said:
His cast causes Holmgren to pretty much exclusively call run plays to the right when he is in. He must carry the ball with his right hand since the cast is on the left. To be honest I think its hurting the team for him to be in the game when the defense knows that if he is running, its to the right side. On a side note, he did run a lot harder yesterday than he has in weeks past. There just was no running lanes and as someone else stated, he had a few nice runs called back. He will be a much more effective runner if and when the cast comes off.
He ran harder for a quarter. And that was it. His cast is an issue but it is not the main reason for his struggles. He may become more effective when it comes off, but not to the extent that he becomes a fantasy producer to target for the second half of the season. At best he'll be a little relief to grieving owners who've struggled with him thus far.

If you want a good buy-low candidate with a cake playoff schedule, Jamal Lewis is your man.

Week 12--Houston

Week 13--Arizona

Week 14--NYJ

Week 15--Buff

Week 16--Cinci

Week 17--SF
:goodposting: If CLE keeps going through shootouts with their schedule, JLew will have plenty of opportunities to put up good numbers.

Torque666 said:
PantherPower said:
Brownies49'ersBearsRamsEaglesCardinalsPanthersRavensFalconsLots of cupcakes! Buy low, buy now! :goodposting:
This is a joke right? ROFL@ anyone who buys this clown low. If you watched him play at all you wouldnt be pimping him. The best was on a play vs the saints last week where he slowly stumbled up to a huge piule of players and layed down on them then rolled over on his back and layed there.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I watched a lot of that game and you are absolutely correct. Pathetic effort. Absolutely pathetic. He is done. I learned my lesson on him last year, when he looked terrible BEFORE he was injured. Yeah, he did OK late in the year, but the writing was on the wall. He is not even a RB #3 at this point, and in a dynasty he has almost no value. He is done.

Week 8 NOR

Week 9 @ATL

Week 10 @SEA

Week 11 STL

Week 12 @ARI

Week 13 @CAR

Week 14 MIN

Week 15 CIN

Week 16 TAM

Guess who's joke of a schedule this is?

Week 8 NOR

Week 9 @ATL

Week 10 @SEA

Week 11 STL

Week 12 @ARI

Week 13 @CAR

Week 14 MIN

Week 15 CIN

Week 16 TAM

Mr.GoreI have been trying to deal for Lewis and Gore the past 3 weeks because of their upcoming schedules and have had zero luck.

Banger said:
PantherPower said:
Banger said:
PantherPower said:
He ran harder for a quarter. And that was it. His cast is an issue but it is not the main reason for his struggles. He may become more effective when it comes off, but not to the extent that he becomes a fantasy producer to target for the second half of the season. At best he'll be a little relief to grieving owners who've struggled with him thus far.
How can you tell me that it is not a huge disadvantage for the offense when the defense pretty much knows if they run the ball with SA, it is to the right side? His cast IS the main reason for his struggles. That and the fact that the right side of the line sucks balls at run blocking. Chris Gray needs to retire.

Week 8 NOR

Week 9 @ATL

Week 10 @SEA

Week 11 STL

Week 12 @ARI

Week 13 @CAR

Week 14 MIN

Week 15 CIN

Week 16 TAM

Mr.GoreI have been trying to deal for Lewis and Gore the past 3 weeks because of their upcoming schedules and have had zero luck.
:excited: I traded for Lewis & Gore the past 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago I gave up Welker & Foster for Lewis & Miller (obv now I wish I didnt do that trade). And then I gave up Portis & Berrian for Gore

LJ has very very very bad matchups weeks 9, 13, and 15 = all SOS of below 12.

Edge is the man down the stretch, based on the SoS

Week 9 @TAM 20.7 = sos

Week 10 DET 28.1

Week 11 @CIN 24.4

Week 12 SFO 19.3

Week 13 CLE 15.2

Week 14 @SEA 19.5

Week 15 @NOR 16.9

Week 16 ATL 16.8

Week 17 STL 21.1

Not too much easier than that!!

Denver and NO have some nice match-ups as well!!

How can you tell me that it is not a huge disadvantage for the offense when the defense pretty much knows if they run the ball with SA, it is to the right side? His cast IS the main reason for his struggles. That and the fact that the right side of the line sucks balls at run blocking. Chris Gray needs to retire.
Because he's pathetic no matter which side he runs on. He falls into a fetal ball on the ground at first contact. He is running with no heart, no vision, no power, no speed, no effort, no desire, no nothing. It can't be a limp wrist that completely derails a MVP. He's not playing for a paycheck anymore. He played crappy in preseason, and in the early games before the cast and before teams starting keying into the fact that he doesn't run left much anymore. He has sucked all year long and while the wrist is a disadvantage, it doesn't explain the complete lack of effort on his part. Watch any other football game, college or pro, and you will see a RB who runs the ball harder and with more heart than SA has displayed all year long. Line issues aside, a $52 mil Man should be able to at least fall forward when he gets met at the LOS. MoMo had almost the same yardage with half the carries this week, Weaver outrushed SA last week on one carry. The guy has flat out lost what little guts he had. I think NE will lose to another AFCE team before SA gets 100 yard game.

He's just looking for a place to fall every time he touches the ball. He's so completely done he should just retire midseason, he's not helping anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread