What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2013 (1 Viewer)

Possum said:
Im loving Blitzen Trapper's new album VII. It's got a more swamp rock type sound and a little different for them, but it works. Fun album, and Eric Earley is a helluva song writer. Probably one of the most underrated songwriters out there.

Feel The Chill

Earth
yeah, I've only listened to it once so far but I'm digging it, and I agree on his songwriting.

did you ever give the John Moreland album a spin?
I did briefly, and listened to the whole thing this morning. It didnt hit me like Jason Isbell's album, but there are definitely a lot of great lyrics from Moreland.
fair enough

I listened to "Aquarius" and want to work my way up to their latest (their 3rd?). They sound really good except for (what I call) the circus music. The first album tended to stray off-course for my taste, but I do want to hear how they've progressed.

Good band recommendation and a nice find though :hifive:
The circus music in the middle of Celestial Elixir is my favorite part of my favorite song. :cool: It just comes out of nowhere. I would say that the 2nd (Visions) and 3rd (The Mountain) are certainly progressed away from that.
Listened to all 3 and I like 'Visions' the best.

Any Mazzy Star fans? Seasons of Your Day is pretty great.
I like it just fine, but still doesn't really stand up to She Hangs Brightly for me.
This one has grown on me quite a bit on repeated relistens.
it sounds a lot like She Hangs, which is remarkable considering the time difference
:wub: Hope Sandoval. Her voice has held up well, takes me back to the mid 90s.

Cage The Elephant's new one is solid. A pretty different sound from them. Less in your face riffs as they take it down a few notches with a more melodic and psychedelic approach that sounds Revolver/Rubber Soul Beatlesque at times, surprising as that may sound. Definitely liking so far.

Come A Little Closer

I'm afraid to listen to this Arcade Fire album. Really feel like I'm not going to like this one.
I really like it so far. It is a bit different for them, but in a good way. I think it will go down as one of my favorites of the year, probably in the 2nd tier with the ones by Dream Theater, The Flaming Lips and Spock's Beard. Nothing will come close to topping the Steven Wilson masterpiece, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread